Manually archive Outlook Journal items: wdkcalex.dll can't be loaded/installed

I created a PST file "Personal Folder2006-2009" so that I can drag
into it old mail, calendar items, and journal items.  Within that PST
file, I created three folders (one for each of the three classes of
items).  When I dragged the mail and calendar items into that PST
file, I had no problem.  When I dragged my journal items into that
file, I got the error message

"The add-in "C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SapGui\wdkcalex.dll" could
not be installed or loaded.  The problem may be resolved by using
Detect and Repair on the Help menu."  [ OK ]

I had to press OK about 12 times before this message stopped showing.
I am not aware of using any application related to SAP.

I have the following two questions:

1. How can I tell whether I lost anything in the transfer?

2. What is that file for, and do I have to worry about it?
0
Paul

Have you verified that path on your computer? Does the SAP folder exist?

1) Hard to say, you'll have to compare with your backups.
2) Provided you indeed don't have anything installed from SAP, locate
outcmd.dat and extend.dat and rename them to .old.
For details see;
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/19

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Paul" <paul.domaskis@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I created a PST file "Personal Folder2006-2009" so that I can drag
> into it old mail, calendar items, and journal items.  Within that PST
> file, I created three folders (one for each of the three classes of
> items).  When I dragged the mail and calendar items into that PST
> file, I had no problem.  When I dragged my journal items into that
> file, I got the error message
>
> "The add-in "C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SapGui\wdkcalex.dll" could
> not be installed or loaded.  The problem may be resolved by using
> Detect and Repair on the Help menu."  [ OK ]
>
> I had to press OK about 12 times before this message stopped showing.
> I am not aware of using any application related to SAP.
>
> I have the following two questions:
>
> 1. How can I tell whether I lost anything in the transfer?
>
> 2. What is that file for, and do I have to worry about it?

0
Roady
1/12/2010 8:31:29 PM
It's the SAP Calendar Synchronization Extension for Microsoft Outlook. It's
used for calendar sync with SAP. I'm not sure why it would error on journal
item, unless you accidently dropped them on the calendar folder.

I don't think you lost anything, but its impossible to know unless you
notice something missing.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?

"Paul" <paul.domaskis@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I created a PST file "Personal Folder2006-2009" so that I can drag
> into it old mail, calendar items, and journal items.  Within that PST
> file, I created three folders (one for each of the three classes of
> items).  When I dragged the mail and calendar items into that PST
> file, I had no problem.  When I dragged my journal items into that
> file, I got the error message
>
> "The add-in "C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SapGui\wdkcalex.dll" could
> not be installed or loaded.  The problem may be resolved by using
> Detect and Repair on the Help menu."  [ OK ]
>
> I had to press OK about 12 times before this message stopped showing.
> I am not aware of using any application related to SAP.
>
> I have the following two questions:
>
> 1. How can I tell whether I lost anything in the transfer?
>
> 2. What is that file for, and do I have to worry about it?

0
Diane
1/12/2010 8:40:44 PM
Since it's on a server, I rely on the organization to back up
according to their schedule...however, retrieving backups from them is
not a simple.  Not a pit I want to get into unless I know I'm missing
something.  Hypothetically, if I had the backup, is there a simple way
to compare large Journals without resorting to eyeballing?

About changing the dat files, I can't even seem to duplicate the error
by copying and moving around the journal entries between various dummy
pst files.  I hope that doesn't mean the responsible Journal entries
were lost.

