Message headers, attachments, and the message body may be lost in Outlook 2003 when you reply to an e-mail message that contains a References header that exceeds 1,000 bytes

Hi All

Refer to below hot fix, just wonder which microsoft patches can fix below
issue, as installing the hot fix manually is killing

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B947350&x=11&y=10

thanks

0
gbkhor1 (8)

e-mail messages, from outlook, to cd, how to
hello there, i have a few thousant e-mail messages in outlook maps. i want to save them, i would like to burn them on a cd. i would like to move them just by one klik of my mouse i can rename them one by one, and then put them in a new map on C disk, an than burn them on a cd, but i want to do them all by just one mouse klick. please can you help me. What are Outlook Maps?? All of your mail is contained in a file with a .pst extension. You can export your folders that you want saved to a .pst file and then burn that to CD (you will need to copy it back to your hard drive and remove the r...

Outlook Express should have a password system like Hotmail does
Outlook Express should have a password system like Hotmail does for a password to expire after so many days, a password tip help section to make stronger passwords, and a password meter to show how strong your password is. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane...

Save a Publisher ducument as .htm
I have a leaflet that I print using Publisher. It is in Booklet format with 4 pages (2 from, 2 back). I want to display all pages (1-4) as a webpage, but when I 'Save As' webpage/.htm only Page 1 is saved. How do I get the entire document saved? Thank. Mike Chances are you created the other pages, but didn't notice that they are in supporting folder that also contains all the graphics for your site. Generally, for reasons beyond the scope of your question, you do not do a 'Save As' to create a website using Pub 2003 and 2007. Instead do a 'Publish ...

How do you make Inbox messages stay bold until opened?
While in the Inbox, new messages are bold. Just by "passing" by them, the bolding is removed and it appears the messages have been read. How do you make the message remain bold until the message is actually opened? Tools, options, other, Reading pane button - uncheck Mark as read when selection changes. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlo...

Chinese Character in Outlook Web Access
Why all chinese email read using OWA shows ???? but it is ok if I open it using Outlook. Please advise. Regards, Hello Gareth I believe I understand your question if not forgive me. Have you 1) Installed the Chinese language pack on the Exchange server running OWA? If so did you reboot the server that has OWA installed (this also in effect restarts the IISAdmin service) to set the changes? 2) Have you set language preferences in Internet Explorer on the client's computer by going to the "Tools" menu, clicking "Internet Options", and then clicking "Languages&...

No message rules?
I just switched from Outlook express (which I really like) to Windows live mail. It did a very good job of finding my old contacts and messages, but I don't see my rules. I used to route incoming messages to specific folders based on sender or message title. I can't find the corresponding feature in Windows live mail. Am I just not looking in the right places or does Live mail just not offer the equivalent feature?? ED On the Menu Bar: Tools | Message Rules. Don't see the Menu Bar? The Alt button will temporally enable the Menu Bar, or click on the Menus ...

Web Outlook & Exchange Setup need ideas #2
I currently have Server: Windows 2000 Server, Exchange 5. Clients: Windows 2000 Pro, Outlook 200 I am planning to install Outlook Web Access. I want to upgrade Exchange Server 5.5 to 2003. People say Ex 2003 does has installation probles with Win 2000 Server. Is this true Does Outlook Web Access have to be installed on the same box that is running the Exchange Server? If it has to be, will it work if I install Exchange Server on a different box and have its information store point to the information store of my original Exchange Server. And then install Outlook Web Access on the new box I a...

RMS 1.3 Refresh 1
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C69137.08F12CD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I have 30 stores running 1.3 - do I have to schedule a down day to = upgrade to 1.3 Refresh 1? Are there any changes to the database - If I upgraded one store at a = time will it mess up my central server? Any information is greatly appreciated, Jim ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C69137.08F12CD0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <...

How to Pull Outlook contact info into Excel
Hey Group, I've got a spreadsheet that lists a bunch of contacts. They same contacts reside in Outlook. In the past I've always retyped the contact info into the spreadsheet. Is there a way that it can automatically pull this information? Or a script button I can click on to get the info? I've done some searching, but either not finding what i'm looking for or not understanding it completely. Thanks! Shaun In Outlook, click File, Import and Export,....... Shaun H wrote: > Hey Group, > > I've got a spreadsheet that lists a bunch of contact...

Reject messages with custom message?
A policy has dictated an account of a former employee respond to all incoming email messages with a custom note and not allow the messages to accumulate in the mailbox. In fact, for admin purposes it would be great if there was no longer a AD account and mailbox. Thank you, -Bob I suggest that you request a few thousand dollars to hire a programmer to write you a custom event sink so that you can comply with the policy. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "just bob" <kilbyfan-aol@net.com> wrote in message news:%23...

Microsoft Office Conversion filter 2003
Does anyone know how to download the technology onto your computer? ...

Headers Footers
Can the left - center - right sections be removed to make just one area right across the page ? sidcliffe Hi, No, but you anything you enter in the left header or footer will extend across the center and right header and footer if it needs to. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "kgm" wrote: > Can the left - center - right sections be removed to make just one area > right across the page ? > > sidcliffe > ...

