Mapisp32.exe

When doing send and receive in outlook 97 Mapisp32 goes up to 99% on the cpu
usage and outlook appears to hang.  Office 97 in running on windows XP using
internet mail.

Any help would be much appreciated

aidan wrote:
> When doing send and receive in outlook 97 Mapisp32 goes up to 99% on
> the cpu usage and outlook appears to hang.  Office 97 in running on
> windows XP using internet mail.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated

Not sure if this will help, but see
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/SERVICES/imep.htm

Also note - OL97 is old, unsupported, and was buggy at release. I strongly
suggest you upgrade to OL2003.

0
lanwench (7567)
11/25/2004 5:01:18 PM
I have a client that has experienced this on 5 pc's (win98se and xp pro) in
the last week or 2.  Except Our case - the mapisp32.exe causes a fault in
msinet32.dll- the ms q266340 (think this is the right #) doesn't fix it.
The systems have some spyware- varies in type/amount- I came across a post
that suggested to upgrade Outlook 97 -- As far as it being buggy- that's
kind of an oxymoron statement.. It works well considering it's almost 8
years in progress- 97 came out close to 98-- Outside of the multimedia/Inet
stuff there really isn't much reason to go past it and Win98 SE..IMO..

BTW- Upgraded Outlook to 2003- works now..

Anyway, Has there been a MS update or spy/mal/ad ware recently that could've
broke Outlook 97?  Have had other MS Update issues with out of the way
programs- Last one was MS Media Center related.

"aidan" <aidanhopkinson@astonberkeley.com> wrote in message
> When doing send and receive in outlook 97 Mapisp32 goes up to 99% on the
> cpu usage and outlook appears to hang.  Office 97 in running on windows XP
> using internet mail.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated

0
user9465 (31)
1/20/2005 12:38:27 AM
Fixmapi.exe located in the windows\system32 diretory

"User" <User@User.com> wrote in message
>I have a client that has experienced this on 5 pc's (win98se and xp pro) in
>the last week or 2.  Except Our case - the mapisp32.exe causes a fault in
>msinet32.dll- the ms q266340 (think this is the right #) doesn't fix it.
>The systems have some spyware- varies in type/amount- I came across a post
>that suggested to upgrade Outlook 97 -- As far as it being buggy- that's
>kind of an oxymoron statement.. It works well considering it's almost 8
>years in progress- 97 came out close to 98-- Outside of the multimedia/Inet
>stuff there really isn't much reason to go past it and Win98 SE..IMO..
>
> BTW- Upgraded Outlook to 2003- works now..
>
> Anyway, Has there been a MS update or spy/mal/ad ware recently that
> could've broke Outlook 97?  Have had other MS Update issues with out of
> the way programs- Last one was MS Media Center related.
>

> "aidan" <aidanhopkinson@astonberkeley.com> wrote in message
>> When doing send and receive in outlook 97 Mapisp32 goes up to 99% on the
>> cpu usage and outlook appears to hang.  Office 97 in running on windows
>> XP using internet mail.
>>
>> Any help would be much appreciated

0
user9465 (31)

error message Mapisp32.exe
how can i get this working properly again, it keeps refering to this error. and shuts down. does anyone know whats wrong with it and how to fix it? What is the exact text of the error message, and what version & SP of Outlook (go to help | about)? Lee wrote: > how can i get this working properly again, it keeps > refering to this error. and shuts down. does anyone know > whats wrong with it and how to fix it? I to am having this problem. I am using Outlook 97 with Windows ME The error message reads: "Mapisp32 has caused an error <unknown> Mapisp32 will now clos...

Browserchoice.exe -> malware?
After turning PC on, got HTML window prompting for BrowserChoice. The windows looks like a fake scam window. I closed window. Also, Shortcut icon "Browser Choice" has been added on Desktop, with target path C:\WINDOWS\system32\browserchoice.exe /launch Is the malware or some "legit" application and how to remove it? From: "Balzer" <balzer@nospam.microsoft.news> | After turning PC on, got HTML window prompting for BrowserChoice. The | windows looks like a fake scam window. I closed window. Also, Shortcut icon | "Browser Choice" ...

bulkmail.exe
Does anyone have the bulkmail.exe addin which seems to have disappeared from microsoft.com? TIA Zorro Zorro, try this link http://5star.freeserve.com/Internet/Email/bulkmail-download.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 97 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "Zorro" <zorro@nexia99.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:OuFxb.3270$XS4.677@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk... > Does anyon...

I need Updatefb.exe (Yes, I called Microsoft).
PSS is so overwhelmed with DST issues this week they can't even call me back to discuss sending me the tool for another 8 to 12 hours. I probably won't be here then. Can someone send this to me so I can get this resolved quickly? Thanks! Jason ...

