Master Category List

I there a way I can have everyone Outlook pull the Master Category list from
the Exchange server or is this something that must be maintained at each
workstation?

0
John.Doe1 (116)

More info here:
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olcat.htm

--
PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~
  -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)

"M.Siler" <John.Doe@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
>I there a way I can have everyone Outlook pull the Master Category list
>from
> the Exchange server or is this something that must be maintained at each
> workstation?

0
patrickareed (498)

Creating lists for Birthdays/Aniversaries
Thank you Nicole for pointing this out. I copied and modified the event view with a filter/advanced/ condition to scan Birthdays that fall in the current month. This works great. But I noticed that I cannot use 'OR' condition. Is there a way to do 'OR' conditions such as Birthdays this month or Anniversaries this month? Thank you again. V Nicole wrote: > If you want to create a contact list for Birthdays, why > don't you use the Filter option on the View menu? > > I would change the view first by selecting View/Current > View/Events. After that I wo...

Linking Custom Tabs to Pick List/Pull Down Menu
Hello all! 1) I have made a custom Tab called 'End User' on my Account form. 2) In the General Tab the 'relationship type' field is a Pick List/Pull Down Menu. I would like my custom tab 'End User' to only be visible when a specific selection from the 'relationship type' field is made. So, when some one makes the relationship type in the general tab of an account equal to value 'x' (in this case the value is called 'end user')... only then do I want this custom tab to be visible. Is this kind of link possible? Thanks!! Eric ...

Charts
In the next version of Excel, I would like Excel charts to allow me to align value data labels, category data labels and series data labels idenpendently of one another. For example, I should be able use the Format Data Series dialogue box to align the category data labels with the "Inside Base" setting while aligning the value labels with the "Outside End" setting. -- Stuart Bratesman, Jr., MPP Muskie School of Public Service Univ. of Southern Maine Portland, Maine ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions w...

Master Post - Financial Series
Hello, we have Post TO GL so after posting in the sub series, there are batches in the Financial series that need to be posted. But how do I view the transactions that make up those batches? When I mark / unmark a line and click the Batch ID hyperlink then the Transaction button, it doesn't display any transactions. What is the best way to review the transactions that make up a batch in Master Post - Financial Series? Thanks, MP MP, The same Batch Entry window opens from Master Posting as from any other area in GP. When you click on the Transactions button, you have ...

How to hide GAL and replace with custom lists ...
Hi all. We do not want all users on the Exchnage 2003 system to be able to see all other Exchnage users on the system. I want to: - Disable or hide the GAL - Add new Global Address Lists filtered on a parameter (already done this and it works fine) - Have certain groups use ONLY the list associated to their group! I have been racking my brain for days, but I am no closer. Any help out there? Thanks. Can I do this using Policies? I have structured the AD so that each Group I want segemented from the other groups is in it's own tree in the AD. Is it possible to set a policy on ...

MS Publisher: How to change master pages w/o opening the master?
I have numerous different master pages that work in all of my documents. I would like to change master pages in a document without having to open the master page. Is there any kind of shortcut keys. Cuttently I have to hit "ctrl m" then close the master to get the "apply master page" window open to change masters. Doesn't the Master Page task pane open? Right-click the toolbar, customize, view, drag the Master Page to the toolbar. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JimO" <JimO@d...

Update Master Project
Hello, I have two Projects located in the same folder. They are named Master and KTR Updates. Is it possible to use vba to update the master Project with updates from the KTR Updates project? Each week I receive a new KTR updates project from KTR production. I've queried this group for this issue but was not able to locate one. Updates could possibly include updates in progress(% compl), start, finish, actual start, actual finish. Updates may also have completed tasks removed from the KTR updates Project as well as new tasks added. I'm primarily interested in acq...

Outlook Distribution list using Net Folders
When using Net Folders to share a newly created Distribution list no recipients show-up after sending to any group members. The group members I have listed, under the shared folder, have editorial permissions. When a group member, who received the Distribution list, tries to send e-mail, the following error reads: the personal distribution list must contain recipients. Only after one of the group members adds the recipients into the Distribution List does it work. But this was already done when the Distribution list was created. Need help!!! ...

