messages appear "on behalf of" and AREN'T

I use WinXP-SP3 and Outlook 2002.  I am having issues
with replies from other users of the same broadband ISP.

If the users in question REPLY to a message I send, the
mail message (when it gets to me) reads XXXX on behalf of
XXXX (where XXXX is the person) and the text of the
message is exactly what i sent them.  The text of their
reply does not appear.

If i forward their message to them, the text of their
reply also does not show up.

I use Outlook in POP/SMTP mode.  I don't know what
clients the users which this happens to are using.

Any thoughts?
0
anonymous (74721)

Sounds like an issue with their ISP's mail server. Not likely to have
anything to do with your Outlook. Have they tried contacting tech support?
Does the same thing happen when you reply to THEM when they send to you? Are
you using the same mail server?

Carol O wrote:
> I use WinXP-SP3 and Outlook 2002.  I am having issues
> with replies from other users of the same broadband ISP.
>
> If the users in question REPLY to a message I send, the
> mail message (when it gets to me) reads XXXX on behalf of
> XXXX (where XXXX is the person) and the text of the
> message is exactly what i sent them.  The text of their
> reply does not appear.
>
> If i forward their message to them, the text of their
> reply also does not show up.
>
> I use Outlook in POP/SMTP mode.  I don't know what
> clients the users which this happens to are using.
>
> Any thoughts?

0
lanwench (7567)

"Send on behalf of" not showing in from field correctly
Hi All, I'm having an odd issue with the "Send on behalf" feature in Outlook. First off the Outlook client we are using is 2000 and the server Exchange 5.5 all within a AD domain. What happens is when a user is setup as a delegate with the send on behalf of rights it does not always work properly. If it works or not seems to depend on what Inbox the rights are granted for. Let's say there are 3 users 1, 2 & 3. User 3 is the one I wish to send of behalf of. I go through the steps as per the Microsoft documentation found here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/234696...

On Behalf Of
We just migrated to 2003. In 2003, how do we get rid of the "on behalf of" statement in the from line? What are the necessary permissions (both to add and/or remove) required to allow 1 user (normal user) to send an email from another user (again, a "normal" user)? The process we use to send like this is to display the "from" line in Outlook. The desired outcome is to have the email just say from "Other User", not from "Other User on behalf of First User". Thanks! Answering my own question :) In ADUC, View | Advanced Options. The...

Permissions to send on behalf of...
Can someone tell me why a user with Outlook 2002 can't seem to send mail as if he were the user of a mailbox that he has permissions to? He's trying to forward the message to himself from this other mailbox and it tells him he doesn't have permission. This does not happen in Office 2000. ...

send on behalf of #2
When our user's are granted "Send on behalf of" messages, suddenly the attachment which show "sent on behalf of" no longer appears. We are running Exchange 2000 SP3 and the clients are running Outlook 2000 SP3. It was working fine and disappeared. When the users attempt to send a message on behalf of, they put the user's name in the from field (ie Joe Blow). When the message is received on the other end it show it directly coming (ie Paul Blow) and not sent on behalf of Paul Blow by Joe Blow. Anybody have any ideas about how to restore it? ...

cw mode and 'on behalf of'
Hi, I am using Outlook 2000 in CW mode with six email accounts. When I send an email from other than the primary email account the From block shows "<primary email account> on behalf of <second email account>". How can I send the email with the account that I choose as the sender (From block) without showing the "on behalf of..." Thanks, Have the administrator grant you Send As permissin over the second account. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ht...

Remove "On behalf of " in header
I have MS outlook 2002, and different email accounts (pop and imap). When I setup for an IMAP account, I have to fill in a username and mail address. Specially when I send a message from address@mydomain any other mail (with another "from" address) will show the "<sender> on behalf of <address@mydomain> message. How can I prevent Outlook to add this text? The reasen is tha I use a lot of addresses@mydomain. E.g. a ebay account will have ebay@mydomain. When I get a message from ebay and reply to it, the message will have the header/from "ebay@mydomain on ...

