Marking a Message Private in Outlook 2003

I know you can mark all the messages you send as "private", but can you
mark just a single one?

0
smanfredi (7)

Reset your private option in the tools menu to "Normal" and then you
can choose for each new email in the options of this new email if it
should be private.

Best Regards
Peter

--
Peter Marchert
[EDP-Service Marchert]

Stars schrieb:

> I know you can mark all the messages you send as "private", but can you
> mark just a single one?

0
mpnews1 (26)
12/22/2006 8:10:27 PM
I believe using this feature only places a banner across the message
(maybe I'm wrong).

I know appointments have an area to mark the appointment as private,
what I'm looking for is sending a mail message to someone that is
marked in the same way and a delegate cannot open messages that are
marked private.  We are migrating from GroupWise 6.5 that had this
feature for all messages types; it basically locked them down unless
you gave that person reading rights on private items.  I do have admins
that have ALL access to executive's accounts. I may have to look for a
third party software.

Regards,
Susan

Peter Marchert wrote:
> Reset your private option in the tools menu to "Normal" and then you
> can choose for each new email in the options of this new email if it
> should be private.
>
> Best Regards
> Peter
>
> --
> Peter Marchert
> [EDP-Service Marchert]
> Homepage: Http://Www.Marchert.De
> Excel- And Outlook Programming
>
> Stars schrieb:
>
> > I know you can mark all the messages you send as "private", but can you
> > mark just a single one?

0
smanfredi (7)
12/22/2006 9:03:09 PM
In an open email message click the Options button in the Standard toolbar or
select View, Options. In the Options dialog select Private in the
Sensitivity drop-down. That's to make a single email private. The
Confidential setting also has visibility restrictions.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"Stars" <smanfredi@waddell.com> wrote in message
>I believe using this feature only places a banner across the message
> (maybe I'm wrong).
>
> I know appointments have an area to mark the appointment as private,
> what I'm looking for is sending a mail message to someone that is
> marked in the same way and a delegate cannot open messages that are
> marked private.  We are migrating from GroupWise 6.5 that had this
> feature for all messages types; it basically locked them down unless
> you gave that person reading rights on private items.  I do have admins
> that have ALL access to executive's accounts. I may have to look for a
> third party software.
>
> Regards,
> Susan

0
kenslovak (742)

Outlook 2002 security changes
I have an app that transfers appts from a package to outlook calendar. Has been working fine until I installed outlook 2002 Now I have to click OK on the "someone is attempting to access" message for every record being inserted. Can't seem to find a way to get rid of this WITHOUT buying exchange Server ...

error message #3
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel whenever I open any program in office I get this message "There is a problem with the dara base. Office might be unable to access the databaseor the data base file might be damaged. Without the data base you might not be able to use the address book and other features......personal information. To rebuild the data base open MS OFFICE/OFFICE then open MS DATA BASE UTILITY. For more info open the DATABASE UTILITY APPLICATION, and on HELP MENU, click the DATABASE UTILITY HELP. I do not know how to find. where to find an...

unable to open attachment w/long filename using Outlook Web Access
Environment: Exchange 2003, Outlook Web Access 2003 Problem: Experiencing a problem opening an attachment with a long filename. The result is "Page Not Found" when attempting to open long filename attachments. Work-Around: Save the document using 8 by 3 naming convention and attachment can be opened. Any thoughts? ...

Pictures in a message
Hi all, I've created an HTML message that contains a couple of pictures. I save it as a draft and it looks fine. When I send the email to someone, the pictures are not sent. A red 'x' is displayed instead of the pciture. How do I go about creating a correct HTML message that contains pictures and that the pictures are also sent with the email?? Thanks, Ivan ...

Outlook 2003 Upgrade
I just recently upgraded to MS Office 2003 Prof and have been unable to log into my e-mail since - the login screen no longer requests my Domain. My OS is Windows XP Home. Any suggestions on how I can fix this issue? Try creating a new mail profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer lstjohn@cableone.net <lstjohn@cableone.net> asked: | I just recently upgraded to MS Office 2...

Error message saying wrong username & pw
Hi again, I figured out how to configure outlook 2003 but everytime I try to send I get the error message: Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC33) : 'Access to the account was denied. Verify that you r username and password are correct.The server responded 'Forbidden'. ' Can anyone help me with this? Any help is appreciatedL) No need to start another post, you allready have a thread running "Pamela" <Pamela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:860D8118-5D4C-40D4-8420-2AEBA5899ADB@m...

