Mark my comments with - wrong name

I had an employee leave and as the new employee had the same
requirements, I renamed the last user in MS Exchange and amended email
addresses etc accordingly.

The problem is that when the new user replies to emails, whether text
or otherwise, Outlook auto inserts the prior employees name.

When I go to the "Mark my comments with" setup in Email options, the
field is greyed out so I can't check or uncheck.  Changing the options
on "On Replies and forwards" makes no difference, still greyed out.
Any ideas?

Macro/Word converting double-quote marks into angle quotation marks
Hi all, I've scripted a vba macro that opens html pages in txt format and adds the following line after <BODY> (through a search and replace): <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="Output.css" /> The problem I'm having is that Word or the macro (don't really know) is converting the double-quote marks into angled quotation marks (ASCII 147 and 148), which makes the line above unreadable by the browser. I've tried using Chr(34): "<BODY><link rel=" & Chr(34) & "stylesheet" & ...

Sort Names with several formats...HELP!
I have a big name list in one column...most of the names are in the "first last" format but several are "first middle last" or "first & first last". I need to sort by first last...don't need the spouse first name or middle name or & sign...any suggestions! Thanks Hi you need a separate column with only the last name in it. See the following site for extracting the last name: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/FirstLast.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "KL23" <KL23@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:E5C7...

I can define a name, but I cannot use the name
Hello I defined a name "TEST" in menu Insert -> Name -> Define: =OFFSET(Sheet1!$C$1;1;0;1;1) I want to use the name "TEST", but Menu Insert -> Name -> Use does not offer my name (in any sheet). I also don't see the defined name in the names field next to the formula bar. When I define standard name (just select range and type a name to the names field and press Enter), I can use this name and I see it in names field. I use Win NT with Excel 2003. I never had this problem in Win 2000. In existing workbook (created in Win 2000), I can use this function witho...

tick mark or what ?
Case 1 - it works the way i want it - case 2 the whole arry is written. why? 'where is my thinking going wrong'? ist's just the blank (Write-Host $i"." $...||Write-Host $i". "$...) 1. [array]$SaveLast10Decembers=@(Get-ChildItem | where-object {$_.name -match "$FileYearDecember\d{2}_\w{3}-\w{3}\.\w{3}$"}) Write-Host $i"." $SaveLast10Decembers[$SaveLast10Decembers.count-1].name "wird verschoben" | Out-File $LogFileName -append --> 1. YMAT1_20091231_SAP-JOB.txt wird verschoben 2. [array]$SaveLast10Decembers=@(Get-Chil...

Account name on marketinglist
Hi A customer wants to know if its possible in CRM 4.0 to get the parent account name in the contacts marketinglist view ? We can't add it as a field on the views ? ...

Word document format marks
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel How do I hide format marks in my Word documents. Docs show paragraph marks, tab marks, etc. They do not print when I print the document. One day I was typing and accidentally hit a key or key combo and there they were. You can simply click on the �-icon in the Standard toolbar (it looks like an inverted "P"), or, if you prefer using the keyboard, hit Cmd+8. On 30/03/10 15:52, DrJ117@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel > How do I h...

excel worksheet re-nameing
I have an excel spreadsheet, the worksheets are named in date order by day (3 months) I want to be able to change the first 1 and have all the others change to the subsequent dates, is this possible You will need a macro to do this. What is the exact date format tha you are using for each of the sheet names? Post back with the exac name of the first few sheets exactly as they appear on the workboo tabs. Rolli -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Here is a sample macro that uses the following format for each of th tab names *Jan 1, 2004*. Change the name of the first sheet ...

Money file name in M2004
In preparation for running a parallel test of M2005 and M2004 (earlier thread) I was looking for the name of my current money file. Although the backup is named qdata1backup.mbf, the actual operating file, as near as I can tell, is named "-.mny". At least when I do a search that's the only .mny file that was recently modified, plus the money file menu says the name of the latest open file is "-". This seems like an odd file name (certainly I never chose that one) but is that the file I want to make a copy of (and rename, for use in M2005)? Hi Jim, That's probabl...

Rename or Exchange Names
Hi! What is the proper way of renaming a computer in windows 2003 Domain and also changing an old pc with a new one? Hello create_share, Just rename the computer connected to the domain, nothing special. You need to use an account that is able to change the name in AD so at least domain admin. Please define the old OS and new OS where you like to change between, is there a need for applications to run on the new one as on the old machine? Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** ...

Inserting Comment
When inserting a comment, how to set up so that my user name comes up automatically when inserting a commnent? This way on spreadsheets that are shared, one can see who the author of that comment. Thanks ...

Red triangles in a cell but not comments
Yep, I'm new to all this. In a spreadsheet I received from Google t list a product in their "Froogle" search, there are little re triangles at the right side of several cells. These are not the note o comment flags you normally see in the upper corners of a cell. Whe text is written into these cells it does not wrap and does not expan the cell width when you fill the cell to the right hand side. But th text information continues in the upper text bar as you continue t type input. This is handy but I can find no reference to it in 'help or any tool bar or other menu. It m...

Add comments to your excel sheet using SpotNote
SpotNote 3.1 is a commenting tool that allows the user to post electronic notes directly to the documents they are editing. Cut out secondary documentation and emails to describe what you changed in a document for a team member or co-worker. SpotNote also Merges IM with E-Sticky Notes BCI announces the addition of SpotLAN to its highly rated electronic note software, SpotNote� 3.1. SpotLAN allows the business user to send custom sticky notes instantly across their corporate LAN environment to another computer's desktop. SpotLAN solves the problem of moving from your desk or making a p...