Mapisp32 process
I have about 45 remote offices each with a single PC that is not a part of our domain. They do have a user account and mailbox on the domain which they dial in to to get mail. Normally when they connect by starting Outlook they then get a dialogue asking for username/domain name/password. Just recently sometimes Outlook doe not offer a login and goes straight to "cannot open default folders" message. Task manager shows mapisp32 running although outlook is closed. Killing this task then allows outlook to open normally. Why would Mapi32 fail to unload on exit of Outlook? ...

msexcimc.exe crashing periodically, different error.
I've seen similar posts about the IMS crashing, but my error seems to be different than others. This varies from happening as far apart as once a week to many times a day. Application popup: System Process - Application Error : The instruction at "0x0044bf72" referenced memory at "0x01522a2d". The memory could not be "read". Also, incoming SMTP mail continues to be delivered until I click "ok" on the application popup, then the IMS stops. Outbound mail begins to be queued as soon as the popup appears. Should I apply the referenced 301690 or 884...

outlook.exe #3
OUTLOOK.EXE runs in the task manager/processes for every time I launch outlook on our home pc. when I try to shut down, it pops up "outlook.exe not responding" and I have to manually "end task" for each time it is running. Any ideas how to rid this demon? ...

explorer.exe
right, so basically, whenever i shut down my pc now ( i actually click shut down) my pc wont load up next time i turn it on as it will say " resuming windows" i then have to turn it off to get it working again, then delete the restoration data. secondly, whenever i load up my documents, if i try to load it up again, explorer.exe crashes and i have to restart the pc -- martyn470 On Thu, 13 May 2010 06:02:21 -0500, martyn470 <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote: > >right, so basically, whenever i shut down my pc now ( i actually click >shut down) >...

Embed an exe inside an ActiveX control ?
Hi: Anyone knows how to embed an exe file inside an ActiveX control ? I would like the activex control to be downloaded and execute the exe file on the user machine. Thanks in Advance Polaris Wow! ANOTHER justification of why I permanently disable the execution of ALL ActiveX controls that come in over the Internet (just in case one should sneak past my firewall which normally strips them out). Has the phrase "computer security" occurred to you? Anyone who would allow a control like this to execute deserves whatever happens to them. This is such a fundamentallly bad idea that ...

Mapisp32
I need a copy of the mapisp32.dll file. Does anyone know how I can get it. Office was installed in my computer when I bought it and I therefore don't have the software myself. Thanks. When you buy a 'legal' pc you also get the software, unless you bought a second user sys. The pc is no good without the origonal software/installation discs. I believe you'll find that this is a win* exchange file, you could try 'windows update' David "Rudy" <guaj@copper.net> wrote in message news:44c601c3562c$22a14550$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I need a copy of the ...

Permission of EXE ActiveX running IIS-W7 Classic ASP
Hello- Running VB6 object (EXE ActiveX) on IIS-7 Classic ASP page, get Err: Permission denied… Sample of problem: 1. I create a EXE ActiveX with VB6, that’s simple: Project Name: Something Class: Greeting Code: ---------------------- Option Explicit Public Function Hello() Hello = "Hello " + Format(Now, "hh:nn:ss") End Function ---------------------- And generate EXE. Now I test it with any VB6 project: ------------------------ Option Explicit Sub Main() Dim obj As Object Set obj = CreateObject("Something.Greeting") ...

mapisp32 hang up
I am using Outlook 97 v 8.02.4212. I had problems which I thought I had resolved after uninstalling and re- installing and running the scan pst utility. Finally I was able to send and receive mail again. However, this morning it is not working again. When it checks for mail, it gets hung up and task manager shows mapisp32 is running, and that seems to be the problem because until I end the task everything just hangs. However, I do not get my mail if I end task. Please, any ideas? ...

Virtual SMTP Server causing inetinfo.exe to use load of RAM
Hi ALL I have an Exchange Server 2000(SP3) running on a Windows Server 2000 (SP4) box. As soon as I start the Default SMTP Virtual Server the inetinfo.exe steadily eats all the remaining RAM up and stalls the server. I have spent ages googling on this one alas to no avail. Any help or guidance welcome Martin "Martin" <martin@purplespot.co.uk> wrote: >I have an Exchange Server 2000(SP3) running on a Windows Server 2000 (SP4) >box. As soon as I start the Default SMTP Virtual Server the inetinfo.exe >steadily eats all the remaining RAM up and stalls the serve...

