mailto: and outlook express

We have an "href=mailto:" that works fine with Netscape and Eudora, but
fails with customers that are using Outlook Express.  The link has a
number of email addresses in it seperated by commas. IE:

<meto@aol.com">click here to send these customers emails</a>

When the email program pops up, all the names are in the TO: field as
they should be except if the customer is using Outlook Express, in which
case it loses all the email addresses except the first one.

Does anyone know a workaround for this bug in Outlook? Unfortunately the
customer this code was written specifically for uses Outlook Express,
and I cannot test it because it is our policy to not put any software on
our computers that are known to be security risks.

Marshall

0
mdudley (1)

Marshall Dudley wrote:
> Does anyone know a workaround for this bug in Outlook?

First, make up your mind whether you're talking about Outlook or Outlook
Express.
Second, what would you mean by "We have a link"? Are you talking about a
webpage; if so, what editor are you using; and if not, then what?

Marshall Dudley <mdudley@king-cart.com> wrote:

> We have an "href=mailto:" that works fine with Netscape and Eudora,
> but fails with customers that are using Outlook Express.

This is not an Outlook Express newsgroup.  Post your quesiton there.

> The link
> has a number of email addresses in it seperated by commas. IE:

> Too <meto@aol.com">click here to send these customers emails</a>

That's not a legal mailto URL.  Better go read the HTML documents.
--
Brian Tillman
0

Synchronize Outlook data
Is there an easy way to synchronize outlook data files on a desktop and laptop so both have the same contents? daegrale@hotmail.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there an easy way to synchronize outlook data files on > a desktop and laptop so both have the same contents? http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

outlook 2000 #51
does anyone know how to get the date to appear at the bottom of an email when you print it ...

Outlook used by other programs
I get a pop up box from Outlook that says another program is trying to access outlook, could be a virus. Do you want to allow the program to continue? I choose yes and nothing happens, pop up box reappears right away. You can check a box and let the program access the outlook up to ten minutes. Is there a setting to bypass this? Thanks. "Shane" <12blue@whtrans.com> wrote in news:0c7701c39ef9$0f1beec0 $a301280a@phx.gbl: > I get a pop up box from Outlook that says another program > is trying to access outlook, could be a virus. Do you > want to allow the p...

Transfer Outlook from desktop to new laptop
I want to reproduce all information from outlook 2003 from my desktop to my new laptop. I already have copied all my contact info (csv file) to the laptop. I also have set up my email accounts on the laptop. So, my questions are as follows (a) how do I create the pst file (I think that is correct?)?, (b) how do I move or export (copy & install) all the data? (c) can I copy subfiles (ie internet favorites, saved email) without adding the contacts already copied? from the pst file? and (d) will copying all this information mess up the email account that was just set up (on t...

HTML attachment preview in Outlook 2000
Hi, Using Outlook 2000, I used to be able to view HTML attachments in the preview pane. Now I have to open the attachment in a separate browser window which is a real pain. I can't figure out how to change the view back to the original setting. Any ideas anyone? At around the time that this happened I know I installed the latest service pack, so does anyone know if this is a security feature in the pack to prevent virus problems? Thank you! ...

microsoft outlook #42
I have microsoft outlook on one computer. I would like to also have it on another computer that is upstairs connected by wireless. How can I get it on both computers? I have outlook express uptairs but I can not figure out how to have outlook. I hope I am making sense. Any help would be appreciated. Out look is an office program and usually (if i am not mistaken) does not come with your computer.Usually you have to buy the xp office disc which will install the full version of excel, word, outlook and many other features. xp comes with outlook express. how did you get outlook on your ...

mailto syntax for text to display
I am successfully using the following: - Private Sub lblFeedback_Click() Link = "mailto:user@domain.com?subject=Subject" On Error GoTo NoCanDo ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=Link, NewWindow:=True Exit Sub NoCanDo: MsgBox "Cannot open " & Link End Sub Is it possible to hide the email address and put e.g. "ADMIN" with something similar to the text to display used in the Outlook address book? Not that I know of. Why not protect the VBAProject? http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/protect-vba-code.htm -- Regards ...

