Manually remove folders file (Outlook 2000)

hello,

MS Office 2000 (Outlook 2000 9.0.0.2711 IMO)
I have a user who appears to have 2 open folders, when i click on one of
them i get the following error:
"Unable to display the folder. The requested information store could not be
found in the active profile."

But his normal Outlook Today - Personal Folder is active and running
properly.

I can't remove this "dummy" folder file. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Cheers, yt

0
airyt (3)

AirYT <airyt@funkychickens.org> wrote:

> MS Office 2000 (Outlook 2000 9.0.0.2711 IMO)
> I have a user who appears to have 2 open folders, when i click on one
> of them i get the following error:
> "Unable to display the folder. The requested information store could
> not be found in the active profile."
>
> But his normal Outlook Today - Personal Folder is active and running
> properly.

This is a sign of a corrupt mail profile.  Time for a new one.  You'll have
to mess with the registry, though.  What version of Windows?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
5/4/2006 5:58:11 PM
As I recall, IMO was a bit more forgiving. It might not be necessary to hack
the registry. It may be possible simply to create a new PST file, set it as
the default, then restart Outlook and close both of the others. YMMV.

- File menu > New > Personal Folders file > New...
- Right-click on the root of the new set of folders in the folder pane (View
 > Folder List)
- Choose Properties
- Check the "Deliver POP mail" box
- Quit & restart Outlook
- Now you can Close the PST file that you were previously using (R-click on
that pst folder while in Folder View and select "Close <foldername>
Folders"). If you have any information in your former PST that you'd like to
transfer to your new default PST, you can drag and drop from one to the
other before you close the old one.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> AirYT <airyt@funkychickens.org> wrote:
>
>> MS Office 2000 (Outlook 2000 9.0.0.2711 IMO)
>> I have a user who appears to have 2 open folders, when i click on one
>> of them i get the following error:
>> "Unable to display the folder. The requested information store could
>> not be found in the active profile."
>>
>> But his normal Outlook Today - Personal Folder is active and running
>> properly.
>
> This is a sign of a corrupt mail profile.  Time for a new one.  You'll
> have to mess with the registry, though.  What version of Windows?
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
russval1 (2101)

Outlook Express #182
Can I get help on here for Outlook Express and, if not, does anyone know where I can? Many thanks. This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an outlook express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer...

Email message with Word or Excel file attached
Hi everyone and thanks for any help you can offer. One of you guys always seems to have the answer I need. I'm running XP Pro and Office 2007. I have my email set up in Outlook so that when I create a new blank message it already has my signature block in the document. When I'm working in Word or Excel and want to send the file I'm working as an email attachment, I go to the MS button, select Send as an attachment and it opens a blank Email message with the file already attached. Great - except the email message does not have my default signature block. Is...

OWA 2003
Hi all, I have a single Exchange Server 2003 Standard over Windows 2003 SP1. All installations where by default OWA was working well at the begining but in a moment we can not recall a problem started and now when we access our site/exchange IE displays the list of users as an FTP folder, then if i click my user i see the list of folders and if i click on a folfer i see the list of emails. I have double-checked the IIS configuration with other server that is working fine and i dont find any divergence. How can i solve this problem? Or, how can i make exchange recreate all the OWA struc...

Contact groups/folders
I am still using WXP and and Outlook Express but planning to change to W7 and WLM. I have installed WLM as my second email client and imported all message folders and the OE address book (WAB). My only problem is with the Contacts list in WLM. In the OE Address Book I stored my contacts divided into in 3 separate folders (sub-directories), e,g. Family, Friends, etc. On importing the contacts into WLM these separate folders disappeared. I can create new contact categories in WLM but that is not the same thing. When I start a new WLM email and click on To: I would like to be ab...

Unblock Attachments in Outlook 2007
A friend sent me a couple of Vista sidebar gadgets (at my request) via email, and I cannot download them. Any way to unblock them? you can edit the registry or use an add-in to edit it for you. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.asp#tools -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchang...