STMAP.EXE application error
I run 2003 Outlook professional on my PC and our email runs through Exchange Server. I started getting "STMAP.EXE Application Error" and STMAPI errors about 2 months ago. Happens at random times and I sometimes get the STMAPI error when shutting down Outlook. The Stmap.exe error gives me these details - The instruction at "0x774fdf0b" referenced memory at "0x00000028". The memory could not be "Read". STmapi error states - STMAPI has encountered a problem and needs to Close. In the viewer pane it says - "This item cannot be displayed ...

oulook.exe/winword.exe linger in task manager
Hi there Please can you help with this problem ... I'm using Word as my email editor. When I close Outlook (as just before I shut down my machine), I notice that both Word and Outlook linger in the Task Manager. I can't open either Outlook or Word again without ending both processes in the Task Manager, and my machine takes a bit of time to shut down (at least an extra minute before each process must be manually ended). When I use Active Ports or similar utility, I notice that Outlook continues to communicate with the Exchange Server for some time (hours) after I have closed i...

end program
Everytime I turn off the computer (as long as I have opened outlook at some point and time)I get a screen that says end program-outlook.exe and it acts like it has to shut down or close the program before it can shut down the computer. ...

LSASS.EXE Consuming memory
The lsass.exe process continues to consume memory until all the memory is gone. The server is a Windows 2008/64 storage server with SP2. The server is strictly used as a file server. Is there a fix for this behavior? Currently I need to reboot the server once a day to reclaim the memory. You did say lsass.exe in your post lsass.exe ? Then you are infected and you should run your AV and other security tools. Lsass is another story since it is a system file -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and wil...

MSDEV.exe
Hi I have posted this message before and tried all the possibilities and of course, none of them actually worked out. I am using Win XP home edition with all the service patches. When debugging the program using VC6 with service patch 5, one out of 5 times the MSDEV.exe will hang and I have to reboot the machine. I tried the same VC6 configuration to debug the same set of code on Win 2000 and never had this problem. Can someone help me with this? Is this a VC6 bug? thanks Hi, im also using VC6 with XP (only im using WX Professional), and i used to have some similar problems...

xsd.exe schema documentation...
Hi! I am creating schema directly from the .net assembly using the xsd.exe tool. Now I would like to annotate the schema (using xs:annotation and xs:documentation etc.). The C# file that created the assembly has comments in it. Is it possible to somehow import these comments into the generated schema file. I am willing to write a program for it, but was wondering what is the best way to go. Thanks -- -jojobar Hi jojobar, First of all, I would like to confirm my understanding of your issue. From your description, I understand that you need to generate annotation elements using xsd....

Outlook Mapisp32
Can not delete messages or receive messages To fix log off Outlook go on line and delete all inbox messages i.e.. comcast.net or send all messages to another account delete messages in trash can, log off, then go to Outlook. ...

dfrgifc.exe & dfrgntfs.exe starting for some reason
We have a cluster consisting of two Windows Server 2003 R2 nodes. SQL 2000 is installed on the nodes and a data array is connected to the active node. We noticed that the above processes start at some time because we see them in Task Manager. We cannot figure out what is launching them. Sometimes, there are multiple dfrgntfs.exes running. These are defrag processes but we do not have any scheduled tasks that launch them. We are thinking they might be realted to the cluster service or to the SQL maintenance plans. Does anyone know what is starting these and why they are not ...

MAPISP32 problem
I finally had to upgrade to a new machine and when I re- installed Outlook, I now get the following error in Outlook when sending and receiveing mail from my ISP-based mail server: "MAPISP32.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You need to restart the program." Anyone know how to fix this? JL Hey JL, you might check here and see if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;296412 -Rob AttorneyCop.com >-----Original Message----- >I finally had to upgrade to a new machine and when I re- >installed Outlook, I now get the...

Mapisp32.exe
When doing send and receive in outlook 97 Mapisp32 goes up to 99% on the cpu usage and outlook appears to hang. Office 97 in running on windows XP using internet mail. Any help would be much appreciated aidan wrote: > When doing send and receive in outlook 97 Mapisp32 goes up to 99% on > the cpu usage and outlook appears to hang. Office 97 in running on > windows XP using internet mail. > > Any help would be much appreciated Not sure if this will help, but see http://www.slipstick.com/addins/SERVICES/imep.htm Also note - OL97 is old, unsupported, and was buggy at rele...

MAPISP32 Error
Double click on FIXMAPI.EXE located in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM ...

mapisp32 #3
When I start Outlook 97 in XP, MAPISP32 starts up and uses 98% of my processor capacity. I am unable to check mail and obviously can't do much until I end the MAPISP32 process. I have checked for viruses,etc. and all seems fine. ...