Mass changing of due dates possible with tasks?

There are times when at the end of a day, I want to move all the unfinished
tasks to the next day. Is there any way to select these tasks and en masse
change their due date or must I edit them one-by-one?

You can use the group drag technique described at
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/searchreplacecompany.htm

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Krista" <kristalinski@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> There are times when at the end of a day, I want to move all the
> unfinished
> tasks to the next day. Is there any way to select these tasks and en masse
> change their due date or must I edit them one-by-one?

0
suemvp (4039)

Change (reverse) scale axis
How can you change the direction of the numbers on the page scale. In other words, the scales are on the left and the top of the page. The left scale starts at zero on the bottom of the page and counts up. The scale on the top of the page starts at zero on the left side of the page and counts to the right. How do you change it so that the scale starts on the right and counts to the left? Thanks. You can't. The best you can do is move the zero point. Pause your mouse over the crosshairs in the ruler at the top-right for a tooltip on how to do this. So you could put the origin ...

How do you keep the data table format from changing
I have tried all sorts of methods to keep this data from changing it's format when it is emailed to another recipient. Help ...

how to?: change which folders are searched in find related context menu
Hello, When you right click on a message and do "find all"->"related messages" or "find all"->"from user", you're basically just starting up an advanced search with some preselected options. One of the preselects is which folders outlook does the search in. How do I change this ? and/or add my own searches? (basically, i'd like to search in inbox and all subfolders) Many Thanks, Alex PS: cross posting....let me know if there's an appropriate group for this sorta question. There is not an option to extend that list. What you c...

Column size keeps changing
Using OL2003 In a custom view I have many columns with carefully chosen sizes for each. This remained unchanged as long as I didn't resize them in OL2002. With the new 2003 version, when I click on Help for instance it opens up a sidebar to the right of the screen with the search fields and results and squeezes the view into the left hand pane.. When I close Help, my custom view is "restored" but the columns are all changed. Help! ...

Dynamic Charting By Dates
This is in reference to Jon Peltier's article on dyamic charts. http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=246 My question is the example given is using data that goes down a column. Column A is the dates, Column B is the data, ect... My data flows across rows, so all my dates are in row 1 and the data is in row2. I would like some help converting Mr. Peltiers technique to fit my need. This code needs to go across a row instead of down a column. =OFFSET(AllDates,MATCH(StartDate,AllDates,1)-1,0,MATCH(EndDate,AllDates,1)-MATCH(StartDate,AllDates,1)+1,1) As well as...

How do I change number formating to start at 0001?
Every time that I try to change the number format I can only start at 01. I must start my numbering at 0001 and shy of manually typing in every number ( I need 2400) I don't know how to do it. Can anyone help? Thanx. Use custom format 0000 type 1,2 etc -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Rita and Matt" <Rita and Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F2E186F-07C1-49AA-B52B-24C14136F2DC@microsoft.com... > Every time that I try to change the number format I can only start at 01. > I > must start my numbering at 0001 and shy of manually typing ...

Center of Mass
Hello together, i have a 20*10 matrix with positive integer-values and I have to calculate the center of mass of this "volume". Should be easy in Excel...but what's the easiest way of doing it? Best Regards Gerhard Gerhard, What do the integer values represent, and what does the matrix represent? HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Gerhard" <Gerhard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46E76273-2824-457D-92E9-00AB0211AFAD@microsoft.com... > Hello together, > i have a 20*10 matrix with positive integer-values and I have to calculate > the center ...

Mass Delete
Some how I have created multiple listings for the same item. I think I made any error in importing a csv file. For example I have over 100 separate items with the same SKU (STNP-1) and desription. Is there a way to delete these as a bunch and not each single one. Thanks for any advice. Steve: Each item has a unique ID called the primary key even though you may have entered all of the other information multiple times. Pick one ID, call it X, to keep and delete the others with Tom's statement with the additional qualifier" AND ID <> X". "Steve" wrote: &g...

