Mailbox displayed twice in folder view?

Running Outlook 2003 and I have my mailbox displayed twice under folder view. What can I do to have it
displayed only once? TIA

0
bob1518 (92)

Creating a Mailbox
Hi all, Is it possible to create a mailbox within the Exchange System Manager, eg, info@companyname.com without having to create a user. Im currently using exchange 2003 TIA, James Not really. What is the problem? JD wrote: > Hi all, > > Is it possible to create a mailbox within the Exchange System Manager, eg, > info@companyname.com without having to create a user. > > Im currently using exchange 2003 > > TIA, > > James You cannot create a mailbox in Exchange 2003 without creating a user account associated with it. However, if you just want an SMTP ad...

User explicitly denied "Full Mailbox Access"
I have an administrator account "Mark" that is explicitly denied the Full Mailbox Access permission in "Mailbox Rights". I am able to grant other adminstrators access to the same mailbox, even domain users. It seem the user is inheriting the single Deny permission, but I can't see where from. The user who's mailbox I am trying to grant access to is the domain\users OU. Mark is automatically denied full mailbox access to all users, even if I turn off inheritance in the security tab. Help? Thanks everyone in advance. Is his account listed in the exchange deleg...

2 Contact folders #2
I have 2 Contact folders named A and B. When I click To.. folder A opens. How do I make folder B open first? Set that option in your address book view: Tools > Options -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Invalid" <invalidl@invalid.com> wrote in message news:Xns9A4B6C39EDDA7rleasycom@208.49.82.28... >I have 2 Contact folders named A and B. When I click To.. folder A opens. > How do I make folder B open first? > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in news:477266CE- 2D4F-47A4-B4E6-001FF4029BC8@microsoft.com: > Set that opt...

How do i get Microsoft User Data folders out of my way / out of my Docs stack??
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, Everytime i launch an Office application i have this Microsoft User Data folders (those with Office identities, Word, Excel, etc profiles) that appear in my Documents stack. I can trash them but they will come back at the next session. It's just not nice to always have it in the way. A Documents stack is a stack for documents, not a dumping ground for Microsoft apps. QUESTION: How do i move this folder to somewhere definite where Office can refer to it as it pleases and it just gets the heck out of my way? Thanks...

mailbox limitations
Can anyone point me to any info on the size limitations for mailboxes & PST files..? I believe that beyond 2 GB MS says you're in a danger zone. I need further info to support our e-mail deletion policy PSTs have a limit of 2GB (corruption may happen even after 1GB). Mailboxes, on the other hand can be in the GB (but I wouldn't recommend it from an administrative standpoint). -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www.comsphere.com Ph: 954.275.0114 Fax: 954.791.6763 "Mikeg"...

mailbox split during mailbox move :(
If the mailbox move process dies in the middle of the mailbox and there is half of the mailbox on the new server and the other half on the old server. Is it possible to connect those two again? I had one of my mailboxes do this to me on my test domain and I ended up deleting (Purging) it since it wouldn't let me do anything with the part that was left on the source server. I am just wandering what if it would happen on my live server... do I have to bring the mailbox from .PST file or there is another way? Thank you in advance. On Wed, 31 May 2006 09:49:02 -0700, Volodymyr <vg@a...

duplicate inbox under archive folders
I had a duplicate Inbox appear and a duplicate Outlook Today heading appear from nowhere in my list of archive folders. New e-mail is being delivered to one Inbox or the other, sometimes to both. I'm unable to delete the duplicate Inbox. (I'm running XP Pro with multiple users accessing Outlook on this machine.) Couldn't find anything relevant in knowledge base. Any ideas how this happened and how to fix it? ...

Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes?
Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes? Is there a file that keeps track of additional mailboxes that I have access to and are displayed in my outlook folder list? I want to know for migration reasons. Once migrated will I have to add the mailboxes again or is there a file that can be copied or even a utility that will make sure I do not lose any. I only have a few, but some of my co-workers are connected to as many as 15-20 I believe. Thanks for any help They are part of the profile and stored in the registry. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/mru.htm - I don't rec...