MS Exchange 2003
If accidently deleted an user's account with mailbox. After re-create the user account, how to recover the user mailbox? Em Yeu wrote: > If accidently deleted an user's account with mailbox. > After re-create the user account, how to recover the user mailbox? Open the System Manager then drill down to the respective Mailbox Store > Mailboxes. Right-click the Mailboxes container and select Run Cleanup Agent, then find the mailbox in the right pane (indicated by a red X) right-click it and select Reconnect. -- Henrik Walther Exchange MVP Exchange-faq.dk MSExchange.org ...

Receiving messages in outlook #2
Hi This is probably embarrassing easy to solve but I cant do it and it has stopped me using outlook until I can this problem solved - :) When I receive emails into outlook - if the email is formatted - the format is lost. If the email has a picture - instead of showing the picture it shows the address of where the jpg or gif file address. Its making emails extremely hard to read and I cant figure out what I must of ticked/unticked to get them like this as i have checked the options and cant do it. Anybody help me with this? Ta Mike some junk mail received that shows my problem : <...

Outlook Recovery
I have had a complete system failure an am back up and running by u#installing a seconf#d operating system. Can I recover my previous outlook and outlook express e- mails, extract them and re insert them once I have completed a full format? admin@penglobal.net ...

Queue Error
I have define a queue with an email.. when I send a mail to this email, an activity is create and it goes to my queue.. But My text is cropped .. I have only the first char .. Someone know this bug ?? Thx Cbu My server was 1.2 & email router 1.0 ... I have upgrade to email router 1.2 and it's work ...

Outlook links in
I get a pop-up that says: "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer". contact system administrator. How can I fix this? Soupy212 wrote: > I get a pop-up that says: "this operation has been cancelled due to > restrictions on this computer". contact system administrator. How can I fix > this? You are claiming that you have never heard of online searching, like at Google? http://www.google.com/search?q=%2B%22operation+has+been%22+cancelled+canceled+%2B%22due+to+restrictions+in+effect+on+this+computer%22 (add +"...

config Outlook for Hotmail
Hi, I need your help. When we try to add a new email acct to Outlook 2002, the server selection for HTTP is greyed out - all other options are available. How can I the Hotmail account? the system is Windows XP. Are you using the MSN Outlook connector? Look for disablehttp key here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Options -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outl...

tick mark or what ?
Case 1 - it works the way i want it - case 2 the whole arry is written. why? 'where is my thinking going wrong'? ist's just the blank (Write-Host $i"." $...||Write-Host $i". "$...) 1. [array]$SaveLast10Decembers=@(Get-ChildItem | where-object {$_.name -match "$FileYearDecember\d{2}_\w{3}-\w{3}\.\w{3}$"}) Write-Host $i"." $SaveLast10Decembers[$SaveLast10Decembers.count-1].name "wird verschoben" | Out-File $LogFileName -append --> 1. YMAT1_20091231_SAP-JOB.txt wird verschoben 2. [array]$SaveLast10Decembers=@(Get-Chil...

Outlook address book order issue
Hi, Have a bit of a problem with the contacts within Outlook 2002 (XP). A shared mailbox was recreated, which unfortunately disassociated it from its own Contacts. I re added the Address Book \ Contacts to the mail profile, however now when you open the Address Book the 'Contacts' is right at the bottom, instead of second on the list underneath the Global Address List. The GAL needs to remain at the top of 'Show names from' drop down menu, but I want the Contacts to be second instead of buried under all the sub categories of 'All Address Lists'. If you go into Tools\Op...

Auto resend message from Outlook / Exchange
Yesterday I have got problems with my company exchange / outlook , i am not sure, the story as a user report suddently outlook auto send out last year message to another user. same day another user report suddely receive last year message, i try search send message in outlook send item, but no this message, i am note sure which part problems. ITJACKIE wrote: > Yesterday I have got problems with my company exchange / outlook , i > am not sure, the story as a user report suddently outlook auto send > out last year message to another user. same day another user report > suddely r...

BCC option not available on Outlook 2003
Hello I have been looking for the BCC option when sending messages with Outlook 2003 and haven't been able to find it. The info in Help and a couple of documents on the Microsoft knowledgebase say the View menu should have an option that says "BCC Field", which I think I saw before on Outlook 2000, but it is not there on the 2003 version. Right now the only way I have to send messages with addresses on the BCC field is using Word but I prefer to write directly from Outlook, especially when replying to someone, so thi is really an inconvenience for me. Does enybody know i...

