Messages saved to Deleted Items instead of Drafts

I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 (Office 2003 Pro) in Windows XP Pro SP2, with
all available patches to Windows and Office. If I start a message or a Reply
and click the Save icon, the saved message is "saved" to the Deleted Items
folder instead of the Drafts folder. If I close the message (as one would do
if one were planning to continue later) and empty the Deleted Items folder
the message is lost.

If I go to Tools, Options, Preferences, E-mail Options..., Advanced E-mail
Options..., "Save unsent items in:" has "Drafts" selected, so it should save
them in the Drafts folder.

The "Why didn't I think of that?" answer is to never empty the Deleted Items
folder, but surely there is a fix for this. I have searched the Microsoft
Knowledge Base and found nothing.

Thanks,
Gene

Try starting Outlook once with the /ResetFolders switch.  If you need help
using Outlook command line switches, look here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296192

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

"Gene" wrote:

> I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 (Office 2003 Pro) in Windows XP Pro SP2, with
> all available patches to Windows and Office. If I start a message or a Reply
> and click the Save icon, the saved message is "saved" to the Deleted Items
> folder instead of the Drafts folder. If I close the message (as one would do
> if one were planning to continue later) and empty the Deleted Items folder
> the message is lost.
>
> If I go to Tools, Options, Preferences, E-mail Options..., Advanced E-mail
> Options..., "Save unsent items in:" has "Drafts" selected, so it should save
> them in the Drafts folder.
>
> The "Why didn't I think of that?" answer is to never empty the Deleted Items
> folder, but surely there is a fix for this. I have searched the Microsoft
> Knowledge Base and found nothing.
>
> Thanks,
> Gene

Dear Jocelyn,

Thank you for the suggestion. I was nervous about doing this, not knowing
what it might do to the add-ins I have in Outlook (Cloudmark Deskbar, You
Perform, and Lookout), so before starting Outlook with the /ResetFolders
switch I did another test this morning. Lo, and behold! I started a new
message, saved it, closed it, and it was actually there in my Drafts folder
waiting for me.

Perhaps just closing Outlook last night and restarting it today did
something. I have done nothing else since posting my question. In any case,
thanks for the help.

Sincerely,
Gene

<JocelynFiorelloMVPOutlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Try starting Outlook once with the /ResetFolders switch.  If you need help
> using Outlook command line switches, look here:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296192
>
> --
> Jocelyn Fiorello
> MVP - Outlook
>
> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
> reply
> only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>

> "Gene" wrote:
>
>> I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 (Office 2003 Pro) in Windows XP Pro SP2, with
>> all available patches to Windows and Office. If I start a message or a
>> and click the Save icon, the saved message is "saved" to the Deleted
>> Items
>> folder instead of the Drafts folder. If I close the message (as one would
>> do
>> if one were planning to continue later) and empty the Deleted Items
>> folder
>> the message is lost.
>>
>> If I go to Tools, Options, Preferences, E-mail Options..., Advanced
>> E-mail
>> Options..., "Save unsent items in:" has "Drafts" selected, so it should
>> save
>> them in the Drafts folder.
>>
>> The "Why didn't I think of that?" answer is to never empty the Deleted
>> Items
>> folder, but surely there is a fix for this. I have searched the Microsoft
>> Knowledge Base and found nothing.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gene

Dear Jocelyn,

On Nov 3 I responded to your suggestion, letting you know Outlook had
apparently fixed itself. Today it resumed its old behavior, saving draft
messages in the Deleted Items folder. So I ran the command you suggested and
it has fixed the problem. Thank you for your help.

When I attempted to run the command from Start | Run I received a Windows
error message saying "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program'. Be sure you
typed...." It was behaving as if it could not deal with names longer than 8
letters. I then ran the command as C:\Progra~1\Microsoft Office.... and it
hung up on Microsoft. So I tried to run it as
C:\Progra~1\Micros~7\Office11\Outlook.exe, since Microsoft Office is the
seventh Microsoft folder inside Program Files. Well, I got a much longer
error message this time and knew it was not going to work, so I opened a
command window and used the cd command to work my way to the Office folder
where I then ran the command.

