Make Outlook the default mail client

How do I make Outlook the default mail client after I've made another
app the default?  I also told Outlook to stop bugging me about it.

Thanks,
Chip
0
chrkieff (1)

Control Panel->INternet Options->Programs tab.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, chrkieff@speakeasy.net asked:

| How do I make Outlook the default mail client after I've made another
| app the default?  I also told Outlook to stop bugging me about it.
|
| Thanks,
| Chip

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Make Default

I am setting up newsgroup in outlook but can not find the "news" .
I was told to drag the "news" command to the category "go" to set up news group...but I can not find the command "news"......can any one help please ? Thanks clement Look in tools, customize... Then got to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, click the "Don't ask me again" box and then click the No button. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours ...

why does my Outlook 2007 download pdf attachments in Word?
when PDF document attachments come into my email inbox, they are opened in Word, and consequently cannot be read unless saved to desktop and then opened with adobe - a convoluted process. It hasn't always been this way. What have i changed? You have changed the file association of pdf-files to open with Word instead of Adobe. There is no option to change this in Outlook as Outlook follows the settings you made in Windows. Which version of Windows are you using? One way to re-associate it with Adobe again is to right click on a saved pdf-file-> Open With...-> Choose ...

Outlook with Kernell errors
Whenever I try to run Outlook, I get the following error : OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 0177:bff7c811. This is after I removed the programme and then re- installed it. Before I did this when I tried to open outlook it would just make my system freeze or hang. Any ideas how to get this resolved.... ??? Thanks, David ...

making a transfer show up in the budget

Keep losing Outlook.pst File
I am running Outlook XP with all current service packs & updates installed on XP Pro PC which all works fine, except that I seem to lose my outlook.pst file every few months for no apparent reason. I have configured all autoarchiving to NO ARCHIVING so I don't think this is my problem. When I search PC for OUTLOOK.PST it ca't be found. Can anyone shed some light on how to fix or stop this happening & where the file is going. JohnT wrote: > I am running Outlook XP with all current service packs & > updates installed on XP Pro PC which all works fine, > excep...

Outlook 2003 not responding when clicking on an e-mail with attachment
Hi, I am running Outlook 2003 on Microsoft XP. After reading various posts on this same problem, I figured the problem had to do with Winfax. I have Winfax 10.02 which is the updated version for Microsoft XP. The posts hint that the problem has to do with winfax but nobody posted a solution. I need both these programs on the computer. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance - nb. See if this information helps. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "nuj baf" <nujbaf@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d38d1b37.0404081330.17195721@posting.googl...

Directory location in Vista for all e-mails
Hi Need to know the Directory in Windows Vista where Windows Mail stores the e-mails Thanks to anyone considerate enough to take the time to respond David -- David Hawkins-Clarke Tools | Options | Advanced | Maintenance | Store Folder will reveal the location. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "David" <dhawkinsclarke@eastlink.ca.(donotspam)> wrote in message news:09906E15-D7C8-4435-8699-ECB674423F21@microsoft.com... > Hi > Need to know the Directory in Windows Vista where Windows Mail stores > the &...

making tickets

how do I set up outlook for home use?
How do I set up my microsoft outlook e-mail for home use? Contact your ISP for your mail account settings (or import them from Outlook Express if you have it setup there.) Install your profile and account settings and you are good to go. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, dauexghouse asked: | How do I set up my microsoft outlook e-mail for home use? ...

Outlook manual Archiving
i am having difficulty manually archivng in 2003. when is select a folder and specify a date - mails will not archive - the sub/folders are created in the archive but no mails are archived any ideas? (NOte Auto archive does not suit) -- GC GC <GC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i am having difficulty manually archivng in 2003. when is select a > folder and specify a date - mails will not archive - the sub/folders > are created in the archive but no mails are archived any ideas? > (NOte Auto archive does not suit) Outlook's archiving does not use the received d...

from eudora to ms outlook 2002
dear outlook guru's. i have just changed my mail client from eudora to outlook and imported the messages. everything was ok, except that the attachments are now seen as links to actual files in "c:\...\eudora\mail\attach" folder of eudora. is there any way i can have the actual file attached to the message, so i can forward as one file, but not having links to the file on my pc. your response is highly appreciated regards, jim ...

