mass emails...... outlook showing sent but not received by anyone

New computor....I must have something set up different than before in Outlook
because the email blast appears to have been sent (shows in sent file) but
not received.  I have been sending this blast successfully for several years,
but with new computor having troubles.  Any ideas?
0
teenamina (2)

is your SMTP server blocking them as spam? or their server treating them as
spam?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"teenamina" <teenamina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> New computor....I must have something set up different than before in
> Outlook
> because the email blast appears to have been sent (shows in sent file) but
> not received.  I have been sending this blast successfully for several
> years,
> but with new computor having troubles.  Any ideas?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
10/16/2006 9:38:37 PM
How would I check the setting on the SMTP?  Also, I send the blast to myself
at another email address, as well as my husband to test....niether of us
receive it so I don't think the problem is on the receiving end.
Thanks for your help.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> is your SMTP server blocking them as spam? or their server treating them as
> spam?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> "teenamina" <teenamina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > New computor....I must have something set up different than before in
> > Outlook
> > because the email blast appears to have been sent (shows in sent file) but
> > not received.  I have been sending this blast successfully for several
> > years,
> > but with new computor having troubles.  Any ideas?

0
teenamina (2)
10/16/2006 10:28:02 PM
> How would I check the setting on the SMTP?  Also, I send the blast
> to myself
> at another email address, as well as my husband to test....niether
> of us
> receive it so I don't think the problem is on the receiving end.
> Thanks for your help.
>

> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> is your SMTP server blocking them as spam? or their server treating
>> them as
>> spam?
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/

>> "teenamina" <teenamina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > New computor....I must have something set up different than
>> > before in
>> > Outlook
>> > because the email blast appears to have been sent (shows in sent
>> > file) but
>> > not received.  I have been sending this blast successfully for
>> > several
>> > years,
>> > but with new computor having troubles.  Any ideas?

Turn on the troubleshooting logging in Outlook.  Then check the log to
see if your e-mail server accepted your message.  If so then you no
longer have any control over its delivery.  Could be you have gotten
blacklisted.  Could be your e-mail provider changed their quotas and
have lowered the max-recipients-per-message quota, or they are now
implementing outbound spam filtering and all your same-content, large
number of e-mails are seen as outbound spam that they refuse to let
out of their mail server (but, I would suspect, you would get a
non-delivery report back from your mail server).

I a single instance of an e-mail makes it to a test mailbox then the
path for sending mails is working.  So it comes back to you doing mass
mailings probably from a "personal" account and hitting your
provider's anti-spam quotas, so you'll have to ask them about your
troubles.  We don't know how you perform your mailing "blast".  Could
be you simply put way too many recipients into a single message.
Could be you use MailMerge or some other bulk mail client that sends
them out individually but then maybe you hit a
max-mail-sessions-per-minute anti-spam quota.

0
vanguard (15)

stop creating email link when @ sign is present
I want to stop the autoformatting when the @ sign is used in a field. How can I stop excel from automatically creating an email link when the @ sign is in a cell? Gregg, This feature can be turned OFF under Tools, AutoCorrect, the second tab, AutoFormat as You Type, unclick the first option Internet and Network Paths with Hyperlinks http://HelpExcel.com "gregg" wrote: > I want to stop the autoformatting when the @ sign is used in a field. How can > I stop excel from automatically creating an email link when the @ sign is in > a cell? gregg You don't say whic...

Multiple email addresses #2
How can I switch between email addresses. Business and home What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't have separate modes.) -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Matt" <k3msb@wowway.com> wrote...

Emails containing emails as attachments
Hello all - I've got a mildly irritating problem with CRM 3.0: Customers occasionally send us an email that contains another email as an attachment. Using Outlook, you can see - and open - this attachment in the incoming Exchange mailbox, but the copy that is sent to the CRM system (using the email router) arrives without the attachment. Other attachment types - Word or Excel files, PDFs, etc - get through to CRM without problems. Has anyone come across this problem before, and is there a way to fix it? Robert T. Fleming ...

Outlook 2002
One of my remote location users is experiencing a problem with Outlook 2002. While he's our most pc illiterate user - he's also the boss:) He is reporting that he can not send emails in Outlook, I had him do a Test Account Settings and he received the following error: Sending mail: "Specified server found but no response from the server" Any suggestions, help or tips? Thanks! Same problem here with Outlook 2003 and my ISP is Yahoo been waiting since 6/28 for them to reply to my query. Good luck!. >-----Original Message----- >One of my remote location users is...

