Messages Deleted When Replying

When replying to an email, the email is being
automatically deleted and does not end up in any other
folder.  The only way to see the original email message is
to go to Sent Items and follow the thread.  I've run a
full system scan and cannot find any viruses.  Any ideas?
Thank you.
0
anonymous (74718)

Check your view. Make sure it's not set to unread message.

--
Patricia Cardoza
Outlook MVP

http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza

"Jay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When replying to an email, the email is being
> automatically deleted and does not end up in any other
> folder.  The only way to see the original email message is
> to go to Sent Items and follow the thread.  I've run a
> full system scan and cannot find any viruses.  Any ideas?
> Thank you.

0
patriciac (522)
8/9/2004 5:17:04 PM
It's set to Messages.  I can't figure this one out.

0
anonymous (74718)

Is there a way to delete multiple lines at the same time beside u.
Please let me know if there is other ways to delete multiple lines at the same time without using the Ctl key. Thank you. Hi Cherry are the lines adjacent to one another? if so just drag down the row numbers and then right mouse click & choose delete .. .if they're not adjacent and you don't want to use the Ctrl key to select them, how are you going to identify which rows you want to delete? -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "cherry" <cherry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BD...

e-mail messages, from outlook, to cd, how to
hello there, i have a few thousant e-mail messages in outlook maps. i want to save them, i would like to burn them on a cd. i would like to move them just by one klik of my mouse i can rename them one by one, and then put them in a new map on C disk, an than burn them on a cd, but i want to do them all by just one mouse klick. please can you help me. What are Outlook Maps?? All of your mail is contained in a file with a .pst extension. You can export your folders that you want saved to a .pst file and then burn that to CD (you will need to copy it back to your hard drive and remove the r...

Cannot delete example names Amy and Charlie from MONEY2003
Cannot delete name from IRA name list. Example names Charlie and Amy cannot be deleted. Where do I delete them. Already changed personal information and saved. Charlie and Amy no longer in personal information but still show in IRA retirement investment drop down window for assigning owners name to IRA. HELPPP!!!!! Create a new file rather than modifying the Sample. File, New, New File. "AmyCharlie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d6301c3e03a$546de8c0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Cannot delete name from IRA name list. Example names > Cha...

How do you make Inbox messages stay bold until opened?
While in the Inbox, new messages are bold. Just by "passing" by them, the bolding is removed and it appears the messages have been read. How do you make the message remain bold until the message is actually opened? Tools, options, other, Reading pane button - uncheck Mark as read when selection changes. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlo...

can you disable spell check on email replies?
Hi, I use Wordmail on Outlook 2000. I have spell check configured to check my emails before they are sent. When I am responding to emails, it checks through not only my response but also the original text. It stops at every email address, every person's name, and any mispellings they have. Is there a way for Outlook to just spell check MY response, and disregard the original text in email replies? Thanks for any help, Amy >Is there a way for Outlook to just spell check >MY response, and disregard the original text in email >replies? Yes. "Tools">"...

No message rules?
I just switched from Outlook express (which I really like) to Windows live mail. It did a very good job of finding my old contacts and messages, but I don't see my rules. I used to route incoming messages to specific folders based on sender or message title. I can't find the corresponding feature in Windows live mail. Am I just not looking in the right places or does Live mail just not offer the equivalent feature?? ED On the Menu Bar: Tools | Message Rules. Don't see the Menu Bar? The Alt button will temporally enable the Menu Bar, or click on the Menus ...

Reject messages with custom message?
A policy has dictated an account of a former employee respond to all incoming email messages with a custom note and not allow the messages to accumulate in the mailbox. In fact, for admin purposes it would be great if there was no longer a AD account and mailbox. Thank you, -Bob I suggest that you request a few thousand dollars to hire a programmer to write you a custom event sink so that you can comply with the policy. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "just bob" <kilbyfan-aol@net.com> wrote in message news:%23...

block messages
Hi all, can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. I have created Contact with internet email address (non AD user) I have tried Delivery restriction Tab to reject messages from specific mailbox (that Contact) in the internet, but it doesn't work. Is any solution, how to filter abc@abc.com on exch5.5 sp3 Thanks Marek On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:34:08 +0100, "Marek" <neco@necoteckaenco.com> wrote: >Hi all, >can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. >I have created Contact with internet email addr...

How do I delete a line in Excel that I only see when printed?
I have created a form in Excel but when I go to print preview and also when I print it there is a line there that I do not wish to have there. But when I look at it in normal view I cannot see it. There are aprox. 6 pages and this line is at the top of every page except my first one. I can delete a few rows where it shows to be and it disappears but as soon as I insert rows back it is back. How do I get rid of this line. Please help. If you go to Edit | Go To, click Special, Choose Objects and click OK. It should take you to the line. Then you will be able to delete it. "Te...

Outlook message rules for sent message from me.
Greetings, There has always been a message rule I wanted, and never asked about. So now I will. I default a copy of all my send messages to the sent folder. They are marked at read... which is good, because if I send the message, I obviously read it. <grin> At times, I wish I could send the message to other folders. Example. I have a folder called "family". If I send a message to "family", I'd like to be able to put a copy in the "family" folder. I know you could do this, but the message is not marked as read. Thus, the folder is bolded/...

Exchange 2003, lost messages and tracking
AD 2000 domain, single forest, single domain, single exchange site Exchange 2003 Windows 2003 Ent I have a strange problem going on here. I’ve been receiving complaints periodically about users not receiving message with xls attachments. I sent the user and myself 3 messages from a test yahoo account with sequential subjects (1,2,3…) and a .xls attachment. I received all 3 messages and attachments to my account. The user in question only received the 2nd and 3rd message with attachments. The message tracking center shows all 3 messages being delivered with the final entry being “S...