One use unabel to access Outlook webmail
I have a costumer that are running small biss 2003 with exchange. all are abole to read there mail throw outlook webmail except for one. we have tried changing her password, she is inn all the same groups as the others and she has outlook web enaboled as the other users. Any suggestion? What happens when she attempts to logon? Are there corresponding entries in the event logs? Nue "hans jacobsen" <hansjacobsen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73BF4D97-67B6-4C45-9BE6-6D3DFB2AE7B6@microsoft.com... >I have a costumer that are running small biss 2003 with e...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

MSBLASTER and outlook
Some of my clients with outlook 2000 can not connect to our exchange 2000 SP3 server. They keep getting "server not found" errors. This only started since the MSBlaster worm was released Monday. I assume that since Exchange requires port 135 for clients to connect, that with all the scanning by the virus on port 135 it is just bieng Denied. All the patches and virus scanners have been updated on the Xchng Server and most clients. Our firewall shows several denies a minute for port 135. Can someone at MS confirm this or are there more steps needed to remedy this problem...

hotmail in outlook express
how can I get my hotmail account to show in outlook express?? Outlook Express or Windows Mail (Vista)? Windows Mail doesn't support HTTP mail, which for a long time was the=20 only allowed access method for free Hotmail accounts. In February 2009, long after Windows Mail was finalized, Microsoft=20 enabled POP access for free Hotmail/Live/MSN accounts. Follow the settings given here: http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry Use port 587 rather than port 25 for the SMTP server. Although it accepts the newer Live.com addresses, the Windows Mail=20...

Outlook 2003
Recently my boss was having problems with Outlook 2003 Reminders not working properly and after some digging I had found some mention that reminders may not work on items in sub folders, though I can't seem to find anything Official from Microsoft that documents this fact. Can anyone point me to an official Microsoft statement for this fact so I have some grounds on recommending a 3rd party solution, otherwise I will be expected to solve the problem myself without the 3rd party add- in.. and I'm guessing this will be near impossible. reminders only fire on default folders in outlo...

IE7 Install Causes Outlook Client To Fail
Hi guys, Any help with this annoying problem will be greatly appreciated. The CRM 3.0 Outlook client software has been running really well for quite some time now. Last week I upgraded a user’s machine to IE7 – which has killed the Outlook CRM client. Every time the user opens Outlook, they now receive the “Error communicating with the CRM server” error message. The system is running Outlook 2003 on XP 32-Bit, SP2. User details are stored along with the user’s computer account under network accounts. I’ve added the CRM URL to the trusted sites area and given trusted sites permission...

POP3 Outlook account
Hi, I have setup a POP3 Outlook account so to accesse me Exchange 2k3 server through 3rd party internet connection. It works fine but I have a couple of inquiries: 1 - Each time I reconnect after having the connection down for line quality, email headers are re-downloaded, ignoring the fact that they have already been downloaded in a previous session. Any way to stop that? 2 - Can I download Sent Messages folder too, or it is just Inbox? If not, what is a workaround, if any? 3 - Any way to import address book? Thanks Yba In news:7CD85C0D-780A-4B70-A20F-D04EB40E029E@microsoft.com, yb...

"Access is denied" error in Outlook 2007
Hi, I get an error message when trying to open web-links contained in any message in my outlook 2007. I have just upgraded from OL2003 and previously had no issues. I cannot find anywhere to modify the security options for this. If I click on the link a second time, I am prompted to choose a program to open the file with, and if I choose my web browser it's OK, but this happens with every link I get. I am running WinXPPro SP2, no google desptop installed, C.A. 2008 FW/AV/AS. Any help appreciated. Cheers, Bubba what exactly does the error say? (many dialogs can be copied as text) ...

Password for Outlook
How do you set up Outlook so it requires a password to open? You can password protect your pst or data file if you use pst's. Right click the top level folder Select PROPERTIES Click the ADVANCED... button Click the CHANGE PASSWORD button... Be aware that if you forget your password you will not be able to access this folder without a LOT of effort and some special tools. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Roy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c1601c3dbce$196b8a90$a001280a@phx.gbl... How do you set up Outlook so it requires a password to o...