The set of folders could not be opened. #2
Using Outlook 2003, with latest Office updates applied and using WinXP. I am getting the following error message: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists." This happens about once on a daily basis. This is what I am doing to get over it right now - once this message comes up, I re-boot (Start-Shutdown-Restart) my machine and everything works fine after the re-boot. If I just Log Off instead of restarting the computer, the prob...

Read Only access to mailbox?
I know that in Active Directory you can grant someon 'Full mailbox access' to another person's mailbox. Can you give Read Only access to another person's mailbox in AD, or do you have to do that through Outlook permissions with delegates or folder permissions? Thanks. On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:00:04 -0700, SilverICE <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know that in Active Directory you can grant someon 'Full mailbox access' to >another person's mailbox. Can you give Read Only access to another person's >mailbox in AD, or do you h...

[OT] 1GB mailbox
i have find this site that offer 1 gb of space!! http://www.walla.com/ it's wonderful! "MMC" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> said > i have find this site that offer 1 gb of space!! > > http://www.walla.com/ > > it's wonderful! > > No thanks. Since installing my SAN I now have a 10TB mailbox to play with. Andrew Mitchell <amitchell@removecasey.vic.gov.au> wrote in news:Xns95C7E0C461A29casey01@207.46.248.16: > No thanks. > Since installing my SAN I now have a 10TB mailbox to play with. Nice X-face! -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ...

Mailbox Access
I use Veritas Backup Exec to performa backups of our information stores and user mailboxes. During the course of the backups I get warnings from some mailboxes about e-mails that are corrupt. My question is, how do I get to the e-mail/mailbox level to find out what is wrong with the particular message and if need be, eliminate them? Thanks you. http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm Bill Van Loon wrote: > I use Veritas Backup Exec to performa backups of our information stores and > user mailboxes. During the course of the backups I get warnings from some > mailboxes about e-...

cannot delete mailbox in 5.5
when i try to delete a mailbox i get the following error: "failure to delete mailbox" event id is 1203. it suggests to stop and re-start the services, but that does not correct the issue. any suggestion on how to remove the mailbox that is not needed? thx.. Any help from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178757 tim wrote: > when i try to delete a mailbox i get the following error: "failure to delete > mailbox" event id is 1203. it suggests to stop and re-start the services, but > that does not correct the issue. any suggestion on how ...

OWA 2003, Display Names, Punctuation or Dashes
Hi, I just wanted to share what may be a bug or issue in OWA 2003 (or maybe it is designed this way?) as well as a workaround. I don't need a response since the workaround solved our problem, but I couldn't find it in the knowledge base. In our agency we have always labeled our resources (e.g. conference rooms) with AAS- in front (e.g. AAS-Large Conference Room) so they sort below the most important Distribution Lists but above the individual staff (this scheme was designed by one of the executives, no comment). Anyhow, so we upgraded to Exchange 2003 and started trying to vi...

Granting Admins full rights to all Mailboxes
Hi In our company we wish for the Exchange Admins to be able to open any users mailbox. Since our upgrade to exchange 2003 we have lost that abillity. I have followed the steps in in q821897 to restore this functionallity. The steps did not work, members of Domain Admins still do not have the abillity to open users mailboxes. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them Thank mar ...

How can we save email sent via mail merge into sent items folder
When we use mail merge utility, is there a possibility to save items in sent folder so that they can be forwarded or copied to specific people later Hi, it is easy with our Mail Merge Toolkit for Microsoft Office: http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/mail_merge/ This screenshot is an answer to your question: http://www.mapilab.com/images/screenshots/mail_merge/mmt_3.gif Alexander Gorlach, MAPILab Ltd. http://www.mapilab.com/ "Sudhakar" <Sudhakar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F313B1EC-5DAD-4C9B-AA6D-701FD7E6CD70@microsoft.com... > When we use mail merge ...

