MAPI spooler getting shut down for Outlook 2k

Hi,
I am writing a MAPI transport provider  that is working fine with
Outlook XP. But when I tested the same with the Outlook 2K, when the
transport provider is loaded, the spooler is getting shut down.
Can anyone tell about the possible reasons which could cause the shut
down of spooler?
Also are there any differences in the Transport provider loading in
Outlook 2K and Outlook XP as with Outlook XP i am running fine but
getting the problem only with Outlook 2K?
I understand the MAPI version of both should be different but my
transport provider is very simple and does only basic things, so i
thought the version change would not have any special handling
required.
Appreciate any help.

Thanks and regards,
Bhushan
0
bkharabe (1)

Outlook Express store directory
Hi, I used to back up my Outlook Express emails by copying all the dbx (I think thats what they were) files to another location. I haven't done this for a while and can't for the life of me work out where they are. I've looked where I thought they were, but no luck. Can someone tell me where the Outlook Express 6 (in Win XP Pro) store directory is? Thanks, Erik ...

Cannot get bond investment to calculate correctly
Hi I have found this problem both with Microsoft Money 2003, and 2004. I am running Windows 98SE. I have found a problem whenever I use Money to enter a debenture stock item. If I have invested in 5000 units at $1.00, the programme automatically arrives at a total of $50. Has anyone found this same problem? Alan In microsoft.public.money, Alan wrote: > > >I have found this problem both with Microsoft Money 2003, >and 2004. >I am running Windows 98SE. >I have found a problem whenever I use Money to enter a >debenture stock item. > >If I have invested in 5...

getting dates on my graph
I can not solve the problem with being able to put the dates in my graph. Since it is a bar chart the x and y axis are flipped. How can I get the dates put in on the y- axis. I would be happy to be able to send the file if someone thinks they can solve this. thanks jj ...

MAPI "OpenMsgStore" failed
Help this is the error I am getting: The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: You do not have permission to log on. The MAPI provider failed. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 8004011d-0519-00000000 Source: MSExchangeSA Category: MAPI Session EventID: 9175 This shows up about once a min. in the event log - but everything seems to be working OK. This is a new Exchange 2003 setup - We had a single label domain on our old server - To fix, I installed a new sever and used EXMERGE to try to bring mail over from the old server. While trying...

Outlook 2003 changes to Outlook bar
Hi I have the following script that adds a shortcut to the companies phone directory to the "Outlook bar". This works with Outlook 2000 and Outlook XP but with Outlook 2003 it fails. It gives me "Object Required: ol.ActiveExplorer". I have tried to debug the script (obiously slightly changed so it works within the Visual Studio) but still cannot see why this is the case because ActiveExplorer object exists in the Outlook Object browser. I was expecting the error with "Item("OutlookBar")" as the Outlook Bar has been changed/merged with the folder lis...

Getting Excel Data from One Sheet to Another....
Hey Guys, I have the following Excel problem at work and I am not sure how to solve it. Here is the low down: Excel Sheet #1 Data (First line is the header - [Person and Job]) Person Job --------------------------------------- Fred ? Fred ? Sam ? Kevin ? Kevin ? Julie ? Excel Sheet #2 Data (First line is the Header - [Person and Job]) Person Job --------------------------------------- Fred Mop Boy Julie Hostess Sam Burger Man Kevin Manager Now here is the situation that I have. Based on the how the "Person" Column corresponds to the "Job" Column in Exce...

why am i getting file folder 1033 opening when I click on news?
I am trying to set up my newsreader i placed the news tab on toolbar but when i click on it, it just opens up file folder 1033 Sylvie <Sylvie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to set up my newsreader i placed the news tab on toolbar > but when i click on it, it just opens up file folder 1033 Open IE, click Tools>Internet Options>Programs, and make sure the News drop-down contains Outlook Express. -- Brian Tillman object doThanks very much have done that i seem to have a further problem though it looks like my Outlook express6 is opening as my newsreade...

