Maximum number of attachments to an email message in Outlook 2003?

Is there a maximum number of attachments (word documents) to an email
message?

I have clients that have their work returned to them but do not have them
zipped because of the automated process at their end.  However the some
documents were missing and it looks like anything of 30 attachments gets
"missed".

Does anyone know the maximum number allowed?

Help gratefully received.

0
A.Hurdman (5)

I've been known to send 60-80 spam messages to our Exchange admin w/no
problems.  Not knowing the e-mail system(s) involved, I'm thinking you might
be hitting message size limitations, file(s) being stripped due to
administrative reasons, .etc.

"Annabel Hurdman" <A.Hurdman@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Is there a maximum number of attachments (word documents) to an email
> message?
>
> I have clients that have their work returned to them but do not have them
> zipped because of the automated process at their end.  However the some
> documents were missing and it looks like anything of 30 attachments gets
> "missed".
>
> Does anyone know the maximum number allowed?
>
> Help gratefully received.

0
Neo (372)
11/28/2006 1:18:05 AM
It's happening using Outlook 2003 SP2.

"neo [mvp outlook]" <neo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've been known to send 60-80 spam messages to our Exchange admin w/no
> problems.  Not knowing the e-mail system(s) involved, I'm thinking you
> might be hitting message size limitations, file(s) being stripped due to
> administrative reasons, .etc.
>

> "Annabel Hurdman" <A.Hurdman@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>> Is there a maximum number of attachments (word documents) to an email
>> message?
>>
>> I have clients that have their work returned to them but do not have them
>> zipped because of the automated process at their end.  However the some
>> documents were missing and it looks like anything of 30 attachments gets
>> "missed".
>>
>> Does anyone know the maximum number allowed?
>>
>> Help gratefully received.

0
A.Hurdman (5)
11/28/2006 1:05:37 PM
Annabel Hurdman wrote:
> It's happening using Outlook 2003 SP2.

But what is the total size of the entire message, including attachments?
0
gbplinux (1141)

Email Prompt
We would like to set up a prompt on Outlook whenever we create a new message or reply/forward a message. The reminder will be a short sentance to remind the sender to comply with internal security measures. We have very high security measures in place already, but we understand that employees still send sensitive material via email without taking the relevant steps - we hope this prompt would solve the issue without buying in a new system? See the ItemSent event. There use the MsgBox function to prompt the user. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Categor...

Error number: 0x800ccc0e
Why am I getting this right after installing Outlook 2000? It was a gift. I have had no success trying to get info from the knowledge base. Nothing has changed except installing Office 2000. I configured everything just as I had previous. Going back to Outlook Express I get the same error. What is going on? Same story here. And I would love to just be able to go back to OE at this point. Darla >-----Original Message----- >Why am I getting this right after installing Outlook 2000? >It was a gift. I have had no success trying to get info >from the knowledge base. Nothing ...

Trying to find out which numbers occure most often
I�m giving exams to students and want to see if the students are missin the same questions in every class. I have a simple spreadsheet tha has me enter the question number into the column each time a questio is missed. The MODE function can tell me which number is occurrin most often. However, I need to see if there is any other numbers tha are occurring often as well. Is there a command that will allow me to look at the second mos entered number? For example, if I have 5,3,3,2,3,4,3,4,1,3,4, my mod would be 3 as that�s the number that repeats the most. However, happens 3 times and that...

outlook.exe not terminating
I'm running Office XP with Outlook 2002 under Windows XP Pro, current as of today, except that I have reverted the IE update to the previous version of mshtml.dll that scrolls correctly (this has had no effect on the problem I am about to describe). I typically have a lot of applications running - no big deal as I have a 3.04 P4 with 1GB of memory. A problem that happens several times a day is that outlook.exe remains in the Task Manager process list after I shut Outlook down. In older versions, there used to be a message that said "Please wait while Outlook shuts down&qu...

Runtime Error when closing OUTLOOK 2k

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2