Messages saved to Deleted Items instead of Drafts

I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 (Office 2003 Pro) in Windows XP Pro SP2, with 
all available patches to Windows and Office. If I start a message or a Reply 
and click the Save icon, the saved message is "saved" to the Deleted Items 
folder instead of the Drafts folder. If I close the message (as one would do 
if one were planning to continue later) and empty the Deleted Items folder 
the message is lost.

If I go to Tools, Options, Preferences, E-mail Options..., Advanced E-mail 
Options..., "Save unsent items in:" has "Drafts" selected, so it should save 
them in the Drafts folder.

The "Why didn't I think of that?" answer is to never empty the Deleted Items 
folder, but surely there is a fix for this. I have searched the Microsoft 
Knowledge Base and found nothing.

Thanks,
Gene 


0
11/3/2005 12:02:36 AM
outlook 87535 articles. 11 followers. Follow

8 Replies
1493 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 51

Try starting Outlook once with the /ResetFolders switch.  If you need help 
using Outlook command line switches, look here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296192

-- 
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply 
only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***


"Gene" wrote:

> I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 (Office 2003 Pro) in Windows XP Pro SP2, with 
> all available patches to Windows and Office. If I start a message or a Reply 
> and click the Save icon, the saved message is "saved" to the Deleted Items 
> folder instead of the Drafts folder. If I close the message (as one would do 
> if one were planning to continue later) and empty the Deleted Items folder 
> the message is lost.
> 
> If I go to Tools, Options, Preferences, E-mail Options..., Advanced E-mail 
> Options..., "Save unsent items in:" has "Drafts" selected, so it should save 
> them in the Drafts folder.
> 
> The "Why didn't I think of that?" answer is to never empty the Deleted Items 
> folder, but surely there is a fix for this. I have searched the Microsoft 
> Knowledge Base and found nothing.
> 
> Thanks,
> Gene 
> 
> 
> 
0
11/3/2005 6:54:01 AM
Dear Jocelyn,

Thank you for the suggestion. I was nervous about doing this, not knowing 
what it might do to the add-ins I have in Outlook (Cloudmark Deskbar, You 
Perform, and Lookout), so before starting Outlook with the /ResetFolders 
switch I did another test this morning. Lo, and behold! I started a new 
message, saved it, closed it, and it was actually there in my Drafts folder 
waiting for me.

Perhaps just closing Outlook last night and restarting it today did 
something. I have done nothing else since posting my question. In any case, 
thanks for the help.

Sincerely,
Gene


"Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" 
<JocelynFiorelloMVPOutlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:7514FD7D-DB9F-49D4-AAEB-8B52CFCADB9B@microsoft.com...
> Try starting Outlook once with the /ResetFolders switch.  If you need help
> using Outlook command line switches, look here:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296192
>
> -- 
> Jocelyn Fiorello
> MVP - Outlook
>
> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please 
> reply
> only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>
>
> "Gene" wrote:
>
>> I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 (Office 2003 Pro) in Windows XP Pro SP2, with
>> all available patches to Windows and Office. If I start a message or a 
>> Reply
>> and click the Save icon, the saved message is "saved" to the Deleted 
>> Items
>> folder instead of the Drafts folder. If I close the message (as one would 
>> do
>> if one were planning to continue later) and empty the Deleted Items 
>> folder
>> the message is lost.
>>
>> If I go to Tools, Options, Preferences, E-mail Options..., Advanced 
>> E-mail
>> Options..., "Save unsent items in:" has "Drafts" selected, so it should 
>> save
>> them in the Drafts folder.
>>
>> The "Why didn't I think of that?" answer is to never empty the Deleted 
>> Items
>> folder, but surely there is a fix for this. I have searched the Microsoft
>> Knowledge Base and found nothing.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gene
>>
>>
>> 


0
11/3/2005 6:32:28 PM
Dear Jocelyn,

On Nov 3 I responded to your suggestion, letting you know Outlook had 
apparently fixed itself. Today it resumed its old behavior, saving draft 
messages in the Deleted Items folder. So I ran the command you suggested and 
it has fixed the problem. Thank you for your help.

