Mail merge to email with an attachment

------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C54401.F8168A50

When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged document =
and send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an =
attachment.  I am using custom forms and fields but it worked =
beautifully!

After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just =
hangs - I researched a bit and found business manager could do this - =
yes - but not with my custom forms and fields!!

Please help or I will have to merge and then send separate emails to =
each contact - what a pain!!!!

Alison
------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C54401.F8168A50

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>When I had office xp - I was able to =
very easily=20
email a merged document and send it automatuically to the relevant =
contacts in=20
my list as an attachment.&nbsp; I am using custom forms and fields but =
it worked=20
beautifully!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can =
no longer do=20
this - word just hangs - I researched a bit and found business manager =
could do=20
this - yes - but not with my custom forms and fields!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Please help or I will have to merge and =
then send=20
separate emails to each contact - what a pain!!!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Alison</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C54401.F8168A50--

0
akel4uk (12)

------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C54405.07FACF50

You might want to post to a Word newsgroup, sounds like a word problem
  "Alison Gaus" <akel4uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message =
  When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged =
document and send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list =
as an attachment.  I am using custom forms and fields but it worked =
beautifully!

  After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just =
hangs - I researched a bit and found business manager could do this - =
yes - but not with my custom forms and fields!!

  Please help or I will have to merge and then send separate emails to =
each contact - what a pain!!!!

  Alison
------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C54405.07FACF50

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You might want to post to a Word =
newsgroup, sounds=20
like a word problem</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"Alison Gaus" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:akel4uk@hotmail.com">akel4uk@hotmail.com</A>&gt; wrote =
in message=20
  <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:uirWYm$QFHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl">news:uirWYm$QFHA.3496=
@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>When I had office xp - I was able to =
very easily=20
  email a merged document and send it automatuically to the relevant =
contacts in=20
  my list as an attachment.&nbsp; I am using custom forms and fields but =
it=20
  worked beautifully!</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>After and upgrade to 2003 I find I =
can no longer=20
  do this - word just hangs - I researched a bit and found business =
manager=20
  could do this - yes - but not with my custom forms and =
fields!!</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Please help or I will have to merge =
and then send=20
  separate emails to each contact - what a pain!!!!</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>Alison</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C54405.07FACF50--

0
DL

------=_NextPart_000_00C5_01C54407.B6EA85D0

No - its definately an outlook thing as i am using outlook to start the =
meerge and i can merge fine to html or text just not as an attachment, =
word is only the document - ioutlook is the client - It worked fine in =
xp - trying to find an 3rd party addin that may do it.

Alison
  "DL" <dl@spoofmail> wrote in message =
[...]

<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>No - its definately an outlook thing as =
i am using=20
outlook to start the meerge and i can merge fine to html or text just =
not as an=20
attachment, word is only the document - ioutlook is the client - It =
worked fine=20
in xp - trying to find an 3rd party addin that may do it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Alison</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"DL" &lt;<A href=3D"mailto:dl@spoofmail">dl@spoofmail</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
  message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:OG45by$QFHA.2356@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl">news:OG45by$QFHA.2356=
@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You might want to post to a Word =
newsgroup,=20
  sounds like a word problem</FONT></DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
    <DIV>"Alison Gaus" &lt;<A=20
    href=3D"mailto:akel4uk@hotmail.com">akel4uk@hotmail.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
    message <A=20
    =
href=3D"news:uirWYm$QFHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl">news:uirWYm$QFHA.3496=
@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>When I had office xp - I was able =
to very=20
    easily email a merged document and send it automatuically to the =
relevant=20
    contacts in my list as an attachment.&nbsp; I am using custom forms =
and=20
    fields but it worked beautifully!</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>After and upgrade to 2003 I find I =
can no=20
    longer do this - word just hangs - I researched a bit and found =
business=20
    manager could do this - yes - but not with my custom forms and=20
    fields!!</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Please help or I will have to merge =
and then=20
    send separate emails to each contact - what a pain!!!!</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>Alison</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00C5_01C54407.B6EA85D0--

0
akel4uk (12)
4/18/2005 10:13:57 AM
Well documented.
Merges to electronic mail have never supported attachements.
Did you upgrade only Outlook or your entire Office suite.
Look for a third party alternative:
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Alison Gaus" <akel4uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged document and
send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an attachment.
I am using custom forms and fields but it worked beautifully!

