Mail Merge #10

I used to use Word 2000 and Outlook 2000 in Win98SE to do a  Mail Merge to
create labels for Christmas Cards. ( I know it's tacky!!). I now have Win
Home XP and Word 2003 and Outlook 2003. Unfortunately I can't seem to
complete a Mail Merge. When I start in Outlook I get to Word but in Step 2 of
the Mail Merge Wizard I select Outlook Contacts and get an error message
"Reqd file SCHDMAPI.DLL could not be found. Chk your email installation and
reinstall Word if Nec."
When I start in Word I get to  "choose Outlook file". When I select contacts
folder I get an error message "There is no default mail client or current
mail client cannot fulfill message request run Outlook and set it as default
mail client".
I use Outlook Express for email and Outlook for my address book. They share
it.
Help!!
I tried to set

You must set Outlook as your default mail client if you are going to do a
mail merge.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"VinceMalin" <VinceMalin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I used to use Word 2000 and Outlook 2000 in Win98SE to do a  Mail Merge to
> create labels for Christmas Cards. ( I know it's tacky!!). I now have Win
> Home XP and Word 2003 and Outlook 2003. Unfortunately I can't seem to
> complete a Mail Merge. When I start in Outlook I get to Word but in Step 2
> of
> the Mail Merge Wizard I select Outlook Contacts and get an error message
> "Reqd file SCHDMAPI.DLL could not be found. Chk your email installation
> and
> reinstall Word if Nec."
> When I start in Word I get to  "choose Outlook file". When I select
> contacts
> folder I get an error message "There is no default mail client or current
> mail client cannot fulfill message request run Outlook and set it as
> default
> mail client".
> I use Outlook Express for email and Outlook for my address book. They
> share
> it.
> Help!!
> I tried to set

0
russval (3097)
11/2/2004 2:44:13 AM
I tried couldn't figure out how to make Outlook my default mail client. I am
also a little leery of making the chang because I use Outlook express for my
email. I assume when I am done with the mail merge that I will then have to
change back. Can you provide help on how to do this?

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> You must set Outlook as your default mail client if you are going to do a
> mail merge.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "VinceMalin" <VinceMalin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I used to use Word 2000 and Outlook 2000 in Win98SE to do a  Mail Merge to
> > create labels for Christmas Cards. ( I know it's tacky!!). I now have Win
> > Home XP and Word 2003 and Outlook 2003. Unfortunately I can't seem to
> > complete a Mail Merge. When I start in Outlook I get to Word but in Step 2
> > of
> > the Mail Merge Wizard I select Outlook Contacts and get an error message
> > "Reqd file SCHDMAPI.DLL could not be found. Chk your email installation
> > and
> > reinstall Word if Nec."
> > When I start in Word I get to  "choose Outlook file". When I select
> > contacts
> > folder I get an error message "There is no default mail client or current
> > mail client cannot fulfill message request run Outlook and set it as
> > default
> > mail client".
> > I use Outlook Express for email and Outlook for my address book. They
> > share
> > it.
> > Help!!
> > I tried to set

0
Vince (257)
11/2/2004 9:54:03 PM
Only Outlook can provide the transports necessary for a mail merge, and it
can only do so if it is configured as the default mail program. You do so in
Control Panel > Internet Options > Programs. You should be able to set it
back to OE after you're done.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Vince" <Vince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I tried couldn't figure out how to make Outlook my default mail client. I
>am
> also a little leery of making the chang because I use Outlook express for
> my
> email. I assume when I am done with the mail merge that I will then have
> change back. Can you provide help on how to do this?
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> You must set Outlook as your default mail client if you are going to do a
>> mail merge.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "VinceMalin" <VinceMalin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I used to use Word 2000 and Outlook 2000 in Win98SE to do a  Mail Merge
>> > create labels for Christmas Cards. ( I know it's tacky!!). I now have
>> > Win
>> > Home XP and Word 2003 and Outlook 2003. Unfortunately I can't seem to
>> > complete a Mail Merge. When I start in Outlook I get to Word but in
>> > Step 2
>> > of
>> > the Mail Merge Wizard I select Outlook Contacts and get an error
>> > message
>> > "Reqd file SCHDMAPI.DLL could not be found. Chk your email installation
>> > and
>> > reinstall Word if Nec."
>> > When I start in Word I get to  "choose Outlook file". When I select
>> > contacts
>> > folder I get an error message "There is no default mail client or
>> > current
>> > mail client cannot fulfill message request run Outlook and set it as
>> > default
>> > mail client".
>> > I use Outlook Express for email and Outlook for my address book. They
>> > share
>> > it.
>> > Help!!
>> > I tried to set

0
russval (3097)
11/2/2004 10:02:14 PM
Well I switched default mail but it still doesn't work. I keep getting hung
up at Step 2 when it asks for the data source. I enter OL Contacts and I get
error messages. I can't seem to get Word to accept the contacts folder as my
source of data.

