I have for years chosen the option to mark my email
messages as read as soon as I click on them in the preview
window. I have not changed my settings, but the last
couple of days, Outlook 2000 has stopped marking them. I
have to double click the message to open it in a new
window before it will mark it as read. The problem seems
to resolve itself after I reboot; however, after a while,
it goes back to "fogetting" to mark them. Any ideas what
could be causing the problem? Thanks!
0
anonymous (74725)

=20

OLEXP: Messages Are Not Marked as Read after Previewing=20
(219279)

----------------------

Microsoft Outlook Express 5.0 for Windows NT 4.0
Microsoft Outlook Express 4.01 for Windows NT 4.0 SP 1
Microsoft Outlook Express 4.01 for Windows NT 4.0 SP 2
Microsoft Outlook Express 4.0 for Windows NT 4.0
Microsoft Outlook Express 5.0 for Windows 98
Microsoft Outlook Express 4.01 for Windows 98 SP 2
Microsoft Outlook Express 5.0 for Windows 95
Microsoft Outlook Express 4.01 for Windows 95 SP 1
Microsoft Outlook Express 4.01 for Windows 95 SP 2
Microsoft Outlook Express 4.0 for Windows 95

----------------------

This article used to be called: Q219279
For information about the differences between Microsoft=20
Outlook Express and Microsoft Outlook e-mail clients,=20
click the following article number to view the article in=20
the Microsoft Knowledge Base:=20
257824 OL2000: Differences Between Outlook and Outlook=20
Express=20

Symptoms Section
When you right-click the "Message is read after being=20
previewed for x seconds" check box, and then click Whats=20
This?, the text that appears is inaccurate. It states:=20

Specifies whether a message should be marked as read=20
after you have previewed it for the number of seconds=20
indicated. If you clear this check box, messages are not=20
marked as read unless you open the message in a message=20
window, scroll the message in the preview pane, or select=20
the message in the list, click the Edit menu, and then=20
click Mark as Read.=20

Specifically, messages are not marked as read when you=20
scroll the message in the preview pane.=20
Cause Section
This problem occurs due to this Help topic being=20
inaccurate.=20
Resolution Section
To resolve this problem, mark the message as read using=20
one of the other methods listed.=20
Status Section
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the=20
Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of=20
this article.=20
QueryWords Section
4.00 5.0 5.00 previewed=20

MICROSOFT INTERNAL SUPPORT INFORMATION
IE v 5.0:72815 Author: chadbee (1999-02-24T15:52:00) Edit=20
Reviewer: cgolden (1999-03-21T11:56:00) Tech Reviewer:=20
cgolden (1999-05-20T08:36:00)=20

----------------------
Modification Type: Major DATEREVIEWED 12/6/2003=20

----------------------

MICROSOFT INTERNAL DOCUMENT INFORMATION =20
Edit Status: Published=20
First Published: 2/24/1999=20
Author: chadbee=20
Last Modifier: a-terrir=20
Original Language: EN-US=20
Publish Date: 12/5/2003=20
Internal Keywords: kbbillprodsweep=20
Confidentiality: public=20
Stylesheet: KBPubv2html-EN-US.xsl=20
=20
=20

=A92004 Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved.=20
=20

0
anonymous (74725)
6/15/2004 3:48:38 PM
Thanks for the suggestion; however, I don't believe it's=20
the the whole story, especially considering the article=20
states it is relavent to Outlook Express, and because the=20
option to mark messages as read works after rebooting.=20
This is a brand new problem. I have used Outlook for years=20
and never had this problem before. Could it be related to=20
a recent automatic update or perhaps it's a memory issue?

0
anonymous (74725)
6/15/2004 5:19:47 PM
suresh <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> OLEXP: Messages Are Not Marked as Read after Previewing
> (219279)

And how will posting an article about Outlook Express help with an Outlook
problem?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

CFile::Read
hi I Open a file using CFile::Open() in read mode. To read from file, we use CFile::Read() If i want to read file in an int type array then how can i do it? suppose CFile myfile; CFileException e; int data[20]; if( !myfile.Open( path, CFile::modeRead ||CFile::shareDenyWrite , &e ) ) { MessageBox(_T("FAILED"));//,NULL,MB_OK); return ; } myfile.Seek(0,CFile::begin ); myfile.Read((TCHAR*)data,20); is this correct? Sachin wrote: >hi >I Open a file using CFile::Open() in read mode. >To read from file, we use CFile::Read() >If i want to read fil...