After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just hangs -
I researched a bit and found business manager could do this - yes - but not
with my custom forms and fields!!

Please help or I will have to merge and then send separate emails to each
contact - what a pain!!!!

Alison

0
russval1 (2100)
4/18/2005 10:25:06 AM
Thank you!

The whole office suite

But I had no third party last time and it worked very well with office XP -
have they just disabled in 2003?

All the download links do not seem to work for the 3rd party applications -
I shall persevere though!!

Thanks

> Well documented.
> Merges to electronic mail have never supported attachements.
> Did you upgrade only Outlook or your entire Office suite.
> Look for a third party alternative:
> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail
>

> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Alison Gaus" <akel4uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged document
> and send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an
> attachment. I am using custom forms and fields but it worked beautifully!
>
> After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just
> hangs - I researched a bit and found business manager could do this -
> yes - but not with my custom forms and fields!!
>
> Please help or I will have to merge and then send separate emails to each
> contact - what a pain!!!!
>
> Alison

0
akel4uk (12)
4/18/2005 12:29:42 PM
I have tried all of the 3rd party apps that slipstick recommended - and some
more to boot - some of the links were broken and none of them worked - I
have been testing with just one contact, a 3 page document with maybe 10
merge fields, and the only thing that came close to working was mapi
toolkit - but that didn't complete the sending process - I have been at this
all day and it is very frustrating why did it work with XP and not with
2003 - it's illogical, IMHO!

> Well documented.
> Merges to electronic mail have never supported attachements.
> Did you upgrade only Outlook or your entire Office suite.
> Look for a third party alternative:
> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail
>

> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Alison Gaus" <akel4uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged document
> and send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an
> attachment. I am using custom forms and fields but it worked beautifully!
>
> After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just
> hangs - I researched a bit and found business manager could do this -
> yes - but not with my custom forms and fields!!
>
> Please help or I will have to merge and then send separate emails to each
> contact - what a pain!!!!
>
> Alison

0
akel4uk (12)
4/18/2005 5:51:00 PM
I have tried all of the 3rd party apps that slipstick recommended - and some
more to boot - some of the links were broken and none of them worked - I
have been testing with just one contact, a 3 page document with maybe 10
merge fields, and the only thing that came close to working was mapi
toolkit - but that didn't complete the sending process - I have been at this
all day and it is very frustrating why did it work with XP and not with
2003 - it's illogical, IMHO!

Any more suggestions????? PLEASE!!

Alison

> Well documented.
> Merges to electronic mail have never supported attachements.
> Did you upgrade only Outlook or your entire Office suite.
> Look for a third party alternative:
> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail
>

> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Alison Gaus" <akel4uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged document
> and send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an
> attachment. I am using custom forms and fields but it worked beautifully!
>
> After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just
> hangs - I researched a bit and found business manager could do this -
> yes - but not with my custom forms and fields!!
>
> Please help or I will have to merge and then send separate emails to each
> contact - what a pain!!!!
>
> Alison

0
akel4uk (12)
4/18/2005 5:51:24 PM
I have tried all of the 3rd party apps that slipstick recommended - and some
more to boot - some of the links were broken and none of them worked - I
have been testing with just one contact, a 3 page document with maybe 10
merge fields, and the only thing that came close to working was mapi
toolkit - but that didn't complete the sending process - I have been at this
all day and it is very frustrating why did it work with XP and not with
2003 - it's illogical, IMHO!

Any more suggestions????? PLEASE!!