Outlook 2002 name checking problem
I am using Outlook 2002 with an imap setup. I check my recipient's emails against two address books - first my personal contacts list (outlook address book) and then against an active directory ldap server. It seems that the address checking is not working in Outlook 2002 as it used to work in Outlook 2000 (I have installations of Outlook 2000 in the same setup). If I try to send an email message to a recipient that does not exist in my directory server - suppose my directory server has addresses for users@mydomain.com and johndoe@mydomain.com is an invalid address, the message still goes ...

Named Pipe Security Problem,...
Hi, maybe this does not fit into this user group, but i dont know where to ask. Well i've written a windows service that runs with System account and creates a Named Pipe. The Pipe is created with lpSecurityAttributes = NULL. The Service starts successfully and i can control it with standard commands and my user defined ones. Now i wrote a C#.NET Frontend from where i want to send a byte stream to the Pipe created inside the service, but i always get a GetLastError=5 whenever i try to send my bytes from my client app. I know that i have to set the lanmanserver's registry key (paramete...

Path\File name length problem Excel Crash on save as
I have a problem saving a file in code using: thisworkbook.SaveAs The problem is if the file and path length is greater than 150 then the Excel app crashes. I have tried this over a network as well as a local drive. Has anyone ever seen this problem? Thanks in advance, Stewart Rogers ...

How to point clients to new exchange name?
Is there a way (maybe using GPOs) to update clients' computers to point to a different exchange server? Here's my situation: I added an Exchange 2003 server to my 5.5 environment. I'm going to take out my 5.5 server (mail.company.com) and just have my 2003 server (mail03.company.com). How can I update the users' machines to point to the 2003 server? Is there a script or a GPO I can push down to update everyone's profiles? Or is this something that will update automatically when I remove the 5.5 server? Thanks! -Nick If they're using Outlook, you don't ...

marking replies
I want to have an arrow, or something, on my inbox list that indicates I have replied to that email. I have it on other computers, but can't figure out how to install on this one. There already is... on the little envelope icon in the From column blue arrow => indicates forwarded purple arrow <= indicates replied to -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9ADE4C9F-94F7-4FF6-8BB0-789ECE557E97@microsoft.com... > I want to have an arrow, or...

Add toolbar name to the list of toolbars
Hi, I am working on GP10.0. My application has a toolbar. But since its name is not in the list of toolbars (the list that you get when you right click on the command bar), it is always turned on. How can I add the name of my toolbar in that list? Is there any table that I need to add my toolbar name? Thanks. The Toolbar Context Menu is different for GP 10. You'll add an item to the Toolbar Context Menu when you add the other items to menus for your application. I've copied the code from the GP Integration Guide that shows how to add to the context menu: {Add the item to dis...

Can tick mark labels be flipped about axis?
Hi, I'm plotting a number of XY scatter charts with negative and positive numbers on both axes. These axes must intersect at their zero points and I need to display tick mark labels next to both. However, I find that these labels tend to obscure each other at the intersection. Is there a way of removing some of them near the intersection, for example by selectively setting the font color to transparent? Alternatively, can the labels be 'flipped' about their axis like the high/low setting, but having them still next to the axis insead of at the top or bottom of the chart? I tried t...

coloured marking
Hi, I'm new in this group and hope this is the right group for my question! I have an Excel table for my diabetic values! Now I would like to see these values coloured if they pass over specified values, for example from 150-199 green colour and for more than 200 red colour. Is this possible? -- Viele Gruesse / Best regards / Serdeczne pozdrowienia Roland Thawte Web of Trust notary und/and/i CAcert assurer, Zywiec, Polen / Poland / Polska PGP-Key: http://www.biglumber.com/x/web?qs=0x2187626E Skype: roland1713 - low-priced calling over computer - http://www.skype.com/ Roland, yes it ...

Question marks appearing where folder names should be
I have a user who has his inbox and subfolders showing question marks instead of letters. He went to china and access OWA. Since he's come back, the settings have remained in chinese. How do I restore him back to english and get rid of the question marks? Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

Query Company Name to last Name
Can anyone help me write a query? I am trying to put the Company Name in as the last name. And maybe, if possible, move first and last name to notes in the customer database. I need to be able to look up transactions by the company name not last names so this is my best option....unless there is another idea out there. Thanks in advance. * BACKUP FIRST * I recommend using the custom text fields in the customer record for the first and last name in this case. Using administartor, run these SQL statements: UPDATE CUSTOMER SET CUSTOMTEXT1 = FIRSTNAME UPDATE CUSTOMER SET CUSTOMTEXT2 = L...

Re: Outlook 2007 / Exchange 2003 incorrectly marking email from GAL as junk
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0025_01CAE533.362FB730 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The problem still continues even with the April 13, 2010 Outlook 2007 = Junk email filter (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981433), so I am = still searching for a solution. I'll repost this question to the correct managed newsgroup = microsoft.public.outlook.general. <Mltwwlco@noemail.noemail> wrote in message news:... I installed KB978401 Description of the Office O...

how to mark outbox emails for send
I have over 2000 emails in an outbox that will not go out. New emails are sent fine. The emails that go out successfully are in bold italics for the moment they reside in the Outbox prior to being sent. The 2000 or so emails stuck in the same Outbox are all normal font. Is there a way to mark them all to be sent? Also, why would these emails have ended up in this state in the first place, that is sitting in the Outbox but not marked to send? Thanks in advance ...

mark up
need to mark up 16800 items by 15% column e is my net and need column f with new prices Hi, in column F enter =E2*1.15 copy formula down you can have a cell where you enter the markup % like A1, then have F calculate it using =E2*(1+A1) in A1 you will enter 15 "arKwelder" wrote: > need to mark up 16800 items by 15% column e is my net and need column f > with new prices opps you will enter 0.15 instead of 15 "Eduardo" wrote: > Hi, > in column F enter > > =E2*1.15 > > copy formula down > > yo...