How do I manually flag to exit Context Sensitive Help mode
I have overridden the OnSysCommand() routine in my dialog class implementation file to catch the SC_CONTEXTHELP message (When the user clicks on the ? button in the title bar). I'm cating this message so that I can bring up my own help dialog that describes the entire dialog instead of making the user click on a dialog item after clicking on the ? button. My problem is that the ? button stays depressed (Indicating it's currently in Context help mode) if for some reason the help dialog doesn't come up. There's got to be some flag that I set to indicate that we're out of cont...

Outlook 2000 Recipient Limitations
I need to send one email message to 16,000 email addresses. Can I do this? any limitations as to how many people can be addressed in one message? Your ISP sets that limit -- check with them. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:028301c39e52$534985a0$a301280a@phx.gbl, Paul Rivera wrote: > I need to send one email message to 16,000 email > addresses. Can I do this? any limitations as to how many > people can be addressed in one mes...

How do I convert an existing Publisher file to Word or Powerpoint?
You need to copy and paste from Publisher into Word/Powerpoint. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Why do you want to do this? For more purposes, there are much better alternatives to converting to Word or PowerPoint format. (See www.primopdf.com for one of the quickest and easiest) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm ...

The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available.
Hi, One of our users is experiencing a problem where she is unable to access her archived inbox. Sometimes it works fine but then other times it doesn't. When you click on the archived personal folder I get the following message: "The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available." Please can someone help, or at least point me in the right direction. Kind regards, Rabi Version of Outlook? Size of the pst-file? Tried repairing it with scanpst.exe already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Ic...

Problem when Loading XSL file using XslCompiledTransform
Hi, I am testing the scenario to migrate from MSMXL4 to .NET2.0 system.xml. I experienced xsl file loading problem whenever the xsl file have a user defined script in it. The error message is as follow: "Objects of type 'Script2' do not have such a member" The above error only happens when I set the XsltSettings.TrustedXslt ans use the following statement to load xsl file: objxslcompiledtransform.Load(input, XsltSettings.TrustedXslt , new XmlUrlResolver()); Can anyone tell me what is happening here? Sample Xsl script: <msxsl:script language="javascript" ...

Default Folder Display
When I create a new folder within Outlook 2003 it defaults to "show in groups". Is there a way to change the default to not do so? Thanks, Jim http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE...

masive remove share records
Hi, is there any way to remove many share records at the same time? using the sdk...not using the interface ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Alejandro Jara" <ajara@intcon.com.mx> wrote in message news:B6C67379-90BF-456A-9A37-7C57DDEEAE0E@microsoft.com... > Hi, is there any way to remove many share records at the same time? ...

Outlook as a networked application
Can anyone tell me how to setup Outlook as a networked application? 2 machines (XP Pro) on a small network. I want to 'share' the Inbox and, if possible, the Sent folder so that both machines are 'synced'. Contacts, Calendar and other data is less important You cannot do this natively. You can use a third party tool like; http://tinyurl.com/49lzg For other solutions see; http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service...

How do I transfer Outlook 2002 files to another computer?
-- Thank You, 13Marcia13 By reading any of the daily posts here that answer your question. If you have any questions after that, post them in sufficient detail in the body of the post, not the Subject. -- Russ Valentine "13Marcia13" <13Marcia13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B9DA2D6-FF25-4B39-89B8-AFE381D972AD@microsoft.com... > > -- > Thank You, > 13Marcia13 ...

protecting a file
I need to make a postcard I have created in Publisher accessible to all of the agents in my office, but I only want them to be able to change certain areas of the document (such as their picture and personal information), not the entire document. Can this be done in Publisher 2003, and if so, how? Do all of your agents have Publisher? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "lmcleod1980" <lmcleod1980@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD8FB116-FFE5-4E97-9C43-8F01E0891E6B@microsoft.com... &g...