Exchange sends outlook calander requests to uninvited recipients
Hi, When I create a meeting request and invite ONLY user A, after clicking send, the meeting request is sent to User A as well as User B, C, D and E. I have NO delegates configured. If I look in Exchage tracking tool I can see the message going to User A and then a second entry appears with the message being delivered to user B, C, D and E from me. I don't know why this is happening and I am scratching my head as to where to look. I have tested this with another account (user Z) on a different PC with the same result. On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 03:19:02 -0800, Andrew <Andrew@discussions.m...

Retrieving Outlook messages saved to disk
Okay, so I tried to be good. I saved my Outlook messages to a CD (made the CD compatible). Now I'm trying to open a saved message, and I get an error message, "Can't open file. The file may not exist, you may not have permission to open it, or it may be open by another application," none of which is true. I think the problem has something to do with saving my Outlook 2000 message in Windows XP Home Edition. It's saving the messages as .msg files, which I think my version of Outlook can't read. Is there a fix for this? Hi B Miles, RESOLUTION To resolv...

Macro/Word converting double-quote marks into angle quotation marks
Hi all, I've scripted a vba macro that opens html pages in txt format and adds the following line after <BODY> (through a search and replace): <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="Output.css" /> The problem I'm having is that Word or the macro (don't really know) is converting the double-quote marks into angled quotation marks (ASCII 147 and 148), which makes the line above unreadable by the browser. I've tried using Chr(34): "<BODY><link rel=" & Chr(34) & "stylesheet" & ...

Can I copy sent message to additional sent folder(s).
Using WLM 14.0.8089.0726, after I send a e-mail message, a copy of it gets sent to the "Sent Folder". Can I have the same message sent to an additional folder? If that is possible, how could it be done? I would like to have Sent e-mail messages, saved in two locations. Checked Rules, and did not find anything that sounded like it would work. Thanks. No, message rules only work on incoming messages. You will have to copy the Sent messages manually. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Fishe...

Desktop to Outlook
Hi, I wonder if Outlook allows returning a message which is saved in Desktop. Assume I have some items saved in Desktop & I would like to put them in Outlook, does Outlook have this option? -- MFS22 Try R-click drag and drop Copy from the Desktop to a Mail folder MFS wrote: > Hi, > > I wonder if Outlook allows returning a message which is saved in Desktop. > > Assume I have some items saved in Desktop & I would like to put them in > Outlook, does Outlook have this option? > ...

outlook error This one is for the experts
my outlook 2003 for some reason gives me this error: AppName:outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.5510.0 AppStamp: 3f130f0 ModName:outllib.dll ModVer:11.0.5608.0 ModStamp: 3f35d24e fDebug:0 Offset:0013ce97 Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you Randy What are you doing when you get this error? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Randy asked: | my outloo...

No Idle Messages
Hi, I created a simple application for experiment. When clicked on MFCApp.cpp, I was trying to look for onidle message in the property box, but there was nothing, just empty. Did I do anything wrong? please help..Thanks in advance Jack Sorry found it in the overrides Thanks Jack "Jack" <jl@knight.com> ���g��l��s�D:eHzPXt8zFHA.3924@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I created a simple application for experiment. When clicked on MFCApp.cpp, > I was trying to look for onidle message in the property box, but there was > nothing, just empty. Did I do anything wrong...

Outlook Web Access "Page cannot be displayed"
I have a relatively new installation of Small Business Server 2003. In the very beginning, OWA worked fine except that port 80 was bein used by another box behind the firewall, so I thought I'd setup OWA t use SSL. That never worked so I gave up on the SSL route and returne IIS' settings to where they were in the beginning, except setting it t port 8000. Now I get "Page connat be displayed" when going t http://servername:8000/exchange. The default web site a http://servername:8000 responds normally from both inside and outside. I've followed Microsoft's knowle...

HELP, please!! Outlook not opening; "File for InfoPath Unavailable in Windows Installer (Error 1605)"
I am using Office 2007 Standard, with Windows Vista Business. Each time I attempt to open Outlook 2007, I receive a pop-up informing me that InfoPath is not available, due to a missing file in Windows Installer (Error 1605). I cancel out of the pop-up, but Outlook opens in an unstable form ("not Responding"). After a couple of resets of Outlook, it finally opens properly. I have searched all applicable Microsoft websites for help, but can find no successful solution to the problem. Any suggestions? I would be most appreciative of any help. THANKS!! On Aug 18...