Outlook 2007 pictures disappear when forwarding or pasting
I received an E-mail with pictures in it. When I chose "Forward", the pictures disappeared. Only the boxes remained. I tried copy & paste to MS Word and they pasted OK. I tried pasting into a new E-Mail, but they disappeared whether using Rich Text or HTML formatting! What is going on?? ...

MAPI in GP
Hello All, Can anyone assist me in detail how can i use MAPI feature in Great Plains 9.0. -- With Regards Junaid Idrees Associate Project Manager Enterprise Business Solutions That depends on what you mean by "use the MAPI feature in Great Plains". What are you trying to accomplish? patrick mbs developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Junaid Idrees" <junaid_rms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB1AE16F-FE51-4465-9643-83F6A15EC763@microsoft.com... > Hello All, > > Can...

Outlook "Out of Office Assistant"
I tried to use the "Out of Office Assistant" which is supposed to be located under the tools menu. I can't seem to find it. Does anyone know why? Is it a special addin that I need to get off the disk? Thanks, Laura it's only there (because it only works) if you're running on an exchange server (i.e. in an office environment). Otherwise you'd need to leave your PC turned on whilst you're away in order to get it to reply. N "Laura" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:007601c3ce41$57e000c0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I tr...

How many contacts can outlook have?
What number of contacts can MS Outlook sustain? Hello, The following article discussed the storage limits imposed on Outlook, and the number of items that can be contained in Outlook folders. This article also applies to Outlook 2002. 208480 OL2000: (CW) Purpose and Capacity of Outlook Storage Facilities http://support.microsoft.com/?id=208480 -- Thank you for choosing Microsoft, Ryan This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. OR if you wish to include a script sample in your post please add "Use of included script samples are subjec...

extended mapi
Hi, I want some help/hint on how we can place an image in the header of the preview pane using Extended MAPI. This would be for Outlook and Outlook express also. We can show a thumbnail of sender in the righthand space of the preview pane header where we see sender, receiver email addresses and subject in gray background. Thanks, shahaji ...

#DIV/0!.......how to get rid of it
Have a spreadsheet....one column keeps coming up with #DIV/0!.........I know reasons as of to why, etc etc............is there anyway have the #DIV/0! values disappear from a column? On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 06:39:01 -0700, "renold1958" <renold1958@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Have a spreadsheet....one column keeps coming up with #DIV/0!.........I know >reasons as of to why, etc etc............is there anyway have the #DIV/0! >values disappear from a column? If column A has a price and column B has a weight, and you're dividing these to get the price per p...

MAPI
My Canon Camera A70 instructions tell me that my email program ( Outlook) must be set up as a MAPI client in order to send an image as an attachment to an email using Zoom Browser EX. How do I do this Is Outlook your default email program to send/receive email - or do you have it set to Outlook Express or some other third party program? Check Control Panel - Internet Properties - Programs and see if Microsoft Outlook is selected for email. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01da01c3a0be$37d17490$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My Canon Camera A70 instructions tell...

Restore Outlook 2003
I had a problem with my HD which required reformatting the drive. Fortunately, I did have my outlook.pst file backed-up. I have now reinstalled Windows XP Pro and MS Office 2003. When I entered Outlook, I did not see my email messages or contacts. So, I copied my backed-up copy of outlook.pst to the outlook directory (beneath the My Documents directory) and clicked File/Open/Outlook Data File. Then they appeared in separate places on my screen. I have several questions at this point. 1. Have I proceeded correctly so far in trying to get back to my original state before the HD problem? 2....

Backing Up Outlook.pst to CD
I used to easily find location of all my Outlook.pst files in order to back up to CD quickly. Recently had a crashed harddrive, and easily restored my files to new harddrive. Now I can't find location of current .pst files to back up to CD anew. Where are the full files? I know it's a large file and easily recognizable once found. Open Outlook, right click on personal folders and select properties > advanced. Dialog box should list drive/path/filename information so you can quickly locate it. "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

MAPI problem
Hello, in my application, I'm using MAPI to get some messages in the mailbox. I'm using MAPIFindNext to browse mails. On a big mailbox (about 1500 messages) I have no problems with thunderbird, but with Outlook 2003 it's very slow and if I open a new application, I can't work with it because it loose focus when my app loop. here is a sample that demonstrate it: BOOL bOK = TRUE; CString cursor; while (bOK) { char result[513]; try { m_LastMAPIError=MAPIFindNext(hSession(), hparent, NULL , cursor, MAPI_LONG_MSGID, 0, result); if (m_LastMAPIError==SUC...