MS CRM Install & Config Master Certification
I am planning to get the "CRM Installation & Config Master Certification".... I already took the three "base" Certification Exams for CRM...(plus I already have Exam 70-228 on SQL Server) Micrsoft (US Site) states that you need 4 exams (and this would mean I am already certifided right now), but the Italian sub-site says you need 6 exams to get this certification... I alreday wrote to MBS group in order to get a clarification, but no reply until now... Is any of you certified on CRM? if yes, which certification and how many exams did you take??? regards, Antoni...

master template
Hi, I believe there is a way to do this but it's been quite a while since I've had to do anything like it. Is there a way to create one template datasheet as a 'master' sheet and then have several copies of the master. Whatever changes occur in the master will flow into the copies? Thanks Derek It really depends on *exactly* what your meaning of "copies" is. If you're talking about opening a 'copy' of the template, adding data and/or calculating, then *saving* under a different name in a pertinent (read other then template folder), AFAIK, the an...

Creating an email list
I have a column of email addresses, and I want to combine them all into one cell seperated by commas. I want to make an group email list that I can just copy into an email without having to enter each individual emaill address. Say your email list is in column C starting in C1. In D1 enter "=C1" without the quotes. In D2 enter =D1&","&C2. Drag this formula down as far as your email list goes. The last cell will show all the emails. HTH Otto "ILunacy" <ILunacy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59C0E067-1E04-4FE2-B1...

Sharing Contact Categories in public folders on an exchange server
I'm new to Outlook and Exchange Servers and am trying to get up to speed on Sharing and Creating Contact Folders, and Categories. If a User creates a new contact folder or a new category within a public folder are they visible to all who have access to the public folder? If so, is there access limited to visibility or can they edit or add a contact to the folder and assign a category? Whether a user can add/edit folders or contacts depends on the permissions you give the user. Categories are added to the user's master category list, which isn't visible for ot...

Distribution list is too large..
We have a problem... We have change from ordinary POP3 to Exchange 2003. Some of the users have distribution-list with +200 contacts which have been working fine before converting to Exchange 2003. Now the distribution-list's still in there "contacts" but they cannot add og rename to the list. Only delete. Soloutions..? /P. Lauridsen (Denmark) There is a functional limit on DL membership. What is the exact error they get? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;238569 Nesting DLs might help. "P. Lauridsen" wrote: > We have a problem... We...

how to print a master sheet together with another sheet
i need to print a master sheet with a result sheet it is in the same workbook but on a different sheet but i need to print them on one sheet ...

Drop Down Lists #9
I am trying to compare Region, Person, Year growth rate for a three year span in 19 different categories in two different colums. In my Excel Spreadsheet I am using Drop Down Validation list, (Region 1 2007 vs Region 1 2008,etc.) in two different columns, with the rate (percentage of growth) in a column between them. The problem is what formula or combination of formulas do I use to get different years when changed to reference the same cell? Example: 2006 vs 2007 answer in one cell, then if I switch 2005 vs 2007 I want the answer to appear in same cell because the categoires in the clo...

LIST OF "WINDOWS 7" NEWSGROUPS (Windows7, Win7)
Where is 'Windows7" Nesgroup? This question is being asked here (on microsoft.public.windows.vista.general): methodically, weekly (if not more often), so it became a "sticky note" everyone is tired of answering. Some of us feel that the question is repeated by people too lazy to Google or learn for themselves. Let's answer this question once & for ALL, only problem I can't make this Article a "sticky note" also (unlike the question - ironically), let's hope these people can SEARCH & LOCATE my answer, here it goes: ***************...

Is it possible to add Categories for transactions in Money Essenti
I have been using msmoney 2004 on my lap top. Decided to start keeping this program on my new TouchSmart. Downloaded Money Essential 2008. Was I surprised at the changes!! Is there any way to add categories to keep better track of transactions? The ones included are just too basic for someone trying to track expenses for 3 households. If this isn't possible...what is the most current year (2005, 2006) that still offers the 2004 format? In microsoft.public.money, SLC wrote: >I have been using msmoney 2004 on my lap top. Decided to start keeping this >program on my new TouchSma...