Alison

> Well documented.
> Merges to electronic mail have never supported attachements.
> Did you upgrade only Outlook or your entire Office suite.
> Look for a third party alternative:
> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail
>

> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Alison Gaus" <akel4uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged document
> and send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an
> attachment. I am using custom forms and fields but it worked beautifully!
>
> After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just
> hangs - I researched a bit and found business manager could do this -
> yes - but not with my custom forms and fields!!
>
> Please help or I will have to merge and then send separate emails to each
> contact - what a pain!!!!
>
> Alison

0
akel4uk (12)
4/18/2005 5:51:26 PM
Actually, they do. The Merge to E-mail dialog in Word 2003 (and previous =
versions) gives 3 options -- Attachment, Plain Text, and HTML. Only =
HTML, of course, avoids security prompts.=20

And the attachment format is available only as an alternative to a =
message with merge text. You can either have a message with merge text =
or a blank message with an attachment that contains merge text. You =
cannot get Office to do a message with merge text & an attachment with =
merge text.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of
     Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message =
> Well documented.
> Merges to electronic mail have never supported attachements.
> Did you upgrade only Outlook or your entire Office suite.
> Look for a third party alternative:
> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Alison Gaus" <akel4uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message=20
> When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged =
document and=20
> send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an =
attachment.=20
> I am using custom forms and fields but it worked beautifully!
>=20
> After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just =
hangs -=20
> I researched a bit and found business manager could do this - yes - =
but not=20
> with my custom forms and fields!!
>=20
> Please help or I will have to merge and then send separate emails to =
each=20
> contact - what a pain!!!!
>=20
> Alison=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)
4/18/2005 6:40:02 PM
Thats how i used to do it before! It allows you to put a subject line in,
but even if i am only trying to merge one contact and choose attachment,
word hangs before it merges.  It used to merge and then the virus secirity
msg would pop up and i would 'allow' it.  Juts for your information only
word hangs outlook remains fine -

The funny thing is i used to complain about the length it took to perform
one of my previuous merges coz i had such a slow PC - now i got a much
faster super dooper one with the upgrade to 20003 and it doesn't work - sods
law!!

As i posted earlier I have tried all of the 3rd party apps that slipstick

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
Actually, they do. The Merge to E-mail dialog in Word 2003 (and previous
versions) gives 3 options -- Attachment, Plain Text, and HTML. Only HTML, of
course, avoids security prompts.

And the attachment format is available only as an alternative to a message
with merge text. You can either have a message with merge text or a blank
message with an attachment that contains merge text. You cannot get Office
to do a message with merge text & an attachment with merge text.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

> Well documented.
> Merges to electronic mail have never supported attachements.
> Did you upgrade only Outlook or your entire Office suite.
> Look for a third party alternative:
> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail
>

> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Alison Gaus" <akel4uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged document
> and
> send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an
> attachment.
> I am using custom forms and fields but it worked beautifully!
>
> After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just
> hangs -
> I researched a bit and found business manager could do this - yes - but
> not
> with my custom forms and fields!!
>
> Please help or I will have to merge and then send separate emails to each
> contact - what a pain!!!!
>
> Alison

0
akel4uk (12)
4/18/2005 10:43:03 PM
I suspect that the security prompt is there, but behind the Word window. =
That would certainly make Word appear to hang. Try clicking on the =
Outlook button on the task bar.=20

> Thats how i used to do it before! It allows you to put a subject line =
in,=20
> but even if i am only trying to merge one contact and choose =
attachment,=20
> word hangs before it merges.  It used to merge and then the virus =
secirity=20
> msg would pop up and i would 'allow' it.  Juts for your information =
only=20
> word hangs outlook remains fine -
>=20
> The funny thing is i used to complain about the length it took to =
perform=20
> one of my previuous merges coz i had such a slow PC - now i got a much =