When I attempted to run the command from Start | Run I received a Windows 
error message saying "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program'. Be sure you 
typed...." It was behaving as if it could not deal with names longer than 8 
letters. I then ran the command as C:\Progra~1\Microsoft Office.... and it 
hung up on Microsoft. So I tried to run it as 
C:\Progra~1\Micros~7\Office11\Outlook.exe, since Microsoft Office is the 
seventh Microsoft folder inside Program Files. Well, I got a much longer 
error message this time and knew it was not going to work, so I opened a 
command window and used the cd command to work my way to the Office folder 
where I then ran the command.

Do you know why the Run dialog box would not run commands that have folders 
with more than 8 letters? I searched the MS KB and found no answers.

Thanks again,
Gene


"Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" 
<JocelynFiorelloMVPOutlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:7514FD7D-DB9F-49D4-AAEB-8B52CFCADB9B@microsoft.com...
> Try starting Outlook once with the /ResetFolders switch.  If you need help
> using Outlook command line switches, look here:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296192
>
> -- 
> Jocelyn Fiorello
> MVP - Outlook
>
> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please 
> reply
> only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>
>
> "Gene" wrote:
>
>> I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 (Office 2003 Pro) in Windows XP Pro SP2, with
>> all available patches to Windows and Office. If I start a message or a 
>> Reply
>> and click the Save icon, the saved message is "saved" to the Deleted 
>> Items
>> folder instead of the Drafts folder. If I close the message (as one would 
>> do
>> if one were planning to continue later) and empty the Deleted Items 
>> folder
>> the message is lost.
>>
>> If I go to Tools, Options, Preferences, E-mail Options..., Advanced 
>> E-mail
>> Options..., "Save unsent items in:" has "Drafts" selected, so it should 
>> save
>> them in the Drafts folder.
>>
>> The "Why didn't I think of that?" answer is to never empty the Deleted 
>> Items
>> folder, but surely there is a fix for this. I have searched the Microsoft
>> Knowledge Base and found nothing.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gene
>>
>>
>> 


0
12/26/2005 8:20:35 PM
Dear Jocelyn,

I have noticed that Outlook launches must more quickly than before. It seems 
something has been "cleaned up" to allow it to start up faster. Do you know 
what this might be? Also, I could find nothing that tells me what changes 
the /ResetFolders switch makes to Outlook except for the single line 
"Restores missing folders for the default delivery", provided in the link 
you gave me. Does this change any settings I have made to Outlook?

Thanks,
Gene


"Gene" <gene_sorensen@hotmail.com> wrote in message 
news:%23apqTnlCGHA.740@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Dear Jocelyn,
>
> On Nov 3 I responded to your suggestion, letting you know Outlook had 
> apparently fixed itself. Today it resumed its old behavior, saving draft 
> messages in the Deleted Items folder. So I ran the command you suggested 
> and it has fixed the problem. Thank you for your help.
>
> When I attempted to run the command from Start | Run I received a Windows 
> error message saying "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program'. Be sure you 
> typed...." It was behaving as if it could not deal with names longer than 
> 8 letters. I then ran the command as C:\Progra~1\Microsoft Office.... and 
> it hung up on Microsoft. So I tried to run it as 
> C:\Progra~1\Micros~7\Office11\Outlook.exe, since Microsoft Office is the 
> seventh Microsoft folder inside Program Files. Well, I got a much longer 
> error message this time and knew it was not going to work, so I opened a 
> command window and used the cd command to work my way to the Office folder 
> where I then ran the command.
>
> Do you know why the Run dialog box would not run commands that have 
> folders with more than 8 letters? I searched the MS KB and found no 
> answers.
>
> Thanks again,
> Gene
>
>
> "Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" 
> <JocelynFiorelloMVPOutlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:7514FD7D-DB9F-49D4-AAEB-8B52CFCADB9B@microsoft.com...
>> Try starting Outlook once with the /ResetFolders switch.  If you need 
>> help
>> using Outlook command line switches, look here:
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296192
>>
>> -- 
>> Jocelyn Fiorello
>> MVP - Outlook
>>
>> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please 
>> reply
>> only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>>
>>
>> "Gene" wrote:
>>
>>> I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 (Office 2003 Pro) in Windows XP Pro SP2, 
>>> with
>>> all available patches to Windows and Office. If I start a message or a 
>>> Reply
>>> and click the Save icon, the saved message is "saved" to the Deleted 
>>> Items
>>> folder instead of the Drafts folder. If I close the message (as one 
>>> would do
>>> if one were planning to continue later) and empty the Deleted Items 
>>> folder
>>> the message is lost.
>>>
>>> If I go to Tools, Options, Preferences, E-mail Options..., Advanced 
>>> E-mail
>>> Options..., "Save unsent items in:" has "Drafts" selected, so it should 
>>> save
>>> them in the Drafts folder.
>>>
>>> The "Why didn't I think of that?" answer is to never empty the Deleted 
>>> Items
>>> folder, but surely there is a fix for this. I have searched the 
>>> Microsoft
>>> Knowledge Base and found nothing.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Gene
>>>
>>>
>>>
>
> 


