Managing list membership in GAL w/OWA Exchange 2003 SP2

Is it possible to manage distribution list membership for a list in
the GAL with OWA on an Exchnage 2003 SP2 server?  This would also have
to work to on Firefox and not just IE as the user in question uses
linux, which is why he isn't using Outlook to begin with.  Thanks.

pauldi (22)

To my knowledge, the answer is no. However you could get a more
definitive answer if you asked this in the Exchange group.

Nikki

"Paul" <pauldi@iona.com> wrote in message
Is it possible to manage distribution list membership for a list in
the GAL with OWA on an Exchnage 2003 SP2 server?  This would also have
to work to on Firefox and not just IE as the user in question uses
linux, which is why he isn't using Outlook to begin with.  Thanks.

Thanks, Nikki.
0
pauldi (22)

RTF email address w/o mail to ?
Is it possible to do a signature in RTF with a web site and email address tat will both be links as well as not have mail to: and brackets < preceding and ending ? the links ? Driving me bonkers. ...

Exchange Server not Responding
Hi, I running Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 Advance Server. It has been working for months but today the exchange server isn't responding. The exchange server doesn't seem to be reponding. I can remote into the Advance server So is there a way to check it the exchange server is set right. I need help quickly. Darric have you looked at the application and system event logs? surely there is something there? are all your Exchange services running? has anything changed on the server at all? "Darric Mitchell" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Money forces incorrect currency on foreign-listed USD funds
Upon entering the symbol for USD-denominated funds listed on foreign (i.e. non-US) exchanges, Money06 mandates the use of the exchange's local currency instead of USD. For example, a UK-listed fund is forced to be entered as GBP-denominated, even though this is not correct. (If you force Money06 to report the fund in USD, it automatically changes the stock symbol's exchange locator from the correct one to "US"... causing the online updates to fail) Money03 allowed the reporting currency to be independent of the exchange's local currency. Is there a way to make Mo...

adding to a combo list
I am trying to create a drop down list in cell D5 in wb1. i want the list created from a column in wb2. i have read in data validation that both workbooks have to be open. is there a another way without having both open? reason i ask: i have 2 workbooks, one for entering data to create estimates and workorders, another workbook for storing data such as customers list, material list, work area list, etc. i do not want users opening and seeing the list workbook. i have been able, with alot of help from this forum, to create forms to add to list wb from data inserted into cells on wb1. but n...

Outlook XP: how can I force Folder List view on startup?
Hello, Can anyone please tell me how I can force Outlook XP to display the folder list view on startup using a registry key or GPO? The instructions for Outlook 2003 at the WunderBar instructions in the link below don't appear to work: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011182481033.aspx Just completing a migration over the weekend and it'll be confusing for the users if they don't see all their folders straight off on Monday. Thanks, - Alan. You just upgraded your users to a long ago non-supported Office version? WOW! Having said that, what setting are you using r...

I need a Excel template for property management
I own three rental properties and I'm looking for a simple template for Excel that will allow me to merely track expenses and income. The simpler the better. this might help. Or, ask someone for custom programming. http://tinyurl.com/6svu2 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B845B7C4-0DAA-40A3-880A-FD0A6F298AFD@microsoft.com... > I own three rental properties and I'm looking for a simple template for Excel > that will allow me to merely track expenses and income. The simpler the >...

Outlook 2003: How do you group sent items by individual recipient in the case of multiple recipients in "to" field?
Hello, I am using Outlook 2003. When I go into my "sent" folder and group messages by the "to" field, Outlook creates a separate group for each unique combination of recipients. Therefore, if you commonly put multiple recipients in the "to" field, the "group by" feature is essentially worthless; if I am trying to locate an email that I know was sent to Bob, I have to remember whether I sent it to Bob, Bob & Mary, Bob & Mary & Sue, ad infinitum. Is there any way to group sent emails by recipient so an email sent to Bob, Mary and Sue shows u...