Mystery reminders in outlook 2007 under hosted Exch2007
Hi, I'm running outlook 2007 with hosted Exch 2007. I get these mystery reminders popping up, plus some that pop up duplicated (but only have one instance listed). I am only looking at calendar items within the Exchange folder, and there is only one called "Calendar". When I look for the duplicates, there are none. This I verified by selecting calendar, view, current view, category. Some reminders that pop up aren't listed at all. I have a feeling I may have an invisible older version of my calendar running at the same time as the normal one. When I u...

Outlook 2903
Hi, I have just done a quick reformat and reloaded XP and most of my programmes. Everything has gone well, except that when I load Outlook 2003 I get the error message. "The add-in "C:\program Files\google\desktopOcould not be installed." Now I had had various Google programmes installed before the reformat, but none have been reinstalled since then. I am totalled perplexed why this has happened after a reformat. Where does Outlook keep a list of addins? or any other help. Now I even mistyped 2003!!!! "The Old Bloke" <gates@microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

outlook express to office 2003 outlook
how do i change from recieving my email in outlook express to recieving in office 2003 outlook? Set up a mail account in Outlook and set it as the default mail client in control panel, intenet options, programs. You can delete the mail account from OE if you like. Monty wrote: > how do i change from recieving my email in outlook > express to recieving in office 2003 outlook? You need to setup your mail account(s) in OL2003 and in OE go to Tools, Options and at the bottom of the General tab unselect Make Outlook Express my default mail handler. In OL2003 you can go to File, Import/E...

Problem sending or forwarding email in Outlook 2003
Just recently I have been having a problem sending or forwarding email from Outlook. First let me say that I am using outlook on a private network. when I try to send an email the send tab does not appear. at the top of the mail message it says that this message will be sent by the Microsoft Exchange server and is moved to the Drafts folder. I have never had this problem before. any ideas would be appreciated. Does this private network use an Exchange Server for email? Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa....

jpegs in outlook
Grateful if anyone can help with my frustrating problem. Everytime somebody sends me a .jpeg attachement in Outlook when I double click it says cannot find the file. Any other type of attachment is not a problem. Many thanks in advance for any help. Hey steve, maybe he sends you only a shortcut! -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "steve mck" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:106701c46ef7$c1ea1ee0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Grateful if anyone can help with my frustrating problem. > Ev...

deleting appointment and sync Outlook
Hi, THe sync with Outlook works when we create an appointment: from outlook to CRM, and from CRM to outlook. But when we delete this appointment (from CRM or outlook), it doesn't sync. Is it normal ? That means that we keep the appointment for exemple on Outlook if we delete it on CRM (and the same from Outlook to CRM). Thanks JC JC, Yes, this is normal, at least from my experience. When you track something in CRM it creates a separate instance of your record (appointment, task, or contact) and acts independently of the other record in regards to deletion. If you update infor...

Outlook 2000 address book #3
Hello, I got a virus that screwed up my whole operating system including Office. How can save a copy of my address book given that I can't use MS Office anymore. Thanks, - Wajih There is no address book. All Outlook data is in one file. The file you need to back up is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Wajih" <w.elsallal@ieee.org> wrote in message news:178b01c3fbdb$2b243a...

synchronizing outlook 2003 with palm
can't seem to figure out how to make this happen and can't find anything helpful on the web. can anyone help me? got a step by step document? I'm running XP on my pc and Palm OS 5.2.1 on my new Tungsten E. Thanks! Did the palm software come with sync software and instructions? Generally, you install and configure the sync software and connect the palm to the pc. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outloo...

Outlook View Control and Outlook 98
Hi all, Developing a project that integrates Outlook data (mail, calendars) in a web site, we found out that a large potion of our client's client machines are stuck with Outlook 98 for a while. This does not work very well with OVC since its buggy and/or not at all supported in this version of Outlook. This is fine. But does anyone know of a list or overview, or some kind of specification that shows what _does_ work in Outlook 98? Obviously there is no other proper solution apart from upgrading the clients, but its a lengthy process in our client's organization and we want to...

