MAPI ???

Greetings!!!

I m using MS OutlookXP. I got this error while opening.
Unable to open your default e-mail folder. The .dll file
for the information service could not be found. MAPI was
unable to load the information service PSTPRX.dll. Be sure
the service is corectly installed and configured.

I have also uninstall and re-install officeXp. But still
error continues.

Awaiting for kind help.

regds,
Saurabh

GO TO TOOLS/OPITONS/MAIL SETUP/
Then click on EMAIL ACCOUNTS
Then when the Wizard opens under Directory
click View or Change existing.....
When that opens up REMOVE the Active Directory!
And your problem goes away!
"Saurabh" <saurabhvasa@engineer.com> wrote in message
> Greetings!!!
>
> I m using MS OutlookXP. I got this error while opening.
> Unable to open your default e-mail folder. The .dll file
> for the information service could not be found. MAPI was
> unable to load the information service PSTPRX.dll. Be sure
> the service is corectly installed and configured.
>
> I have also uninstall and re-install officeXp. But still
> error continues.
>
> Awaiting for kind help.
>
> regds,
> Saurabh

OL2002: Error Message: MAPI Was Unable to Load the Information Service
Pstprx.dll
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293058&Product=ol2002

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Saurabh asked:

| Greetings!!!
|
| I m using MS OutlookXP. I got this error while opening.
| Unable to open your default e-mail folder. The .dll file
| for the information service could not be found. MAPI was
| unable to load the information service PSTPRX.dll. Be sure
| the service is corectly installed and configured.
|
| I have also uninstall and re-install officeXp. But still
| error continues.
|
| Awaiting for kind help.
|
| regds,
| Saurabh

0
MillyS5166 (1132)
2/7/2004 8:32:12 PM
I have the SAME problem but have not been able to
uninstall and reinstall Office XP & Outlook XP.
I tried your instructions. I'm assuming you mean to open
TOOLS within Outlook.  I'm not able to open "OPTIONS"
feature is greyed out.

Potential solution:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%
3B293058

0
anonymous (74719)
2/8/2004 12:52:46 AM
The info in the suggested article solved *that* problem for me, but NOT by
installing SP1 and SP2, as it would suggest.  That did not do anything.

I fixed it manually creating a new profile (could NOT change to a profile,
because there was only ONE) , which of course totally messed up my email
accounts and had to reset them.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@donteventhingaboutmailingmemvps.org>
wrote in message news:OKEM4lb7DHA.3860@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> OL2002: Error Message: MAPI Was Unable to Load the Information Service
> Pstprx.dll

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293058&Product=ol200
2

> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
> without reading.
>
> After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Saurabh asked:
>
> | Greetings!!!
> |
> | I m using MS OutlookXP. I got this error while opening.
> | Unable to open your default e-mail folder. The .dll file
> | for the information service could not be found. MAPI was
> | unable to load the information service PSTPRX.dll. Be sure
> | the service is corectly installed and configured.
> |
> | I have also uninstall and re-install officeXp. But still
> | error continues.
> |
> | Awaiting for kind help.
> |
> | regds,
> | Saurabh

MAPI "OpenMsgStore" failed
Help this is the error I am getting: The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: You do not have permission to log on. The MAPI provider failed. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 8004011d-0519-00000000 Source: MSExchangeSA Category: MAPI Session EventID: 9175 This shows up about once a min. in the event log - but everything seems to be working OK. This is a new Exchange 2003 setup - We had a single label domain on our old server - To fix, I installed a new sever and used EXMERGE to try to bring mail over from the old server. While trying...

MAPI in GP
Hello All, Can anyone assist me in detail how can i use MAPI feature in Great Plains 9.0. -- With Regards Junaid Idrees Associate Project Manager Enterprise Business Solutions That depends on what you mean by "use the MAPI feature in Great Plains". What are you trying to accomplish? patrick mbs developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Junaid Idrees" <junaid_rms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB1AE16F-FE51-4465-9643-83F6A15EC763@microsoft.com... > Hello All, > > Can...

extended mapi
Hi, I want some help/hint on how we can place an image in the header of the preview pane using Extended MAPI. This would be for Outlook and Outlook express also. We can show a thumbnail of sender in the righthand space of the preview pane header where we see sender, receiver email addresses and subject in gray background. Thanks, shahaji ...

MAPI
My Canon Camera A70 instructions tell me that my email program ( Outlook) must be set up as a MAPI client in order to send an image as an attachment to an email using Zoom Browser EX. How do I do this Is Outlook your default email program to send/receive email - or do you have it set to Outlook Express or some other third party program? Check Control Panel - Internet Properties - Programs and see if Microsoft Outlook is selected for email. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01da01c3a0be$37d17490$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My Canon Camera A70 instructions tell...