Exchange 2003 getting clogged?
Hello all, A client of mine wrote me the following IM's earlier regarding his boss's email account. It appears that there hasn't been any change in configurations on the server and that it was just noticed today/very recently. While I'm not an Exchange2003 expert, I have used it a little and never ran across any clients that have used it before until now. Does anyone have any suggestions at what route to take when reading this? I admit this discussion with me and the client seems to be broad, but I was trying to gather as much info as possible to troubleshoot: Clie...

Outlook 2003-Does Not Terminate
I was noticing that my computer would take an inordinately long time (like 10 minutes) to complete its shutdown from time to time. I've finally isolated the problem-- it only occurs when OUTLOOK.EXE is still shown as a running process in the Task Manager. (Note that the APPLICATION is not running, just the process, showing 16,788 KB.) I've tried using the END PROCESS command, but to no avail. (I get the warning message, and click YES, but nothing happens.) How can I find out what's causing this, and how do I stop it from happening? There doesn't seem to be any rhyme...

How to get background and text color of edit control for XP Edit control?
Hi, I have a subcassed owner drawn edit control and need to use the correct system colors under XP (comctrl6). GetSystemColor() doesn't seem to support this. Any idea? Thank's a lot! Regards, Harald "Harald" <Dietewich.H@zdf.de> wrote in message news:OXrV0JnnFHA.3568@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I have a subcassed owner drawn edit control and need to use the correct > system colors under XP (comctrl6). GetSystemColor() doesn't seem to support > this. Any idea? Thank's a lot! Just what is an owner drawn edit control? Anyway, I think either t...

Outlook Client in 3.0
Hi, Using Outlook client was buggy, Synch was a nightmare to maintain, a lot of companies gave up on it and only used web client in 1.2 3.0 was suppossed to fix those issues. One of our clients is considering upgrading to 3.0, and this time I would rather recommend web client, if I know that outlook solution wont work. Searching for outlook 3.0, I read a lot of posts that talk about same issues that we used to have with 1.2. If you have implemented upgrade or 3.0, please comment on your experience. Has anything improved ? Is the synch any better ? Thanks The new client is more re...

Outlook Form #3
I've created a form on Outlook with text boxes and check boxes On page 2 of a message form. When I open the form and complete it, the check boxes I complete do not stay checked when the form is e-mailed. What do I need to do to ensure the check boxes remained checked? Each control needs to be bound to an Outlook property. I suspect you didn't do that for the check boxes. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Pat Ward" <...

Help
Hello, Ever since we started using exchange, there are certain client/company e-mails that exchange has a problem delivering to certain people. We get the deliver status notification, then it comes back as undeliverable. I read in the exchange administrator namual that we can configure Exchange to rely on our internal DNS server, which I'm assuming is our server trying to resolve external names. Is there a special setting that I need to configure to make sure that all w-mails get routed to the right location? Thanks Valeria ...

outlook 2000 wont open #2
When I try to open outlook 2000, I receive a message that says a problem has been encountered and outlook needs to shut down, I then get the error report screen. Any ideas? ...

how do i get my product key ?
i just got my laptop, and i need to use microsoft publisher for a project. it keeps asking me for a product key that i do not have. How would i be able to find out what my product key is without having a certificate of authenticity for a refference? only1davie@msn.com wrote: || i just got my laptop, and i need to use microsoft publisher for a || project. it keeps asking me for a product key that i do not have. || How would i be able to find out what my product key is without || having a certificate of authenticity for a refference? You need to contact Microsoft direct for a product. Be s...