Manually linking items to contacts Activities tab in outlook 2007

I have email linked to those contacts i want to view past emails in their
"activities" tab.  But i'm not seeing the option to link other items to a
contact (i dont have Business Contact Manager)....like an email or a note or
a task....i don't see an option in any toolbar to form a link...please help.
0
runspud (3)

Did i find it maybe?  do i r-click the message and choose "message options"
and then fill out "contact" field?  i'm used to the lingo "link to" from
older versions of OL---this seems a bit time-consuming

"runspud" wrote:

> I have email linked to those contacts i want to view past emails in their
> "activities" tab.  But i'm not seeing the option to link other items to a
> contact (i dont have Business Contact Manager)....like an email or a note or
> a task....i don't see an option in any toolbar to form a link...please help.
0
runspud (3)
11/30/2007 5:25:00 PM
runspud <runspud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have email linked to those contacts i want to view past emails in
> their "activities" tab.  But i'm not seeing the option to link other
> items to a contact (i dont have Business Contact Manager)....like an
> email or a note or a task....i don't see an option in any toolbar to
> form a link...please help.

Outlook 2007, perhaps?  Tools>Options>Contact Options>Show Contact Linking
on All Forms.  I don't think it will show on the message form, however.  For
that, I think you're stuck with View>Options.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
11/30/2007 8:43:45 PM
yes,,,it is outlook 2007 that i'm working with.  thanks for your answer...i
had selected "contact linking on all forms" and that helped with linking some
activities...but as you say...linking an existing email to a contact that did
not author it seems to require rt.clicking message...message options...then
scrolling through all contacts to find the one to whom you want to link the
message.  Anybody have a shortcut that works?
"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> runspud <runspud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I have email linked to those contacts i want to view past emails in
> > their "activities" tab.  But i'm not seeing the option to link other
> > items to a contact (i dont have Business Contact Manager)....like an
> > email or a note or a task....i don't see an option in any toolbar to
> > form a link...please help.
>
> Outlook 2007, perhaps?  Tools>Options>Contact Options>Show Contact Linking
> on All Forms.  I don't think it will show on the message form, however.  For
> that, I think you're stuck with View>Options.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
runspud (3)

how do you activate outlook attachment options task pane
Have used the the attachment options task pane to downsize image sizes in the past, but it no longer automatically pops up and have no idea how to turn it back on - any ideas anyone. Thanks ...

Exact Copy of Linked Cells in Excel
I have a Main information Sheet that links to corresponding othe sheets. When I type into the main cell, it will link the letter that type, but bold portions and fill color does not link. How can I hav an exact copy of my main cell? (I used Paste Special-Paste Link t link the cell) I attached an example of what it is doing. "Main Sheet" is what I wan my linked sheet to look like. "Linked Sheet" depicts what actuall happens with the link. Thanks, Jo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi formulas (that is your linked cell) can only return values. Ther...

Outlook Express security
How do I stop Outlook Express from removing attachments from trusted senders? Tools-> Options-> tab Security-> option Do not allow attachments... Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Save Embedded Pictu...

Web Link Opens a wrong page in Outlook 2002
When you click on a link for a webpage in outlook, it takes to the wrong page or gives a message "page cannot be displayed". Can anyone shed some light, if you had ever seen this problem. Thanks, Dan. ...

No response using "Customize Outlook Today..."
I noticed that when my Outlook 2000 program starts, it was not going to the Outlook Today view, but was showing me my Inbox view. On a toolbar, I selected Outlook Today and once I see this view I selected the link in the upper right-hand corner called "Customize Outlook Today" so that I could change the way Outlook starts. Unfortunately, when I select "Customize Outlook Today", nothing happens. Does anyone know why and what can I do to make it usable? My current theme is the Winter theme, which again, is only viewable if I select the Outlook Today toolbar button. Thanks, ...

Add gridlines (NOT print or display) for Excel 2007
I know how to add gridlines for Excel 2003. However, someone in their infinite wisdom (yeah?!) decided to make Office 2007 products difficult to use, hard to find icons, unable to set up personal toolbars with favorite icons, etc. I can't find how to ADD gridlines. Through a search of Help, they show you how to display/hide/print/not print, etc. but NOT how to add them. I copied part of a spreadsheet from a 2003 Excel file. BUT, when I add new rows, none of the new rows have gridlines. I can't find how to add thjem. Hi Press the Round Office button>Excel Options>Adv...

