Memory Question

I have not changed my soft wear. I did change my DSL provider. Now when I go
to web sites and I put in the information sign or like mapquest it does not
remember it. I have to keep putting it in. How can i get the computer to
remember again?
0
Confused1 (124)

Um, not an Outlook problem.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Memory Confused asked:

| I have not changed my soft wear. I did change my DSL provider. Now
| when I go to web sites and I put in the information sign or like
| mapquest it does not remember it. I have to keep putting it in. How
| can i get the computer to remember again?

0
MillyS (3228)

DNS MX Question
Hello, I am trying to get some clarification that my mx settings are OK. Mail is sending and receiving OK but I don't think its "by-the-book" I am running a SBS 2008 domain (lets call it mydomain.local) and I am hosting my own email server. I registered my domain name with fasthosts.co.uk (lets call it mydomain.co.uk). I have a static IP address assigned by my ISP (BT - British Telecom) I have forwarded port 25 on my router to go to the internal IP address of my SBS. server On Fasthosts control panel I can set various DNS setting (A, mx, PTR etc). I original...

Sumproduct Question #1
I have been doing a lot of reading on this function and can usually get it to work to do the job - not overly complex. One thing that is still not understood (and not the only thing) is what is the difference between using * or , to separate the arrays in the argument? Kevin Bob Phillips explains =sumproduct() in much more detail here: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html The bad news is that Bob's site is experiencing problems. You may want to try every so often to see if it's back up. Kevin wrote: > > I have been doing a lot of reading on this function an...

Formula Question #21
In the chart below, John, Joe, and Bob have golf scores listed for the first 2 holes. Column E is the Min Value which is a formula that pulls the low value/score for each hole. In column E, I would to insert a formula to pull the golfer's name (John, Joe, Bob) depending on who has the low score/min value. Any ideas? Thank you! Hole# John Joe Bob MIN VALUE GOLFER w/ low Score #1 5 4 5 4 ? #2 3 2 5 2 ? and if two or more golfers have the sam...

Secure SMTP Logging Question
Hi Everyone We have been asked to secure our SMTP servers and decided to take anonymous off and force authentication. One of the main goals is to stop spoofing which this won't really help with. To catch this, we have enabled logging on the SMTP virtual servers and will keep the logs for a certain amount of time and thereby be able to pick up the authenticated user who sent the spoofed message. That was the plan anyway. We enable logging with one specific extended field enabled (which we obviously need) - from the help it has the following explanation: User Name Select to record th...

Simple Question Complicated Formula
I have a long formula that I'm trying to modify: {=IF(OR(I3>TODAY(),I3=""),"",SUMPRODUCT((Client_Data!$A$3:$A$4000<=$B3)*((Client_Data!$N$3:$N$4000="")+(Client_Data!$N$3:$N$4000>=$B3))*(Client_Data!$K$3:$K$4000=K$2)))} Row 2 includes headers and this formula pulls data from the Client_Data sheet which matches the K header. What I'm trying to do is to rewrite this formula so that it doesn't look at the header's text but can be any text found on the sheet. I'm looking for the wildcard character to say "any text fou...

Memory usage in XP (memory leak detection)
Hi How can I found out the memory usage on XP ? My XP box uses over a week all memory and then has no resources available. It has 4GB memory (3.5 GB free) I used typeperf with the following: \Memory\Available Bytes \Memory\Committed Bytes \Memory\Pool Paged Bytes \Memory\Pool Nonpaged Bytes \Memory\Cache Bytes \Memory\Cache Bytes Peak \Process(_total)\Virtual Bytes Peak \Process(_total)\Virtual Bytes \Process(_total)\Working Set Peak \Process(_total)\Working Set \Process(_total)\Page File Bytes Peak \Process(_total)\Page File Bytes \Process(_total)\Private Bytes \Proc...

Tables and Relationships Question
I'm wanting to generate evaluation forms for student assignments for a series of dates. So far I've created the following tables: Students Table ------------ Name *StudentID Assignments Table -------------- StudentID *Assignment Work Location Start Time *=Primary key The problem I can't get my head around is how to handle the table structure and relationships for the series of dates on which the student will be training on the assignment. Using a report, I'd like to generate one evaluation sheet per student for each of the 7 dates they will be pe...

not enough memory on excel 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel <i>run excel 2008 on mac snow leopard 2 g memory i upgrade to 3 g and same</i>&#32; message not enough memory can some one help me only word working Run Remove Office then re-install Office On 30/03/10 7:08 AM, in article 59bb629f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Snow_leopard@officeformac.com" <Snow_leopard@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel > run excel 2008 on mac snow leopard 2 g memory i upgrade t...

