Merge 2 Outlook

Outlook 2003

I am trying to copy appointments from a "sub calendar" to the main calendar
in the Personal Folders.  For some reason the only way I seem to be able to
do this at all is to put the source calendar in the events view giving me a
list then I can highlight and copy and paste them all to the main calendar,
for some reason I am only getting the all day events and none of the timed
appointments.  surely there must be an easier way.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance... Bob

0
bobnewman1 (115)

Try a category view instead - this gives you all your calendar items, =
not just events.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, Bob Newman asked:

| Outlook 2003
|=20
| I am trying to copy appointments from a "sub calendar" to the main
| calendar in the Personal Folders.  For some reason the only way I
| seem to be able to do this at all is to put the source calendar in
| the events view giving me a list then I can highlight and copy and
| paste them all to the main calendar, for some reason I am only
| getting the all day events and none of the timed appointments.=20
| surely there must be an easier way.  What am I doing wrong?=20
|=20
| Thanks in advance... Bob
0
MillyS (3228)
10/10/2007 1:28:21 AM
I can see them in the week or month view but I cannot highlight them all for
a copy & past as I can in the events view.  When I am in the month or week
view how do I copy them to the other calendar?  (There are too many to do
each individually).

Bob

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
Try a category view instead - this gives you all your calendar items, not
just events.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Bob Newman asked:

| Outlook 2003
|
| I am trying to copy appointments from a "sub calendar" to the main
| calendar in the Personal Folders.  For some reason the only way I
| seem to be able to do this at all is to put the source calendar in
| the events view giving me a list then I can highlight and copy and
| paste them all to the main calendar, for some reason I am only
| getting the all day events and none of the timed appointments.
| surely there must be an easier way.  What am I doing wrong?
|
| Thanks in advance... Bob

0
bobnewman1 (115)
10/10/2007 11:58:48 AM
Bob Newman <bobnewman@cox.net> wrote:

> I can see them in the week or month view but I cannot highlight them
> all for a copy & past as I can in the events view.  When I am in the
> month or week view how do I copy them to the other calendar?  (There
> are too many to do each individually).

As long as you can see them all in the same view, you should be able to use
CTRL-click to select multiple items and then drag the selection to the new
folder.  However, displaying your source calendar in a table view is more
efficient, in my experience.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Outlook 2003 PRF File
Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to set-up multiple profiles in a PRF files. We have a document management product that required a second profile in order to interact and so when Outlook is started we would like it to set-up the user profile and this additional profile, so 2 profiles. I know that you can set-up multiple services but we would like to have multiple profiles. Thanks, -- Jonathan Thomas Hampshire County Council Each PRF file can set up only one profile, and Outlook can process only one PRF file per Outlook session. Therefore, you can do this, but it will require ...

merging
Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is a certificate) and then merge the desired information from a select querry in access? Hi Tina (sttpreston@clyde.k12.oh.us), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is || a certificate) and then merge the desired information from || a select querry in access? Yes, you can. Which version of Publisher and Windows are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Sales Document Print Options #2
Hi, I'm trying to modify the above window but I have difficulties in determining which window that triggers it in order to get the SOPType and SOPNumber. So far I notice that you can open this window from Sales Transaction Entry window and Sales Transaction Inquiry Zoom window but how do you tell programmatically? Can't use Isloaded properties cause it fails if both windows are loaded. TIA, Sugih ...

Problems with Outlook 2003 #3
Hi! I have a user that has 2 strange problems with his Outlook 2003 SP2. When replying to an email or writing a new one, he starts typing then goes to use another app and comes back to finish his email. He sends it and the receiver only gets what he typed at first, not the stuff from his second time. Also he gets emails with .GIF attachments that he cannot see. He only sees it when clicking on reply, it appears suddenly as an attachment. Any clues? PMD Pascal M. Dorion <pmdorion@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have a user that has 2 strange problems with his Outlook 2003 SP2. &g...