> faster super dooper one with the upgrade to 20003 and it doesn't work =
- sods=20
> law!!
>=20
> As i posted earlier I have tried all of the 3rd party apps that =
slipstick=20
> recommended - and some
> more to boot - some of the links were broken and none of them worked - =
> have been testing with just one contact, a 3 page document with maybe =
10
> merge fields, and the only thing that came close to working was mapi
> toolkit - but that didn't complete the sending process - I have been =
at this
> all day and it is very frustrating
>=20
>=20
> Alison
>=20
> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message=20
> Actually, they do. The Merge to E-mail dialog in Word 2003 (and =
previous=20
> versions) gives 3 options -- Attachment, Plain Text, and HTML. Only =
HTML, of=20
> course, avoids security prompts.
>=20
> And the attachment format is available only as an alternative to a =
message=20
> with merge text. You can either have a message with merge text or a =
blank=20
> message with an attachment that contains merge text. You cannot get =
Office=20
> to do a message with merge text & an attachment with merge text.
>=20
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message=20
>> Well documented.
>> Merges to electronic mail have never supported attachements.
>> Did you upgrade only Outlook or your entire Office suite.
>> Look for a third party alternative:
>> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail
>>

>> --=20
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Alison Gaus" <akel4uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged =
document=20
>> and
>> send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an=20
>> attachment.
>> I am using custom forms and fields but it worked beautifully!
>>
>> After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just=20
>> hangs -
>> I researched a bit and found business manager could do this - yes - =
but=20
>> not
>> with my custom forms and fields!!
>>
>> Please help or I will have to merge and then send separate emails to =
each
>> contact - what a pain!!!!
>>
>> Alison
>>
>>=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)
4/18/2005 10:58:12 PM
No it definitely isn't, word just stops working, you can minimise it but in
task manager - it says not responding and its cpu usage stays at around
50% - doesn't move at all like it would do if it was processing!

Could there be anything else stopping it work everything is the same on this
pc except this is a dell with, I  presume, its own security settings - could
that be the problem and if yes how do I
a     find out
b    disable it

> [...]

>> Look for a third party alternative:
>> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail
>>

>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Alison Gaus" <akel4uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged document
>> and
>> send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an
>> attachment.
>> I am using custom forms and fields but it worked beautifully!
>>
>> After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just
>> hangs -
>> I researched a bit and found business manager could do this - yes - but
>> not
>> with my custom forms and fields!!
>>
>> Please help or I will have to merge and then send separate emails to each

0
akel4uk (12)
4/19/2005 7:34:34 AM
I know of no reason why it wouldn't work. There are no settings =
involved.=20

> No it definitely isn't, word just stops working, you can minimise it =
but in=20
> task manager - it says not responding and its cpu usage stays at =
around=20
> 50% - doesn't move at all like it would do if it was processing!
>=20
> Could there be anything else stopping it work everything is the same =
on this=20
> pc except this is a dell with, I  presume, its own security settings - =
could=20
> that be the problem and if yes how do I
> a     find out
> b    disable it
>=20
>=20
> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message=20
> I suspect that the security prompt is there, but behind the Word =
window.=20
> That would certainly make Word appear to hang. Try clicking on the =
Outlook=20
> button on the task bar.
>=20
> "Alison Gaus" <akel4uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message=20
>> Thats how i used to do it before! It allows you to put a subject line =
in,
>> but even if i am only trying to merge one contact and choose =
attachment,
>> word hangs before it merges.  It used to merge and then the virus =
secirity
>> msg would pop up and i would 'allow' it.  Juts for your information =
only
>> word hangs outlook remains fine -
>>
>> The funny thing is i used to complain about the length it took to =
perform
>> one of my previuous merges coz i had such a slow PC - now i got a =
much
>> faster super dooper one with the upgrade to 20003 and it doesn't work =
-=20
>> sods
>> law!!
>>
>> As i posted earlier I have tried all of the 3rd party apps that =
slipstick
>> recommended - and some
>> more to boot - some of the links were broken and none of them worked =
- I
>> have been testing with just one contact, a 3 page document with maybe =
10
>> merge fields, and the only thing that came close to working was mapi
>> toolkit - but that didn't complete the sending process - I have been =
at=20
>> this
>> all day and it is very frustrating
>>