Outlook can't get mail
I have Outlook 2000 and XP Home Edition. I can open Outlook and it will stay open -- until it tries to receive email. Then I get an error message that says it has encountered an problem and must close down, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I can reopen it and no problem -- until the email starts to come in again and then it closes with the same error message. My ISP is Charter and the email is a POP3 server. Any suggestions? Run scanpst.exe against your pst-file and try again. If this fails to solve the issue locale outcmd.dat and rename if to .old -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outl...

block messages
Hi all, can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. I have created Contact with internet email address (non AD user) I have tried Delivery restriction Tab to reject messages from specific mailbox (that Contact) in the internet, but it doesn't work. Is any solution, how to filter abc@abc.com on exch5.5 sp3 Thanks Marek On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:34:08 +0100, "Marek" <neco@necoteckaenco.com> wrote: >Hi all, >can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. >I have created Contact with internet email addr...

"Microsoft Outlook not responding"
My outlook 2003 is constantly crashes with the message "Microsoft Outlook not responding" has anyone any idea why? I have recently linked my sky account to outlook could this have caused the problem? You need to check your application event viewer. The error message you provide is too vague. Look for any Office or Outlook-related errors and post the eventID and source. "SteveK666" <SteveK666@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9375F9E4-EB60-4DA7-9F6F-F091EDBF7F86@microsoft.com... > My outlook 2003 is constantly crashes with the message ...

Outlook message rules for sent message from me.
Greetings, There has always been a message rule I wanted, and never asked about. So now I will. I default a copy of all my send messages to the sent folder. They are marked at read... which is good, because if I send the message, I obviously read it. <grin> At times, I wish I could send the message to other folders. Example. I have a folder called "family". If I send a message to "family", I'd like to be able to put a copy in the "family" folder. I know you could do this, but the message is not marked as read. Thus, the folder is bolded/...

Print quote for the client-Outlook
Hi. Some has a master document of example that is used for the functionality to print supply for the client of the client for sales of Outlook? I have a document but when the quotation has several products are damaged. ...

Outlook 2000 Hyperlinks
Hello, This is my first post after trying all the various fixits for the hyperlink not working in emails. I have tried all the suggestions, to include verifying the registry settings, resetting the default, uninstalling IE8, uninstalling Office Suite w/o deleting folders of emails and calendar data. I've cleared the caches, run Cleanup to empty out everything. I even went in and clicked on folder options and view and followed the MS instructions to no avail. I've registered the dll's that were suggested and all re-register except mshmtl.dll, saying it was loaded ...

Reference To Form Not Working
A client of mine is using a form (Matters) which has a button which opens another form in dialog mode. The underlying query of the second form references the first form as a paramter value, as follows: Forms!Matters!CountryID where CountryID is a field on the Matters form. These two forms have been in place for years without problem. Recently this person started getting a prompt when opening the second form to "Enter Paramter Value" with Forms!Matters!CountryID being the parameter it's looking for. The forms still work fine on my machine. But, for some reason, on his m...

Exchange 2003, lost messages and tracking
AD 2000 domain, single forest, single domain, single exchange site Exchange 2003 Windows 2003 Ent I have a strange problem going on here. I’ve been receiving complaints periodically about users not receiving message with xls attachments. I sent the user and myself 3 messages from a test yahoo account with sequential subjects (1,2,3…) and a .xls attachment. I received all 3 messages and attachments to my account. The user in question only received the 2nd and 3rd message with attachments. The message tracking center shows all 3 messages being delivered with the final entry being “S...

adding my school MS exchange account to Outlook 2010
Okay, my school has set up a Student email account for me. According to the info page to access it I am supposed to access it thru MS Exchange Lab. Is there a way to add that account to Outlook 2010 or must I access it only via online. It's only a pain because I already have a regular windows live login so I'm always having to log out of one to log into the other. It would be nice if there was a way I could access, download and keep my school account/folders/emails seperate from my regular account, using Outlook. Thanks in advance for any help in this JLMJR JLMJR wr...

Office 2003 and 2007 Word ignores certain spelling errors
I checked both versions (2003 and 2007) of Office Word to see if they recognized specific spelling errors. Spell checker seems to ignore any word that has certain characters embedded, like any number (0-9), asterisk, parenthesis, right brace, backslash, or left-arrow (shift apostrophe). When I'm banging along and I unintentionally hit a numeric key within a word, spell checker doesn't recognize the error. Why? Is there a fix for this? There's an option (in Word 2003, Tools > Options > Spelling & Grammar; in Word 2007, Office button > Word Options >...

Excel 2003 get text after wraptext problem
Hi all I have a problem that is, to get the texts row by row and count the text line in one cell that wrapped in Excel 2003. After google search, in the previous excel, I can find and count "char(10)" to determine the line break in text string, but in Excel 2003, no any char(10) exists, even char(13) after wrapped (unless I type ALT-ENTER manually). Can anyone tell me how to do it? Thanks for help I don't know of any good way to count lines in a cell if the text wraps because of columnwidth. But you could use something like this to count the number of alt...

Uninstall Outlook
I have just installed MS CRM 1.2 on out network everythign appears ok. I have a new machine for our telesales person who was starting. Before I knew his name I thought that I would get his PC ready for him. I installed the 1.2 outlook client when I was logged on as the Domain Administrator and the client looked fine. However I need to add teh client to the users profile now that they have started work. When I logon as the user I can not install the client for them. I get an error saying that I should unistall it from the other user first. I wouold do this but when I logon as the admini...

Problems opening Outlook 2003
YHi all, I have very recently upgraded office from 2000 to 2003, student and teacher edition. All but Outlook 2003 is working fine, when I open Outlook it says "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable" - Retry, Work offline or Cancel. I have tried choosing work offline but it then comes up with "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. Your profile is not configured." It then closes :-( Any help much appreciated. Thanks Alex Do you connect to an Exchange Server or are you connecting to an ISP POP3 mail server? "AlexG" <AlexG@discussions.micros...