Is it a memory leak
AoA I have used standard template library in one of my applications. I belive that memory leaks are due to stl components, mainly string. i wrote a sample program in VC 6.0 that clearly shows memory leaks in stl wstring str = L""; for( int a = 0 ; a < 100000 ; a++ ) { str += L"int"; } str.str.erase( str.begin() , str.end() ); str = L"int"; i wrote this code against a button in dialog based application. Before clicking the button, the memory usage is 3MB and after this code it is 17MB although i believe it should have been bac...

Exchange memory utilization
Is there any documentation detailing the exchange 2003 memory utilization , especially in coordination with the max store size. thanks CR What do you want to know? Exchange will use all the memory it can in the box, up to 4GB, for caching, and this isn't a function of store size. It will release memory so that other processes can get what they need. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "MSNews" <Craig@nowhere.org> wrote in message news:etwPVF%23RHHA.4832@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there any documentati...

Automation question
I'd like to receive events from an automation server to my client app. Not sure how this is done. Can some one please help me out. The COM/Automation server is an application called QTerm. I've created my wrapper classes for each interface one being the events interface, but I'm not sure how I implement that into me mfc application. Thanks Tom tawright915 wrote: > I'd like to receive events from an automation server to my client app. > Not sure how this is done. Can some one please help me out. The > COM/Automation server is an application called QTerm. > &...

Question: Nearly Empty, But Still Full Hard Drive
I have a Dell XPS-Z 866Mhz Pentium 3, with 384mb and a 20Gig hard drive, which is running a fresh install of Windows XP. For some reason even though I've transferred about 1 gig worth of files back to the drive it is almost full, causing the reminders to keep popping up. Before I re-installed windows XP I had the same problem, and even thought I deleted all I could the hard drive would begin to fill up again for no discernible reason. And this is definitely not the first time I've had this problem. Can anyone list the things that would cause this, and what I could try to c...

Out of Memory
I am using Excel 2000. Operating system is MS 2000. Ram = 512. I am running a large Excel file 65,536 rows by 24 columns. The columns may expand somewhat; say 5 extra rows as the Macro runs. The Excel file links to another Excel file to do some vlookups. Some formatting is going on as well as Paste Special Value. I get an out of error message and Excel stops. If I only have 50,000 rows it works fine. I have increased the virtual memory to the maximum, same thing. Any suggestions???? Hi, There are only 65536 rows in a worksheet. You cannot use all the rows. Split your sheet into sevra...

memory growing spreadsheet
Hi Again I have another query- For some reason when working on a spreadsheet it can start with say, 925kb in size,I do a couple of changes, then "Wolla" 10+mb It only happens every now and again, but I have tried copy then paste special, taken all macro's out, save as a different name,copy sheet into different book, but still can't bring it back down in size, "Hu" I even took my changes back out What is going on? John .. Hi John, What are you doing? Whatever it is, I think I'd want to do something else. But I haven't any hint what to avoid doing &...

Contacts Question
When switching views between Card View and Phone List the Phone List sorts fine but selects the last row in the table. How can I get the first row to be selected? I've tried all I can and it just don't want to do it! Thanks, James I found that it's a normal behavior of Outlook. Thanks, James -----Original Message----- From: JamesJ [mailto:jjy@adellphia.net] Posted At: Friday, August 13, 2004 8:13 Posted To: microsoft.public.outlook Conversation: Contacts Question Subject: Contacts Question When switching views between Card View and Phone List the Phone List sorts fine but ...

Question about how to use range in VBA
Hello, I am trying to cut and paste one range from one sheet to the same range in a different sheet. I used the following code: Range(Cells(startrow, 1), Cells(endrow, 12)).Select Selection.Copy Worksheets("SUMM").Activate Range(Cells(startrow, 1), Cells(endrow, 12)).Select --- ERROR HERE ActiveSheet.Paste This code gives me an error where indicated: Application defined or Object defined error Notice that I use the exact same line of code three lines earlier and I get no error. If I change my code to read as Range(Cells(startrow, 1), Cells(endrow, 12)).Sel...