>> Alison
>>
>> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
>> Actually, they do. The Merge to E-mail dialog in Word 2003 (and =
previous
>> versions) gives 3 options -- Attachment, Plain Text, and HTML. Only =
HTML,=20
>> of
>> course, avoids security prompts.
>>
>> And the attachment format is available only as an alternative to a =
message
>> with merge text. You can either have a message with merge text or a =
blank
>> message with an attachment that contains merge text. You cannot get =
Office
>> to do a message with merge text & an attachment with merge text.
>>
>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Well documented.
>>> Merges to electronic mail have never supported attachements.
>>> Did you upgrade only Outlook or your entire Office suite.
>>> Look for a third party alternative:
>>> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail
>>>

>>> --=20
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]
>>> "Alison Gaus" <akel4uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged =
document
>>> and
>>> send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an
>>> attachment.
>>> I am using custom forms and fields but it worked beautifully!
>>>
>>> After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just
>>> hangs -
>>> I researched a bit and found business manager could do this - yes - =
but
>>> not
>>> with my custom forms and fields!!
>>>
>>> Please help or I will have to merge and then send separate emails to =
each
>>> contact - what a pain!!!!
>>>
>>> Alison
>>>

>>=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)
4/19/2005 1:44:32 PM
Have delved further and discovered that it will not send as attachment even
if you merge to document and then use 'send to recipient as an attachment'.
I had to 'save as'  and then 'send to recipient as an attachment'.

There must be something stopping it - maybe the merge fields or something
that are only there at the merge instance and are not after saving.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

> [...]

>>> Look for a third party alternative:
>>> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail
>>>

>>> --
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]
>>> "Alison Gaus" <akel4uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged document
>>> and
>>> send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an
>>> attachment.
>>> I am using custom forms and fields but it worked beautifully!
>>>
>>> After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just
>>> hangs -
>>> I researched a bit and found business manager could do this - yes - but
>>> not
>>> with my custom forms and fields!!
>>>
>>> Please help or I will have to merge and then send separate emails to

0
akel4uk (12)
4/19/2005 6:11:57 PM
Having now finally installed prowirte and got it configured correctly - i
again tried a merge, it got as far as the merge but could not put the email
to the outbox AGAIN!! - is this a mapi issue - i do not understand mapi at
all - should i go for an unistall and reinstall of office?

> [...]

>>> Look for a third party alternative:
>>> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail
>>>

>>> --
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]
>>> "Alison Gaus" <akel4uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged document
>>> and
>>> send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an
>>> attachment.
>>> I am using custom forms and fields but it worked beautifully!
>>>
>>> After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just
>>> hangs -
>>> I researched a bit and found business manager could do this - yes - but
>>> not
>>> with my custom forms and fields!!
>>>
>>> Please help or I will have to merge and then send separate emails to

0
akel4uk (12)
4/20/2005 12:37:17 AM
I have finally worked out what is causing the problem!

Inside the main document is a text box with a merge field in it - when i
remove the box it works fine! - Is this a setting i can adjust as i know i
have merged with a text box present before - if not themn i will have to
work around the text box.

> [...]

>>> Look for a third party alternative:
>>> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail
>>>

>>> --
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]
>>> "Alison Gaus" <akel4uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged document
>>> and
>>> send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an
>>> attachment.
>>> I am using custom forms and fields but it worked beautifully!
>>>
>>> After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just
>>> hangs -
>>> I researched a bit and found business manager could do this - yes - but
>>> not
>>> with my custom forms and fields!!
>>>
>>> Please help or I will have to merge and then send separate emails to

0
akel4uk (12)
4/20/2005 8:26:22 PM
That definitely sounds like a contributing factor. IIRC, form fields =
generally don't work on email messages. Putting that merge field in the =
text without a text box field should work, though.=20

> [...]
>>> this
>>> all day and it is very frustrating
>>>

>>> Alison
>>>
>>> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
>>> Actually, they do. The Merge to E-mail dialog in Word 2003 (and =
previous
>>> versions) gives 3 options -- Attachment, Plain Text, and HTML. Only =
HTML,
>>> of
>>> course, avoids security prompts.
>>>
>>> And the attachment format is available only as an alternative to a=20
>>> message
>>> with merge text. You can either have a message with merge text or a =
blank
>>> message with an attachment that contains merge text. You cannot get=20
>>> Office
>>> to do a message with merge text & an attachment with merge text.