0
12/26/2005 8:30:36 PM
If your file path had spaces in it (most likely -- "Program Files" being two 
words), you would need to enclose the entire file path in quotation marks in 
order for Windows to look at the whole thing -- otherwise it stops when it 
finds the first space.

-- 
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply 
only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***


"Gene" wrote:

> Dear Jocelyn,
> 
> On Nov 3 I responded to your suggestion, letting you know Outlook had 
> apparently fixed itself. Today it resumed its old behavior, saving draft 
> messages in the Deleted Items folder. So I ran the command you suggested and 
> it has fixed the problem. Thank you for your help.
> 
> When I attempted to run the command from Start | Run I received a Windows 
> error message saying "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program'. Be sure you 
> typed...." It was behaving as if it could not deal with names longer than 8 
> letters. I then ran the command as C:\Progra~1\Microsoft Office.... and it 
> hung up on Microsoft. So I tried to run it as 
> C:\Progra~1\Micros~7\Office11\Outlook.exe, since Microsoft Office is the 
> seventh Microsoft folder inside Program Files. Well, I got a much longer 
> error message this time and knew it was not going to work, so I opened a 
> command window and used the cd command to work my way to the Office folder 
> where I then ran the command.
> 
> Do you know why the Run dialog box would not run commands that have folders 
> with more than 8 letters? I searched the MS KB and found no answers.
> 
> Thanks again,
> Gene
> 
> 
> "Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" 
> <JocelynFiorelloMVPOutlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:7514FD7D-DB9F-49D4-AAEB-8B52CFCADB9B@microsoft.com...
> > Try starting Outlook once with the /ResetFolders switch.  If you need help
> > using Outlook command line switches, look here:
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296192
> >
> > -- 
> > Jocelyn Fiorello
> > MVP - Outlook
> >
> > *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please 
> > reply
> > only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
> >
> >
> > "Gene" wrote:
> >
> >> I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 (Office 2003 Pro) in Windows XP Pro SP2, with
> >> all available patches to Windows and Office. If I start a message or a 
> >> Reply
> >> and click the Save icon, the saved message is "saved" to the Deleted 
> >> Items
> >> folder instead of the Drafts folder. If I close the message (as one would 
> >> do
> >> if one were planning to continue later) and empty the Deleted Items 
> >> folder
> >> the message is lost.
> >>
> >> If I go to Tools, Options, Preferences, E-mail Options..., Advanced 
> >> E-mail
> >> Options..., "Save unsent items in:" has "Drafts" selected, so it should 
> >> save
> >> them in the Drafts folder.
> >>
> >> The "Why didn't I think of that?" answer is to never empty the Deleted 
> >> Items
> >> folder, but surely there is a fix for this. I have searched the Microsoft
> >> Knowledge Base and found nothing.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Gene
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
12/31/2005 10:31:04 PM
I'm not sure what else might have gotten "cleaned up" when you ran 
/ResetFolders, except that maybe Outlook was having a tough time working with 
corrupt or missing folders before, so it took longer to find what it was 
looking for.  Basically all /ResetFolders does is reset the default folders 
to factory settings as far as what their names are, what their functions are, 
and where they are supposed to be.  I don't think it ever messes with your 
data or your view settings or that kind of thing.

