Mails Received Have Attachments of the Mail

Problem With Outlook:

After a while of outlook (outlook 2002) being open - all
mails received in plain text format have a text
attachment named <subject of email>.txt

This is not an antivirus tool doing this as I turned all
these off. It's also not a server issue by the looks of
things as I have numerous accounts with different
providers and it happens with each account.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks
Tom

0
anonymous (74722)

Cannot Send Attachments in Outlook 2000
I have been able to send out attachment with Outlook 2000. Since the start of the week I cannot send an e-mail with an attachment. I have tried serveral different e-mail address and it still won't go out. I can receive e-mails with attchments. I've run all Office updates, run Norton, Virsus Scann, defrag, clean system. Any help would be appreciated. Why not? What happens? Error messages? Reports from recipients? Give us some meat to work with here! --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest vi...

how to refuse mails from invalid acount ?
Hi ! Every day, we received many spams messages. The message senders are inexistants users of our domain (for example, if we are owner of a domain called "domain.com", we can received spams from a user called "biddon@domain.com" althrought there is no user called biddon on our domain). It is possible to automaticaly refuse messages from users that does not exist on the "domain.com" domain ? We use exchange 5.5 Thank you. You have two options 1) If you know the intended recipients of the undeliverable inbound emails then you can create an empty DL and as...

Printing New Mail Messages In Outlook 2003
Everytime I create a new mail messages in Outlook 2003 and then try to print it, the from, to, cc, and subject fields is not printing. Only the message that I type is printing. Do anyone know how to troubleshoot this problem? Hi, Try to click Save before Print. Btw, you can install our Print Tools and print all outgoing messages automatically (you can filter messages by subject, recipient and/or other fields with Rules Wizard): http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/print_tools/ Alexander Gorlach, MAPILab Ltd. -- Must have Outlook add-ons http://www.mapilab.com/ > -----Original Message-----...

Outlook Web Access Junk E-mail filter update ?
Is there an update for the Outlook Web Access Junk E-mail filter ? We have several web based users who would like to receive an update for the OWA filter? Thanks ...

replying e-mail
How can I reply to an e-mail without showing the past history ? -- Johnny B Define "History". -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "JB" <bous1@optonline.net(donotspam)> wrote in message news:E17D276C-BA20-4C84-974B-B5CCF921CFA8@microsoft.com... > How can I reply to an e-mail without showing the past history ? > -- > Johnny B "JB" <bous1@optonline.net(donotspam)> wrote in message news:E17D276C-BA20-4C84-974B-B5CCF921CFA8@microsoft.com... > How can I reply to an e-mail withou...

Mail Merge
Whenever I am trying to run the wizard of mail merge, it goes to Step 3 of 6 where I point to Select from Outlook Contacts and on clicking "Choose Contacts Folder", the Office programme crashes and sends a report to Microsoft. Can someone suggest a work around to this issue? Thanking you in anticipation. Rajiv K. Khandelwal Rajiv K Khandelwal wrote: > Whenever I am trying to run the wizard of mail merge, it goes to Step 3 of 6 > where I point to Select from Outlook Contacts and on clicking "Choose > Contacts Folder", the Office programme crashes and sen...

how to use multiple reply mail addresses from one mailbox
Hi, We have several users that have multiple mail addresses under one mailbox. If these users reply, normally the standard reply address will be used. This can be confusing, as these users have different addresses in different domains (e.g. john@a.com and john@b.com). Is there a way to create a mail with a particular mail address or to reply from the address that the mail was sent to? We use Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2000/2003. Regards, Frank In news:unMojIYeGHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, Frank <frankie_mulder(nospamplease)@hotmail.com> typed: > Hi, > > We have sev...

Ex 5.5
We're seeing an increasing number of emails rejected on our Exchange 5.5 mail system with the message: Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure -- these are emails being sent internally within our corporate domain (and not smtp outbound) - it's not all the time, but is definitely occuring - has anyone else seen this in their organization? Thx J ...

User cannot recieve any new mail
I have ONE user on my Exchange 5.5 server (only 1 mail server) that cannot recieve his e-mail. I can see the number of items go up as he receives mail in his mailbox via the Exchange admin tool. However his client app (Outlook 2003 or WebMail) never has access to it.. Any ideas on how I can get access to this mail that is being delivered? He can send mail without any problems..Even his read receipts will not show up when he sends out a new message. I have no limits on his mailbox size.. The mailbox has 40,000 items and 360Meg of mail..which was reduced from 500Meg Any help would ...

How to import Emails and contacts from Yahoo mail to outlook 97?
Do you have a yahoo account that supports pop3? If not, you can't import it into outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com. "bupper"...

Get the same mail to both my mail accounts.
I have two mail accounts and every time i get a mail towards one account the same mail pops up in the other account as well. so every time i get a mail i always ends up with the same mail twice. Is there any one that can help me with this, its begingto be very disturbing This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0128_01CADCD9.91F1D740 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable make sure you do not have the option leave mail on server checked mikeyhsd@hotmail.com "Mr Amilon" &...