Tab Key acting like Alt-Tab
Lately, when I've been trying to use the tab key, I get that Windows switch thing that supposed to happen when you alt-tab. I don't know whether I'm doing something to make that happen or need to re-map my keyboard. It usually starts after I'm using FaceBook weirdly enough. Any ideas? Could be option enabled in "Ease of Access" (used to be called by a more sensible name "Accessibility"). So check those options, e.g. 'sticky keys" options, etc. If that doesn't solve issue, are you sure "Alt" is not faulty i.e. not stuck...

OUTLOOK 2003 cannot empty "Deleted Items"
There is a discarde folder in my "Deleted Items" folder. This folder cannot be permanently deleted. The only way I can empty the "deleted items" folder is with one of the following workarounds: move the folder to another location first, or highlight the messages in the main "deleted items" folder and press shift+delete. However, the basic problem remains of being unable to delete the items in this discarded folder, or the folder itself. I have run scanpst.ext and repaired the outlook .pst file to see if that would help. It did not. The exact message, wh...

E-mail links
After switching from my ISP dail up to cable I am unable to click on a link in outlook 2002. It opens the browser but does not fill in the address. Any suggestions would be appreciated Thankyou Do other URL links within the Windows environment (in a word doc, on the desktop etc) also result in this behaviour? I had something similar to this happening for many many months. It turned out a few DLL's had to be reregistered. I actually don't recall exactly what I did... I know urlmon.dll was one of them... but there were a few others in my case that needed to be registered. There are ...

Manual backup of exchange.
I am having VSS errors while trying to backup my database. What ever backup app I use, shows a successful backup. However the eventviewer in exchange is telling me the backup failed. Right now my biggest concern is making sure I have a good backup. I plan on addressing the vss issue this weekend. for now, How do I make a manual backup? Do I stop the information store and manually copy the database and logs? What specifically do I need to copy? Any help is appreciated. I forgot to mention that its exchange 2007, Server 2008. "Brian" <brokenframe@hotmail.com>...

Transfer from Mail to Outlook
How do I deactivate Microsft Mail as the default email program. I have installed Outlook and set it as the default, but Mail is also the default. Two programs can't be default. Go to control panel, default programs and set outlook as default for everything. If you have accounts set up in mail, remove them. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook a...

Dst for exchange and outlook
just wondering if the dst update for exchange 2003 sp2(kb 926666) is all you need for exchange/outlook related updating for dst. Or do you need to run the Exchange calendar update tool, on all the outlook clients, as well. Long answer: http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2007/02/dst-2007-understanding-what-needs-to-be.html Short answer: 1) User workstations & servers: Apply DST 2007 time zone update (KB 931836 for XP SP2 and Windows Server 2003) 2) Rebase items (using by having users run the Outlook Calendar Update Tool (TzMove.exe) or by running the Exchange Calendar Update Tool (MsExTmz....

Outlook URL links
How do I create standard URL links in the body of an outlook message???? For example: <A HREF="http://www.bbc.co.uk">text to display</A> ...

Linking styles to Body Text style
I'm curious how the pros link their "body text" style to other styles.... assuming they do. The reason for my question is how I defined my List Styles and some non-TOC heading styles. First, I decided to use a "vanilla" body text style (call it bt1) without the "leading" (space before/after the paragraph) that I use for most of my documents. I then linked (based on) that style (bt1) to my list, heading and other styles. And I defined another Body Text style (call it bt2) with the leading I normally use for documents and linked it to tha...

Synchronize outlook between two machines
I use XP Professional and Outlook 2002. I want to synchronize my outlook files between two machines over a LAN. I do not have Microsoft Exchange Server. How do I do this? This type of synchronization is not built into Outlook. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm for possible solutions. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dennis Holstein" <holsteindk@aol.com> wrote in message news:06aa01c3b3cb$480424f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I use XP Professional and Outlook 2002. I want to > synchronize my outlook files between two machines over a > LAN. I do not have Micros...

