message being sent multiple times

E-mail messages not making thier way to "sent items".
They are being sent multiple times (irritates recipients
and I can't tell if the message gets sent at all, or
multiple times).
During the "send / Recieve" process, about every minute
outlook goes through another "send" routine even though
the last one may not be complete and w/o me directing it.

I think I have the settings correct, but perhaps not.  Any
ideas?

0
anonymous (74721)

Hi,

Goto the properties of the account and then remove the check mark next to
"Leave a copy of the Messages on the server".

Hope this helps !!!

With Regards,

Sudharson.AN
"jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> E-mail messages not making thier way to "sent items".
> They are being sent multiple times (irritates recipients
> and I can't tell if the message gets sent at all, or
> multiple times).
> During the "send / Recieve" process, about every minute
> outlook goes through another "send" routine even though
> the last one may not be complete and w/o me directing it.
>
> I think I have the settings correct, but perhaps not.  Any
> ideas?

0
meetsudhar (181)
3/2/2004 2:16:42 AM
As I said in an earlier post, that won't help - this is *sending* multiple
messages, not receiving.  Besides, even if the person were referring to
receiving, "leave message on server" servers a useful purpose - you should
not have to turn it off in order to not receive duplicates.

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

"Sudharson AN" <meetsudhar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Goto the properties of the account and then remove the check mark next to
> "Leave a copy of the Messages on the server".
>
> Hope this helps !!!
>
> With Regards,
>
> Sudharson.AN
> "jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > E-mail messages not making thier way to "sent items".
> > They are being sent multiple times (irritates recipients
> > and I can't tell if the message gets sent at all, or
> > multiple times).
> > During the "send / Recieve" process, about every minute
> > outlook goes through another "send" routine even though
> > the last one may not be complete and w/o me directing it.
> >
> > I think I have the settings correct, but perhaps not.  Any
> > ideas?

0
stephenson (1245)
3/2/2004 5:26:54 PM
Sudharson AN <meetsudhar@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Goto the properties of the account and then remove the check mark
> next to "Leave a copy of the Messages on the server".

What does that have to do with the question???  The OP didn't say _he's_
getting multiple messages, he said his recipients are.
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)

Is there a way to delete multiple lines at the same time beside u.
Please let me know if there is other ways to delete multiple lines at the same time without using the Ctl key. Thank you. Hi Cherry are the lines adjacent to one another? if so just drag down the row numbers and then right mouse click & choose delete .. .if they're not adjacent and you don't want to use the Ctrl key to select them, how are you going to identify which rows you want to delete? -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "cherry" <cherry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BD...

in what order should i place multiple brochure pages?
i am wondering in what order should i lay out my pages in my brochure so it will print correctly . . . I would use one of the brochure templates, create, print it out and edit to my liking. -- Don Vancouver, USA "critic" <critic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB2EA24A-EC9F-44EB-AB02-209FF66A1F77@microsoft.com... >i am wondering in what order should i lay out my pages in my brochure so it > will print correctly . . . ...

e-mail messages, from outlook, to cd, how to
hello there, i have a few thousant e-mail messages in outlook maps. i want to save them, i would like to burn them on a cd. i would like to move them just by one klik of my mouse i can rename them one by one, and then put them in a new map on C disk, an than burn them on a cd, but i want to do them all by just one mouse klick. please can you help me. What are Outlook Maps?? All of your mail is contained in a file with a .pst extension. You can export your folders that you want saved to a .pst file and then burn that to CD (you will need to copy it back to your hard drive and remove the r...

How do you make Inbox messages stay bold until opened?
While in the Inbox, new messages are bold. Just by "passing" by them, the bolding is removed and it appears the messages have been read. How do you make the message remain bold until the message is actually opened? Tools, options, other, Reading pane button - uncheck Mark as read when selection changes. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlo...

Multiple Lookup values in a query
Hello, I am trying to build a query that will allow me to search by a record I select from a form using a combo box. I want to be able to make one selection from several different options and have it apply to that using only one query. Example: I will have a query about cars, where you can select by make or model or color. You only need to select by color, and the results will come up. Is there a way to do this with a single filter query, or do I have to build a seperate qury for each? In other words, can I put an if/then that will say if the combo box is nill, slect all records for tha...