tick mark or what ?
Case 1 - it works the way i want it - case 2 the whole arry is written. why? 'where is my thinking going wrong'? ist's just the blank (Write-Host $i"." $...||Write-Host $i". "$...) 1. [array]$SaveLast10Decembers=@(Get-ChildItem | where-object {$_.name -match "$FileYearDecember\d{2}_\w{3}-\w{3}\.\w{3}$"}) Write-Host $i"." $SaveLast10Decembers[$SaveLast10Decembers.count-1].name "wird verschoben" | Out-File $LogFileName -append --> 1. YMAT1_20091231_SAP-JOB.txt wird verschoben 2. [array]$SaveLast10Decembers=@(Get-Chil...

create read only template that links to databa...
I've created a template that users will add data and use the save as function so to not save over my template. Is it possible to still link this data to a database even though the template will not be saved over ? ...

How to implement a read-only Index property for the members of a Collection?
Hi to all, After searching the net for possible solutions and not finding anything useful I came for your advice. I have a collection of objects with the properties X and Y, which are the coordinates of vertices (points). I need to add an Index property to those objects. I know that the actual index of each vertex in the vertices collection may change after adding to or removing elements from the collection. Is it possible to retrieve the actual index of each vertex in the collection and assign it to a read-only property, an Index property? I tried the code below. Notice th...

Macro/Word converting double-quote marks into angle quotation marks
Hi all, I've scripted a vba macro that opens html pages in txt format and adds the following line after <BODY> (through a search and replace): <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="Output.css" /> The problem I'm having is that Word or the macro (don't really know) is converting the double-quote marks into angled quotation marks (ASCII 147 and 148), which makes the line above unreadable by the browser. I've tried using Chr(34): "<BODY><link rel=" & Chr(34) & "stylesheet" & ...

Email sent from iphone not formatted to read in entourage
For starters, I'm using a new macbook pro, and entourage 2008 - via an exchange server environment I just noticed that I can read sent email from entourage formatted just as it was when it was sent (the good news). However, when I send an email from my iphone, the sent folder in entourage displays the sent mail, but formats it in a manner that's not readable (more like code) - in the sent folder, it shows no recipient and no subject. Enclosures are also not showing up in the sent folder On 1/27/10 4:28 PM, Tim Bradbury wrote: > For starters, I'm using a new mac...

Latest version of Excel that will read Excel 5 files
Will Excel 2002 read Excel 5 files? What about Excel 2003? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi will do. My Excel 2003 reads and saves Excel 95 files as well Frank > Will Excel 2002 read Excel 5 files? What about Excel 2003? Just to be sure there's no misunderstanding, I meant Excel 5.0, the version that preceded Office 95. Excel 5.0, when packaged with Office, was part of Office 4.3. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Yes -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "dderolph >" <<dderolph.10lrct@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in mes...

Word document format marks
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel How do I hide format marks in my Word documents. Docs show paragraph marks, tab marks, etc. They do not print when I print the document. One day I was typing and accidentally hit a key or key combo and there they were. You can simply click on the �-icon in the Standard toolbar (it looks like an inverted "P"), or, if you prefer using the keyboard, hit Cmd+8. On 30/03/10 15:52, DrJ117@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel > How do I h...

Reading Pane Settings

marking replies
I want to have an arrow, or something, on my inbox list that indicates I have replied to that email. I have it on other computers, but can't figure out how to install on this one. There already is... on the little envelope icon in the From column blue arrow => indicates forwarded purple arrow <= indicates replied to -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9ADE4C9F-94F7-4FF6-8BB0-789ECE557E97@microsoft.com... > I want to have an arrow, or...

Excel File
When we received a excel file through mail , while opening the file i received a error :corrupt file, run repair to to extract the contents. The same file when opened on another PC received an error : read only. Please asuggest a immediate solution Can you right-click the file, go to properties and uncheck read only? -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "ritu" wrote: > When we received a excel file through mail , while opening the file i > received a error :corrupt file, run repair to to extract the contents. > > The same file when opened on another PC received an error ...