0
suemvp (4038)
4/20/2005 9:14:49 PM
converted text box to a frame - all working!! goodness what a palava!!!!

Thank you so much for your help.

> [...]

>>> this
>>> all day and it is very frustrating
>>>

>>> Alison
>>>
>>> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
>>> Actually, they do. The Merge to E-mail dialog in Word 2003 (and previous
>>> versions) gives 3 options -- Attachment, Plain Text, and HTML. Only
>>> HTML,
>>> of
>>> course, avoids security prompts.
>>>
>>> And the attachment format is available only as an alternative to a
>>> message
>>> with merge text. You can either have a message with merge text or a
>>> blank
>>> message with an attachment that contains merge text. You cannot get
>>> Office
>>> to do a message with merge text & an attachment with merge text.

0
akel4uk (12)

re-downloading mail on Outlook 2003
I just upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2003. Using Outlook 97, my wife and I were able to use different computers but share one email account. The same mail was downloaded to each PC one time. Now, the same mail gets downloaded over and over again on each PC. I obviously can choose to delete the mail from the server so that it only gets read once, but then the second PC will never see it. How can I get the same behavior from Outlook 2003 that I used to have? Reading 500 messages every 10 minutes makes the upgrade really unusable. Try creating a new mail profile on each comput...

How do you a mail message to everyone in your mail database
How do you sending a mail message to everyone is your mail database? I have switched internet dial-up links and need to send a message to everyone. -- Michael Felix felix@attglobal.net You can select all items in your Contacts folder (assuming they all have valid e-mail addresses -- if not, set a filter first so that only those with valid e-mail addresses are showing) and then click Actions | New message to contact. Of course, if you have a lot of contacts, your ISP may balk at sending to so many at once -- if so, you'll have to break up the list somehow. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP -...

create email newsletter with pictures and hyperlinks using publis
I want to create an email newsletter in publisher that will contain pictures and hyperlinks. Basically, I can do this right in my yahoo email but I can't get the fancy formats like those in publisher. What type of file should I save it as and then how do link it to the email. I've tried doing this several ways including saving it as a webpage or jpg file, publishing the page, and then copying it to the email text --- but that didn't work. What am I doing wrong here? "John Downing" <JohnDowning@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49470DF6-A4...

OL2003 unable to send mail
Hi In OL2003 when I try to send email I get; 'Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: .... None of your email accounts could send to this recipient.' The pc is connected to the internet via a router. Other pcs connected to the router can send mail fine. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards Do you require authentication to send email? check with your provider. "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23AzlAxUQFHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi ...

Safe sendershould not go to junk mail
Hi, I have an web application sends email, I found outlook 2003 puts the emails to the junk mail folder if multiple emails were sent within a short period of time, about 1 minute. The initial one was ok went to inbox, while the followings went to junk mail. but if the gap between multiple emails sent time was longer, the problem went away. (each one went to inbox). This only happened for outlook 2003, not for outlook xp. The sender address is in the global address list, with the same domain with all my users. (so I think it qualified as safe sender.) Question: How can I turn off this filt...

multiple e-mails
Usin' Outlook or Outlook Express, for some reason I keep gettin' repeat emails. Somebody can send me one and I get the same message two or three times! What can I do, if anything, to cure this problem? Anybody had the same problem? Please don't tell me I'm the only one that has had this problem... Rayce texican@coastaccess.com ...