Do you know why the Run dialog box would not run commands that have folders
with more than 8 letters? I searched the MS KB and found no answers.

Thanks again,
Gene

"Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]"
<JocelynFiorelloMVPOutlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Try starting Outlook once with the /ResetFolders switch.  If you need help
> using Outlook command line switches, look here:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296192
>
> --
> Jocelyn Fiorello
> MVP - Outlook
>
> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
> reply
> only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>

> "Gene" wrote:
>
>> I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 (Office 2003 Pro) in Windows XP Pro SP2, with
>> all available patches to Windows and Office. If I start a message or a
>> and click the Save icon, the saved message is "saved" to the Deleted
>> Items
>> folder instead of the Drafts folder. If I close the message (as one would
>> do
>> if one were planning to continue later) and empty the Deleted Items
>> folder
>> the message is lost.
>>
>> If I go to Tools, Options, Preferences, E-mail Options..., Advanced
>> E-mail
>> Options..., "Save unsent items in:" has "Drafts" selected, so it should
>> save
>> them in the Drafts folder.
>>
>> The "Why didn't I think of that?" answer is to never empty the Deleted
>> Items
>> folder, but surely there is a fix for this. I have searched the Microsoft
>> Knowledge Base and found nothing.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gene

Dear Jocelyn,

I have noticed that Outlook launches must more quickly than before. It seems
something has been "cleaned up" to allow it to start up faster. Do you know
what this might be? Also, I could find nothing that tells me what changes
the /ResetFolders switch makes to Outlook except for the single line
"Restores missing folders for the default delivery", provided in the link
you gave me. Does this change any settings I have made to Outlook?

Thanks,
Gene

"Gene" <gene_sorensen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>>> all available patches to Windows and Office. If I start a message or a
>>> and click the Save icon, the saved message is "saved" to the Deleted
>>> Items
>>> folder instead of the Drafts folder. If I close the message (as one
>>> would do
>>> if one were planning to continue later) and empty the Deleted Items
>>> folder
>>> the message is lost.
>>>
>>> If I go to Tools, Options, Preferences, E-mail Options..., Advanced
>>> E-mail
>>> Options..., "Save unsent items in:" has "Drafts" selected, so it should
>>> save
>>> them in the Drafts folder.
>>>
>>> The "Why didn't I think of that?" answer is to never empty the Deleted
>>> Items
>>> folder, but surely there is a fix for this. I have searched the

If your file path had spaces in it (most likely -- "Program Files" being two
words), you would need to enclose the entire file path in quotation marks in
order for Windows to look at the whole thing -- otherwise it stops when it
finds the first space.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

"Gene" wrote:

> Dear Jocelyn,
>
> On Nov 3 I responded to your suggestion, letting you know Outlook had
> apparently fixed itself. Today it resumed its old behavior, saving draft
> messages in the Deleted Items folder. So I ran the command you suggested and
> it has fixed the problem. Thank you for your help.
>
> When I attempted to run the command from Start | Run I received a Windows
> error message saying "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program'. Be sure you
> typed...." It was behaving as if it could not deal with names longer than 8
> letters. I then ran the command as C:\Progra~1\Microsoft Office.... and it
> hung up on Microsoft. So I tried to run it as
> C:\Progra~1\Micros~7\Office11\Outlook.exe, since Microsoft Office is the
> seventh Microsoft folder inside Program Files. Well, I got a much longer
> error message this time and knew it was not going to work, so I opened a
> command window and used the cd command to work my way to the Office folder
> where I then ran the command.
>
> Do you know why the Run dialog box would not run commands that have folders
> with more than 8 letters? I searched the MS KB and found no answers.
>
> Thanks again,
> Gene
>