Decline on Behalf of another
I have a user who was invited to a Meeting along with a few others. He declined the meeting but the message Outlook sent to the Meeting planner was that He was declining on behalf of one of the other invitees. He is not a delegate for the other person and has no authority to her calendar. We are using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Does anyone have any idea what would cause this kind of erroneous reply. Thnaks. -- Peter J. Schwartz ...

messages appear "on behalf of" and AREN'T
I use WinXP-SP3 and Outlook 2002. I am having issues with replies from other users of the same broadband ISP. If the users in question REPLY to a message I send, the mail message (when it gets to me) reads XXXX on behalf of XXXX (where XXXX is the person) and the text of the message is exactly what i sent them. The text of their reply does not appear. If i forward their message to them, the text of their reply also does not show up. I use Outlook in POP/SMTP mode. I don't know what clients the users which this happens to are using. Any thoughts? Sounds like an issue with the...

sending messages on behalf of
I am working on a corporate network, attached to a 5.5 exchange server, the outlook client is 2000, when I try to send mail "on behalf of" someone else, nothing in the message indicates that (normally when you open up the message in the from field it will say xxxxx on behalf of xxxxxxxxxxx) all I get is the name of personal that delegated access. Is there a way to remedy this? What mailbox are you trying to mail from? Is this one on which you have been given permissions or one that you open in addition to your mailbox? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to ...

How can I get rid of Send on Behalf of?
How can I get rid of Send on Behalf of? I have a user who is the owner of the mailbox but when he sends out email the from line looks like: John Doe (jdoe@abc.com) Sent of Behalf of John Doe. We are using Outlook 2000 on the workstations and Exchange 2000 Server. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Open the user/mailbox item in AD Users an Computers. You can set the permission on the Security tab. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Michelle"...

removing 'on behalf of' from the 'from' header
Hello All, I have a user who manages several lists using another mailbox (that is not his default). He has this mailbox added into his regular Outlook profile. He has no problems sending messages as his manager, however the from header always reads "Joe User on behalf of Joe Manager" I am wondering if there is anyway to mask this so the from header would simply show from "Joe User." Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks! Adam If you want the messages to come from him, he can view the From field and remove what he sees in there. To make the messages loo...

Send on behalf of message
Hi, In my organisation we are running Windows 2000 PCs with Office 2000. Our mail server is Exchange 5.5. Many of our users use the Send On Behalf of permission which works fine. However, with some of our users in the FROM field of the emails they send on behalf of someone it does actually give a message stating this. For example: "From: Curtis Fray on behalf of Jimmy White". What I can't figure out is how to force the From field to always display like this. There are some users who when they send a message on behalf of some one, the From field simply shows the name of the user...

removing delegates name from Sent On Behalf Of within outlook,
Hi can anyone tell me how to remove the delgates name when sending a mail on behalf of a generic email account ? . I would really appreciate the advise as having the delegates name displayed causes conflict in the work place You cannot do this with "Send On Behalf Of" permissions. The Exchange admin will have to set "Send As" permissions for those users on the AD object that holds the mailbox. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http...

delegates show "on behalf of" in sender field after upgraded to Exchange 2003
Hi everyone, I have just upgraded from exchange from 2000 to 2003. I found that now email delegates sent will show "on behalf of" in the sender field. Could anyone please tell me how to hide it? I just want to show the mailbox user name but not the delegates. Thank you very much In news:%23TC0bTUfGHA.5104@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, Enjolras <\> typed: > Hi everyone, > I have just upgraded from exchange from 2000 to 2003. I found > that now email delegates sent will show "on behalf of" in the sender > field. Could anyone please tell me how to...

Stop ignoring me! Emails on behalf of.
I have a rule that moves emails from 'bob@random.rnd' * to another folder. But my rule does not cope when the email comes in like "H.R.Department@random.rnd on behalf of bob@random.rnd" then the rule does not work anymore. How can I write a rule to cope with this sort of annoying email? * Email address has been changed to protect privacy use a rule that looks for words in the header - and use bob@random.rnd as the words? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Aut...

