Message size differ for user(user of exchange 2003) with outlook 2003 and 2007

Hi,

When we configure the user of exchange server 2003 in Outlook 2007. we
observe that message size is different with Outlook 2003.
example for exchange server user (testuser)  when we configure that in
Outlook 2003 for a mail it show size(824). when we configure the same
user in Outlook 2007 for same mail it shows size 3429.

if some have faced such problem. or know why its happening.

similarly i observe same user is configured on outlook 2007 on
different machine the mail size differs.so what does size indicate and
what all the parameters it depends

Any suggestion or pointer could be great help for us.

Thanks
Narendra

Message size/fluctuations usually center around...

1) Message format (Plain text vs. HTML vs. Rich Text)
2) Attachments
3) What is included in the body (e.g. Signatures, embedded pictures, .etc)
of the message

Just so you know, Outlook 2007 uses Word 2007 as its e-mail editor.   This
cannot be changed.  Therefore you will pick up Word style sheets in HTML
messages where you wouldn't pick this up using Outlook 2003's built-in
e-mail editor.  These style sheets can account for some additional size to
the message.

"Narendra" <guptanarendra29@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> When we configure the user of exchange server 2003 in Outlook 2007. we
> observe that message size is different with Outlook 2003.
> example for exchange server user (testuser)  when we configure that in
> Outlook 2003 for a mail it show size(824). when we configure the same
> user in Outlook 2007 for same mail it shows size 3429.
>
> if some have faced such problem. or know why its happening.
>
> similarly i observe same user is configured on outlook 2007 on
> different machine the mail size differs.so what does size indicate and
> what all the parameters it depends
>
> Any suggestion or pointer could be great help for us.
>
> Thanks
> Narendra

0
Neo (372)

repost: Outlook and incoming html
Is it possible to turn off html for incoming messages in Outlook 2000? Thanks -- Tendril ___________________________ A mistake is only a mistake If one learns nothing from it Tendril <dontuspamtendril@shotgunsandwich.net> wrote: > Is it possible to turn off html for incoming messages in Outlook 2000? I don't think so. That feature was added in Outlook 2002. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths do...

Frontpage 2003 or Publisher 2003 ?
Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info appreciated. Hi Cracker Jacks (cjacks<nospamz)@verizon.net), in the newsgroups you posted: || Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am || familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the || server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info || appreciated. I recommend FrontPage 2003. FrontPage 2003 doesn't REQUIRE FrontPage Server extensions,...

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

Volume logging to user
Is there any way to determine which users are getting all the email in an exchange organization? On Apr 28, 2:52 pm, talkinggoat <johnmclaren...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is there any way to determine which users are getting all the email in > an exchange organization? I found a way to accomplish my goal by opening the performance log file in Excel. It isn't EXACTLY what I wanted, but it will work. I was looking for something that could display graphs and separate the emails according to volume, that way I would have an easier time sorting out and blocking spammers. If anyone has ...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

outlook 2007 runs slow

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

Outlook 2003

Exchange 2007 Evaluation version #2

worksheet size in bytes
Hi Everybody, is there any algorythm/function to know the size of given excel worksheet in byte? Tamas -- Tamas Nagy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Tamas Nagy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28000 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=475020 I think you'd have to save the worksheet in question as its own workbook. While you could add up all the characters in all the cells that's only a part of the picture given that many other things are part of the sheet, fo...

Excel Crash

outlook 2000 help file

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

Upgrading from Exchange 2000 Standard to Enterprise Cal ? #2
Hello Everyone, I know the upgrade process from exchange 2000 standard to enterprise seems pretty straight forward. However, I have a cal question. Are my standard cals still good with this upgrade. Say I have right now standard 2000 with 30 cals. If I upgrade to Exchange 2000 Enterprise with 25 cals to pass the 16mb limitation. Would I then only have the 25 cals or 55 total cals? Thanks ...

Office 2007 Compatibility Pack 12-10-09
My new Windows 7 laptop came with a trial version of Office 2007 (Student), which I uninstalled prior to first use. However, I have the PowerPoint Viewer installed, which I use. Question: There's a huge 173 MB Office Compatibility Pack in the Control Panel, Programs and Features, which can be uninstalled. Can I uninstall this without any effect on the PowerPoint Viewer or Microsoft Works (or Windows Live Mail) programs? Thanks. EW Hi, Lone Star, The compatibility pack is actually quite useful if you are running a previous version of Office. Are you only using W...

#Error Message
I have created a calculation to count the number of people and placed it in the Name Footer: =count([EyNumber]) and called the unbound box, CountNames. When there are no results it returns the #Error message. How can I remove this error message and display a message like, "No Data", or display the true results of a count? I have tried using the IsError function but can't seem to get it to work. Thanks Hi Nigel, Try: =IIf(IsError([EyNumber]), "No Data", Count([EyNumber]) Clifford Bass Nigel wrote: >I have created a calculatio...

Outlook 2003 Contact data

Edit Microsoft Exchange System Object with ADSI
When I applied a new recipient policy to add a 2nd domain name to our users, I applied it to all rather than using a filter to only pick the users in the Users OU. Everything was still fine but we have one conflict. A public folder had the same name as a user and thus had the same email address. We are getting the event:Event ID: 9514 Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Description: Two objects in the Directory have the same proxy - /DC=COM/DC=[DomainName]/CN=[ContainerName1]/CN=[Object1] and /DC=COM/DC=[DomainName]/CN=[ContainerName2]/CN=[Object2] I deleted the public folder b...

Unable to create more Windows NT accounts for Exchange mailboxes
Hi Guys, Currently our Exchange server stopped allowing the creation of more Windows NT Accounts with the following error"Insufficient System Resources exist to complete the requested service".Pls is there a way out of this? We run Exchange 5.5 SP3 on Windows NT Server. -- Buchi ...