> "Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]"
> <JocelynFiorelloMVPOutlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Try starting Outlook once with the /ResetFolders switch.  If you need help
> > using Outlook command line switches, look here:
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296192
> >
> > --
> > Jocelyn Fiorello
> > MVP - Outlook
> >
> > *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
> > reply
> > only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
> >

> > "Gene" wrote:
> >
> >> I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 (Office 2003 Pro) in Windows XP Pro SP2, with
> >> all available patches to Windows and Office. If I start a message or a
> >> and click the Save icon, the saved message is "saved" to the Deleted
> >> Items
> >> folder instead of the Drafts folder. If I close the message (as one would
> >> do
> >> if one were planning to continue later) and empty the Deleted Items
> >> folder
> >> the message is lost.
> >>
> >> If I go to Tools, Options, Preferences, E-mail Options..., Advanced
> >> E-mail
> >> Options..., "Save unsent items in:" has "Drafts" selected, so it should
> >> save
> >> them in the Drafts folder.
> >>
> >> The "Why didn't I think of that?" answer is to never empty the Deleted
> >> Items
> >> folder, but surely there is a fix for this. I have searched the Microsoft
> >> Knowledge Base and found nothing.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Gene

I'm not sure what else might have gotten "cleaned up" when you ran
/ResetFolders, except that maybe Outlook was having a tough time working with
corrupt or missing folders before, so it took longer to find what it was
looking for.  Basically all /ResetFolders does is reset the default folders
to factory settings as far as what their names are, what their functions are,
and where they are supposed to be.  I don't think it ever messes with your
data or your view settings or that kind of thing.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

"Gene" wrote:

> Dear Jocelyn,
>
> I have noticed that Outlook launches must more quickly than before. It seems
> something has been "cleaned up" to allow it to start up faster. Do you know
> what this might be? Also, I could find nothing that tells me what changes
> the /ResetFolders switch makes to Outlook except for the single line
> "Restores missing folders for the default delivery", provided in the link
> you gave me. Does this change any settings I have made to Outlook?
>
> Thanks,
> Gene
>

> "Gene" <gene_sorensen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Dear Jocelyn,
> >
> > On Nov 3 I responded to your suggestion, letting you know Outlook had
> > apparently fixed itself. Today it resumed its old behavior, saving draft
> > messages in the Deleted Items folder. So I ran the command you suggested
> > and it has fixed the problem. Thank you for your help.
> >
> > When I attempted to run the command from Start | Run I received a Windows
> > error message saying "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program'. Be sure you
> > typed...." It was behaving as if it could not deal with names longer than
> > 8 letters. I then ran the command as C:\Progra~1\Microsoft Office.... and
> > it hung up on Microsoft. So I tried to run it as
> > C:\Progra~1\Micros~7\Office11\Outlook.exe, since Microsoft Office is the
> > seventh Microsoft folder inside Program Files. Well, I got a much longer
> > error message this time and knew it was not going to work, so I opened a
> > command window and used the cd command to work my way to the Office folder
> > where I then ran the command.
> >
> > Do you know why the Run dialog box would not run commands that have
> > folders with more than 8 letters? I searched the MS KB and found no
> > answers.
> >
> > Thanks again,
> > Gene
> >

> > "Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]"
> > <JocelynFiorelloMVPOutlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Try starting Outlook once with the /ResetFolders switch.  If you need
> >> help
> >> using Outlook command line switches, look here:
> >>
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296192
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jocelyn Fiorello
> >> MVP - Outlook
> >>
> >> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
> >> reply
> >> only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

Gene <gene_sorensen@hotmail.com> wrote:

> When I attempted to run the command from Start | Run I received a
> Windows error message saying "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program'. Be
> sure you typed...." It was behaving as if it could not deal with
> names longer than 8 letters.

That's probably because you didn't enclose it in quotes.