Outlook 2003 Error Message #8
When sending messages to my internal MS Exchange recipients I get this error message. "You do not have permission to send to this recipient." Any help or work around for this. I searched the MS Knowledge Base and could get this exact error to come up. Thanks. ...

Message removal
I'm attempting to remove 3 messages that keep appearing in my Sync Issues / Server Failures folder. I delete them, and the next day they are back again. I've tried extracting them with the ExMerge utility, run in Archive mode to delete them from the store. It fails, and in the ExMerge.log file it says: [11:54:12] Error copying messages from folder '\Sync Issues\Server Failures' (MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION) Any ideas how I can extract these messages? I would try disabling any AV on the machine you are running Exmerge on and see if that works. On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:42:...

How do i retrieve a deleted excel file?????
Unfortunately, if you don't have a backup, or a disk utility that can recover deleted files, you don't. thank you for the bad news. :o) "JE McGimpsey" wrote: > Unfortunately, if you don't have a backup, or a disk utility that can > recover deleted files, you don't. > Do you have a Recycle Bin? Windows puts all deleted files in there. Just a thought. HTH Otto "Julie Semer" <Julie Semer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C45EA83-69AC-4AF4-9924-DB955562999F@microsoft.com... > You might have success with a pro...

cannot open deleted items file
Help please.......error message reads: Folder could not be displayed Outlook Express could not open this folder. Possible causes are: Low disk space. Low memory. Is there any way to access this file without having to delete the entire file? I have messages in it that I don't want to lose. I can't open it, move it or copy it anywhere! I am running Outlook Express 6.0. Thanks!!! E&J"S MOM" <E&J <E&J"S MOM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Help please.......error message reads: > > Folder could not be displayed > Outlook Expre...

number of messages in inbox
how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? If you have the status bar enabled from the View menu and then highlight the folder the number of items is displayed in the status bar <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08ad01c3d513$e0e22dc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? ...

OLE Server Error Message
Access 2002. I am running a database compiled with Access 2003 on a system that is using Access XP (2002). When I exit the database I get an "information" dialog that says: A problem occurred while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE server. Try one or more of the following: *Make sure you're connected to the network server where the OLE server application is located. *Close the OLE server and restart it outside of Microsoft Access. Then try the original operation again from within Microsoft Access. *Reinstall the OLE server to ensure that it's register...

NDR Message 5.7.1
I have a problem with message beging recieved through our exchange server. This recently started. One of our other admins did some tweaking before he went out of town and we are having a hard time finding out what was done and yes we have tried to contact him. Mail sent from exchange users come in fine but when sent from external addresses (the ones we have tested) do not come in and get a ndr message. I don't know how long this has been happening exactly but it has been a week since the other admin left. Used both DNSreports / DNSstuff and oddly both have the MX and DNS succes...

Message Tracking with Message ID
I work on the Defense Message System. We get error reports for messages with a message ID on them. The problem is how does one find the message that goes with the ID in a "FIND" of the Sent Items on the senders computer? I have not found a way that is user friendly to do this search on the users computer. Very Respectfully, ET3 Hettinger USN ...

Error message Importing INV File
I am using Money 2005 Samll Business and when I try to import a custom invoice I receive the following error message. Money cannot import an INV file that was created before July, 2002. Please try importing a more recent version of the file. I just created my file tonight and the properties say it was created 11/19/04 so there should be no problem with the date. I am set up for US regional settings. Has anyone ran into this and figured a way around it? Thanks, ...

Copy Local Message Rule
I've created a complicated message rule for filtering that I would like to put on other client machines. Can I copy it? Is this possible? WIn2k server/ Exchange 2k w/all current SPs. STEVE ...

Suddenly no pictures in HTML messages
Running XP pro SP3, Outlook 2002. About Wed. or Thurs, any html messages received do not include pictures. Did Microsoft send out an update that might have interfered? Or did I do something I'm not aware of? Thank you, Roberta Roberta, you wrote on Sat, 4 Apr 2009 06:52:06 -0700: > About Wed. or Thurs, any html messages received do not include > pictures. Did Microsoft send out an update that might have > interfered? Or did I do something I'm not aware of? There is no such an update. Verify if the Internet Explorer is in offline mode (go to the file menu in IE)...

cannot move messages
Sometimes when I attempt to move a message from the inbox to a storage folder I receive the following error message - "An unknown error has occured. The selected message(s) could not be moved." Why am I receiving this message and how can this problem be corrected? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks What kind of mail account is it? POP3, IMAP or HTTP? Both IMAP and HTTP accounts synchronize with the mail server, so moving a message from the mail account to the storage folder requires that WLM tell the mail server to delete the message from the server ma...

emailing as message
Using Publisher 2003. Whenever I send a newsletter as m essage., The document comes out a little smaller to the person that is ecieving the message. However, whenever i save the document as aa jpeg file and hen send is a opicture it comes the exact size which is 8.5 * 11. What can I do to make it not whrink i want to send as a message and not as a JPEG If the recipient doesn't have Publisher, then you could try sending it as a ..pdf attachment. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Carl Thame" &...

Number of users per message store.
Does anyone know an easy way to calculate the number of ussers per message store, other tan counting them seperatly. Thanks, Mark in the ESM, you should be able to drill down to "Mailboxes", select them all, and get a count down in the "status" bar... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Mark A. Dudley" <mark@nospamcjmnetworking.com> wrote in message news:447495a7.179533468@msnews.microsoft.com... > Does anyone know an easy way to calculate the number of ussers per > message store, other tan counting them seperatly. > > Thanks, > Mark On Wed, 24 Ma...