Creating a contact group from text file
I got 10 e-mail addresses in a word text file can I somehow make it into an address group or contacts without having to open a card manualy for each one and typing name nickname e-mail etc.? thnx L. You need to make sure it is in the correct order, however, you can add commas between fields and import it as comma deliminated file. It is one of the options for importing. "ronba" <lironba@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1c7e9546.0411091706.7c3adb96@posting.google.com... > I got 10 e-mail addresses in a word text file > can I somehow make it into an address group or c...

Duplicate Receivables Items Found
Does anybody knows how to fix duplicate receivable items found between tables RM10201 and RM20101? The Automated Solution to find RM duplicates found records when comparing the tables listed above. -- Hector Herrera Business Systems Analyst II Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation Chicago, IL USA Hi Hector, Can you please brief a bit more on the requirement. Regards Balaji On Feb 17, 11:13=A0am, Hector Herrera <HectorHerr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anybody knows how to fix duplicate receivable items found between ta= bles > RM10201 ...

outlook 2003 is not sending or recieving
help. I have just installed office 2003 and for some reason the outlook send and recieve does not work. it tells me that something is missing and gives me an ok button. ????? Does it mention specifically what's 'missing'? "Troy Connor" <Troy Connor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95EE245C-4D52-4626-9B4A-77CFE904C591@microsoft.com... > help. I have just installed office 2003 and for some reason the outlook > send > and recieve does not work. it tells me that something is missing and gives > me > an ok button. ????? ...

Can't Open Microsoft Office Outlook
I've been using Microsoft Office Outlook, but today I got an error message: "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook Window". Any suggestions? TIA, Maureen Maureen You will need to repost to the Outlook newsgroup. This is not an Outlook newsgroup that you posted to. In your repost state the version of your Outlook and also your Windows version. In the meanwhile see if you can open Outlook with the Safe switch. Type the following but notice the space between exe and / Start > Run > outlook.exe /safe Outlook newsgroup news:...

Activities in Related Entities
Hi, When an activity is created for a contact which is a primary contact for an account then this activity shows up in Contact and Account. Is there any way to create this kind of relationship between a custom entity and an Account (OOTB) entity? Thanks. The problem isn't in the relationship. It's in the view. If you notice, when you examine the Activities area of the Account record, there is an "Include" drop-down box that indicates you're looking at "Related 'Regarding' Records". This is a special view that Microsoft has included to locate...

Links do not open IE
Hello, As the subject line indicates, the links that I click on inside e-mails do not open IE; instead I receive an error dialog window with the following message: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application." However, if I have already opened IE, clicking on a link in an e-mail will effect the change of site address and go to the respective page. System: Windows XP SP2 Outlook XP 2002 SP3 IE 6.0.2900 SP2 This problem became after trying out another browser and uninstalling it. I have tried uninstalling IE and reinstal...

Unblock Attachments in Outlook 2007
A friend sent me a couple of Vista sidebar gadgets (at my request) via email, and I cannot download them. Any way to unblock them? you can edit the registry or use an add-in to edit it for you. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.asp#tools -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchang...

How do I manually flag to exit Context Sensitive Help mode
I have overridden the OnSysCommand() routine in my dialog class implementation file to catch the SC_CONTEXTHELP message (When the user clicks on the ? button in the title bar). I'm cating this message so that I can bring up my own help dialog that describes the entire dialog instead of making the user click on a dialog item after clicking on the ? button. My problem is that the ? button stays depressed (Indicating it's currently in Context help mode) if for some reason the help dialog doesn't come up. There's got to be some flag that I set to indicate that we're out of cont...

scanning same items over
hello everybody, is there any function in RMS that we can enable so that if we scan the same item 5 times one after another it just shows one line in POS and changes the quantity to 5 instead of displaying the same product in 5 different lines. thank you No sir, only way they will appear on the same line is to enter quantity * scan. i.e. multiply. "Shoby" wrote: > hello everybody, > is there any function in RMS that we can enable so that if we scan > the same item 5 times one after another it just shows one line in POS and > changes the q...

Real-time charting of DDE links
Is it possible to chart DDE links in real-time in Excel? Could someone please point me in the right direction to find out how this can be done. Thanks! Could you provide a few more details about what you need? I've dabbled in this area just a bit. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "andy" <andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A30B72E5-931A-4B35-87A2-645C0A1EB5DF@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to chart DDE links in real-time in Excel? Co...