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe" /ResetFolders
--
Brian Tillman
0
> That's probably because you didn't enclose it in quotes.
> "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe" /ResetFolders

Well! That's a good rule to know. Thanks very much.

Happy New Year,
Gene

> Gene <gene_sorensen@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> When I attempted to run the command from Start | Run I received a
>> Windows error message saying "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program'. Be
>> sure you typed...." It was behaving as if it could not deal with
>> names longer than 8 letters.
>
> That's probably because you didn't enclose it in quotes.
>
> "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe" /ResetFolders
> --
> Brian Tillman

Using 'find' to search for phone no. instead of 'Advance Find'
Hi All, Is is possible to use the normal 'find' option to search for phone numbers in the contacts of Outlook 2003 instead of using 'Advance Find'? Thanks Desmond Poey ...

e-mail messages, from outlook, to cd, how to
hello there, i have a few thousant e-mail messages in outlook maps. i want to save them, i would like to burn them on a cd. i would like to move them just by one klik of my mouse i can rename them one by one, and then put them in a new map on C disk, an than burn them on a cd, but i want to do them all by just one mouse klick. please can you help me. What are Outlook Maps?? All of your mail is contained in a file with a .pst extension. You can export your folders that you want saved to a .pst file and then burn that to CD (you will need to copy it back to your hard drive and remove the r...

Is there a way to delete multiple lines at the same time beside u.
Please let me know if there is other ways to delete multiple lines at the same time without using the Ctl key. Thank you. Hi Cherry are the lines adjacent to one another? if so just drag down the row numbers and then right mouse click & choose delete .. .if they're not adjacent and you don't want to use the Ctrl key to select them, how are you going to identify which rows you want to delete? -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "cherry" <cherry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BD...

Concatenating more than 30 items
Does anyone know how to get around the 30 item limit using the Concatenate Function. I know that you can get around the 7 level IF Function by referring to another cell in the last False argument, but don't know how to concatenate 2 cells using this Concatenate function. You can use the concatenate operator. Instead of: =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,...,A30) use =A1 & A2 & A3 & A4 or, perhaps more efficiently (I haven't ever checked): =CONCATENATE(A1, A2,...,A30) & CONCATENATE(A31, A32,...,A60) In article <39fqb.70675$fl1.2910849@twister.southeast.rr.c...

Cannot delete example names Amy and Charlie from MONEY2003
Cannot delete name from IRA name list. Example names Charlie and Amy cannot be deleted. Where do I delete them. Already changed personal information and saved. Charlie and Amy no longer in personal information but still show in IRA retirement investment drop down window for assigning owners name to IRA. HELPPP!!!!! Create a new file rather than modifying the Sample. File, New, New File. "AmyCharlie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d6301c3e03a$546de8c0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Cannot delete name from IRA name list. Example names > Cha...

Save a Publisher ducument as .htm
I have a leaflet that I print using Publisher. It is in Booklet format with 4 pages (2 from, 2 back). I want to display all pages (1-4) as a webpage, but when I 'Save As' webpage/.htm only Page 1 is saved. How do I get the entire document saved? Thank. Mike Chances are you created the other pages, but didn't notice that they are in supporting folder that also contains all the graphics for your site. Generally, for reasons beyond the scope of your question, you do not do a 'Save As' to create a website using Pub 2003 and 2007. Instead do a 'Publish ...

How do you make Inbox messages stay bold until opened?
While in the Inbox, new messages are bold. Just by "passing" by them, the bolding is removed and it appears the messages have been read. How do you make the message remain bold until the message is actually opened? Tools, options, other, Reading pane button - uncheck Mark as read when selection changes. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlo...