>1000 Messages deleted from sent folder (PST File)
Hello everybody, I have had more than 1000 messages deleted from the sent folder of my default PST file. Just discovered that and did not understand how it happened. I checked the "deleted item recovery" tool of Outlook without any result. I am using Outlook 2000 connected to Exchange 2000 mailbox under Windows 2000 SP4. Please help. Thanks in advance. Karim AutoArchive perhaps?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administ...

Error sending emails
Hi Exchange 2003 on sbs2003. Users when send emails, get this sort of message; Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: ......... Sent: 09/08/2004 09:33 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: user@somedomain.com on 09/08/2004 09:38 There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <theicebox.com #5.5.0 smtp;530 authentication required - for help go to http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/pop/pop-11.html> Any idea where the problem lies? Thanks Regards ...

hyperlinks in emails
I was sent some messages with hyperlinks in them and can see that the url address is present but when I click on them the hyperlink, it won't open up. What is the problem? Please help. Thanks. ...

Error 1913 for win.ini when installing Outlook 2007 on Vista computer
Hi, I wanted to install a new clean copy of both Office 2007 Home & Student edition + Outlook 2007 on a Vista machine. Bought new full CDs for both. I previously had trial copy of Office 2007 which expired and I uninstalled it as the first step. I have managed to get a clean installation of Office 2007 but have been struggling for the last few days with the Outlook 2007 install. I get the "Error 1913 - set up cannot update file C:\Windows\Win.ini. Verify that the file exists and you have sufficient permissions to update the file". My pc is running Vista and I a...

Outlook 2003 Does not unload
Os: XP Professional Product: Outlook 2003 Office 2003 Pro Problem: Outlook is activated and works fine. When Outlook is closed/exited the Icon on the task bar next to the clock no longer functions. Right clicking or left clicking have no effect. The only way I can remove it is to use the Task manager and stop the process. I have: Used the Detect and Repair feature under the help menu. Did not work. Uninstalled and reinstalled the Outlook portion of Add/Remove module of the control panel. TIA Geo. Are all your add-ins Outlook 2003 compatible? Do you use any software tha...

Email #20
I've used every help resource I can find to send Email from Outlook 2002, but each time I try, I get a "The operation failed. An object could not be found" error message. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Center of Mass
Hello together, i have a 20*10 matrix with positive integer-values and I have to calculate the center of mass of this "volume". Should be easy in Excel...but what's the easiest way of doing it? Best Regards Gerhard Gerhard, What do the integer values represent, and what does the matrix represent? HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Gerhard" <Gerhard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46E76273-2824-457D-92E9-00AB0211AFAD@microsoft.com... > Hello together, > i have a 20*10 matrix with positive integer-values and I have to calculate > the center ...

Slow email sending
I have a user with the outlook client that is complaining that emails are not being sent out timely. He will create an email activity and it may take hours for it to actually go out. He has checked the outbox and sent items, and neither place shows the email. We have found that if you goes on-line, and then back off-line, he will get a sync error and the email will go out. Is this normal? What can I do to make the emails go immediately? Where is the email while it is waiting to be sent? TIA Tim Sounds like he is sending email while "offline". If that is the case, the email ...

Make messages email or word auto go to a contact when created from a contact
When I type a message to a contact using contacts how do I make the message apprear in notes or part of the contact with out copy paste Select the "Activities" tab of the Contact. Specify your issue if this is not what you mean. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003 Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my ...

Receiving emails with background color?
What is causing everyone's email to me to have a bright yellow background? I do not have Word as my default text editor. I want the emails to come back to me with a normal background. I realize some have stationary and this will come to me as such, but I am certain that not EVERYONE that has sent me email today has it set to come in a bright yellow background. Please help! did you change something in your windows theme? are any other windows (in other programs) affected? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? ht...

Spam filter in Outlook 2003
I thought the spam filter is good in Outlook 2003. But it seems not working. I have several mail accounts, and spams are ALL goes through the accounts without the spam filter (by default should be) working to sort the out. Is there something with some settings ? ...