Is this a memory leak?
Hi, I am trying to figure out why a program keep consuming more memory the longer that it runs. I tried detecting a memory leak using the CMemoryState object. I find that the program is using more memory after executing this line: PullComma(sData); The source for PullComma is: //======================================================================= void PullComma(CString& string) // Remove comma from start of string //======================================================================= { Strip(string); if (string.IsEmpty()) return; if (string.GetAt(0) == ',') string =...

CPU usage, memory and virtual memory
Hello, On certain occasions, some applications can consume close to 100% cpu usage and freeze up the machine. But some apps can consume 100% cpu, but allow you to work on other applciations. What is the difference? Is it the memory and virtual memory consumption? Number ofpage faults? I am working on a multithreaded MFC application, which freezes up the machine (when it does some computations). A look at the task manager tells me it consumes 99% cpu and a lot of memory and virtual memory space. I would like to make sure that when my applciation computes, it does it as fast as possible and it...

CWinThread and Memory Leaks.
I want to have a simple progress bar displayed whilst my MFC application is doing a lengthy operation. To do this, I am creating a user interface thread which displays a dialog containing a progress bar control. This is implemented using two classes: class CProgressDlg : public CDialog class CProgressThread : public CWinThread The CProgressThread class has a member variable: CProgressDlg m_Dlg; At the start of the lengthy operation I create a new instance of CProgressThread, and set the m_bAutoDelete member TRUE before calling CProgressThread::CreateThread(); In CProgressThread::InitInst...

Question on Date & Time handling
In a spreadsheet with raw data, there is a column that contains data that Excel shows as a date and time (10/6/2007 11:08:00 AM). While I can format the cells to only show the date, the raw data still contains the time element. Since I want to create a Pivot Table by date, I need to strip out the time element so that I can perform analysis by date - the time is irrelevant. Formatting the cell as a number reveals: 39361.4638888889 What can I do top remove the time element so only the date remains? Thanks, David In an adjacent column, add a formula of =MOD(A1,1) format that as da...

Nested if question
In the cell where the formula resides, I get a FALSE result. My intention is that I get a message that says "No Deprec. this yr". My formula is as follows: =IF(B36<$D$23,IF(E36<D36,(1/C36*D36),"No Dep. This yr")) If anyone can tell me where I am going wrong, please let me know. Thanks everyone! -- dakotasteve ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dakotasteve's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5446 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=468001 Without ...

Beginner Questions on localizing Dialog Data.....
All, I have a app that has one entry point for users to enter their username and password. Currently its a dialog that uses a CString. This app needs to be converted to Chinese and I am having problems with the values coming in. What data type should the text values be for the Dialog Data? Thanks, Chris SolomonMan > What data type should the text values be for the Dialog Data? May be I am missign something, but you already are using a CString for it. Why is it not sufficient? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com I agree with Ajay. If you're going to use MFC you may...

Accessing physical memory through PC/104 bus
Hello all. We need to access (read/write) memory on devices (cards) attached to PC/104 bus. Operating system: Microsoft Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Target processor: Advantech PCM-3375 (x86 architecture) http://www.advantech.com/products/PCM-3375/mod_1-2JKGWQ.aspx We were using operating system QNX 4.25 before, now we plan to migrate our code to WinCE6. Under QNX, we were accessing the memory using block of code similar to this one: { int addr =3D 0xd9080; // physical address on card unsigned long size =3D 0x1000; // size of block to access unsigned char...

VLOOKUP/HLOOKUP Question
Hi, I am trying to get Excel to look up a certain value from a small tabl of values and have tried using the VLOOKUP/HLOOKUP functions but can' get them to do exactly what I want. Here is how the spreadsheet looks: Recommended Tank Size: 4400 litres Range of Tank Sizes Available (litres): 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000, 8000, 9000, 10000 Basically their is an algorithm which calculates the "Recommended Tan Size" and then Excel is supposed to look up the nearest but nex -largest- value from the "Range of Tank Sizes Available" table. The problem I am havin...

Memory leak?
Hello Group, How can I be sure that I don't have memory leak in my dialog based app? Thanks in advance, Geo Hi > > How can I be sure that I don't have memory leak in my > dialog based app? > > Thanks in advance, > Geo you can use CMemoryState MFC class. Regards, Robert Thank you Robert. >-----Original Message----- >Hi >> >> How can I be sure that I don't have memory leak in my >> dialog based app? >> >> Thanks in advance, >> Geo > >you can use CMemoryState MFC class. > >Regards, Robert > > >....