No message rules?
I just switched from Outlook express (which I really like) to Windows live mail. It did a very good job of finding my old contacts and messages, but I don't see my rules. I used to route incoming messages to specific folders based on sender or message title. I can't find the corresponding feature in Windows live mail. Am I just not looking in the right places or does Live mail just not offer the equivalent feature?? ED On the Menu Bar: Tools | Message Rules. Don't see the Menu Bar? The Alt button will temporally enable the Menu Bar, or click on the Menus ...

Vlookup multiple #2
We have invoices by company name how can we select all the invoices with 1 vlookup ex:row a1 A10 A13 A17 all are for (john) all of them are for for the same customer we want to have several lines on invoice for each invoice automatically filled itemized with vlookup, or what is if we need only invoice from a10? auto filter or sort -- paul paul.shepherd@nospamparadise.net.nz remove nospam for email addy! "dk" wrote: > We have invoices by company name how can we select all the invoices with 1 > vlookup ex:row a1 A10 A13 A17 all are for (john) > all of them are for...

Reject messages with custom message?
A policy has dictated an account of a former employee respond to all incoming email messages with a custom note and not allow the messages to accumulate in the mailbox. In fact, for admin purposes it would be great if there was no longer a AD account and mailbox. Thank you, -Bob I suggest that you request a few thousand dollars to hire a programmer to write you a custom event sink so that you can comply with the policy. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "just bob" <kilbyfan-aol@net.com> wrote in message news:%23...

block messages
Hi all, can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. I have created Contact with internet email address (non AD user) I have tried Delivery restriction Tab to reject messages from specific mailbox (that Contact) in the internet, but it doesn't work. Is any solution, how to filter abc@abc.com on exch5.5 sp3 Thanks Marek On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:34:08 +0100, "Marek" <neco@necoteckaenco.com> wrote: >Hi all, >can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. >I have created Contact with internet email addr...

Outlook message rules for sent message from me.
Greetings, There has always been a message rule I wanted, and never asked about. So now I will. I default a copy of all my send messages to the sent folder. They are marked at read... which is good, because if I send the message, I obviously read it. <grin> At times, I wish I could send the message to other folders. Example. I have a folder called "family". If I send a message to "family", I'd like to be able to put a copy in the "family" folder. I know you could do this, but the message is not marked as read. Thus, the folder is bolded/...

Run-time error '429' ActiveX component can't create object
Tried running the Payroll Update Engine and I am getting this error message. I have tried reinstalling it and still no luck. I have been able to run this update in the past, but not sure what has changed to cause this. Any ideas? ------=_NextPart_0001_5DCA272E Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit A 'new' PUE.exe file was temporarily posted on the tax update web site, but it was found to cause these Active X errors. About 10 days ago, the former (original) version of the PUE.exe was put back out on the web site. If you install the PUE.exe from the tax u...

Exchange 2003, lost messages and tracking
AD 2000 domain, single forest, single domain, single exchange site Exchange 2003 Windows 2003 Ent I have a strange problem going on here. I’ve been receiving complaints periodically about users not receiving message with xls attachments. I sent the user and myself 3 messages from a test yahoo account with sequential subjects (1,2,3…) and a .xls attachment. I received all 3 messages and attachments to my account. The user in question only received the 2nd and 3rd message with attachments. The message tracking center shows all 3 messages being delivered with the final entry being “S...

Outlook 2003 Error Message #8
When sending messages to my internal MS Exchange recipients I get this error message. "You do not have permission to send to this recipient." Any help or work around for this. I searched the MS Knowledge Base and could get this exact error to come up. Thanks. ...

Message removal
I'm attempting to remove 3 messages that keep appearing in my Sync Issues / Server Failures folder. I delete them, and the next day they are back again. I've tried extracting them with the ExMerge utility, run in Archive mode to delete them from the store. It fails, and in the ExMerge.log file it says: [11:54:12] Error copying messages from folder '\Sync Issues\Server Failures' (MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION) Any ideas how I can extract these messages? I would try disabling any AV on the machine you are running Exmerge on and see if that works. On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:42:...

