mailto address does not appear on "TO" line in outlook

when a client clicks on a mailto link on a web page, three
dots (...) appear in the TO line of the outlook e-mail
message instead of the address from the link.

are there any suggestion on settings I should check?
0
gaylandd (1)

failure to find an email address
I have one particular entry in my address that does not seem to work as an email address. When I specify the Contact's name as an email address, Outlook insists that it can't find the associated email address. Does anyone know why this might be? There are a couple hundred other email addresses in the same address book that work just fine so it just doesn't make any sense to me why this one doesn't. -- ---------- Richard Lewis Haggard Explain what you mean. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Richard Lewis Haggard" <HaggardAtWorldDotStdDotCom> wrote in m...

mailto syntax for text to display
I am successfully using the following: - Private Sub lblFeedback_Click() Link = "mailto:user@domain.com?subject=Subject" On Error GoTo NoCanDo ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=Link, NewWindow:=True Exit Sub NoCanDo: MsgBox "Cannot open " & Link End Sub Is it possible to hide the email address and put e.g. "ADMIN" with something similar to the text to display used in the Outlook address book? Not that I know of. Why not protect the VBAProject? http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/protect-vba-code.htm -- Regards ...

moving mail from outlook to outlook express
Can it be done? Yes - in Outlook Express on that computer, you should be able to import from Outlook. bhall96992 wrote: > Can it be done? ...

import contacts from folder to outlook 03
i just upgraded to win 7 ..need to get my contacts from the contacts folder into Outlook 2003 Thanks I will assume you backed up all your data before you attempted whatever it is you mean by "upgraded." That's a term that has no meaning. Methods for migrating Outlook data are posted here daily. Feel free to read those many posts. None of them will involve importing. Nor would you ever use Windows Easy Transfer, despite Microsoft's failure to tell you that it won't work for Outlook. Since you appear unable to read other posts, here are the links to the i...

Importing email addresses into Outlook 2003
When I import my Earthlink mailbox csv Excel file into Outlook 2003, my email addresses do not appear in my Outlook contact list, even though they appear when I open the Excel csv file. Does anyone know how to resolve this problem, short of manually entering the email address. Did you manually map the email field when you were importing your CSV file or did you assume it would pick the right field? Karl -- __________________________________________ Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group ContactGenie - Importer 1.3 / DataPorter 2.0 "Power contact importers for MS Outlook '2000/2...

Mail forwarded/replied to icons in Outlook
Hi I have written a Macro that automatically BCCs a copy of all my incoming mail and sent mail to a particular address for backup. When it does this it marks the mail as forwarded in my inbox. How can i stop this in the macro as it is clearly confusing to have all my incoming mail marked as forwarded. this is part of the code for inbox forwarding: Private Sub myOlItems_ItemAdd(ByVal Item As Object) If TypeName(Item) = "MailItem" Then ' Forward the item just received Set myForward = Item.Forward ' Address the message Set...

mailto
No matter how I set up my computer with Mozilla as my default email program, Excel 2003 brings up Outlook Express when I click on a mailto link. What am I doing wrong? How do I get it to open my default mail program instead of Outlook? Fin How did you try changing this? Did you use Windows|Start button|settings|control panel|internet options, then programs tab, then change the email program? If no, you may want to try that. finbogey jones wrote: > > No matter how I set up my computer with Mozilla as my default email > program, Excel 2003 brings up Outlook Express when I clic...

Re: Unable to copy outlook.pst filen
"John V. Petersen" <lady@di.com> wrote in message news:... > Message-ID: <80649fa887ef4a9abd44de6b30ac7abd@newspe.com> > X-Mailer: http://www.umailcampaign.com, ip log:80.160.104.147 > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook > NNTP-Posting-Host: 22.bb.5446.static.theplanet.com 70.84.187.34 > Lines: 1 > Path: > news.mixmin.net!proxad.net!feeder1-2.proxad.net!newshub.sdsu.edu!msrtrans!TK2MSFTFEEDS02.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl!newspe.com > Xref: news.mixmin.net microsoft.public.outlook:20550 > > I have tried that again now. ...

Looking for a macro to remove Line Feeds and Carriage Returns
Greetings Excel masters, I'm attempting to come up with a macro, or some other automated way, that will allow me to strip out CR and LF in my Excel files. I'm converting these to CSV files, and the system that imports them has a fit with CR/LFs that are imbedded, making them into new lines. In searching the net, I've found a few macros, but none of them have been the holy grail solution I am looking for. I've listed them below. The first one looks great in its simplicity, but it often fails to operate. Not sure if there is some criteria I'm missing (ma...

Mailto in Excel ??
I've got a column of email addresses in Excel (exported from Outlook Express) and for some reason only one is properly coded as a 'mailto' hyperlink. Is there a way to select that column and convert all the email addresses to hyperlink (mailto) addresses? I tried but they ended up as mailto: [blank]. I of course want them to be coded as mailto: [the listed email address already in the cell] Might I have to run a macro and enter each one in individually? (I hope not.) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Bob http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm#MakeEmailLinks ...

Setting the Reply-To address
Versions: Exchange/Windows/Outlook 2003 I've been struggling with getting the correct "Reply-To" address set in outgoing messages. I've read in several places that you just need to set this address as the "Primary" address under the "Email Addresses" tab in AD. However, this just isn't working on my installation. User's Windows login is "john.doe". All of his email is going out as "john.doe@domain.com," even though I have added "john@domain.com" as an email address and set it as his primary/default. (Note that th...

