MAPI 1.0 error 220

When I right click on a file and try to "send to ... mail recipient", I get
an error message: "An error occurred while attempting to open the Windows
Address Book. Please specify a default mail delivery location in your
profile.  MAPI 1.0 [00000220]"  This is a new.  Up until recently everything
was working OK.

I have WinXP SP2 and use Outlook 2000 as my default email program.

0
nospam9607 (138)

What do you show as your defaults under Control Panel->Internet
Options->Programs Tab->Contact List?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Alex Cowley asked:

| When I right click on a file and try to "send to ... mail recipient",
| I get an error message: "An error occurred while attempting to open
| the Windows Address Book. Please specify a default mail delivery
| location in your profile.  MAPI 1.0 [00000220]"  This is a new.  Up
| until recently everything was working OK.
|
| I have WinXP SP2 and use Outlook 2000 as my default email program.

0
MillyS (3228)

MAPI "OpenMsgStore" failed
Help this is the error I am getting: The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: You do not have permission to log on. The MAPI provider failed. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 8004011d-0519-00000000 Source: MSExchangeSA Category: MAPI Session EventID: 9175 This shows up about once a min. in the event log - but everything seems to be working OK. This is a new Exchange 2003 setup - We had a single label domain on our old server - To fix, I installed a new sever and used EXMERGE to try to bring mail over from the old server. While trying...

MAPI in GP
Hello All, Can anyone assist me in detail how can i use MAPI feature in Great Plains 9.0. -- With Regards Junaid Idrees Associate Project Manager Enterprise Business Solutions That depends on what you mean by "use the MAPI feature in Great Plains". What are you trying to accomplish? patrick mbs developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Junaid Idrees" <junaid_rms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB1AE16F-FE51-4465-9643-83F6A15EC763@microsoft.com... > Hello All, > > Can...

No Free/Busy info displayed for after 1 Jan 2005
Hi Please assit if possible. My company makes use of the calendaring feature within exchange. All is working up to now, but when I try and view any information for or after 1 jan 2005 there is no information to display! PLEASE ASSIT ASAP I am experiencing the same problem, and have contacted 2 other organizations that I know use exchange and they are also experiencing this same issue. There is not free/busy data for 1 Jan 2005 or after. Config Exchange 2000 SP3 + Hotfix q320436 Dell Poweredge + 1Gb ram frank colson22 at hotmail com "Scott" wrote: > Hi Please assit if ...

Can I use 1 function in this case?
I have several control on my dialog. Each control has its message processing function. for example: ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_ADD, OnBnClickedButtonAdd) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_SUB, OnBnClickedButtonSub) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_MUL, OnBnClickedButtonMul) Can I just use 1 function to process all messages? ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_ADD, OnBnClickedButtonMath) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_SUB, OnBnClickedButtonMath) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_MUL, OnBnClickedButtonMath) If yes, how to decide which control send the message? Lookup ON_CONTROL_RANGE on MSDN. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "ka...

extended mapi
Hi, I want some help/hint on how we can place an image in the header of the preview pane using Extended MAPI. This would be for Outlook and Outlook express also. We can show a thumbnail of sender in the righthand space of the preview pane header where we see sender, receiver email addresses and subject in gray background. Thanks, shahaji ...

MAPI
My Canon Camera A70 instructions tell me that my email program ( Outlook) must be set up as a MAPI client in order to send an image as an attachment to an email using Zoom Browser EX. How do I do this Is Outlook your default email program to send/receive email - or do you have it set to Outlook Express or some other third party program? Check Control Panel - Internet Properties - Programs and see if Microsoft Outlook is selected for email. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01da01c3a0be$37d17490$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My Canon Camera A70 instructions tell...

#DIV/0!.......how to get rid of it
Have a spreadsheet....one column keeps coming up with #DIV/0!.........I know reasons as of to why, etc etc............is there anyway have the #DIV/0! values disappear from a column? On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 06:39:01 -0700, "renold1958" <renold1958@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Have a spreadsheet....one column keeps coming up with #DIV/0!.........I know >reasons as of to why, etc etc............is there anyway have the #DIV/0! >values disappear from a column? If column A has a price and column B has a weight, and you're dividing these to get the price per p...