roadwarrior + principal + multigig e-mail + psts = ???
hi all, here's the deal. we have a principal who travels all the time. she gets an insane amount of legit e-mail with small to large attachments (we cap it at 15 MB, 5 MB is fairly common). her mailbox is capped at 700 MB. this is not enough. we have to archive for her every other month. she has almost 2GBs of PST archives on the network. she wants to have access to them all the time. so we have set up offline files to sync the pst folder. ick. sometimes she'll actually edit the psts on the road and when she gets back she's asked to choose between the network version and her loca...

e-mail #17
Microsoft Outlook does not respond to making it my default for e-mail. I have checked all that I know how to. It is checked as my default under "Other" Tab but it continues to send my e-mail to Outlook Express. Why? What am I doing wrong? Orville Cruea <ocruea@columbus.rr.com> wrote: > Microsoft Outlook does not respond to making it my > default for e-mail. I have checked all that I know how > to. It is checked as my default under "Other" Tab but it > continues to send my e-mail to Outlook Express. Why? What > am I doing wrong? What you are doi...

mails are not going out side of my domain
hi , i have an exchange 2003 (sp1) with windows server 2003(sp1) i have an smtp filter for exchange which filters the mails coming in my exchange server , the scenario is like that , first i have an router then pix firewall and then smtp filter then my exchange comes ,he domain controller and exchnage are on same machine. today i am getting a problem is that the mails from hotmail and yahoo are coming to my exchange but the mails from my exchange are not going outside ,the error i am getting is given below. "Your message with Subject: hi test mail could not be delivered to the fo...

Importing old MS Mail folders
I need to import the shared folders and global address book from an old MS Mail postoffice. I have seen some discussions concerning migrating mailboxes but very little at that. Can anyone point me in the right direction? THanx! ...

Counts for Mail Folders #2
I'd like to have the total number of messages in all the folders and subfolders of my mailbox to appear on the status bar. I don't think that's possible "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21235507-8D1A-49F6-8ACA-AEFF12922B79@microsoft.com... > I'd like to have the total number of messages in all the folders and > subfolders of my mailbox to appear on the status bar. ...

Automatic Receipt of email when Outlook is opened
I am having to select Send/Receive to get email and I think there is a way for email to automatically come into Outlook from the server without that selection. This is a home computer running XP Pro on a Cable Modem. It is possible to set this up. Here is a link to an article that should walk you through the steps to make this happen, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;829168. I hope this helps resolve your issue. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Setup Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications ------------------...

repititive e-mails
Outlook 2002 in Office XP When sending, the mail does not leave the outbox and sends over and over again, never making it to the sent items folder. The recipients are getting it multiple times. How to fix? ...

Exchange: Internal domain email address for external internet based email accounts
Hi, Management want to arrange it that affiliated individuals can have an email address alias from our domain, that will automatically be forwarded on to their internet based email accounts (hotmail, yahoo mail etc). I know I can do this by creating user accounts with mailboxes and then setting a forward to a contact containing their internet based email addresses, but this seems rather inefficient - there is no need for their mails to accumulate on mailboxes on our email servers. Is there a better solution, where outside users can email to an address that looks like it sits on our domain, bu...

Mail receiveing but not sending
Since setting up my mail to use SMTP instead of pop3 I can recieve mail fine but when I send mail it goes but doesn't turn up at the other end! I used the ICW in sbs 2003 to configure it. I've checked the queues on the exchange server but there all empty. My exchange Small Business SMTP connector Properties are set to forward all mail through a smart host. currently smtp.ozemail.com.au!! Not sure why this is happening! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Any help from SBS newsgroup? John wrote: > Since setting up my mail to use SMTP instead of pop3 I can > recie...

Unable to send e-mails, but can receive e-mail.
I have re-installed Windows Outlook 2000 but now I can not receive e-mails. My network configuration is correct. My IP address and server are correctly labeled, but I still can not receive e-mail. Everyone on the server are not having any problems. What should I do? Hi - which is it you're having a problem with? Your subject line & message content are contradictory... Are you connecting to an Exchange server? What kind of mail account are you having problems with? What errors do you get? GJimenez wrote: > I have re-installed Windows Outlook 2000 but now I can not > receive...