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Only Outlook can provide the transports necessary for a mail merge, and it
> can only do so if it is configured as the default mail program. You do so in
> Control Panel > Internet Options > Programs. You should be able to set it
> back to OE after you're done.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Vince" <Vince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I tried couldn't figure out how to make Outlook my default mail client. I
> >am
> > also a little leery of making the chang because I use Outlook express for
> > my
> > email. I assume when I am done with the mail merge that I will then have
> > change back. Can you provide help on how to do this?
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> You must set Outlook as your default mail client if you are going to do a
> >> mail merge.
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]
> >> "VinceMalin" <VinceMalin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Do you have your Outlook Address Book configured to connect to your Contacts
folder?
--
> Well I switched default mail but it still doesn't work. I keep getting
> hung
> up at Step 2 when it asks for the data source. I enter OL Contacts and I
> get
> error messages. I can't seem to get Word to accept the contacts folder as
> my
> source of data.
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Only Outlook can provide the transports necessary for a mail merge, and
>> it
>> can only do so if it is configured as the default mail program. You do so
>> in
>> Control Panel > Internet Options > Programs. You should be able to set it
>> back to OE after you're done.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Vince" <Vince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I tried couldn't figure out how to make Outlook my default mail client.
>> >am
>> > also a little leery of making the chang because I use Outlook express
>> > for
>> > my
>> > email. I assume when I am done with the mail merge that I will then
>> > have
>> > change back. Can you provide help on how to do this?

0
russval (3097)
11/4/2004 1:37:11 AM
Well I though that I did. I had made a change in the registry to accomplish
that but it didn't seem to work. I changed it back and tried again with no
success - Word now takes me to "dlink properties".

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Do you have your Outlook Address Book configured to connect to your Contacts
> folder?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "VinceMalin" <VinceMalin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Well I switched default mail but it still doesn't work. I keep getting
> > hung
> > up at Step 2 when it asks for the data source. I enter OL Contacts and I
> > get
> > error messages. I can't seem to get Word to accept the contacts folder as
> > my
> > source of data.
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> Only Outlook can provide the transports necessary for a mail merge, and
> >> it
> >> can only do so if it is configured as the default mail program. You do so
> >> in
> >> Control Panel > Internet Options > Programs. You should be able to set it
> >> back to OE after you're done.
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]
> >> "Vince" <Vince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

You'd better provide some detail here. Since when is a reg hack necessary to
configure the Outlook Address Book?
Did you follow the directions?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002
--
> Well I though that I did. I had made a change in the registry to
> accomplish
> that but it didn't seem to work. I changed it back and tried again with no
> success - Word now takes me to "dlink properties".
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Do you have your Outlook Address Book configured to connect to your
>> Contacts
>> folder?
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "VinceMalin" <VinceMalin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Well I switched default mail but it still doesn't work. I keep getting
>> > hung
>> > up at Step 2 when it asks for the data source. I enter OL Contacts and
>> > get
>> > error messages. I can't seem to get Word to accept the contacts folder
>> > as
>> > my
>> > source of data.

0
russval (3097)
11/4/2004 3:23:57 AM
I have OE6 and OL2003. My understanding is that sharing the Contacts folder
of OL2003 with the Address Book of OE6 is not supported. I found a link that
explained how to accomplish this through a change in the registry which I
did.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER
   Software
     Microsoft
       WAB
         WAB4
It has you add a new DWORD value named UseOutlook and modify its value to "1".
This supposedly enables sharing by not allowing OE to use the *.wab.
That said since I tried deleting that DWORD and retried Mail Merge with no
success I do not think that this is a contributory factor to my original
problem of Mail Merge.
Whether starting the Mail Merge process from OL or Word it makes no
difference. I cannot get past Step 2 in the merge. This is where you tell
Word to use the Contacts folder in OL as your source of data. With Word I get
one type of error message. With OL I get another. In one it is setting Ol as
the default mail client which I tried as per your suggestion. With the other
it says it cannot find a SCHDMAPI file. The latest is that "dlink properties"
popup that seems to want to find an Access file.
I have tried every option on the data source with no success. Word doesn't
seem to want to or can't access the contacts folder as the source of data for
making mailing labels.