Crystal Reports Rendering Problem CRM 1.2
Hi, We are having a problem with some of the Crystal Reports. Some chart based reports relating to Cases are not showing any keys or legends. However if the report is exported to word then Cases and legends are shown. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? kind regards, Les Greenhalgh Hi. The solution of your problem might be the resolution of you server. If you are logged remote on the server, are the pictures correct? If so, then you have to change the resolution on the server local. let me know if it works. I had the self problem. "Leslie Greenhalgh" wro...

set associations error
I'm getting the error "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel." Now, I've browsed this forum a bit, and I learned the Set Associations panel is for setting the default program for opening a file type. But my issue is this: I'm getting this error message when I tried to open up a computer game (specifically, Sacred.exe). What should I set to open up .exe programs? I've looked on the Set Associations panel, and I don't see .exe on the list of file types...

FYI 1.2 Licence Keys Available
FYI, I was able to logon to CustomerSource and see both my 1.0 and the new 1.2 license keys. ...

Question about multiple users errors
Hi, I have inhertied a database split to a back end and a front end, BE is on a network drive and the Front end is loaded on the users C drive. All users have been given full access to the folders. Problem: recently it its been seen that for some reason when one user access the database all others are locked out. This was not the situation before other users were able to use the database at the same time, I'm not sure what caused this problem if anyone has any ideas why this happened or how to fix it, it would be most appreciated. -Steve Have all the users close down the database and...

Reporting Estimated Close Date in 4.0
We have Est. Close Date on Opportunities set to date only in the customization. However, when reporting against that field, it gives you a 12PM or 12AM time stamp on all records. Is this a known issue? Or something I am missing? Thanks to all Kevin Further investigation seems to lead me to beilieve the customization setting is for how the field on the Opportunity is going to reacte. Furthermore, I find that the date in the database has random times, not just 12PM or AM. It looks like the database field was intended to maintain both. If anyone has any ideas on how to adjust this within ...

Decommission 1 CRM Server
Folks We have 4 CRM servers and I would like to decommission one server, the original CRM server but when it is down, all the outlook clients do not function and I have used the configuration tool to point them to a different CRM server - what step am I missing? Regards Gavin I do not know the intallation setup but i feel tht you have installed the client whie using the name of server like http://<server-name>:portnumber . The quick way to resolve is to change the registry values in the user's computer insead of re-configuring . ------ Aamir Blog : http://mscrmsupport.wo...

(1)Remote Access for Outlook Express; (2) Out-of-Town Notice
Hello Everyone! I am leaving for vacation. I would like to know how to: 1) access my Outlook Express e-mail account from a remote computer; and 2) send a notice to new e-mail senders that I am out of town. Last time I tried something like that it sent a note to my entire address book. New senders were clueless and wondered why I hadn't responded. Thank you in advance. Sabine Hi, Sabine - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will pro...

Error sending email to my exchange server
I have a Firebox Watchgaurd firewall using NAT. I have tested smtp connection by telneting to host. It works. When I send internal email everything works OK. But when I am sending email from external site I get the following error. host does not like recipient. Remote host said: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable Giving up on host In the last exciting episode, "Kamran Khayami" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a Firebox Watchgaurd firewall using NAT. >I have tested smtp connection by telneting to host. It >works. > >W...

Changing Language of Mac MS Word Version 12.1.3
The product was installed with Dutch menus and help files. How can this be changed to english? On 3/25/09 1:34 AM, in article 190C45F8-6AFE-4817-9BD0-3A139648F95D@microsoft.com, "ClarityMan" <ClarityMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > The product was installed with Dutch menus and help files. How can this be > changed to english? Unfortunately, it can't. You must purchase and install the English version. -- Bob Greenblatt [MVP], Macintosh bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom ...

Error# X80072F8F
Previously had same prob on Windows XP. Tried everything sent to me nothing worked This is months later when suddenly Freedom Firewall did not work (the data Freedom was attempting to process has been corrupted and is unusable message received and my AVG free anti virus (part for internet security showed not working) I had done nothing I am aware of. Suddenly automatic updates are coming through (43 in fact since it had been last year since I could access these) The microsoft website told me the steps to go through to unstall and reinstall the firewall;;I did and now it work...