MAPI problem
Hello, in my application, I'm using MAPI to get some messages in the mailbox. I'm using MAPIFindNext to browse mails. On a big mailbox (about 1500 messages) I have no problems with thunderbird, but with Outlook 2003 it's very slow and if I open a new application, I can't work with it because it loose focus when my app loop. here is a sample that demonstrate it: BOOL bOK = TRUE; CString cursor; while (bOK) { char result[513]; try { m_LastMAPIError=MAPIFindNext(hSession(), hparent, NULL , cursor, MAPI_LONG_MSGID, 0, result); if (m_LastMAPIError==SUC...

how to mail programmatically and MAPI ?
Hello, is there a way to programmatically choose the recipients and text and attachments before the opening of the mail window done by the message ID_FILE_SEND_MAIL ( which opens the default mail software window as Outlook Express or Netscape ) Thanks Xavier > is there a way to programmatically choose the recipients and text and > attachments before the opening of the mail window done by the message > ID_FILE_SEND_MAIL ( which opens the default mail software window as > Outlook Express or Netscape ) You can control the messagebody, recipents, attachments, ... using the ...

MAPI ???
Greetings!!! I m using MS OutlookXP. I got this error while opening. Unable to open your default e-mail folder. The .dll file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.dll. Be sure the service is corectly installed and configured. I have also uninstall and re-install officeXp. But still error continues. Awaiting for kind help. regds, Saurabh GO TO TOOLS/OPITONS/MAIL SETUP/ Then click on EMAIL ACCOUNTS Then when the Wizard opens under Directory click View or Change existing..... When that opens up REMOVE the Active Directory!...

Mapi/CDO Outlook emailing
I'm using a mapi/cdo routine (based on code from Sue Mosher) to generate a mass email from a CRM Access application. I'm looping through a recordset adding email body/attachments etc and then objOutlookMsg.Close (olSave) objOutlookMsg.Move objOutlookDestFolder for each message saves the email to the Outlook Outbox and only one security warning is thrown for the entire session which is fine. However, all the messages in the Outbox are non-italicised, i.e. each one has to be opened up and Send clicked. If I add objOutlookMsg.Send to the loop, I get a separate security dialog box...

mail with ID_FILE_SEND_MAIL and MAPI
Hello to all, I would like to add mail support to my application , by using the default mail software (for example netscape or outlook express ) interface. I can do it automatically with the message ID_FILE_SEND_MAIL MFC integrated, but I would like, before opening the window , to programmatically add some attachments files, the "To:" and "Cc:" fields ( the recipients of the mail message ) , the text of the mail , and maybe using the outlook adress book etc ... Is it possible to do this ? I found some examples using MAPI but it re-create a new mail window, and d...

Synch errors for MAPI Hotmail accounts
For my MAPI Hotmail accounts, emails are not deleted from the Hotmail server when I try to delete them in Outlook 2007. I am getting synchronization errors, and messages move to the "Local Failures" folder in Outlook. Scenario: I delete an email, and it goes to the "Deleted Items" folder for the account. I right click on the "Deleted Items" folder, and select Empty "Deleted Items" folder. I click Yes to permanently delete all items. They move from the "Deleted Items" folder to the "Local Failures" folder and are not d...

extended mapi
Hi, I have just installed Windows 7/Office 2010 Beta. We had Windows XP/Office 2002 before and all the macros worked fine. I have problems with the following code: sAddressCode = "<PR_GIVEN_NAME> <PR_SURNAME>" & vbCr & _ "<PR_COMPANY_NAME>" & vbCr & _ "<PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS>" & vbCr sAddress = Application.GetAddress(AddressProperties:=sAddressCode, _ UseAutoText:=False, DisplaySelectDialog:=1, _ RecentAddressesChoice:=True, UpdateRecentAddresses:=True) When ...

MAPI not working
I am using MYOB and want to send emails directly from MYOB using Windows Mail. However when I click on email in MYOB I get a message saying that "cannot find MAPI32.dll. Please install MAPI" I have tried this by downloading the mapi32.dll from a site but this has not worked. Can anyone help me please? FabFay MYOB needs a full MAPI client like Outlook. Windows Mail won't work. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Fabfay" <fabfay@iinet.net.au> wrote in message = news...

CDO / MAPI in C++
Can someone enlighten me on how to use CDO 1.2.1 in C++? Andrew Wan <andrew_wan1980@hotmail.com> wrote: > Can someone enlighten me on how to use CDO 1.2.1 in C++? This might be a good resource: http://www.cdolive.com/default.htm -- Brian Tillman "Andrew Wan" <andrew_wan1980@hotmail.com> wrote in news:u8pI$R9MHHA.1872 @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl: > Can someone enlighten me on how to use CDO 1.2.1 in C++? See http://www.danielmitchell.net/mailfaq, Q4.4. Or search support.microsoft.com for "CDO C++". Or see the last couple of chapters of "Profession...

MAPI error when editing Public Folder permissions from ESM on a Wr
If you install ESM, follow it with SP2 on a workstation, and try and edit a public folder's permissions, you get a MAPI 1.0 error. To resolve this, I had to execute setup off of the original CD, tell it to Change/Remove the ESM, then reinstall the ESM off of the CD. It will say you have to reinstall the service pack (but you can't). ESM will then let you edit the Public Folder permissions. It was such a pain I thought I'd share the experience. ...