After applying the Exchange 2k Sp3 update to a clustered service (Windows 2k Advanced Server) theclients can now no longer send or reply to e-mails in Generic Mailboxes. Prior to application of SP update this wasn't a problem. Have checked Knowledge Base and performed allt he relevant changes it suggests and have checked permissions for users on Generic Mailbox but still they get this message. Any ideas ? Thanks ...

Send on behalf of #4
How do I make it look like a send on behalf message look like it really came from the person that it is being sent on behalf of Unfortunately it is not possible to make the "Send on behalf of" look like it came directly from that person. This is by design because it keeps people from sending e-mail from another persons account without the receipient know who actually sent the mail. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Setup Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications -------------------- >C...

remove sent "on behalf of" tag
is there a way to prevent the stamp of this information in 2003? give the person sending "send as", but this grants pretty much full access to the mailbox... "jay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:198e01c47bf4$a9400bc0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > is there a way to prevent the stamp of this information > in 2003? ...

Must display as: send on behalf of XXXXXXXX
Hi I hav exchange 2003 and xp pro clients. The PA has the right to send on behalf of the GM but in the From: field is showing that the mail comes directly from her which they don't want. How can i change this so that it display : On behalf of the GM(the name of the name) thanks On Thu, 18 May 2006 22:56:01 -0700, Craig from Huguenot <CraigfromHuguenot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I hav exchange 2003 and xp pro clients. The PA has the right to send on >behalf of the GM but in the From: field is showing that the mail comes >directly from her which th...

Sending Messages on Behalf of another User
Is there a way to just sent a message on behalf of another users on your domain (in your company)? I don't want to have to go through the process of sharing eveyone's Email, I just want some users to be able to send an Email and it look like it's coming from another user. That way when the customer responds to the message it goes back to the original person, not the person who sent it. Nathan Goldberg wrote on Mon, 08 December 2008 18:56 > Is there a way to just sent a message on behalf of another users on your > domain (in your company)? I don't want to have to...

Outlook 2002
How do I set up an e-mail to be sent "on behalf of" someone else? Do you use Exchange server? If so, you can do that through delegates in Outlook. Becky Hilbert wrote: > How do I set up an e-mail to be sent "on behalf of" > someone else? >-----Original Message----- >How do I set up an e-mail to be sent "on behalf of" >someone else? >. > ...

send as, vs send on behalf of
Hi IT family, We have an Exchange 2003 server public folder and we were using the send as feature, but when someone deleted the public folder, we now have send on behalf of rights. This is a problem, because the name of the account appears in the From column. What do we have to do to send mail from a public folder, without the receiver observing the individual's account that sent the message? I put the public folder in the from section, and I am able to sent, but the receiver viewes the mail as "on behalf of". Thanks! -- MCSE: Security, CCNA, A+, Network +, Security+ ...

How to send email on behalf of somebody else.
I am running Outlook 2003 connected to a 2003 exchange server. I have setup the delagates section in options for the person I want to be able to send out emails for me, how do they create the email on there machine that will look like it comes from me. Tom When they start a new email have them click on the arrow next to the options button and they should see a "From" field, selecting this will put a new field in the email called "From" the user then clicks on the From to choose who they want to send it "From" (you can see that I don't write technical man...

Outlooks rules to catch 'on behalf of's
I have a rule that moves emails from 'bob@random.rnd' * to another folder. But my rule does not cope when the email comes in like "H.R.Department@random.rnd on behalf of bob@random.rnd" then the rule does not work anymore. How can I write a rule to cope with this sort of annoying email. * Email address has been changed to protect privacy ...

Send as another user without "Sent on behalf of"
I would like to enable some of our users to send messages "From" another mailbox without the "Sender" header included which results in a "Sent on behalf of" message in email clients. I am using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. I've tried it with and without the "send on behalf of" permissions added under delivery options. I've even created a test mailbox store with a test mailbox. I then enabled a user to have "Send As" permissions on that mailbox store. I did NOT add "send on behalf of" permissions on the individual mailbo...