Can tick mark labels be flipped about axis?
Hi, I'm plotting a number of XY scatter charts with negative and positive numbers on both axes. These axes must intersect at their zero points and I need to display tick mark labels next to both. However, I find that these labels tend to obscure each other at the intersection. Is there a way of removing some of them near the intersection, for example by selectively setting the font color to transparent? Alternatively, can the labels be 'flipped' about their axis like the high/low setting, but having them still next to the axis insead of at the top or bottom of the chart? I tried t...

Question marks appearing where folder names should be
I have a user who has his inbox and subfolders showing question marks instead of letters. He went to china and access OWA. Since he's come back, the settings have remained in chinese. How do I restore him back to english and get rid of the question marks? Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

coloured marking
Hi, I'm new in this group and hope this is the right group for my question! I have an Excel table for my diabetic values! Now I would like to see these values coloured if they pass over specified values, for example from 150-199 green colour and for more than 200 red colour. Is this possible? -- Viele Gruesse / Best regards / Serdeczne pozdrowienia Roland Thawte Web of Trust notary und/and/i CAcert assurer, Zywiec, Polen / Poland / Polska PGP-Key: http://www.biglumber.com/x/web?qs=0x2187626E Skype: roland1713 - low-priced calling over computer - http://www.skype.com/ Roland, yes it ...

how to mark outbox emails for send
I have over 2000 emails in an outbox that will not go out. New emails are sent fine. The emails that go out successfully are in bold italics for the moment they reside in the Outbox prior to being sent. The 2000 or so emails stuck in the same Outbox are all normal font. Is there a way to mark them all to be sent? Also, why would these emails have ended up in this state in the first place, that is sitting in the Outbox but not marked to send? Thanks in advance ...

Re: Outlook 2007 / Exchange 2003 incorrectly marking email from GAL as junk
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0025_01CAE533.362FB730 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The problem still continues even with the April 13, 2010 Outlook 2007 = Junk email filter (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981433), so I am = still searching for a solution. I'll repost this question to the correct managed newsgroup = microsoft.public.outlook.general. <Mltwwlco@noemail.noemail> wrote in message news:... I installed KB978401 Description of the Office O...

Reading .wks file

Flag, Envelopw, and question mark
What does the foag, envelope or question mark signify when they appear in the ahead of the entry in the register? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, DaddyBob wrote: >What does the foag, envelope or question mark signify when they appear in the >ahead of the entry in the register? See http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html#S6 ...

Plugin to read Magnetic stripe on driver's license
Anyone know of a plug-in to read, parse, and enter new customer data from a driver's license. Would also be great if it could match against existing customers. If this does not exist, and I set out to create such a plug-in I'd like to know how many people would find this useful, and I welcome comments on desireable features. -- It's said in Ireland that when a ship runs aground, the sea has spoken. Elypsis Software in Napa, CA, has such a module; I've not bought it myself but I have seen it in use at a winery. It works off the magnetic stripe used in many states. Note...

mark up
need to mark up 16800 items by 15% column e is my net and need column f with new prices Hi, in column F enter =E2*1.15 copy formula down you can have a cell where you enter the markup % like A1, then have F calculate it using =E2*(1+A1) in A1 you will enter 15 "arKwelder" wrote: > need to mark up 16800 items by 15% column e is my net and need column f > with new prices opps you will enter 0.15 instead of 15 "Eduardo" wrote: > Hi, > in column F enter > > =E2*1.15 > > copy formula down > > yo...

I just received this from Mark Joyner. Everyone on the Internet
I just received this from Mark Joyner. Everyone on the Internet needs to read this, and you should forward this to your friends, as well. I tried this "Manuscript" he refers to myself and it was, without a doubt, the most profound experience of my business life. I'm still shaking from reading it. I feel like a fog has been lifted from my eyes! Anyway, here's the letter he sent me about it: =============== Dear Subscriber, If I could show you one simple technique that in 5 minutes would increase your Internet sales by 32% would you do it? What if I had a collection of...

File won't open as read only

cutting marks
Hi. I have designed some compliments slips for work, and i have set it up in publisher so that it prints 3 copies on a page. Can anyone tell me how i can print off the marks to show where each on starts and ends (basically to cut across) Thanks alot Angel_1 wrote: > Hi. I have designed some compliments slips for work, and > i have set it up in publisher so that it prints 3 copies > on a page. Can anyone tell me how i can print off the > marks to show where each on starts and ends (basically to > cut across) > Thanks alot =================================== Insert a d...

Read mail arn't marked as read anymore