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> You'd better provide some detail here. Since when is a reg hack necessary to
> configure the Outlook Address Book?
> Did you follow the directions?
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "VinceMalin" <VinceMalin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Well I though that I did. I had made a change in the registry to
> > accomplish
> > that but it didn't seem to work. I changed it back and tried again with no
> > success - Word now takes me to "dlink properties".
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> Do you have your Outlook Address Book configured to connect to your
> >> Contacts
> >> folder?
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]
> >> "VinceMalin" <VinceMalin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Sharing your Outlook Contacts Folder with OE is not in play here and is
inadvisable if you are trying to do a mail merge. OE must be out of the
picture entirely. You must have Outlook set up as both your default mail
program and default Contacts manager. You must have the Outlook Address Book
configured correctly and connected to the Outlook Contacts Folder where all
your addresses reside.
--
>I have OE6 and OL2003. My understanding is that sharing the Contacts folder
> of OL2003 with the Address Book of OE6 is not supported. I found a link
> that
> explained how to accomplish this through a change in the registry which I
> did.
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER
>   Software
>     Microsoft
>       WAB
>         WAB4
> It has you add a new DWORD value named UseOutlook and modify its value to
> "1".
> This supposedly enables sharing by not allowing OE to use the *.wab.
> That said since I tried deleting that DWORD and retried Mail Merge with no
> success I do not think that this is a contributory factor to my original
> problem of Mail Merge.
> Whether starting the Mail Merge process from OL or Word it makes no
> difference. I cannot get past Step 2 in the merge. This is where you tell
> Word to use the Contacts folder in OL as your source of data. With Word I
> get
> one type of error message. With OL I get another. In one it is setting Ol
> as
> the default mail client which I tried as per your suggestion. With the
> other
> it says it cannot find a SCHDMAPI file. The latest is that "dlink
> properties"
> popup that seems to want to find an Access file.
> I have tried every option on the data source with no success. Word doesn't
> seem to want to or can't access the contacts folder as the source of data
> for
> making mailing labels.
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> You'd better provide some detail here. Since when is a reg hack necessary
>> configure the Outlook Address Book?
>> Did you follow the directions?
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "VinceMalin" <VinceMalin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Well I though that I did. I had made a change in the registry to
>> > accomplish
>> > that but it didn't seem to work. I changed it back and tried again with
>> > no
>> > success - Word now takes me to "dlink properties".

0
russval (3097)
11/4/2004 9:24:09 PM
Well I have tried reconfiguring OL as default mail program and unlinking OL
and OE. But it still gives me error messages when I get to Step 2: If I start
from OL and it takes me to Word at step 2 I get "required file SCHDMAPI.DLL
could not be located check your email installation and reinstall Word if
necessary" and if I start from Word and direct it to OL at Step 2 it reads
"There is no default mail client or current client cannot fulfill nessage
requirement. Run OL and set it as default mail clieent". This all occurs
after setting OL as default mail clent and even rebooting. As I said I am
stuck at Step 2.
vince

Run Detect and Repair
--
> [...]
>> > Whether starting the Mail Merge process from OL or Word it makes no
>> > difference. I cannot get past Step 2 in the merge. This is where you
>> > tell
>> > Word to use the Contacts folder in OL as your source of data. With Word
>> > get
>> > one type of error message. With OL I get another. In one it is setting
>> > Ol
>> > as
>> > the default mail client which I tried as per your suggestion. With the
>> > other
>> > it says it cannot find a SCHDMAPI file. The latest is that "dlink
>> > properties"
>> > popup that seems to want to find an Access file.
>> > I have tried every option on the data source with no success. Word
>> > doesn't
>> > seem to want to or can't access the contacts folder as the source of

0
russval (3097)
11/9/2004 1:36:50 AM
More information here:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q290/7/21.asp

--
> [...]
>> > Whether starting the Mail Merge process from OL or Word it makes no
>> > difference. I cannot get past Step 2 in the merge. This is where you
>> > tell
>> > Word to use the Contacts folder in OL as your source of data. With Word
>> > get
>> > one type of error message. With OL I get another. In one it is setting
>> > Ol
>> > as
>> > the default mail client which I tried as per your suggestion. With the
>> > other
>> > it says it cannot find a SCHDMAPI file. The latest is that "dlink
>> > properties"
>> > popup that seems to want to find an Access file.
>> > I have tried every option on the data source with no success. Word
>> > doesn't
>> > seem to want to or can't access the contacts folder as the source of

0
russval (3097)
11/9/2004 1:38:40 AM
Still no luck. I looked for the schdmapi.dll file and none came up. I then
ran the repair and retried mail merge. Same error mesage. I don't know if
this means anything but I imported this address file as a csv file from an
earlier version of OL on an old computer. Any other ideas? I am using OE6 and
OL2003.