OUtlook Express and MAPI
Trying to do a contact lookup in Outlook Express using CreateDispatch. Rather than OE, it goes to Outlook instead. How do I overcome this? Ed ...

Assign an S/MIME Certificate to a MAPI Profile
Hi, I am trying to programmaticaly assign my S/MIME certificate to a MAPI profile as per instructions in http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=312900. Has anybody successfully done this before? Any ideas how I can create the BLOB to hold security settings as mentioned in the document? Thanks in advance Alok ...

mapi/exchange
Hi guys Couldn't find anything about this subject anywhere Basically, I'm writing a VB app that's using mapi to connect to the exchange server. The problem is that the app needs to be connected using several outlook profiles at the same time. Once this goes out to the client site, it will be tens of profiles concurrently connected Is this going to affect the exchange licensing - ie. will each connection use up a license on the server thank Tom Hi - better to post this in an Exchange group such as microsoft.public.exchange. How is licensing set up? Per user, or per seat/device? ...

MAPI Error
Hello We have a webpage that has a link to a custom form. Whenever anyone using Outlook XP clicks the link to open the form the following error appears: Internal MAPI Error: An invalid parameter was passed to a MAPI function Contact your administrator However, we can save the form, and there are no issues at all with Windows 2000 Can anyone help please Thanks in advance Glenn Kelly ...

Mapi Compliant
Is Windows Mail Mapi compliant. I have an invoice I need to email and Simply Accounting showed an error asking if my email program was Mapi compliant. Thanks Windows Mail is a Simple MAPI mail client. Simply Accounting requires a Full MAPI mail client (e.g., MS Outlook). -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002 www.banthecheck.com Graham wrote: > Is Windows Mail Mapi compliant. I have an invoice I need to email and > Simply Accounting showed an error asking if my email program was Mapi > compliant. Thanks "Grah...

Can not minimize the outlook window while using MAPI to send mail
Dear All, I am using the MAPI to send a mail from outlook. The code works correctly. the only problem I am facing is that when it opens the new mail window in outlook, the new windows can be closed / resized but I can not minimize the window. So is there any restriction with MAPI? The code is given below: ------------------------------------------------- HMODULE hlibMAPI=LoadLibrary(_T("MAPI32.DLL")); if(hlibMAPI) { LPMAPILOGON m_fpMAPILogon = (LPMAPILOGON) GetProcAddress(hlibMAPI, "MAPILogon"); LPMAPILOGOFF m_fpMAPILogoff = (LPMAPILOGOFF) GetProcAddress(hlib...

MAPI- unicode
hello need help with code below MapiMessage Message; Message.lpszSubject = (LPTSTR)((LPCTSTR)Subject); Message.lpszNoteText =(LPTSTR)((LPCTSTR) Text) ; "Subject" & Text" are strings passed to my function as it's parameters The ERROR reported is "error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'unsigned short *' to 'char *' " I think the problem starts from " Message.lpszSubject" since in the documentation it's a LPTSTR while here it's a char* (while my mouse rolls over it) I 've defined unicode and expect to be able...

MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL #3
the following error message is coming up when a user trys to start outlook 10. have any idea what this file is and how to correct the proble. I have tryed reinstalling office and the repair. not change. thanks, Dean Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured "OL2002: Error Message: MAPI Was Unable to Load the Information Service Pstprx.dll" htt...

Outlook and MAPI GetMessage
Hi, I'm trying to geta message thats stored in a public folder, but I get the error: [MAPI -[MAPI_E_INVALID_ENTRYID(80040107)]] I'm programming this in c# creating a com addin for outlook. What I need to do is find out the URL used to access the email through the outlook web access. I found an artical saying that we need to find the field PR_URL_COMP_NAME. The only way to access this is by using MAPI, so I need to find the message and store it in a MAPI.Message, to access this field. Am I making any sense? Thank you in advance, Simon ...

Outlook as MAPI default
I changed my MAPI default from Outlook to Outlook Express. How do I change it back?????? Thanks Control Panel | Internet Options | Programs tab. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:000401c3bc6f$6c421e10$a001280a@phx.gbl, Scott wrote: > I changed my MAPI default from Outlook to Outlook > Express. How do I change it back?????? > > Thanks ...

Problem with MAPI
Hi, all, is it possible to retrieve the attributes of an email/sms message like PR_MESSAGE_DELIVERY_TIME, PR_MESSAGE_SIZE. Seemingly it is only possible to retrieve the attributes like PR_SUBJECT, PR_SENDER_NAME. My codes are as following, ___________________________________________________________________ SRowSet *pRowSet = NULL; SizedSPropTagArray(3, tblMessages) = {3,{PR_SENDER_NAME, PR_SUBJECT, PR_ENTRYID}}; pIInboxTable->SetColumns((LPSPropTagArray)&tblMessages, 0); hr = pIInboxTable->QueryRows(1, 0, &pRowSet); if(pRowSet->cRows != 1) break; ________________...