Domain membership requirement in Sharepoint farm
Hi, Could anyone please confirm me about the following question? Is there any requirement to join all the servers to a single domain in a MOSS 2007 server farm installation? or we can keep some servers in one domain and others in another domain? Regards, ...

[Exchange 2003] Administrator access to mailboxes
I know that, by default, members of the Domain Admins and Enterprise Admins groups are denied access to any mailbox other than their own. Howewer, I need an admin account to have access to another mailbox. So I granted it the rights, but the "deny" permission still blocks the access, and I can't remove it because it's inherited from somewhere (?). How can I grant such access rights? Thanks Massimo If you grant Full Mailbox access to the admin account on the other users mailbox (AD, Exchange Advanced, Mailbox Rights), you can now create a profile to connect to this ma...

Exchange 2003 OWA Spellcheck Issue
We have a customer with an Exchange 2003 deployment that has been working for many months now. However, they noticed recently that whent they attempt to use spellcheck and get the prompt to choose a language, English is not listed. When looking under Options, Spellcheck Options in OWA the same is true. No mention of English in the language options.....and this installation is located in Oklahoma, USA. Has anyone familiar with why this may be happening and how it may be resolved? Thanks, Pet Hi Pete ;-D and greetings from Finland. We have also problem with spellcheck and Owa (finnis...

List first letter upper case
Column B in a spreadsheet has a single word in each cell. Some words begin with an upper case letter, others with a lower case letter. Can someone please tell me a simple way to extract a list of those rows where the word in column B begins with an upper case letter? Enter this in, say, F2: =EXACT(LEFT(B2,1),UPPER(LEFT(B2,1))) Then select column B, use Data/Filter/Advanced filter. Enter F1:F2 in the Criteria range, then click OK. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Bob Frolek" <BobFrolek@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1124215185.498946.49840@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Colum...

Risk management
Hi. I have searched wide and high for a risk management spread sheet to calulate a budget using the principles "proactive management". Anyone with a sugestione? Thanks. Ole ...

Publisher 2003 files
I have file I created in Publisher 2003. Can I read them and edit them in Publisher 2007? yep -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Russbe" <Russbe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E21FB024-C659-410D-AD40-D3D1137129F6@microsoft.com... > I have file I created in Publisher 2003. Can I read them and edit them in > Publisher 2007? ...

Outlook contact list problems
I cannot load the exchange contact list with outlook 2003. Since i have installed this version of outlook, i have a POP UP windows every time i push TO: button to get the exchange 2000 contact list from my domain The windows says that i cannot find the LDAP server I tried all the DC servers and i still having this problem, i cannot see the exchange contact list Please hel Dioxido dioxido <dioxido@sinectis.com.ar> wrote: > I cannot load the exchange contact list with outlook 2003. Since i > have installed this version of outlook, i have a POP UP windows every > time i push TO: ...

moving excel2002 macros to 2003
We're moving a user to a new workstation. Her old setup was wit Office2002. We're concerned about how to ensure that her numerou Excel2002 macros are saved and available on her new computer runnin Excel2003. thank yo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I wouldn't be surprised if all your macros worked without any changes. But the only way you'll know for sure is either by testing in xl2003 or by going live and waiting for complaints. "depleted <" wrote: > > We're moving a user to a new workstation. Her old setup was with > Office2...

Global address lists
Is it possible to download a Global address list to a file and subsequently import to an outlook address book or personal address bok on a system that is not on an MS exchange server? ...

Cash receipt edit list altered to exclude multicurrency informatio
Hi, We have a canned report called Cash Receipts edit list. Till yesterday, it was showing multicurrency information (CDN and USD) & today, suddenly, it is showing only originating currency (CDN) Any suggestions on how to find this report in the system? Thanks. GG, If the there are no modifications to the report, most likely a checkbox was changed on the Posting Setup. To check this, go to GP > Tools > Setup > Posting > Posting. Choose Sales for the Series and Receivables Cash Receipts for the Origin and see if the Include Multicurrency checkbox is c...