GREX GNS18-32 18 Gauge 1/4-Inch Crown 1-1/4-Inch Length Galvanized &amp; Coated Staples (5,000 per box)
Price:$24.15 Image: http://specialdealfinder.info/image.php?id=B000KM0VLG Best deal: http://specialdealfinder.info/index.php?id=B000KM0VLG I'm usually pretty pleased with Amazon, but they really dropped the ball on these staples. I ordered two sizes of Grex staples (twice) and both times the merchandise arrived in a jumbled broken, mess. In the time I lost, I could have easily made half a dozen trips to the local tool supplier to buy competitive products. These staple boxes are really light weight and break during shipping. Looks like someone drop kicked them across the warehous...

C1041724 Error Occurs When You Try to Mount a Database
Database won't mount. I need some help. I found a microsoft bulleetin but it doesn't resolve the problem. I don't understand this bulletin. http://support.Microsoft.com/?id=294318 SYMPTOMS An internal processing error has occurred. Try restarting the Exchange System Manager or the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service, or both. ID no: C1041724 Exchange System Manager Cause This issue can occur if there is not a sufficient amount of free disk space on the drive that contains the databases that you are trying to mount. Resolution To resolve this issue, free up some disk sp...

550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias #2
I have a user trying to send to another user through Outlook 2003. When she sends email to the user, the following error message is returned- The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Zaira Lara on 4/12/2006 2:11 PM 550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias: zlara@vitracoatamerica.com Zaira Lara on 4/12/2006 2:11 PM 550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias: zlara@vitracoatamerica.com I've seen this error message posted elsewhere, but the posts were for people receiving this message from an external source for mail they did not send. Anybody have any ideas? ...

How to use mfc7.0 lib and dll in visual studio.net 2003?
i program active'x application in cad,it's only support mfc7.0 dll .i found mfc7.0 dll in my computer,but it required mfc7.0 lib when i compile code i think the import libraray for mfc7.dll is in ; "Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\atlmfc\lib" directory, try put this into include path of your project. ...

AUTD Troubleshootin tool error
Hello, I am receiving an error when I try to run the AUTD tool I downloaded from Technet. Once installed and created the virtual directory in IIS everything seems fine. After launching the site on my IE browser and upon entering the credentials on the form, the following error appears. "The specified user either does not exist or is not provisioned for AUTD". I have not had any luck finding any information from the web thus far. Does someone have a solution to this problem, or am I missing a link? Any information is appreciated. Thank you -- MCSE/MCSA A+ Network+ -- MCSE...

Adding rms v2.0 installation to existing rms v1.3 installation
I have an existing RMS v.1.3 installation on a server and I need to add to this installation 2 more databases to cater for 2 separate stores, I need to have 3 separate store databases on the server. I recently purchased a 1-User license and a 2-User license copy of RMS v2.0. I got one license string for the 1-user license and 2 license strings for the 2-User license. How do i add these databases to my server so that i can have 3 separate stores co-existing? And furthermore if i upgrade my existing rms v1.3 to 2.0 will my existing license and hardware key (the dongle) still work? Reg...

MAPI problem
Hello, in my application, I'm using MAPI to get some messages in the mailbox. I'm using MAPIFindNext to browse mails. On a big mailbox (about 1500 messages) I have no problems with thunderbird, but with Outlook 2003 it's very slow and if I open a new application, I can't work with it because it loose focus when my app loop. here is a sample that demonstrate it: BOOL bOK = TRUE; CString cursor; while (bOK) { char result[513]; try { m_LastMAPIError=MAPIFindNext(hSession(), hparent, NULL , cursor, MAPI_LONG_MSGID, 0, result); if (m_LastMAPIError==SUC...

Net 1.1/2.0 and authentication against oracle
Hello, I'm using two .net applications one in "1.1" et the second in "2.0". VB.net is the used language We have an oracle database with accounts and password. I use the Microsoft provider. I would like to activate authentication form against Oracle. Not to create a new table with my users but check directly in oracle for users. Do someone know how to do it or an Howto ? thanks a lot fabrice ...