-- 
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply 
only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***


"Gene" wrote:

> Dear Jocelyn,
> 
> I have noticed that Outlook launches must more quickly than before. It seems 
> something has been "cleaned up" to allow it to start up faster. Do you know 
> what this might be? Also, I could find nothing that tells me what changes 
> the /ResetFolders switch makes to Outlook except for the single line 
> "Restores missing folders for the default delivery", provided in the link 
> you gave me. Does this change any settings I have made to Outlook?
> 
> Thanks,
> Gene
> 
> 
> "Gene" <gene_sorensen@hotmail.com> wrote in message 
> news:%23apqTnlCGHA.740@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > Dear Jocelyn,
> >
> > On Nov 3 I responded to your suggestion, letting you know Outlook had 
> > apparently fixed itself. Today it resumed its old behavior, saving draft 
> > messages in the Deleted Items folder. So I ran the command you suggested 
> > and it has fixed the problem. Thank you for your help.
> >
> > When I attempted to run the command from Start | Run I received a Windows 
> > error message saying "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program'. Be sure you 
> > typed...." It was behaving as if it could not deal with names longer than 
> > 8 letters. I then ran the command as C:\Progra~1\Microsoft Office.... and 
> > it hung up on Microsoft. So I tried to run it as 
> > C:\Progra~1\Micros~7\Office11\Outlook.exe, since Microsoft Office is the 
> > seventh Microsoft folder inside Program Files. Well, I got a much longer 
> > error message this time and knew it was not going to work, so I opened a 
> > command window and used the cd command to work my way to the Office folder 
> > where I then ran the command.
> >
> > Do you know why the Run dialog box would not run commands that have 
> > folders with more than 8 letters? I searched the MS KB and found no 
> > answers.
> >
> > Thanks again,
> > Gene
> >
> >
> > "Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" 
> > <JocelynFiorelloMVPOutlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > news:7514FD7D-DB9F-49D4-AAEB-8B52CFCADB9B@microsoft.com...
> >> Try starting Outlook once with the /ResetFolders switch.  If you need 
> >> help
> >> using Outlook command line switches, look here:
> >>
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296192
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> Jocelyn Fiorello
> >> MVP - Outlook
> >>
> >> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please 
> >> reply
> >> only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
> >>
> >>
> >> "Gene" wrote:
> >>
> >>> I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 (Office 2003 Pro) in Windows XP Pro SP2, 
> >>> with
> >>> all available patches to Windows and Office. If I start a message or a 
> >>> Reply
> >>> and click the Save icon, the saved message is "saved" to the Deleted 
> >>> Items
> >>> folder instead of the Drafts folder. If I close the message (as one 
> >>> would do
> >>> if one were planning to continue later) and empty the Deleted Items 
> >>> folder
> >>> the message is lost.
> >>>
> >>> If I go to Tools, Options, Preferences, E-mail Options..., Advanced 
> >>> E-mail
> >>> Options..., "Save unsent items in:" has "Drafts" selected, so it should 
> >>> save
> >>> them in the Drafts folder.
> >>>
> >>> The "Why didn't I think of that?" answer is to never empty the Deleted 
> >>> Items
> >>> folder, but surely there is a fix for this. I have searched the 
> >>> Microsoft
> >>> Knowledge Base and found nothing.
> >>>
> >>> Thanks,
> >>> Gene
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >
> > 
> 
> 
> 
0
12/31/2005 10:33:02 PM
Gene <gene_sorensen@hotmail.com> wrote:

> When I attempted to run the command from Start | Run I received a
> Windows error message saying "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program'. Be
> sure you typed...." It was behaving as if it could not deal with
> names longer than 8 letters.

That's probably because you didn't enclose it in quotes.