Checking mailbox usage
Hi, I'm using EX 2003 at the moment, and am pretty new to this, so this is probably really dumb question but... How can I find out the size of users' mailboxes from the server? I've looked everywhere, but can't seem to find it. We are running out of room on our mail server, and I want to find out who the biggest culprits are... Hope somebody can get back to me asap :) TIA Exchange System Manager | Administrative Groups | yourAdmin Group name | Servers | Your Server | your Storage Group Name | Mailbox Store | Mailboxes. Next to each mailbox in that store you'll see ...

Unable to access mailbox
Hi, I have suddenly encountered a problem with one of ourmailboxes (Exchange 2003 SP1), this is a monitored account where it is linked to a number of other mailboxes, but since last night, no one has any access to it. I can add the mailbox to my outlook profile, but when trying to open up the mailbox, I receive the error "Unable to expand the folder, the set of folders could not be opened. The informations tore could not be opened." I have tried with using the exchange primary service account (which had full acccess) as welll as seting a primary account for the account an...

Display chart data on selected employees
Greetings, Experts! (Sadly, I am not one of you) While working at a company here in San Diego, a gal in our departmen created a chart that could display company computer sales by model b selecting the model from a combo box located right there on the chart. For example, if the viewer selected "Model ABC123" from the combo box the chart would automatically change to only reflect daily sales value for that model only. I don't know anything about visual basic, and that is what the chart' macro is written in. Her macro looks up the models from a list o models, then gathers t...

Move mailbox increases the size of mailboxes
Hi, Doing a migration of Exchange 2000 to 2003, where mailboxes on an Exchange 2000 server is being moved to a newly installed Exchange 2003 SP2 server. After moving about dozen of users, we seem to notice a 20% increase of the size of the mailbox on Exchange 2003 from what it was on Exchange 2000... Is there any explaination for this ???, maybe single message storage or ??? Thanks !!! Single instance storage will be broken during the move. Nue "thinkpad21" <thinkpad21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27C8816D-9CF9-4E2F-96B4-CD172226F3D8@microsoft.com.....

Be able to Center the texct in datasheet View
Hi Guys, Does anyone know how to center the text in Datasheet view?? Is it possible?? many thnaks for your input!! Cheers, Select the fields in the form design view and set them to center. -- Daryl S "DontKnow" wrote: > Hi Guys, > > Does anyone know how to center the text in Datasheet view?? Is it possible?? > > many thnaks for your input!! > > Cheers, ...

Domain Admins + Full Mailbox Rights
Hi, I'm running Exchange 2003 and would like to give Domain Admins Full Mailbox access. I can give Full access rights Domain Admins in ADUC \ Mailbox rights, but then if want to remove the check from Domain Admins Full - Mailbox I can't. The tick shows as grey instead. Any ideas please? I think the users object is inhereting permissions from its parent. Regards, Kashif "PL3" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm running Exchange 2003 and would like to give Domain Admins Full Mailbox > access. I can give Full access rights Domain Admins in ADUC \ Mailbox rights, >...

Public Folder Replication #39
Hi, I am trying to set up PF replication between 2 Exchange 2000 servers. In System Manager in Public Folder properties I have added both servers into the 'Public Store associated to the folder tree' section. SERVER1 is where the PF's are, and SERVER2 is where I want them replicated to. When I look at PF replication status on SERVER2 it says it is in synch and that there are 2 replicas of both the public folder hierarchy and system configuration, yet the folders are still not replicated. I have also went into the properties of the top level folders and added SERVER2 into the r...

icons refresh to much when close folders
When i close my windows exploer or any folder pc keep refreshing icons & slows pc down, i herd there fix for this? using win xp sp3, i have my folder set to list mode so i see the text & windows classic mode not the current xp style. thanks Go here: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm Scroll to Line 157, left side "Prevent automatic icon and folder refresh" It's a registry file...right-click the link and save it to your desktop: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/disablerefresh.reg Double-click the "disablerefresh.reg"...

Corrupted Outlook folders
I keep getting this error "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location." when ever I install outlook. I can not open any outlook folders ie, contacts, calendar, notes, deleted items. Nothing works. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. error: Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. Does the pst-file still exist on the location it points to? If so; runscanpst.exe against it to check it for errors. If it doesn't recreate your mail profile in Con...