Launching outlook plays default sound over and over and
Installed MS Outlook 2002 on my wifes laptop and whenever she opens it, the default sound plays with about a 10 second interval. Tried simply disable the sound and the PC beep goes off over and over. Upgraded to 2003 same exact problem Haven't had any problem on any other machines....anyone have a clue as to the fix for this one? Thank You! Check your rules. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and ...

Merge same transaction
I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed info in the memo area only to have the same exact transaction download with no info and unrecognized as the same transaction. Traditionally I've copied and pasted the info into the downloaded transaction and then deleted my transaction. This is a real PAIN... Is there a way to tell Money that these two separate transactions are the SAME transaction and then have it merge them? It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction that's already in the register and then merges them beautiful...

Can't find how to change Y-axis range to show new data in Excel Mac 12.2.4
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a simple bar chart that I created some years ago in a previous version of Excel. I add data each month and it shows miles I drive per month over the year, very helpful to keep track of distance and gas mileage. I've extended the Y-axis range downward a few times before, but can't find out how to do it this time. I always install the latest updates from Microsoft and now I'm running Excel 2008 for Mac version 12.2.4 (100205). My Y-axis range in this chart starts at 800, but I drove only 772 miles ...

Some JPG files cannot be open after Security Update for Outlook.
Just recently some of the users cannot open some JPG files. After some testing when file was saved through Outlook the size increased by ~30 KB and Windows Picture and Fax Viewer wasn't able to open the file. When files was saved through OWA Windows Picture and Fax Viewer could open the file fine. Tried to disable antivirus on outlook, server and nothing helped. Eventually uninstalling "Security Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (KB945432)" fixed the problem. Since then if the file is saved through Outlook it opens fine. Anybody experiencing this problem as well? Is there...

Closing Outlook in a .bat file...?
Hi, Can I force Outlook to close in a DOS .bat file so I can then invoke the backup of the .pst database in the same .bat...? Thanks... -- Susan "Tiscali" <kegler@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:42d0ef53$1_3@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com... > Hi, > > Can I force Outlook to close in a DOS .bat file so I can then invoke the > backup of the .pst database in the same .bat...? > Yes, but two caveats: 1) The tool you use may depend on your version of Windows 2) Unless you take very special measures (keystroke pushing to answer dialogs) ...

Account Group ID #2
Even though I have included Account Group ID in my FA import it is not being assigned to the asset. This is a problem since the asset G/L depends on this ID. Right now all assets appear to be defaulting to the default Account Group ID. ...

Opening a pst file with Outlook...
I sent home my contacts from outlook at work to my home here. The file is contacts.pst which is 761 KB. I went to outlook and clicked "file" "open" then "open data file" but my contacts are not showing. It brings me to a blank page. Does anyone know or have any idea where the contacts may have gone. I need these fiels ASAP as I am now working from home. If you can help please respond or call my cell at 630.532.1773 It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Shaun How did you create this PST? It's too small to contain much data. If you opened it and they...

how to block spam in Outlook Express
I am currently getting TONS of emails with subject lines like: Re: Sample, Re: Your Document, Hi, Hello, etc etc. You probably hav seen these insidious little attachments in the hopes you will ope them. It has been only today when I saw a DRASTIC increase into my i box though. Doe the action of going into TOOLS>MESSAGE RULES>MAIL and the creating a "new mail rule" really work though? I listed many keyword in there and this is where my question lies...do I put commas afte each subject line I want to automatically delete? For instance, I typed "photo document" as one ...

How do I use 2 sets of data in a chart
both sets of data are in the same workbook, but on two different worksheets. Hi, Have read of Jon's page http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html Cheers Andy Skeety wrote: > both sets of data are in the same workbook, but on two different worksheets. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Outlook problem!!! #2
Hullo folks. When i try to answer to group on some topic and then press send i get a message window where you can say yes, no or cancel, but there is absolutely NO text in the box what so ever. And i cannot click anywhere in the box to make my post send. What gives? Best Regards Silver. On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:42:22 -1000, Silver <dsl46016@vip.cybercity.dk> wrote: > Hullo folks. > > When i try to answer to group on some topic and then press send i get a > message window where you can say yes, no or cancel, but there is > absolutely > NO text in the box what s...