Limiting Access to a GAL
I'm working on the AD and Exchange design for a large k12 school district. What I need to do is limit the students ability from seeing any teacher or administration email addresses. I have 4 domains in the forest, with an empty top level root domain and then a Staff, Secondary Student and Elementary student domains. In each of these domains there will be an OU for each school with Users, Groups and Computers OUs. In Exchange there will be load balanced front end servers and 2 clustered backend servers, one for staff and the other for students, all in the same organization. There a...

$19.99 Unlimited Space !
$19.99 Unlimited Space ! Managed Hosted Microsoft Exchange Server & 30 day FREE trial ! http://www.DataSyncPros.com Outlook was ment to be on Exchange - Experience the power ! Access your email, calendar, contacts & task list from anywhere! Provide shared access to co-workers in real-time...24/7 DataSyncPros Hosted Exchange Solution allows your business to communicate and collaborate more efficiently and effectively. Using Microsoft=AE Outlook 2003 software and features, DataSyncPros Hosted Exchange offers real-time access to your Outlook profile (email, calendar, task list and a...

Printer Compatibility List GP 7.X
I was told by our reseller that there was a printer compatability list for great plains 7.x. Is this true? If so, where can I find this list he can't seem to find it. Here is the link; please let me know if you are unable to get to the link. https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/documentation/systemrequirements/compatibility_eent7.0_printers.htm?printpage=false "Damian B" wrote: > I was told by our reseller that there was a printer compatability list for > great plains 7.x. Is this true? If so, where can I find this list he can't > seem to find it....

validation list--list depends on the selection of first list
I think this question has been answered before but i can't seem to find anything related to it. I wonder if this is even possible? I have about four items on the first validation list that i can choose from, and based on what is chosen on that list, the second validation list should only show the list of items that are related to what is chosen on the first validation list. For example, on the first validation list, there are these items: A, B, C, D. A has 1, 2, 3, 4 B has 5,9,30,2 C has 0, 12, 6, 10 D has 66,44,33,22 If i choose A, then the second validation list should only list...

Managed Newsgroup access denied
I am unable to access the managed newsgroups since they changed the secure code last week. I have followed the instructions to reregister but I still get the error 'access denied'. Any idea what could be causing this? They have answered one of my questions from last week but I've been unable to get in to see it. Thanks for any help. Tracey D Tracey, email me with your registered GP company name so I can verify, and I will escalate this for you. -Mike -- Micheal LoPatriello Coordinator, Luna Development mlopat@lunadevelopment.com http://www.lunadevelopment.com "T...

Office Smart Tag Manager
Good afternoon, I have the following error with Office Smart Tag Manager for Great Plains: Error: Database Connection Problem Possible causes include: This user accounts is not a member of any smart tag groups Bad connection information SQL Server is not running No smart Tag groups configured Please verify and try again. Which the procedure is to solve this error? I already erased all tables and store procedures of database Dynamics already Uninstall the product and I installed it again and the problem persists. that I make? ...

anyone tried to install multiple domains on exchange 2003
Hi, I am trying to install multiple domains for exchange 2003 in windows 2003 server environment. For example, the AD is setup for 123.com, and I need to host 456.com and 789.com emails on the same box. I have setup the additonal domains 456.com and 789.com as OUs, and created new users, such as user1@456.com, user2@789.com. Then I setup the virtual SMTP service for 456.com and 789.com. From SMTP log, I can see emails are coming in and there is no log. However, I just can't get the emails from client side. Anyone had similar situation before? Your help will be greatly appreciate...

File Cache Manager With SRAM in WINCE 6.0
Hi, I m developing a back-up utility which automatically backs up the transaction data to a permanent storage (NOR flash). Transaction data will be triggered very frequently and existing transaction data files may be modified frequently. Therefore I need a RAM based cache file system along with a permanent storage. My questions are, 1. I m trying to use File Cache Manager to accomplish it. Is this a correct solution? 2. If YES, how can i use my SRAM (not the SDRAM) to store the cached files? (In case of a power fluctuation, SRAM is more reliable than SDRAM, therefore we sele...