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe" /ResetFolders
-- 
Brian Tillman
0
tillman1952 (16051)
1/3/2006 2:58:20 PM
> That's probably because you didn't enclose it in quotes.
> "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe" /ResetFolders

Well! That's a good rule to know. Thanks very much.

Happy New Year,
Gene


"Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:O8NWkYHEGHA.3404@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Gene <gene_sorensen@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> When I attempted to run the command from Start | Run I received a
>> Windows error message saying "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program'. Be
>> sure you typed...." It was behaving as if it could not deal with
>> names longer than 8 letters.
>
> That's probably because you didn't enclose it in quotes.
>
> "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe" /ResetFolders
> -- 
> Brian Tillman 


0
1/3/2006 5:07:59 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Debug Output Message
I am unsure what to do. I am receiving the following message: HEAP[NcicMdt.exe]: HEAP: Free Heap block ab4a50 modified at ab4a84 after it was freed This occurs during 'OnKillFocus' of a subclassed edit control: void ILclEdit::OnKillFocus() { if (m_ModifiedInd) { CString szTemp; GetWindowText(szTemp); <<=== This call MsgValidate(szTemp); } } The call stack is as follows: NTDLL! 77f75a58() NTDLL! 77f9d959() NTDLL! 77f83eb1() NTDLL! 77f589f2() _heap_alloc_base(unsigned int 64) line 200 _heap_alloc_dbg(unsigned int 22, int 1, const char * 0x5f4d0b18 THIS_FILE, int 118)...

Messages pending submission queue
We have exchange 2003 in a small native AD domain. Haven't long upgraded from exchange2000 and we're using GFI for anti spam. Just recently we've been having an intermittant problem whereby the messages pending submission queue fills up and the whole of exchange grinds to a halt. The SMTP service then cannot be re-started without rebooting the machine. This however has no effect on the queue. THe only way around it that we've found so far is to re-start the machine with the SMTP service disabled, remove the messages manually from the queue and then re-start the SMTP service. ...

Trouble saving on network storage
Has anyone ever experienced a problem with Project 2007 and saving the project file to a network share? I keep running into issues with Project intermittently saving a corrupt version of the file, only 2K in size compared to a respectable file size. The only problems I've had are saving over a dodgy network: poor cabling or overloaded networks. Once I had to only ever save to my local C: drive then copy the file to the network. Annoying, but my local copy never corrupted and loaded/saved much more quickly. -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co....

Lot Matrix Items not showing in item search
How can you access lot matrix items? If the option "Always display 'find' window for items" is selected it doesn't display lot matrix items. Is there another way to access these items? ...

Daylight Savings and my Outlook 2003 calendar
Anybody know why daylight savings jacked up my Outlook 2003 calender? All of my "All Day Event" items were adjusted back an hour so it looks like they last for 2 days instead of 1. Thank you in advance, Tony In Outlook, go to Tools/options/Preference/Calendar Options/Time Zone. Make sure that the correct time zone is set up and that day light savings time is checked. >-----Original Message----- >Anybody know why daylight savings jacked up my Outlook 2003 calender? All >of my "All Day Event" items were adjusted back an hour so it looks like they >la...

Good POP client to download messages to folders as .msgs?
I work for an NASD regulated firm, so we archive 3 years of email. We used to just archive PST files of the mailbox that contained all the outgoing and incoming emails (via journaling). What I want to use now is use some pop3 client that can download messages from Exchange and put them into .msg formats in some folder on my main archiving PC. Much easier to index the stuff. Anyone know of a pop3 client that places files into directories? So each message is its own little text or .msg file? Thanks! Way too convoluted. Go with Enterprise Vault from Symantec to archive and show compl...

CListCtrl Scroll Messages
Does anyone here have example code that show how to send a WM_VSCROLL message to a CListCtrl control using SB_THUMBPOSITION, SB_THUMBTRACK, and SB_ENDSCROLL to scroll a listctrl? I have watched spy++ and can clearly see that these are the messages that are being sent to the CListCtrl when dragging the thumb control of CListCtrl's scrollbar, but I can't get the list to scroll by doing SendMessage commands to the CListCtrl. Can anyone post sample code on how to do this properly if it is possible? Thanks, Greg WORKAROUND : CListCtrl :: EnsureVisible() Complex but effective - owner dr...