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> More information here:
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q290/7/21.asp
>

> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "VinceMalin" <VinceMalin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Well I have tried reconfiguring OL as default mail program and unlinking
> > OL
> > and OE. But it still gives me error messages when I get to Step 2: If I
> > start
> > from OL and it takes me to Word at step 2 I get "required file
> > SCHDMAPI.DLL
> > could not be located check your email installation and reinstall Word if
> > necessary" and if I start from Word and direct it to OL at Step 2 it reads
> > "There is no default mail client or current client cannot fulfill nessage
> > requirement. Run OL and set it as default mail clieent". This all occurs
> > after setting OL as default mail clent and even rebooting. As I said I am
> > stuck at Step 2.
> > vince
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> Sharing your Outlook Contacts Folder with OE is not in play here and is
> >> inadvisable if you are trying to do a mail merge. OE must be out of the
> >> picture entirely. You must have Outlook set up as both your default mail
> >> program and default Contacts manager. You must have the Outlook Address
> >> Book
> >> configured correctly and connected to the Outlook Contacts Folder where
> >> all
> >> your addresses reside.
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]
> >> "VinceMalin" <VinceMalin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

I quit.
If I had other ideas I would have posted them long before now.

--
> Still no luck. I looked for the schdmapi.dll file and none came up. I then
> ran the repair and retried mail merge. Same error mesage. I don't know if
> this means anything but I imported this address file as a csv file from an
> earlier version of OL on an old computer. Any other ideas? I am using OE6
> and
> OL2003.
>

> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> More information here:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q290/7/21.asp
>>

>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "VinceMalin" <VinceMalin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Well I have tried reconfiguring OL as default mail program and
>> > unlinking
>> > OL
>> > and OE. But it still gives me error messages when I get to Step 2: If I
>> > start
>> > from OL and it takes me to Word at step 2 I get "required file
>> > SCHDMAPI.DLL
>> > could not be located check your email installation and reinstall Word
>> > if
>> > necessary" and if I start from Word and direct it to OL at Step 2 it
>> > reads
>> > "There is no default mail client or current client cannot fulfill
>> > nessage
>> > requirement. Run OL and set it as default mail clieent". This all
>> > occurs
>> > after setting OL as default mail clent and even rebooting. As I said I
>> > am
>> > stuck at Step 2.
>> > vince

0
russval (3097)
11/12/2004 2:57:58 AM
Thanks for trying.
Vince

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> I quit.
> If I had other ideas I would have posted them long before now.
>
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "VinceMalin" <VinceMalin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Still no luck. I looked for the schdmapi.dll file and none came up. I then
> > ran the repair and retried mail merge. Same error mesage. I don't know if
> > this means anything but I imported this address file as a csv file from an
> > earlier version of OL on an old computer. Any other ideas? I am using OE6
> > and
> > OL2003.
> >

> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> More information here:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q290/7/21.asp
> >>

> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]
> >> "VinceMalin" <VinceMalin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Let me know if you find anything. This has been a common error with earlier
versions of Outlook and I don't understand why the solutions for those no
longer apply.
--
> Thanks for trying.
> Vince
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> I quit.
>> If I had other ideas I would have posted them long before now.
>>
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "VinceMalin" <VinceMalin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Still no luck. I looked for the schdmapi.dll file and none came up. I
>> > then
>> > ran the repair and retried mail merge. Same error mesage. I don't know
>> > if
>> > this means anything but I imported this address file as a csv file from
>> > an
>> > earlier version of OL on an old computer. Any other ideas? I am using
>> > OE6
>> > and
>> > OL2003.