On Jan 12, 3:31 pm, "Roady [MVP]"
<newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote:
> Have you verified that path on your computer? Does the SAP folder exist?
>
> 1) Hard to say, you'll have to compare with your backups.
> 2) Provided you indeed don't have anything installed from SAP, locate
> outcmd.dat and extend.dat and rename them to .old.
> For details see;http://www.msoutlook.info/question/19
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij
>
> "Paul" <paul.domas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I created a PST file "Personal Folder2006-2009" so that I can drag
> > into it old mail, calendar items, and journal items.  Within that PST
> > file, I created three folders (one for each of the three classes of
> > items).  When I dragged the mail and calendar items into that PST
> > file, I had no problem.  When I dragged my journal items into that
> > file, I got the error message
>
> > "The add-in "C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SapGui\wdkcalex.dll" could
> > not be installed or loaded.  The problem may be resolved by using
> > Detect and Repair on the Help menu."  [ OK ]
>
> > I had to press OK about 12 times before this message stopped showing.
> > I am not aware of using any application related to SAP.
>
> > I have the following two questions:
>
> > 1. How can I tell whether I lost anything in the transfer?
>
> > 2. What is that file for, and do I have to worry about it?
0
Paul
1/12/2010 9:53:47 PM
Gosh, on a unix machine, it would be so straightforward to compare
files.  :(

Mind you, that's only for mail files...special purpose apps like
Journal, that would depend on the app.

On Jan 12, 3:40=A0pm, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlook...@msn.com> wrote:
> It's the SAP Calendar Synchronization Extension for Microsoft Outlook. It=
's
> used for calendar sync with SAP. I'm not sure why it would error on journ=
al
> item, unless you accidently dropped them on the calendar folder.
>
> I don't think you lost anything, but its impossible to know unless you
> notice something missing.
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> "Paul" <paul.domas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I created a PST file "Personal Folder2006-2009" so that I can drag
> > into it old mail, calendar items, and journal items. =A0Within that PST
> > file, I created three folders (one for each of the three classes of
> > items). =A0When I dragged the mail and calendar items into that PST
> > file, I had no problem. =A0When I dragged my journal items into that
> > file, I got the error message
>
> > "The add-in "C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SapGui\wdkcalex.dll" could
> > not be installed or loaded. =A0The problem may be resolved by using
> > Detect and Repair on the Help menu." =A0[ OK ]
>
> > I had to press OK about 12 times before this message stopped showing.
> > I am not aware of using any application related to SAP.
>
> > I have the following two questions:
>
> > 1. How can I tell whether I lost anything in the transfer?
>
> > 2. What is that file for, and do I have to worry about it?
0
Paul
1/12/2010 9:55:46 PM
There are tools to compare pst files, but you need an exact copy of the pst
before the move attempt.  When you move stuff from the old folder to the
archive, there is nothing to compare and outlook doesn't log changes.

--

> Gosh, on a unix machine, it would be so straightforward to compare
> files.  :(
>
> Mind you, that's only for mail files...special purpose apps like
> Journal, that would depend on the app.
>
> On Jan 12, 3:40 pm, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlook...@msn.com> wrote:
>> It's the SAP Calendar Synchronization Extension for Microsoft Outlook.
>> It's
>> used for calendar sync with SAP. I'm not sure why it would error on
>> journal
>> item, unless you accidently dropped them on the calendar folder.
>>
>> I don't think you lost anything, but its impossible to know unless you
>> notice something missing.
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>
>> "Paul" <paul.domas...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I created a PST file "Personal Folder2006-2009" so that I can drag
>> > into it old mail, calendar items, and journal items.  Within that PST
>> > file, I created three folders (one for each of the three classes of
>> > items).  When I dragged the mail and calendar items into that PST
>> > file, I had no problem.  When I dragged my journal items into that
>> > file, I got the error message
>>
>> > "The add-in "C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SapGui\wdkcalex.dll" could
>> > not be installed or loaded.  The problem may be resolved by using
>> > Detect and Repair on the Help menu."  [ OK ]
>>
>> > I had to press OK about 12 times before this message stopped showing.
>> > I am not aware of using any application related to SAP.
>>
>> > I have the following two questions:
>>
>> > 1. How can I tell whether I lost anything in the transfer?
>>
>> > 2. What is that file for, and do I have to worry about it?