Recover Purged items from the Dumpster
Please read the question carefully. I appreciate any help but only from people who understand my issue. I have a shared public folder that receives incoming faxes as e-mails. Users delete these e-mails once forwarded. Users empty their Deleted Items which places the deleted items into the Dumpster. Users then go to Tools/recover deleted items and purge them from the dumpster. How can I recover these messages that were purged from the dumpster? How can I prevent users from doing this? I consider this to be a major Exchange 2003 flaw! People say,"If your mail is that importan...

Visio.ActiveWindow.Selection.Item(i) gives INVALID SELECTION IDENTIFIER
My program is supposed to bring up a window to ask the user which shapes should exist independently on every page. Initially, shapes only exist on the background page. If the user checks the checkbox next to the shape on the form, then I copy that shape from the background page and paste it to every page before. I need to be able to keep the same name for that shape on every page (in case the user wants to delete the shape from every page), but Visio change the name of the pasted shape when pasted. I figured I needed to save a reference to the copied shape and change the name of the pasted...

Flagging email for follow up in inbox duplicates to do items
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap I'm new to Mac having migrated from a PC running Outlook. <br> In Entourage 2008, when I flag an email for follow-up to automatically add it to my to do list, I end up with 2 extra duplicate to dos. It appears this happens because the flagged email message is in my inbox, my starred mail folder and my all mail folder. I have a gmail account set-up as imap. <br> My question is how to filter my 'to do' list down so it populates my 'to do' item list from just o...

Error Deleting a Public Folder
When I try to delete a particular Public Folder I get the following error message: The operation failed because of an HTTP Error 422 ID: c1030af4 Any ideas how I can get rid of this folder? On 9 Aug 2006 01:36:36 -0700, "compass" <compass@compasscc.com> wrote: >When I try to delete a particular Public Folder I get the following >error message: >The operation failed because of an HTTP Error 422 >ID: c1030af4 > >Any ideas how I can get rid of this folder? Try pfdavadmin: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=635BE792-D8AD-49E3-ADA4-E2422...

Multiple value field displaying number instead of what is in the table
I have two columns on my report. One column named Loss Category that is bound by the field Loss Category on my table and is set up as a combo box that allows multiple values to be selected on the form. For example, a user may select fraud or personal injury OR fraud and personal injury. The second column on my report is named Risk Information that has the following expression: RiskInfo: "Loss Date: " & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & [Loss Date] & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & "Insurance Defense:" & Chr(13) & Chr(10) &a...

Rule: Delete from server
Vista business, windows mail Hi, there is a rule in windows mail: "delete from server" if - for exemple - special words exist in the text of the mail. In this case, you cannot click the further rule: "do not execute further rules" The effect is, that this mails are loaded in my computer. I expected that they would be deleted from the mail-server and would not be sent to my computer. PS. Please excuse my English, it's a long time that I've learned it ! See http://www.insideoe.com/tips/rules.htm#delete steve "Hans" <h.schrott@...

Outlook 2003 is not finding recent messages using the find function
One of our client have problems when searching for a message in his inbox. Recent received mails are not found. Only mails who are already a few hours in his inbox are found . The cashing is enabled. On the exchange server the full text indexing is disabled. His inbox contains +/- 20.000 mails In news:OOGMGUZAGHA.3352@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, Paul <pcauwe@hotmail.com> typed: > One of our client have problems when searching for a message in his > inbox. Recent received mails are not found. Only mails who are > already a few hours in his inbox are found . The cashing is enabled....

crm-mail does not save mail into sent folder
Thanks for you replay about sales for outlook requirements I noticed a problem with SFO crm-mail does not save mail into sent folder It's been saved into deleted email folde , and all of them does not have the sender , anyway they were sent because they arrived to destination. What can be the problem? thanks -- Benito Rosado Milano, Italy Afraid that is "by design". This will change in v3 though. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "benny" <benny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA4C564B-80C9-47C8-85E5-0C0948EB6B4E@microsoft.com... Thank...