0
russval (3097)
11/12/2004 10:32:13 PM
Well after trial and error I finally was able to complete a merge. I exported
the contacts file to an Excel file and did the merge through Word using that
file. It is a little tedious but it accomplished what I needed to do.
Vince

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Let me know if you find anything. This has been a common error with earlier
> versions of Outlook and I don't understand why the solutions for those no
> longer apply.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "VinceMalin" <VinceMalin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for trying.
> > Vince
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> I quit.
> >> If I had other ideas I would have posted them long before now.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]
> >> "VinceMalin" <VinceMalin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

background 02-21-10
I have an image with a white background. Can I delete the background or at l;east make it transparent? If you can right-click and upgroup, it is possible the background is a separate object and you can then delete it. However, if is a jpeg, bmp, gif, or some other raster graphic, you would need to use a separate editing program. Without more information (like the file type), it's hard to give much more specific help -- Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen." Homer: "Well good riddance, their drawings sucked and they all looked like hippi...

re-downloading mail on Outlook 2003
I just upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2003. Using Outlook 97, my wife and I were able to use different computers but share one email account. The same mail was downloaded to each PC one time. Now, the same mail gets downloaded over and over again on each PC. I obviously can choose to delete the mail from the server so that it only gets read once, but then the second PC will never see it. How can I get the same behavior from Outlook 2003 that I used to have? Reading 500 messages every 10 minutes makes the upgrade really unusable. Try creating a new mail profile on each comput...

How do you a mail message to everyone in your mail database
How do you sending a mail message to everyone is your mail database? I have switched internet dial-up links and need to send a message to everyone. -- Michael Felix felix@attglobal.net You can select all items in your Contacts folder (assuming they all have valid e-mail addresses -- if not, set a filter first so that only those with valid e-mail addresses are showing) and then click Actions | New message to contact. Of course, if you have a lot of contacts, your ISP may balk at sending to so many at once -- if so, you'll have to break up the list somehow. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP -...

OL2003 unable to send mail
Hi In OL2003 when I try to send email I get; 'Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: .... None of your email accounts could send to this recipient.' The pc is connected to the internet via a router. Other pcs connected to the router can send mail fine. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards Do you require authentication to send email? check with your provider. "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23AzlAxUQFHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi ...

Safe sendershould not go to junk mail
Hi, I have an web application sends email, I found outlook 2003 puts the emails to the junk mail folder if multiple emails were sent within a short period of time, about 1 minute. The initial one was ok went to inbox, while the followings went to junk mail. but if the gap between multiple emails sent time was longer, the problem went away. (each one went to inbox). This only happened for outlook 2003, not for outlook xp. The sender address is in the global address list, with the same domain with all my users. (so I think it qualified as safe sender.) Question: How can I turn off this filt...

multiple e-mails
Usin' Outlook or Outlook Express, for some reason I keep gettin' repeat emails. Somebody can send me one and I get the same message two or three times! What can I do, if anything, to cure this problem? Anybody had the same problem? Please don't tell me I'm the only one that has had this problem... Rayce texican@coastaccess.com ...

roadwarrior + principal + multigig e-mail + psts = ???
hi all, here's the deal. we have a principal who travels all the time. she gets an insane amount of legit e-mail with small to large attachments (we cap it at 15 MB, 5 MB is fairly common). her mailbox is capped at 700 MB. this is not enough. we have to archive for her every other month. she has almost 2GBs of PST archives on the network. she wants to have access to them all the time. so we have set up offline files to sync the pst folder. ick. sometimes she'll actually edit the psts on the road and when she gets back she's asked to choose between the network version and her loca...

mails are not going out side of my domain
hi , i have an exchange 2003 (sp1) with windows server 2003(sp1) i have an smtp filter for exchange which filters the mails coming in my exchange server , the scenario is like that , first i have an router then pix firewall and then smtp filter then my exchange comes ,he domain controller and exchnage are on same machine. today i am getting a problem is that the mails from hotmail and yahoo are coming to my exchange but the mails from my exchange are not going outside ,the error i am getting is given below. "Your message with Subject: hi test mail could not be delivered to the fo...

e-mail #17
Microsoft Outlook does not respond to making it my default for e-mail. I have checked all that I know how to. It is checked as my default under "Other" Tab but it continues to send my e-mail to Outlook Express. Why? What am I doing wrong? Orville Cruea <ocruea@columbus.rr.com> wrote: > Microsoft Outlook does not respond to making it my > default for e-mail. I have checked all that I know how > to. It is checked as my default under "Other" Tab but it > continues to send my e-mail to Outlook Express. Why? What > am I doing wrong? What you are doi...