No message rules?
I just switched from Outlook express (which I really like) to Windows live mail. It did a very good job of finding my old contacts and messages, but I don't see my rules. I used to route incoming messages to specific folders based on sender or message title. I can't find the corresponding feature in Windows live mail. Am I just not looking in the right places or does Live mail just not offer the equivalent feature?? ED On the Menu Bar: Tools | Message Rules. Don't see the Menu Bar? The Alt button will temporally enable the Menu Bar, or click on the Menus ...

customising save as
In the past I did a customization of Save AS... and Open File dialog box by adding a specific location to save or open a file. The problem is that I forgot how to do it again! Diego wrote: > In the past I did a customization of Save AS... and Open File dialog > box by adding a specific location to save or open a file. The problem > is that I forgot how to do it again! The answer depends very much on which version of Office and which version of Windows you have. For help with some rather old versions, see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/CstmzeWd2kOpenSaveDlgs...

File Save although no changes were made
Hello, I use Excel 2003 and use a spreadsheet that always prompts me to 'save file' upon closing it even though I have not made any changes to it. I did not find any =today() or =now() formulae. Can any one help, please? Thanks hvgmxx There are more volatile functions then the 2 you mentioned. There's "Indirect" and "Offset" just to name a couple more. Also, XL will try to save "older" versions of WSs, when opened in a newer version. -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Grou...

Reject messages with custom message?
A policy has dictated an account of a former employee respond to all incoming email messages with a custom note and not allow the messages to accumulate in the mailbox. In fact, for admin purposes it would be great if there was no longer a AD account and mailbox. Thank you, -Bob I suggest that you request a few thousand dollars to hire a programmer to write you a custom event sink so that you can comply with the policy. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "just bob" <kilbyfan-aol@net.com> wrote in message news:%23...

Combo Box Adding Button to edit list items
I have a form which is designed to enter information about jobs we have completed. It has 3 combo boxes for different types of contacts that are pulled from different tables. I want the user to be able to select from the list or add a new contact. I know they can right click on the drop down arrow for the combo box and select "Edit List Items" but I really would like to add a button next to each combo box that gives them that option. I have tried creating a button next to it that opens up the form for the contact and then a button on that newly opened form to save and clos...

block messages
Hi all, can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. I have created Contact with internet email address (non AD user) I have tried Delivery restriction Tab to reject messages from specific mailbox (that Contact) in the internet, but it doesn't work. Is any solution, how to filter abc@abc.com on exch5.5 sp3 Thanks Marek On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:34:08 +0100, "Marek" <neco@necoteckaenco.com> wrote: >Hi all, >can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. >I have created Contact with internet email addr...

How do I delete a line in Excel that I only see when printed?
I have created a form in Excel but when I go to print preview and also when I print it there is a line there that I do not wish to have there. But when I look at it in normal view I cannot see it. There are aprox. 6 pages and this line is at the top of every page except my first one. I can delete a few rows where it shows to be and it disappears but as soon as I insert rows back it is back. How do I get rid of this line. Please help. If you go to Edit | Go To, click Special, Choose Objects and click OK. It should take you to the line. Then you will be able to delete it. "Te...

Outlook message rules for sent message from me.
Greetings, There has always been a message rule I wanted, and never asked about. So now I will. I default a copy of all my send messages to the sent folder. They are marked at read... which is good, because if I send the message, I obviously read it. <grin> At times, I wish I could send the message to other folders. Example. I have a folder called "family". If I send a message to "family", I'd like to be able to put a copy in the "family" folder. I know you could do this, but the message is not marked as read. Thus, the folder is bolded/...

Manually adding a Savings account
I want to manually add a savings account that I have at a bank that has no online access. The only thing I will be doing is adding $1000 every now and then, and this account will give me 5% APR return. How do I add this account and have it do the calculation of it's growth with interest for me along the way. I also want to define a start day for the opening of the account so the calculation is done precisely? Money will use the interest rate you specify in the account details to project interest earnings for Budget Planner and Forecast Cash Flow. Beyond that, it won't do anyth...