How to change tick mark labels in z axis from values to texts?
I am drawing a column chart for the dynamic scales in a music piece. Data value in the z axis refers to other customary names (texts). For example, 7 represents ff (fortissimo), 6 represents f (forte), 5 for mf (mezzo forte), etc. I want to show these customary names instead of the values in the labels. Could anybody teach me how to change these tick mark labels in z axis from values to texts? One correction. The labels I want to change is in the Y axis. Thanks. "Flroa" wrote: > I am drawing a column chart for the dynamic scales in a music piece. Data > value in the z...

Changing a control on a subform?
I am trying to turn some controls in a subform on or off by using a check box on the main form, can�t get it to work Here is the code on the check box click event Private Sub ckShowAWIPrice_Click() If Me.ckShowAWIPrice = -1 Then Me!frmDataSubform.Form!txtStandardBond.Visible = True Me!frmDataSubform.Form!txtStandardNet.Visible = False End If End Sub i'm guessing that "frmDataSubform" is the name of the form (that you're using as a subform) as it shows in the database window. is it also the name of the *subform control within the main form*? your expression has ...

Cannot accept change in appointment
Hello, I cannot accept a change in an appointment. Person 1 creates an appointment and sends in to persons 2 and 3. Then person 2 changes the appointment but person 3 cannot accept this change because outlook says the request is too old. How can i make certain the person 3 can accept this change? We work with outlook 2003 and exchange 2003. Auke Bijlsma Deltaisis ...

mass mailing causes system to become a bottleneck
Good Day, We running exchange 2003, once a week we send a mass amiler to roughly 1000 recipients with a 1mb attachment. Whenever this happens the exchange server and internet because a bottleneck and end users are not able to do any work for hours at a time. Is there any other method we can use to send these messages? Is there anything I can do on exchange that would prioritize the traffic? Any help would be appreciated. Ray How are you sending this message? Are you using Outlook and BCC? You can defer the sending of the message by selecting Tools > Options > Do not deliver...

Is there an automatic way to change numbers such as 12312001 to da
I have imported a lot of dates from an old notepad file, but they came accross as a numbers ex: December 31, 2001 is 12312001. each cell has a number. I have formated the cells as dates, but will not recognize as a date unless I insert / / in each cell. Is there an automatic way to change the numbers to a date????????? Hi for an addin see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.QDEDownload.html "LMW" wrote: > I have imported a lot of dates from an old notepad file, but they came > accross as a numbers ex: December 31, 2001 is 12312001. each cell has a > number. I have ...

mass modify
In version 9.0 the GL Mass Modify option does not copy or move the GL account description from the source account. Instead it creates its own description from the account segment descriptions. Is there any way that the mass modify can copy the correct description. This is a big issue for our company because we have more than 50,000 accounts. And it will be impossible for us to update each account description when a new division is created. ...

cell to change colour at given date
I have a cell in a spreadsheet into which I type a date. When the pc clock shows that the date in the cell is more that 30 days old I want the cell to turn red. How would I do that. Basic to many of you I am sure, but to someone who doesn't use this side of Excel, virtually impossible ! (I'm using Excel 97 if that makes any difference - but I presume not) Thanks in advance Tobit LOL - My pleasure. Glad you got sorted, and thanks for the feedback. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP...

How to mass convert Filename.eml to Filename.msg while keeping them in original subdirectories?
Does anyone know of a utility that walks an explorer directory and subdirectory converting every .eml file into a .msg file? My company has used Outlook express for 4 years, and we often copied emails to various Windows Explorer directories. After copying, we would often rename the .eml file -- for instance change "please help.eml" to "John Doe needs help with Outlook Express crashes.eml". Each e-mail copied resulted in an .eml file like "Hey Santa, here is my xmas list.eml" Find File .eml reveals that we have 3000 such files spread over 100 subdirectories. ...

Item Decimal Places Change
Hello, We recently found an issue with GP 7.5 Inventory. We were able to change an item set to 2 decimal places to 5. This condition will not allow a sale on this part until the Decimal place (IV00101 and IV00105 DECPLCUR) is changed back to 2 decimals. The fix requires the running of check links on the Inventory tables. I have detailed the steps that caused this issue below: 1. Open Item Maintenance 2. Enter Part Number 3. Click Lookup icon 4. In the Item screen, highlight the desired item number 5. Click Open 6. In Item Inquiry Screen click Item Number link 7. Click Item Maintenance...