Saving ftp login password ?
I save an Excel file to a web site (ftp server). The interface remembers the site name and user name but not the password. How do I associate the two so that this ftp login is automated and I don't have to type the password every time ? -- Regards Gershon Shamay ...

Supress "Save" prompt after resizing form by code?
I use DoCmd.MoveSize to resize my form on Form_Load and in the code of two buttons. How can I supress the "Do you want to save changes to the design?" message when I close? I tried setting Me.Dirty = False, but the code kept coming back as an invalid reference to Dirty - I finally realized that when it hit that spot, the database window was becoming the active window and the object of "Me", and probably doesn't have a Dirty property. Everywhere else I use Me to refer to the controls, it works just fine. Ed Ed, use of DoCmd.MoveSize does not usually give that message...

Edit PO Status Cost Variance Journal-"Item is using the Average...
Hi, On the "Edit PO Status Cost Variance Journal", in the heading of the report it prints the message "**** Item is using the Average Perpetual valuation method...". Is this just a generic legend that prints, all of the items are set to "FIFO perpetual"? Also, the message "*No GL adjustment made to Cost of Goods Sold/Inventory", what is the condition that would cause the adjustments? Thanks, Glen ...

Tax on Discounted Items (RMS)
Hello, Is there a way to apply a 100% discount to an item yet still charge the tax? Any help would be wonderful! Thank you, Julie Tax wouldn't be charged on an item discounted 100%. Since the tax is a % of the sale amount, and the sale amount is $0, then there is no tax. Craig "Julie Sharpe" <JulieSharpe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DF3F98B-921A-45DB-A2C2-F7010567FDC9@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Is there a way to apply a 100% discount to an item yet still charge the > tax? > Any help would be wonderful! > > Thank you, >...

this message is being watched?
In an email from a friend, when i open it I receive a message in the greyed out area just below the toolbar. There is a pair of eyeglasses in a yellow line with the message...."This message is being watched" Anybody know what this could mean? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples ...

Word Excel and PowerPoint quit after saving
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Just upgraded to Snow Leopard. Everytime I save a document in Word, Excel or PowerPoint they will unexpectedly quit. HELP! ...

Cannot create file error. Cannot open or save tif files...please h
Error I an receiving when trying to open a tif file as follows: Cannot create file:Remittance_advice.tif.right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder I am using windows vista and office 2007 outlook I cannot open or save a tif file. I can open all other file attachments. I can forward to another pc in my office and they can open. they can rename the tif and resend to me and I can open. original name is remittance_advice.tif and renamed is remittance_advice1.tif. this just start...

save with rules to journal?
Hello I created rules that every outgoing message (fax, mail) should be saved as a copy to the journal. But unfortunately nothing is saved in the journal. Why? WHen I copy manually a mail into the journal the messsage is displayed Thank you very much for any help!!!! Michael ...

saving in publisher 2000
I have been trying to download my project on a cd to take to a company for copies but after download I can not open due to it says it is a readable file only. I have gone back and unchecked the readable file only and still am not able to read please can someone help with this? papeco wrote: > I have been trying to download my project on a cd to take to a company for > copies but after download I can not open due to it says it is a readable file > only. I have gone back and unchecked the readable file only and still am not > able to read please can someone help with this? ...

Screenshot and save
Hey I've been trying to figure this out for a while but the CBitmap and HDC framework seems to be more confusing than learning DirectX. What I am trying to do is simply take a screenshot of a window and save it to a file. Here's what I have so far: HWND pWnd = FindWindow(NULL, _T("MSN Messenger")); if(pWnd != NULL){ ShowWindow(pWnd, SW_SHOWNORMAL); HDC dcThis; CDC dcOther; dcOther.m_hDC = GetDC(pWnd); CBitmap cBitmap; cBitmap.CreateCompatibleBitmap(&dcOther, 200, 200); .... I don't know where to keep going from here, could somebody please help? Th...