Outlook Calendar
When I add an event to my SharePoint calendar is there a way to automatically add that event to my Outlook calendar maybe with a workflow or something? Thanks, Joel Not to your personal calendar, no. But then, you could probably code something that would read a field of the event, create an email and send that to your inbox. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "JoelS" <JoelS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:791349D1-B9A7-46D2-BBDF-D5D2E68EEA43@microsoft.com... > When I add an event to my ShareP...

Outlook 2k rules in Outlook 2k3
I was using Outlook 2k, and had a rule setup that when I got an email from a certain person, the email item would use a green colored font (when the item was viewed from the Inbox). I did this so I could easily see all emails from this particular person. Now I've upgraded to Outlook 2k3, and that rule is still on, but I can see no place to turn it off or delete it. If I go into the "Rules & Alerts" window there are no rules defined... Is there a reg key that needs to be deleted or something? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook 2k3, and still get the sam...

Outlook 2003 Calendar Sync with Blackberry
I am using Outlook Connector now (hate it), and cannot now sync my outlook 2003 calendar with my blackberry. any suggestions. I'm stumped. The blackberry software can't sync with hotmail accounts. You need to use a local pst - you can access your hotmail account using pop3 and sync with the local calendar. You won't have the hotmail calendar in outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.out...

Re: Unable to copy outlook.pst filen
"John V. Petersen" <lady@di.com> wrote in message news:... > Message-ID: <80649fa887ef4a9abd44de6b30ac7abd@newspe.com> > X-Mailer: http://www.umailcampaign.com, ip log:80.160.104.147 > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook > NNTP-Posting-Host: 22.bb.5446.static.theplanet.com 70.84.187.34 > Lines: 1 > Path: > news.mixmin.net!proxad.net!feeder1-2.proxad.net!newshub.sdsu.edu!msrtrans!TK2MSFTFEEDS02.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl!newspe.com > Xref: news.mixmin.net microsoft.public.outlook:20550 > > I have tried that again now. ...

mailto
No matter how I set up my computer with Mozilla as my default email program, Excel 2003 brings up Outlook Express when I click on a mailto link. What am I doing wrong? How do I get it to open my default mail program instead of Outlook? Fin How did you try changing this? Did you use Windows|Start button|settings|control panel|internet options, then programs tab, then change the email program? If no, you may want to try that. finbogey jones wrote: > > No matter how I set up my computer with Mozilla as my default email > program, Excel 2003 brings up Outlook Express when I clic...

Mail forwarded/replied to icons in Outlook
Hi I have written a Macro that automatically BCCs a copy of all my incoming mail and sent mail to a particular address for backup. When it does this it marks the mail as forwarded in my inbox. How can i stop this in the macro as it is clearly confusing to have all my incoming mail marked as forwarded. this is part of the code for inbox forwarding: Private Sub myOlItems_ItemAdd(ByVal Item As Object) If TypeName(Item) = "MailItem" Then ' Forward the item just received Set myForward = Item.Forward ' Address the message Set...

Outlook 2003 Security
Hi everyone, I am having a problem with outlook 2003 when i am trying to synchronise my nokia 8210i phone to my addresses and calendar. When i try and do this i get the box popup that says that i have to allow access, so i press 10 minutes and allow. The only problem is that i have too much stuff i think and it takes longer then 10 minutes to sync. Its also through a serial cable, so it doesnt help. But when the 10 mins is up, then it wont allow the sync to finish and so it drops the connection with the nokia without finishing what needs to be done. I have tried the little install of click ye...

moving mail from outlook to outlook express
Can it be done? Yes - in Outlook Express on that computer, you should be able to import from Outlook. bhall96992 wrote: > Can it be done? ...

Outlook Attachment Issue....
Have unusual situation with PCs using Outlook 2000 SP3 sending Attachments. Email server is Exchange 2000 SP3. Emails sent with regular (Rich Text) attachments fail, while test text attachments are able to deliver with Email. PCs with problem are in a separate site; they can send attachments of all kinds on local network. When changing Mail Format in Outlook to text, instead of Rich Text, the attachments will still not attach. There are other remote sites that have no problem sending attachments, internally or externally. Remote site has a Domain Controller, Global Catalog. DNS serve...