Exchange 2003, lost messages and tracking
AD 2000 domain, single forest, single domain, single exchange site Exchange 2003 Windows 2003 Ent I have a strange problem going on here. I’ve been receiving complaints periodically about users not receiving message with xls attachments. I sent the user and myself 3 messages from a test yahoo account with sequential subjects (1,2,3…) and a .xls attachment. I received all 3 messages and attachments to my account. The user in question only received the 2nd and 3rd message with attachments. The message tracking center shows all 3 messages being delivered with the final entry being “S...

Outlook 2003 Error Message #8
When sending messages to my internal MS Exchange recipients I get this error message. "You do not have permission to send to this recipient." Any help or work around for this. I searched the MS Knowledge Base and could get this exact error to come up. Thanks. ...

Message removal
I'm attempting to remove 3 messages that keep appearing in my Sync Issues / Server Failures folder. I delete them, and the next day they are back again. I've tried extracting them with the ExMerge utility, run in Archive mode to delete them from the store. It fails, and in the ExMerge.log file it says: [11:54:12] Error copying messages from folder '\Sync Issues\Server Failures' (MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION) Any ideas how I can extract these messages? I would try disabling any AV on the machine you are running Exmerge on and see if that works. On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:42:...

cannot open deleted items file
Help please.......error message reads: Folder could not be displayed Outlook Express could not open this folder. Possible causes are: Low disk space. Low memory. Is there any way to access this file without having to delete the entire file? I have messages in it that I don't want to lose. I can't open it, move it or copy it anywhere! I am running Outlook Express 6.0. Thanks!!! E&J"S MOM" <E&J <E&J"S MOM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Help please.......error message reads: > > Folder could not be displayed > Outlook Expre...

How do i retrieve a deleted excel file?????
Unfortunately, if you don't have a backup, or a disk utility that can recover deleted files, you don't. thank you for the bad news. :o) "JE McGimpsey" wrote: > Unfortunately, if you don't have a backup, or a disk utility that can > recover deleted files, you don't. > Do you have a Recycle Bin? Windows puts all deleted files in there. Just a thought. HTH Otto "Julie Semer" <Julie Semer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C45EA83-69AC-4AF4-9924-DB955562999F@microsoft.com... > You might have success with a pro...

number of messages in inbox
how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? If you have the status bar enabled from the View menu and then highlight the folder the number of items is displayed in the status bar <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08ad01c3d513$e0e22dc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? ...

OLE Server Error Message
Access 2002. I am running a database compiled with Access 2003 on a system that is using Access XP (2002). When I exit the database I get an "information" dialog that says: A problem occurred while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE server. Try one or more of the following: *Make sure you're connected to the network server where the OLE server application is located. *Close the OLE server and restart it outside of Microsoft Access. Then try the original operation again from within Microsoft Access. *Reinstall the OLE server to ensure that it's register...

NDR Message 5.7.1
I have a problem with message beging recieved through our exchange server. This recently started. One of our other admins did some tweaking before he went out of town and we are having a hard time finding out what was done and yes we have tried to contact him. Mail sent from exchange users come in fine but when sent from external addresses (the ones we have tested) do not come in and get a ndr message. I don't know how long this has been happening exactly but it has been a week since the other admin left. Used both DNSreports / DNSstuff and oddly both have the MX and DNS succes...

Taxable versus Non-taxable items
We understand the basics of when sales taxes are computed. For example, an Inventory Item may be marked as Taxable, Non-Taxable, or Based on Customer. If we choose Based on Customer, then it uses the tax schedule defined for the Ship-To address of that customer. Here's the problem: Item A IS TAXABLE for customer 1 in Colorado, but Item A IS NOT TAXABLE for Customer 2 in Georgia. BUT: Customer 2 is not necessarily a non-taxable customer. That is, SOME items ARE taxable for Customer 2. SIMILARLY: Customer 1 is not necessarily a taxable customer. that is, SOME items are NOT taxable ...