How do I locate and change the template for emails
fredman <fredman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> State your Outlook version and use the big white space to ask your question in detail. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] you can't change the template, you can use stationery. if you want more details, we need to know more information - such as your version of outlook and if you are using the outlook editor or word if you aren't using outlook 2007. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook ...

return date format in function
function reads - ="Last Updated "&(MAX(MTD!I:I)) - is there any way to modify the function to the MAX value i'm looking for is read as a date? currently returns "Last Updated 40490", would like it to return "Last Updated 8-Nov-10" The Text function will do that. -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware .. .. .. "Matthew Dyer" <matthew.e.dyer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:3737667c-94dd-42bf-a69d-3db7f22c2ee0@u11g2000prn.googlegroups.com... function reads - ="Last Updated "&(MAX(MTD...

Changing Publisher Calendar
I have created a 2007 calendar using the 2003 version of Publisher. What I need is one continuous document with all 12 months, but what I have gotten instead is each month is on a tab at the bottom (like Excel does). Can I reformat this to make it one document, instead of being "chopped up" into 12 different documents? Or is there a way to create a 12 month calendar that is one continuous document? If your calendar pages are standard letter size, setup a page as a banner, copy/paste each month into the new publication and rotate 90 degrees. I don't know how helpful thi...

Is it possible to have If statements in a query?
Hello, I have a subform and in this suform I have a combobox field called "Category". In this combobox I have a select query that pulls the Category and TeamName. On the master form I have a floating combobox called Team. When I choose a team in this field I would like the subform combobox to be narrowed down a little as such if possible... If the Team field on the master form is Accounting I would like the Category combobox to be limitted to "Accounting" and "Other" team names. If the Team field on the master form is ESTABLISHMENT I need the Cate...

If function to evaluate if date is today or six months back
I've created the following function, which is not working. I'm trying to evaluate cell C2 (date) to identify if it is today() or six months back and return yes if it is or no if it isn't. I don't have a syntax error, but the following statement is not returning correct information - please help: =IF(AND(C2 = TODAY(),C2 < DATE(YEAR(NOW()),MONTH(NOW())-6,0)), "Yes", "No") Thank you! Hi, Am Wed, 18 Jan 2012 09:26:28 -0800 (PST) schrieb S Himmelrich: > =IF(AND(C2 = TODAY(),C2 < DATE(YEAR(NOW()),MONTH(NOW())-6,0)), "Yes", > "No&q...

Sales tax changes #2
Is there any method of changing sales tax for an item or overall sale while in POS? My need to be able to charge sales tax based on the customer's location only when we will deliver the goods to them. This is state law that will go into effect in mid-2005 for Ohio. The majority of our sales are cash and carry so the sales tax rate is setup in Store Manager on a per item basis. I didn't think changing to a per customer basis made sense for my situation. Thanks Bob, You will have to change to on a per customer basis and set the ship to state for taxable items. Also you c...

How do I change word spacing (two characters) to (one character)?
I have a word document which has word spacing (two characters), How do I change the word spacing to (one character) automatically preferably? Since the document is 70 plus pages doing it by using the "spell and grammar check" is going to take hours. I'm using word 2002. Look under Tools, Options, Spelling & Grammar, Settings button, Spaces required between sentences: change to 1. This will now indicate any sentence spacings that are more than 1 as a grammar error. To change the existing double spacing you can easily use the Replace function to change double sp...

Data Validation and Today's Date Probelm ?
I am new to data validation in Excel and would like to seek your advice on the following items 1) For a particular column, I would like end users to enter 6 numeric digit. I have tried to choose Decimal with min 6 & max 6 but doesn't work. Then I use "Whole Number with min 6 & max 6" but also doesn't work. What validation criteria should I use ? 2) End users don't like to enter "Today's Date" by themselves. I try to use the formula "=Today()". However, I believe the date in that cell will change every time we open the spreadsheet. Is ...