How do I set email to be received by date?
I want my Microsoft email to arrive on the list via current date with a preview. It used to be that way and suddenly changed. Help please. -- "Grace and peace be yours in abundance" . . . . .2 Peter 1.2 . . View | Sort By | Sent. View | Layout | Show Preview Pane. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "bhappy41b" <bhappy41b@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D57AEAA1-6D8D-4609-B3C5-5218A8672D2C@microsoft.com... >I want my Microsoft email to arrive on the list via current date with a > pr...

attachments in notes
I noticed that when attaching a file in a note (in our case a configuration file that will change frequently) that when the source file changes the copy on the crm server is not updated, therefore we end up with old data in crm. It appears that you have to remove the attachment and re-add it if you want the updated information. I would like to be able to pull up an account and files pertinent to the account (customer) site configurations. Anyone have suggestions on how to accomplish this without removing and re-adding the files? When you attach a document to a note, it uploads i...

Accessing Mail from Charter.net
I have been unable to get my mail from Charter.net server to come into Windows Mail. Is there a way to get it imported? Do you get an error message when you try? If so, right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.=20 Make sure you followed Charter's instructions for setting up that=20 account in Windows Mail: http://www.charter.com/customers/support.aspx?supportarticleid=3D1781 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microso...

Opening Excel email attachments
When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find suitable program.I then go online to find Excel but only get Uopdates. PC is XP version with Works Suite 2002. A fe months back my dear wife was downloading Excel an got board with waiting and shut down the PC! Any suggestions. Thanks Karl Hi there's no legal way to download Excel!! You have to buy< an Excel version and install it on your PC (or try to open the file with MS Works - but live with the restricted functionality) >-----Original Message----- >When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find >suitable progra...

Windows Live Mail
I am unable to access Windows Live Mail since getting this message "The message store has been corrupted by an application external to Windows Live Mail. Windows Live Mail has been able to successfully recover from this corruption (0X00000000)". I have read messages on various sites which tell me this is a problem with some virus programs. I have uninstalled my virus program. Still could not access Windows Live Mail. I then uninstaled Windows live Mail and then re-installed it still unable to access Windows Live Mail. How do I resolve this problem and recover my mess...

>> MAIl
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02B8_01C5B105.4983BB90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable >> MAIl - LIST << INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Business MULTI KLICK HERE: >> www.lux-life.de.vu << >> www.job-dich-reich.de.vu << >> www.luxcash.de.vu << >> www.konto-geld.de.vu << ************************************************************* ------=_NextPart_000_02B8_01C5B105.4983BB90 Content-Type: te...

error message when sending a group e-mail
In recent days when I try to send a group message with Outlook, I get the following error message: "An internet support function returned an error." The message doesn't send! I am able to send the group message with Outlook Express. Version: Outlook 2003(11.8018.8028) SP2 In news:4778B424-D496-4D37-BDB2-A38EAD08F99F@microsoft.com, gblu <gblu@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > In recent days when I try to send a group message with Outlook, I get > the following error message: "An internet support function returned > an error." The message doesn...

Selective Attachments
I have (what I believe is) a very common issue / annoyance with Outlook and how attachment are - or I guess I should say are not handled. I'm still using Outlook 2000, and I know that the more recent versions of Outlook have much more features and user functionality, but despite all my research I have not been able to locate any answer, program setting or add-in that addresses this issue. I've even suggested it directly to Microsoft and maybe's it's something that's being considered for the future, but for now it remains a question in my mind. Here's the iss...

Outlook -- replying with attachments
I'd really like to see outlook give me the option of replying with attachments. I often want to reply to all and add new folks to the list... and the new folks need the attachments. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/...

Outlook Express attachments
I will apologize up front if this is a foolish question, as I am an Exchange 2003 rookie. I am having trouble with several pop clients receiving attachments through an Exchange 2003 server I just installed. This only happens to Outlook Express clients setup as pop3 to get their mail from this server. In our testing, we have determined that attachments are working fine for Outlook 2003 clients configured as pop3. It isn't a size restriction as all attachments are blocked, even very small ones. I can find no mention of blocking attachments in the docs or help files of blocking attachm...

Incoming mail
Hey... I'm having problems with hosting multiple domains in exchange 2k03. My mx records are fine, both pointing to the same server, and in ESM, i put in both domains when i ran internet mail wizard. I've also added both domains to the email addresses in the default client policy, and tried creating another policy for the DOMAIN2. All mailboxes will recieve fine for DOMAIN1, but mailboxes which have an extra address for DOMAIN2 do not recieve mail for DOMAIN2. They are set to use the DOMAIN2 address as their default, and can send from it no problem, but from the outside-in mail is r...

Mail database
I am the Internal Affairs Officer at our local detention center and I am responsible for the accountability of all incoming mail to our inmates. I was wondering if anyone already has a database that I could massage for this purpose. I only need it to accept the inmates name, OCA#, name and address of sender, date received, general comment field. Any help would be appreciated. I provide help with Access, Excel and Word applications. I would like to offer to build your database for you for a nominal fee. Contact me if you want my help. Steve santus@penn.com "Need In...

e mail error, changes apostrophe to square
If I use an apostrophe, for example she's, using the default composing editor (word) when it goes to the outbox it changes the apostrophe to a square. Any help here? What message encoding are you using? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, ron asked: | If I use an apostrophe, for example she's, using the | default composing editor (word) when it ...

Exchange message tracking
Is there a more verbose message tracking in Exchange? I can see the path a message takes from mailbox to mailbox. But what if a user deletes, permanently deletes (shift-delete) or moves a message and claims that it's lost. Is there a way I can track the movement of a message within a mailbox from folder to folder or from the inbox to permanent deletion (either intentionally - or via mailbox management?). Thanks. On 28 Jun 2006 07:22:50 -0700, "angry_white_male" <lesterwils@gmail.com> wrote: >Is there a more verbose message tracking in Exchange? > >I can see ...