Replicate mail boxes?
is it possable to replicate mail boxes? I would like to do this while we migrate fully over to our new server? What are you trying to accomplish? replicate Stores? At byte and block levels using 3rd party products like NSI, or from storage vendors like NetApp (SnapMirror) and EMC. Exchange 12 is reported to have log shipping. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:e$ZlNv66FHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > is it possable to replicate mail...

Incoming mail server changes to "localhost" after windows is restarting
hi... this is the problem i am facing...can anyone help me "Incoming mail server changes to "localhost" after windows is restarting" pls reply in vijai@fourdtech.co.in" Thanks & Regards Vijay The most likely reason is that you have an antivirus solution installed that can scan e-mail as it is downloaded. You would need to disable the scanning of e-mail to get what you describe to stop. "vijai@fourdtech.co.in" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:146d01c4a20a$b5ca8e60$a301280a@phx.gbl... > hi... > > this is ...

delete blocked senders messages on receipt why junk mail them?
Why is it that after going to all the trouble of putting people onto a blocked senders list the filter still puts their messages into the junk mail folder for you to delete them? Or am I understanding the training wrong? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane....

Mailing in a test enviornment
I have a CRM ans SQL server configure on a single machine and the Domain controleer along with exchange Server on a seperate machine. Till some time back Mails could be sent via CRM and they could be seen in the history tab. Suddenly when i try to send mails vai CRM, it gives me the following error: Unexpected Error for more information contact your system administrator. I have checked all the necessary services required for the excahnge enviornment. The exchange router has been reinstalled as well. Still cannot figure out why I am getting this error. Thank for your help in advance Jus...

change mail format for contacts
For the iphone, attachments come over as winmail.dat and the solution is to change the mail format in options, mail format to HTML. Also the individual contacts needs to be changed by double clicking the email address and changing the internet format to Send Plain Text only. After these changes are made, the attachments come over fine. I have had problems with this issue with some contact before. I would love to be able to make this change globally instead of having to edit all contacts. Can this be done. It can be done with some VBA code, which you'll find here: ht...

OE 6.0 "Unsafe attachments" #2
Recently began receiving msg "oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: xxx.jpg, yyy,jpg, etc." What's causing this? I am comfortable with these attachments and want to access them. How do I turn off this function, and how do I access attachments removed by this function? Happening on both Win 98 and XP Here is a link to an article that explains why this is happening and how to disable this feature in Outlook Express, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;291387. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partne...

CRM & Email Tracking
Hi, We have CRM3.0 and email tracking is on. For 99.9% of cases, CRM seems to track the emails well, but we have found a few emails that have not been tracked. Of these, I have narrowed them down to a couple of causes 1) recipient was in the BCC line 2) attachment > 5mb however, there are still a number of emails that dont fit either of those descriptions. Any ideas? CRM (or the network connection to CRM) not available to the time the emails arrived in the CRM sink mailbox? "Brisvegas" <Brisvegas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:328531B9-15AB-41B...

cannot receive mail, delete mail, or send mail. get an error message.
Now I know why I switch between Outlook Express and Outlook: Both cease to function at one point in time. In Outlook 2000, I cannot receive mail; I cannot delete mail; I cannot use the calendar function. Here are the messages: When I click receive mail, I get: C:Windows\ApplicationData\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst could not be accessed.access denied. and: (Account:'incoming.verizon.net',PPO3server:'incoming.verizo n.net',error number:0x800040116). I cannot delete. I get the following message:C:Windows\ApplicationData\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook ..pst could not be accessed...

Incoming E-Mail
Good morning: If I send an e-mail from CRM, and the client responds, the e-mail ends up in my Outlook--not in CRM. Nor does a copy of the e-mail response end up in CRM. I have to tell the program "Track in CRM" even though it was sent from there originally. Is this by design or have I missed a mail routing rule/configuration setting? Thanks Hi Dave, If you look in closed activities, do you see the replied email? I seems to me that the exchange router simply creates a forwarding rule for the iser (the one sending and receiving email) that forwards incoming email with the...