0
Diane
1/12/2010 10:22:12 PM
I can get a copy of the PST prior to the issue.  However, I`m having a
hard time finding apps that don't exactly synch pst files, but rather,
dredge through them to find items that differ.  Would you be able to
point one out, please?

On Jan 12, 5:22=A0pm, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlook...@msn.com> wrote:
> There are tools to compare pst files, but you need an exact copy of the p=
st
> before the move attempt. =A0When you move stuff from the old folder to th=
> archive, there is nothing to compare and outlook doesn't log changes.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-requ...@lists.outlooktips.net

> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQU...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
> Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?http://forums.slipstick.=
com/showthread.php?t=3D33803

> "Paul" <paul.domas...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Gosh, on a unix machine, it would be so straightforward to compare
> > files. =A0:(
>
> > Mind you, that's only for mail files...special purpose apps like
> > Journal, that would depend on the app.
>
> > On Jan 12, 3:40 pm, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlook...@msn.com> wrote:
> >> It's the SAP Calendar Synchronization Extension for Microsoft Outlook.
> >> It's
> >> used for calendar sync with SAP. I'm not sure why it would error on
> >> journal
> >> item, unless you accidently dropped them on the calendar folder.
>
> >> I don't think you lost anything, but its impossible to know unless you
> >> notice something missing.
> >> --
> >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

PST

Paul
1/21/2010 6:48:43 PM
Can you try to go Outlook

Tools > options > other tab > Advanced options > remove SAP from COM
Add-ins

Thanks,

--

______________________________________
Posted from http://outlook-center.com

sending outlook messages to another computer on a wireless networ.
Is there any way of forwarding outlook messages from one computer on a wireless network to another. The two computers have different versions of outlook so exporting the .pst file doesn't work? ...

Can you auto copy the calendar rather than auto archive?
Is it possible to auto copy the calendar rather than auto archive so that items are copied not moved to a new file? If you change the view on the Calendar to say Categories (from View > Current View) then do a Ctrl+A to select all and drag with your right mouse button (or use the commands on the Edit menu) to copy the items to a new location "mr rogers" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02ee01c3dbbe$7c236730$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to auto copy the calendar rather than auto > archive so that items are copied not moved to a new ...

how do you activate outlook attachment options task pane
Have used the the attachment options task pane to downsize image sizes in the past, but it no longer automatically pops up and have no idea how to turn it back on - any ideas anyone. Thanks ...

Outlook Express security
How do I stop Outlook Express from removing attachments from trusted senders? Tools-> Options-> tab Security-> option Do not allow attachments... Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Save Embedded Pictu...

Manual backup of exchange.
I am having VSS errors while trying to backup my database. What ever backup app I use, shows a successful backup. However the eventviewer in exchange is telling me the backup failed. Right now my biggest concern is making sure I have a good backup. I plan on addressing the vss issue this weekend. for now, How do I make a manual backup? Do I stop the information store and manually copy the database and logs? What specifically do I need to copy? Any help is appreciated. I forgot to mention that its exchange 2007, Server 2008. "Brian" <brokenframe@hotmail.com>...

Outlook 2000 #49
I recently changed my time zone and 2 things have happened. First of all Outlook will not open. If I switch the time zones while Outlook is already open all the dates on the calendar are now in 2 differant days. If I switch back to the original time zone everythings fine except email messages have the wrong time received. Thanks for any help. Try this to get the event times right: - export your calendar to a CSV file (using the File menu > Import & Export command) - delete all the items in your Calendar - change time zones - import the CSV file back into your Calendar folder <...

Synchronize outlook between two machines
I use XP Professional and Outlook 2002. I want to synchronize my outlook files between two machines over a LAN. I do not have Microsoft Exchange Server. How do I do this? This type of synchronization is not built into Outlook. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm for possible solutions. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dennis Holstein" <holsteindk@aol.com> wrote in message news:06aa01c3b3cb$480424f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I use XP Professional and Outlook 2002. I want to > synchronize my outlook files between two machines over a > LAN. I do not have Micros...