Merging 2 Companies into 1
Are there any guidelines or outline for what tables you need to look at to gather the various information you need in order to merge 2 companies together as well as issues to consider when undertaking such a project? It is a project and a half. I got approval from a major client yesterday to proceed with just this project. You literally need to look at all of them! I understand that MS Professional Services will do this project for you. In my case the client cannot be down and has too many 3rd party products for us to pass it off. When does your project need to be completed? -- Ri...

Copying Cells #2
How can I copy a range of cells (some of which are filled with gray) from one worksheet to another worksheet without deleting any data that may be in the same range on the second sheet. Say the area is from A1 thru B2. Select A1 thru B2 on the first sheet and: Edit > Copy then select cell A1 only on the second sheet and: Edit > Paste Special > Formats. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200808 "DJ" wrote: > How can I copy a range of cells (some of which are filled with gray) from one > worksheet to another worksheet without deleting any data that may be in ...

outlook 2003 slow loading
I have 2 email accounts one from roadrunner and 1 from MSN setup in outlook 2003 but when you click on the outlook program it takes up to 5 mins before it loads the program and I can access the email. Whay can I do to fix this ...

creating an address data base #2
I would like to create a database of clients, and when i type ne invoices i would like to select them so the address etc will fill int the address block automaticly -- adspreadboroug ----------------------------------------------------------------------- adspreadborough's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1565 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27192 ...

look up question #2
I have a list of people with their system rights in the next column by group. Each person may have more than one type of right in the list as follows John Smith Edit Joe Doe Submit Cathy Dory Edit John Smith Submit As you can see above, John Smith has both edit and submit rights on this list. What I am looking for is a formula where I can look down the list of names and find all instances of John Smith and then it can tell me if John Smith ever has edit rights or ever has submit rights. What I would like it to do is return a 1 if he has edit rights a...

assigning categories to email in outlook 2007
I only get color categories when I right click the category column in my email. How do I get the subject category list to show up? Is this an upgrade version of Office? Did you have a prior versioh of Outlook installed? If yes, then right click on the root of the mailbox, select properties, and then under the General Tab. select the option to "upgrade to color categories." -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 ...

reading news with outlook
I configured outlook 2003 to read the newsgroups. It worked the first time. Now whenever I select the go/news it opens a folder on my computer C:\Program Files\Common Files\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033 I have tried to delete the news thing and reinstall it nada...Anyone know what is going on? Posted here every day, several times. You are not configuring Outlook to read news. You are configuring Outlook to launch Outlook Express to read news. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE pr...

Word mail merge

Difference in years and months between 2 dates
Hi, Does anyone know how I can get the number of years and months between 2 dates? (Using Office 2000) Thanx Subtract one from the other "Els" <Els@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E54C0D76-1313-40EF-922C-FCB0780AD992@microsoft.com... : Hi, : : Does anyone know how I can get the number of years and months between 2 : dates? (Using Office 2000) : : Thanx Hi see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Does anyone know how I can get the number of years and months between 2 >dates? (Using Office 200...

Outlook contacts all messed up
I bought/downloaded Outlook as a separate program and downloaded online in January. In February suddenly it would show "John Smith" as the person I was e-mailing to but instead it would go to "Larry Jones". I went and looked in my contacts and somehow everyone got scrambled so I went through all 2000 or so of them and made sure the right e-mail was with the right name. However, I am still having the trouble but can't find any reason for it. I send to "John Smith" and although it says all through the contact card that it is the right display n...

Outlook backups #2
I am trying to find out some information about outlook backups. I was under the impression that with Outlook 2003 you no longer have to close down outlook to do the backup. But I was just told by a friend that that is not true the .pst files are locked and you still can't back up no matter what software you use unless outlook is closed. Does anyone know of software that will backup outlook even if it is opened or possibly will close outlook before it backs it up? Thanks Philip There are 3rd party utilities that do this. But Microsoft produced a little addon to for personal folder ...