How to see both inbound and outbound email for a user
I need to setup "monitoring" of an employees email activity. What do I do so that I can get both their outbound (sent) mail as well as inbound (to them) mail? Exchange 5.5 setup Message Journaling http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com: 80/support/kb/articles/Q239/4/27.ASP&NoWebContent=1 Exchange 2000 setup Message Archiving http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF011.html -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP "Phil Green" <Phil.Green@state.co.us> wrote in message news:gJpub.6$zu1.25022@news.uswest.net... > ...

Mass Delete
Some how I have created multiple listings for the same item. I think I made any error in importing a csv file. For example I have over 100 separate items with the same SKU (STNP-1) and desription. Is there a way to delete these as a bunch and not each single one. Thanks for any advice. Steve: Each item has a unique ID called the primary key even though you may have entered all of the other information multiple times. Pick one ID, call it X, to keep and delete the others with Tom's statement with the additional qualifier" AND ID <> X". "Steve" wrote: &g...

Copying emails to another email address
What steps do you have to take to get a copy of all your emails automatically sent to another email address? I work both out of my home and an office and when emails are sent to my email \ address, I would like one to go to my home email with a copy still in my work email address. In news:00e601c34710$a50394b0$a501280a@phx.gbl, Janie <sampeibo@sampe.org> typed: > What steps do you have to take to get a copy > of all your emails automatically sent to another > email address? I work both out of my home and an > office and when emails are sent to my email \ > address, I wo...

email troubles
-- The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'me@sgb.com'. Subject 'Emailing: scan0056', Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: &...

Outlook 2003/outgoing msgs to inbox?
How can I create a rule so that all messages I send are also copied into my inbox, rather than my sent mail file? Thanks in advance, Jo Create a rule with no selection criteria (Outlook will warn you that the rule will apply to all message) that copies sent mail to your Inbox. Turn off the option to save sent stuff to the Sent Items folder also. "MrsBB" <mrsbeeblebrock@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message news:1132870570.324317.263770@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > How can I create a rule so that all messages I send are also copied > into my inbox, rather than my sent ma...

How to show phonetic in Richedit
Hi there, I have a MFC application, and I need to show phonetic in Richedit. I know the font named lucida sans unicode can show phonetic, Although I set CHARFORMAT for richedit, I still cannot show phonetic in richedit correctly. Please help me! Thanks a lot! If you are talking about the latin letters with the accent marks then you will have to change your keyboard layout so that it types those chars, or cut and paste it into the edit control. AliR. "Hooyoo" <zhao_huyong@126.com> wrote in message news:1160547750.712079.314600@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Hi there, &...

emails to AOL returned
Hi, When I send an email to an AOL address within my outlook address book it is returned, undelivered with this message : Diagnostic-Code: smtp;554-: (HTM:B1) AOL has received many member complaints regarding the?? sender of this email and/or the email content itself.?? AOL will no longer accept email from this sender. 554 TRANSACTION FAILED I have been assured that my emails have not been barred from the reciprients and I do not distribute spam or anything. I have run my anti virus just to make sure there is nothing lurking on my pc and Iam running norton firewall too and I have a ...

Outlook 2003 video email add in
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx? FamilyId=4F1C4207-8124-46EB-ACC9- A01D7EC946E0&displaylang=en Does not work. Clicking on the video message icon in the tool bar immediatly generates a small pop up that says "The fatal error occured". Not "a" fatal error, but "the" fatal error. Ooohh. Nice ...

slow emails
Hi there, I've got a strange problem. We are running Exchange 2000 on a Win 2000 server and ISA 2004 on a Win 2003 server. I can send emails out ok but when I try and receive them they seem to take around a day to come to my Inbox. Can someone give me some pointers on when I could look for a solution? Thanks, Steve. This happens from multiple external domains? Check Message Tracking, STMP logs and message header. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com>...

email attachments
Why is Word 2007 opening all my email attachments? It probably isn't. Outlook 2007 has a new text editor that looks just like Word 2007, but it is in reality a separate text editor in its own .dll package. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "josie" <josie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5961A60C-462F-4CBA-A276-4A8D0F7FB1F5@microsoft.com... > Why is Word 2007 opening all my email attachments? It depends on which file of file or file extension the attachment is. Each type of file extension (*.txt, *.doc etc.) has a default program. It ...