Want IMAP mail in Personal folders inbox
I would like to have all my imap mail come into my inbox that is found in my personal folders. I tried making a rule for this, but it would not work. I will also be content if I could make MS OL go to the folder that has the new mail, rahter than an empty Inbox found in personal folders--that way I would not have to click the imap folder every time I get new mail. Thanks, whicky1978 ...

remove markups
I've gone through everything posted here and I still have strike thru's and red text. It looks like x-mas! when I try to accept or remove changes I get a msg there is nothing to accept. Perhaps the document was marked up with something other than Word's Track Changes feature, such as DeltaView. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "ladyred1101" <ladyred1101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC400C62-7725-4361-95D3-EDCAC98A520E@microsoft.com... > I've gone t...

proxy authentication in outlook 2003
i tried configuring outlook 2003 to use msn mail using internet e-mail settings. Outlook is not able to connect to msn. the error reported is "proxy authentication required" I can connect to internet only through a proxy server, but where do I give this informtion in outlook to make outlook connect to the net using proxy authentication? In the Internet E-mail connection settings I have specified "connect using my LAN" Thanks in advance ...

Adobe files will not open
I recently installed abobe 7.0. When I try to open an Adobe file that is attached to an email I get the error "the system cannot find the path specified." Adobe files open fine everywhere else. How can I get outlook to open these files. I am using Outlook 2002 SP-2 on Windows XP SP2. Thanks Also if I save the file to my computer first adobe opens them fine. "troy" <troyds@deltaprocess(NoSpam).com> wrote in message news:eSzF2dA9EHA.1524@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I recently installed abobe 7.0. When I try to open an Adobe file that is >attached to an e...

Transfer from Mail to Outlook
How do I deactivate Microsft Mail as the default email program. I have installed Outlook and set it as the default, but Mail is also the default. Two programs can't be default. Go to control panel, default programs and set outlook as default for everything. If you have accounts set up in mail, remove them. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook a...

Dst for exchange and outlook
just wondering if the dst update for exchange 2003 sp2(kb 926666) is all you need for exchange/outlook related updating for dst. Or do you need to run the Exchange calendar update tool, on all the outlook clients, as well. Long answer: http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2007/02/dst-2007-understanding-what-needs-to-be.html Short answer: 1) User workstations & servers: Apply DST 2007 time zone update (KB 931836 for XP SP2 and Windows Server 2003) 2) Rebase items (using by having users run the Outlook Calendar Update Tool (TzMove.exe) or by running the Exchange Calendar Update Tool (MsExTmz....

Saving files #2
I have a fairly large (4mb) excel file that many people in my company use. Lately, most of the users are unable to save their changes. The message is simply "Document Not Saved". Any help is most appreciated!! Check out these threads about "document not saved" on google. http://snipurl.com/d7fr You may find out the source of the problem. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 07:34:06 -0700 (PDT), dkc <dcorey@airnow.com> wrote: >I have a fairly large (4mb) excel file that many people in my company >use. Lately, most of the users are unable to...

Outlook URL links
How do I create standard URL links in the body of an outlook message???? For example: <A HREF="http://www.bbc.co.uk">text to display</A> ...

File sharing of Money files with Vista
I recently upgraded to Vista and to Money Plus and have begun to use multiple user accounts on my PC. I have set up the .mny file to be shared with my wife who uses a different user account. It works for the first time she signs into Money, then, I am able to use Money with my account, but after I have used Money and she later desires to open Money again she cannot. When I, as administrator look at the file sharing rights they have reverted to only me as a user. What it going on? Thank you in advance for any help that you can provide. -- rogerminn Money is definitely not designed to be...

Possible to copy and paste to a new outlook msg?
Is it possible to create a macro to copy the info from a few specific cells, create a new outlook message and paste the copied info into the new message? Thanks. Hi Derrick, Take a look at John Walkenbach's Sending Personalized Email from Excel, John Walkenbach, Tip 86, Using Outlook http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip86.htm Mail Merge - Without Word, John Walkenbach, Tip 92, in Excel, of course. (This is the one with the Elephant -- Elephants R Us). http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip92.htm You could also do this with a hyperlink, but may run into problems with length....