Dst for exchange and outlook
just wondering if the dst update for exchange 2003 sp2(kb 926666) is all you need for exchange/outlook related updating for dst. Or do you need to run the Exchange calendar update tool, on all the outlook clients, as well. Long answer: http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2007/02/dst-2007-understanding-what-needs-to-be.html Short answer: 1) User workstations & servers: Apply DST 2007 time zone update (KB 931836 for XP SP2 and Windows Server 2003) 2) Rebase items (using by having users run the Outlook Calendar Update Tool (TzMove.exe) or by running the Exchange Calendar Update Tool (MsExTmz....

Transfer from Mail to Outlook
How do I deactivate Microsft Mail as the default email program. I have installed Outlook and set it as the default, but Mail is also the default. Two programs can't be default. Go to control panel, default programs and set outlook as default for everything. If you have accounts set up in mail, remove them. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook a...

Outlook URL links
How do I create standard URL links in the body of an outlook message???? For example: <A HREF="http://www.bbc.co.uk">text to display</A> ...

EPM Updates : Share post installation issues
Hi, As everyone knows there is never post installation issues about EPM updates (hotfixes, SP...Cumulative Updates) We've opened a dedicated blog to list every EPM udpades and give link to description and download request. It's also possible to poll and to comment your experience of each installation. This is for us the bast way to see if installation is safe or not. He's the link : http://epm2007.wordpress.com You can use tag and categories to filter on KB, dates or product. You can have a timeline view of this updates; Hope this help you. Regards, Xavier HOV...

microsoft outlook #4
Please help. We are using Outlook express and wish to upgrade to Microsoft Outlook, but our mail only arrives at our old program and not Outlook. We can send E-Mail through the microsoft outlook but the reply come back via outlook express. Our accounts have been set up as per instruction Please help Rob 1) Make sure Outlook is set as the default e-mail program in Control Panel | Internet Options | Programs tab 2) Remove your e-mail accounts from Outlook Express (unless there's some reason you really need to keep them there) 3) Disable the automatic send/receive of messages in...

archive not working
We are having company wide archiving issues. We are on Exchange 2003 SP2 and users are mixed Office XP and Office 2003. I have posted the question before on this and it looks like there is an issue with modify date. I am not sure if this will help with modify date, but we are using VERITAS as our backup and Exchange agent that will log in to every mailbox and backup email by email. Does the agent modify the emails date then? Before I take it to the Microsoft support and spend money, can someone help explain why this is going on and why can't we archive. No error messages are generat...

outlook #289
i can not open any links that are in e-mails - i will click on the link and nothing happens - no error messages - nothing. please help. i have tried resetting web settings - still same results. -- thanks Are the items in question sitting in the Junk E-mail folder? "vol fan" <volfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F89D94BE-448A-4E6B-A1AE-4BFAE8212983@microsoft.com... >i can not open any links that are in e-mails - i will click on the link and > nothing happens - no error messages - nothing. please help. > i have tried resetting web settings - stil...

My Live Meeting outlook add-in does not show up.
I have installed the Live Meeting Outlook add-in but for some reason it does not show up. Not sure what is going on? -- Chandana Hathi HArd to help without know what version of Outlook and what version of Windows. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Chandana_MS asked: | I have installed the Live Meeting Outlook add-in but for some reason | it does not show up. Not sure what is goin...

Outlook security #10
Hi, I have Office 2003 with Outlook 2003 running on Windows 2000. When sending emails from a different program, I can set Outlook security to bypass further warnings for up to 10 minutes. A customer, also with Outlook 2003, but updated from 2002, has to respond to every email with a 5 second pause. My questions: Why the different behaviour? How do I change the latter behaviour to the former? Thanks Thomas Hi Thomas, The security settings for Outlook 2003 can be found using the Tools->Options->Security Tab and security zone settings button. It works exactly the same way Internet ...