Mailto
Hi I have a question that is driving me mad and hope someone can help ! Excel 2000. I have a list of employess (500)that I need to type their email address (all the same company). Easy enough I add their first name and Surname to different cells, then add the @bladeblah.com, then put them all together in one cell. What I am struggling to do is set the Mailto property to "D4" or whatever cell I am trying to use, all that is happening is when I have done the steps above it is leaving the mailto to the first name I have entered. I need it so when I copy my formula down to al...

reply to address
Hi, Is it possible to set up Outlook 2003 to have a Reply To: Sent to address? I have a number of emails that I send out on a daily basis to the same email address that I sent an email to a day or so earlier. I have been using the Reply to all button and deleting my email address from the To: address field but would like to delete this step if possible. Is this possible? -- Cheers . . . JC Sure you can. Are you using POP/IMAP account or Exchange? If POP or IMAP you can set it for every message in account settings. Or you can change it per message for POP/IMAP and exchange on the Optio...

automatically run outlook
Is there a way to have outlook always running, active, in the task bar and to launch it at startup? If so, how do you do it? Thanks! Outlook 2002 has a unsupport registry called mintotray that would park Outlook out of the way while running. (You would need to create a desktop shortcut (*.lnk) in your startup folder to get Outlook running at logon.) Earlier versions (Outlook 97 - 2000) would require you to acquire a third party application that could start Outlook and keep it minimized to the system tray. (Search google for outlock) "Paul Gamboa" <paul_gamboa@comcast.net>...

Address book defaults to X.500 email address
I have a client machine running Outlook 2003, fully patched, in an Exchange environment. We are using Exchange for mail box storage, public folders, calendaring, etc only - email is sent through an external mail server. We have just added the Exchange server and as part of the roll-out we imported users local .pst files into their Exchange mailbox. Their Contacts folder was enabled as an Outlook Address Book and set as the default address book. This particular client machine has a listing for a contact who also has a mailbox on the Exchange Server. In this client's Contact page,...

unable to export Outlook 2007 address book email address
We are using Vista Outlook 2007 in our office. We use the address book inside the Outlook 2007 to set the outgoing email address. In the Outlook 2007, we try to export the address book person name and email address. We tried all methods, but the email address field in the exported file are always empty. What did we do wrong? Thank you. You don't export from the Address Book - you export from the Contacts folder. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: h...

Saving address to replyed emails
IN outlook express I could automatically save the email address when I replyed to an email. I want to be able to do this in outlook 2002 Can some please help Not possible. You will need to right click on the address and select to Add to Contacts. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, Garth <smilepolice@hotmail.com> typed: | IN outlook express I could automatically save the email | address when I replyed to an email. | | I want to be able to do this in outlook 2002 | | Can some please help ...

Link to an email address
Hiya folks, I have a "team site" - is there anyway that I can add a link / button to the home page which will give the oppertunity to send an email? Yes, Just add a content editor button that has a mailto tag in the HTML "Dave Eade" wrote: > Hiya folks, I have a "team site" - is there anyway that I can add a link / > button to the home page which will give the oppertunity to send an email? ...

Line chart to zero
Hi I am extracting data from Jan shhet into summary sheet, and from that summary sheet creating a line graph Formula in cell reads =INDIRECT("'"&(B1)&"'!c5")). This returns a "0" . The graph looks ugly dropping down to the zero when no data, so looked in previous threads and now in cell formula reads =IF(INDIRECT("'"&(B1)&"'!c5")="",(na),INDIRECT("'"&(B1)&"'!c5")) When value in the Jan sheet is >0, the summary sheet is populated correctly, and the graph shows t...

Outlook 2003, Today Style's
When I change the style in Outlook Today it always reverts to the original 3 column style after I change windows. ...

Mailto is not working
I have a user that cannot do a mailto from Internet Explorer 6 using Outlook 2002. When he clicks on the link he gets the following dialog: Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. The object could not be found. He is using Outlook for all his email. Any ideas? I have checked is URL:MailTo protocol settings and they are correct. ...

Wesite mailto links won't open in Outlook 2007
I installed Office 2010 but one of my programs was not compatible with it so I had to downgrade to Office 2007. After I did the downgrade when I visit a website and click an email link nothing happens. I have tried to look online but no luck. I am using Windows 7 as well. Thanks, Mike Its an IE problem, ensure Internet Options show the correct default apps "Mike C" <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C79EC332-5113-4F24-B1D5-A8305185E7EF@microsoft.com... >I installed Office 2010 but one of my programs was not compatible with it >...

Hyperlink shown as {hyperlink :[mailto:[mailto:abc@xyzco.com]"}
Hello- Something lately changed in my settings in Outlook 2002, while using MS word as an email editor. The hyperlink, is now seen as in the subject, instead of a real hyperlink with the link. Does anybody know how to change the setting back. Thanks. ...

My email address auto completion doesn't work in Outlook 2003
Hi, I just changed over from Outlook Express to Outlook. I imported all my mail and address book, and the program is working well except for the auto completion. When I attempt to type in the first few letters of outgoing email address (which are in my address book, and used all the time), the suggested email address does not come up. I checked on the Microsoft help site and it appears that this function should be in the "on" position by default. There should also be a item in Advanced email options which allows the suggested email addresses to come up, but my version does not...

Export Outlook 2007 Calendar to HTML
When I export Outlook 2007 Calendar to HTML, "save as web page", only the first appointment of any day is shown in the HTML version of the Calendar. Can I show more appointments? Am I doing somthing wrong? is there an alternate template I can use? Thanks Grant@cgs ...