Unwanted fields in a distribution list
I am trying to send out a mass e-mail, and have even tried it through creating a distribution list. When I choose which address book to send it from, my contacts come up twice. Once with an e-mail, and once with a fax, under the e-mail column as well. I have checked, and do not have duplicates, and when initially mapping these fields from excel to outlook, the fields are correct. I only see duplicates when pulling contacts from the address book in the "create new e-mail" screen. Margo <Margo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to send out a mass e-mai...

master
What is meant by master and master shorcut in Microsoft Visio? A Master is a shape definition. It stores all the information about a shape: it's geometry, text, behaviors, formatting, custom properties, etc. It also stores the icon you see in the Shapes window. When you open a drawing and see shapes in the Shapes window, you are looking at Masters. You can drag a Master onto the drawing to create a Shape instance. The difference between a Master and a Shape is not that important to most users, and we often refer to both items as shapes. If you begin to create your own shapes, M...

Data Validation with a list that varies in size
I have created a template spreadsheet for a non-technical user On one tab, I have a comparison between Golfer A and Golfer B. On the front tab, there is a list of all the golfers for a particular weekend. I left 24 slots open. However, there is no requirement that all 24 are used. How do I eliminate blank rows from my dropdown list if that dropdown is filled with a Named Range and that range is defined as a column of 24 (potential) name cells. For example, if I have a Range of 24 cells A2:A25 (A1 = "Name") defined as GolferList, but only A2:A11 are filled, I want my dropdown list ...

Dual Categories listing
Money used to hat the option for Dual Categories listing in the entries. Where did it go??? I would very much like it back! Change back to Money 2004 "DSJr" <DSJr@discussions.microsoft.com> escreveu na mensagem news:34E95DA3-CC39-4FCC-8F9F-0DEC55DE37E8@microsoft.com... > Money used to hat the option for Dual Categories listing in the entries. > > Where did it go??? I would very much like it back! > > See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. "DSJr" <DSJr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34E95DA3-CC39-4FCC-8F9F-0DEC55D...

Control of Customer/ Vendor Masters
Hi, This is a query regarding control of Customer/ Vendor Masters. We are using GP 7.50. After creation of a customer/ vendor master, you cannot alter the key field which in this case is the customer/ vendor number. However you can change the name of the customer/vendor in the card. We have given rights to a staffer to create new customers, but she now has the rights to change the names of existing customers. This was not the intention. Is there a way to allow her to create new customer, but prevent alteration of old customer cards? Thanks in advance Carl Field level security might...

Counting occurences in a list
If I have a list of dates and states as follows: a b 1 date result 2 4/1/2005 excellent 3 4/1/2005 excellent 4 4/2/2005 excellent 5 4/3/2005 very good 6 4/4/2005 excellent 7 4/4/2005 good 8 4/4/2005 excellent 9 4/5/2005 excellent 10 4/5/2005 excellent x y 1 excellent =countif(a1:b5,x1) This will return the count of the days on which I received an excellent. In this case 3. Similarly I can use dcounta ...

convert slide master to title master
Hello, I am moving slides between decks, and the slide and title master have become "disconnected". I have two slide masters, and no title master. Is there a way to reconnect them without having to build the title again? Which version of PPT are you using? If it's 2003, you might just want to add a title master to the 2nd slide master (which is really your title master, right?). It should look pretty similar to the slide master, so maybe you don't have to rebuild so much. Then go to Format | Slide Design and choose the 2nd slide master -- right-click it ...

Category Groups #7
I am using Money 2005, and have found pretty much all the category groups I need, except for a couple. Is there any way to create a category group? I have plenty of categories, but would like different groups. Thanks, BDC See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=20. "BDC" <BDC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F49AF868-9FA5-43F1-9A9C-63B89444135E@microsoft.com... >I am using Money 2005, and have found pretty much all the category groups I > need, except for a couple. Is there any way to create a category group? > I > have plenty of categories, but...