Outlook 2007 and IMAP
Hi all, I'm coming from Thunderbird and I'm testing Outlook 2007. Usually I use an IMAP account, by Thunderbird when i delete an IMAP msg this is moved from incoming messages to trash. Is it possibile to do the same with Outlook 2007 ? I have seen that Outlook simply mark a msg as deleted Thanks Alberto af2604 <af2604@yahoo.it> wrote: > Hi all, I'm coming from Thunderbird and I'm testing Outlook 2007. > Usually I use an IMAP account, by Thunderbird when i delete an IMAP > msg this is moved from incoming messages to trash. > Is it possibile to do the same ...

integrate phone call activities to outlook
Those cusotmers that rely on Outlook for managing their CRM activities (which is the direction Microsoft is going, which is great) do not use phone call activities in CRM because these do not integrate into outlook tasks and they do not get reminders on those. It would be great to have a configuration option to enable CRM Phone Call Activity to Outlook task integration (a future phone call is a task after all) in addition to Task to Task integration. Thanks, Sergei ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. ...

Error while archiving folder "Sent Items"
Unfortunately, I have been experiencing malfunctioning when trying to archive my "sent items" folder. Error message reads: Error while archiving folder "Sent Items" in store "Personal Folders". Sent Items size is 328138 containing 6202 items with oldest one dated 23Feb99. As you would imagine Outlook2000 functioning under Windows98SE has been severely affected, performance wise, due to this error anomaly, making this application and all the others and really the entire O/S in general very unstable (crashes a lot!) and extremely slow. Microsoft wrote artic...

drive for installing IE8
I am currently using Windows XP SP3 IE6 and need to upgrade to IE8. Will I be given a choice of which drive I want to install IE8 on? I'm running out of space on my C: drive and would like to put it on another drive. baglady <baglady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am currently using Windows XP SP3 IE6 and need to upgrade to IE8. Will I > be given a choice of which drive I want to install IE8 on? I'm running out > of space on my C: drive and would like to put it on another drive. No, you will not be given a choice. IE8 will be installed as a part...

Send Emails with Outlook by Api
Hello NG, I want to send Emails with MS Outlook by a plain C dll function. Doese anyone know how I can do this? Or tell me a Usergroup where this question better fits. Regards Peter microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, peterfarge asked: | Hello NG, | | I want to send Emails with MS Outlook by a plain C dll function. Doese | anyone know how I can do this? | Or tell me a Usergroup...

Outlook Express #182
Can I get help on here for Outlook Express and, if not, does anyone know where I can? Many thanks. This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an outlook express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer...

Unblock Attachments in Outlook 2007
A friend sent me a couple of Vista sidebar gadgets (at my request) via email, and I cannot download them. Any way to unblock them? you can edit the registry or use an add-in to edit it for you. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.asp#tools -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchang...

How do I manually flag to exit Context Sensitive Help mode
I have overridden the OnSysCommand() routine in my dialog class implementation file to catch the SC_CONTEXTHELP message (When the user clicks on the ? button in the title bar). I'm cating this message so that I can bring up my own help dialog that describes the entire dialog instead of making the user click on a dialog item after clicking on the ? button. My problem is that the ? button stays depressed (Indicating it's currently in Context help mode) if for some reason the help dialog doesn't come up. There's got to be some flag that I set to indicate that we're out of cont...

Exchange Router CRM 3.0 Not Installing
I am trying to Install the Exchange Router. The documentation just says the it needs to have Windows 2003 Standard and Exchange Server 2003. (Plus the other requirements which we have) When I try to install it will not let me saying that Operating System version 5.2 (Which is Windows 2003 Standard) is not a supported operating system. My guess is this is a documentation bug and that the router now requires Windows 2003 SP1 just like the MS CRM server requires it now with RTM code. Does anyone have an official answer to what is required to install the router. I have a client who real...