Time Display in a Stop Watch fromat
Is there a way to format a cell's time in a "stop watch" format, without the date prefix or the AM/PM. Currently (1/1/1900 12:00:00 AM) Suggested (0:00). Any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks. Use a custom format of: hh:mm:ss -- Regards, Dave "Gabe" wrote: > Is there a way to format a cell's time in a "stop watch" format, without the > date prefix or the AM/PM. Currently (1/1/1900 12:00:00 AM) Suggested (0:00). > Any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks. > I am looking to have the formula bar read 0:00 as well. So when I click ...

Calculatimg Time
I have a cell that has calculated the number of hour from setting off to arrival ie 3hrs. What I want is to have a column that says if the travel time is more than 3hrs I want the letter "Y" to appear. Any ideas how I can do that? =IF(HOUR(B2-A2)>3,"Y","N") Where A2 holds the start time and B2 the end time -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "ezeetyger" <wilson_ja2000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:2f78e306.0408050933.26857da9@posting.google.com....

number of messages in inbox
how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? If you have the status bar enabled from the View menu and then highlight the folder the number of items is displayed in the status bar <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08ad01c3d513$e0e22dc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? ...

OLE Server Error Message
Access 2002. I am running a database compiled with Access 2003 on a system that is using Access XP (2002). When I exit the database I get an "information" dialog that says: A problem occurred while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE server. Try one or more of the following: *Make sure you're connected to the network server where the OLE server application is located. *Close the OLE server and restart it outside of Microsoft Access. Then try the original operation again from within Microsoft Access. *Reinstall the OLE server to ensure that it's register...

NDR Message 5.7.1
I have a problem with message beging recieved through our exchange server. This recently started. One of our other admins did some tweaking before he went out of town and we are having a hard time finding out what was done and yes we have tried to contact him. Mail sent from exchange users come in fine but when sent from external addresses (the ones we have tested) do not come in and get a ndr message. I don't know how long this has been happening exactly but it has been a week since the other admin left. Used both DNSreports / DNSstuff and oddly both have the MX and DNS succes...

help with calculating overtime in a time sheet
Hi Guys, I'm sure the question has been asked from time to time, but this on has got me a bit stumped, and looking at other peoples questions, jus confuses me even more! so basically I just wanna be able to enter times say from 0600 am till 1953 with a .5 lunch break Basically what I want from this, is a cell for normal hours up to 10, cell for overtime hours after 10 and a total. i've managed to get a total, and overtime hours, but not normal hours! Then for the totals I want a cell that works out normal hours (which should always be 7 anyway) another cell that works out time an...

Message Tracking with Message ID
I work on the Defense Message System. We get error reports for messages with a message ID on them. The problem is how does one find the message that goes with the ID in a "FIND" of the Sent Items on the senders computer? I have not found a way that is user friendly to do this search on the users computer. Very Respectfully, ET3 Hettinger USN ...

Error message Importing INV File
I am using Money 2005 Samll Business and when I try to import a custom invoice I receive the following error message. Money cannot import an INV file that was created before July, 2002. Please try importing a more recent version of the file. I just created my file tonight and the properties say it was created 11/19/04 so there should be no problem with the date. I am set up for US regional settings. Has anyone ran into this and figured a way around it? Thanks, ...

Copy Local Message Rule
I've created a complicated message rule for filtering that I would like to put on other client machines. Can I copy it? Is this possible? WIn2k server/ Exchange 2k w/all current SPs. STEVE ...

Suddenly no pictures in HTML messages
Running XP pro SP3, Outlook 2002. About Wed. or Thurs, any html messages received do not include pictures. Did Microsoft send out an update that might have interfered? Or did I do something I'm not aware of? Thank you, Roberta Roberta, you wrote on Sat, 4 Apr 2009 06:52:06 -0700: > About Wed. or Thurs, any html messages received do not include > pictures. Did Microsoft send out an update that might have > interfered? Or did I do something I'm not aware of? There is no such an update. Verify if the Internet Explorer is in offline mode (go to the file menu in IE)...

cannot move messages
Sometimes when I attempt to move a message from the inbox to a storage folder I receive the following error message - "An unknown error has occured. The selected message(s) could not be moved." Why am I receiving this message and how can this problem be corrected? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks What kind of mail account is it? POP3, IMAP or HTTP? Both IMAP and HTTP accounts synchronize with the mail server, so moving a message from the mail account to the storage folder requires that WLM tell the mail server to delete the message from the server ma...