Outlook 2000 #10
Whenever I start outlook on a win98 machine it goes to whatever startin box I define that is fine. here is the problem Outlook will just hang for about five minutes. If I then go to task manager its says not responding. But will start after awhile. ...

Counts for Mail Folders #2
I'd like to have the total number of messages in all the folders and subfolders of my mailbox to appear on the status bar. I don't think that's possible "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21235507-8D1A-49F6-8ACA-AEFF12922B79@microsoft.com... > I'd like to have the total number of messages in all the folders and > subfolders of my mailbox to appear on the status bar. ...

Importing old MS Mail folders
I need to import the shared folders and global address book from an old MS Mail postoffice. I have seen some discussions concerning migrating mailboxes but very little at that. Can anyone point me in the right direction? THanx! ...

repititive e-mails
Outlook 2002 in Office XP When sending, the mail does not leave the outbox and sends over and over again, never making it to the sent items folder. The recipients are getting it multiple times. How to fix? ...

Unable to send e-mails, but can receive e-mail.
I have re-installed Windows Outlook 2000 but now I can not receive e-mails. My network configuration is correct. My IP address and server are correctly labeled, but I still can not receive e-mail. Everyone on the server are not having any problems. What should I do? Hi - which is it you're having a problem with? Your subject line & message content are contradictory... Are you connecting to an Exchange server? What kind of mail account are you having problems with? What errors do you get? GJimenez wrote: > I have re-installed Windows Outlook 2000 but now I can not > receive...

Mail receiveing but not sending
Since setting up my mail to use SMTP instead of pop3 I can recieve mail fine but when I send mail it goes but doesn't turn up at the other end! I used the ICW in sbs 2003 to configure it. I've checked the queues on the exchange server but there all empty. My exchange Small Business SMTP connector Properties are set to forward all mail through a smart host. currently smtp.ozemail.com.au!! Not sure why this is happening! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Any help from SBS newsgroup? John wrote: > Since setting up my mail to use SMTP instead of pop3 I can > recie...

Incoming mail server changes to "localhost" after windows is restarting
hi... this is the problem i am facing...can anyone help me "Incoming mail server changes to "localhost" after windows is restarting" pls reply in vijai@fourdtech.co.in" Thanks & Regards Vijay The most likely reason is that you have an antivirus solution installed that can scan e-mail as it is downloaded. You would need to disable the scanning of e-mail to get what you describe to stop. "vijai@fourdtech.co.in" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:146d01c4a20a$b5ca8e60$a301280a@phx.gbl... > hi... > > this is ...

Replicate mail boxes?
is it possable to replicate mail boxes? I would like to do this while we migrate fully over to our new server? What are you trying to accomplish? replicate Stores? At byte and block levels using 3rd party products like NSI, or from storage vendors like NetApp (SnapMirror) and EMC. Exchange 12 is reported to have log shipping. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:e$ZlNv66FHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > is it possable to replicate mail...

change mail format for contacts
For the iphone, attachments come over as winmail.dat and the solution is to change the mail format in options, mail format to HTML. Also the individual contacts needs to be changed by double clicking the email address and changing the internet format to Send Plain Text only. After these changes are made, the attachments come over fine. I have had problems with this issue with some contact before. I would love to be able to make this change globally instead of having to edit all contacts. Can this be done. It can be done with some VBA code, which you'll find here: ht...

Mailing in a test enviornment
I have a CRM ans SQL server configure on a single machine and the Domain controleer along with exchange Server on a seperate machine. Till some time back Mails could be sent via CRM and they could be seen in the history tab. Suddenly when i try to send mails vai CRM, it gives me the following error: Unexpected Error for more information contact your system administrator. I have checked all the necessary services required for the excahnge enviornment. The exchange router has been reinstalled as well. Still cannot figure out why I am getting this error. Thank for your help in advance Jus...

delete blocked senders messages on receipt why junk mail them?
Why is it that after going to all the trouble of putting people onto a blocked senders list the filter still puts their messages into the junk mail folder for you to delete them? Or am I understanding the training wrong? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane....

cannot receive mail, delete mail, or send mail. get an error message.
Now I know why I switch between Outlook Express and Outlook: Both cease to function at one point in time. In Outlook 2000, I cannot receive mail; I cannot delete mail; I cannot use the calendar function. Here are the messages: When I click receive mail, I get: C:Windows\ApplicationData\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst could not be accessed.access denied. and: (Account:'incoming.verizon.net',PPO3server:'incoming.verizo n.net',error number:0x800040116). I cannot delete. I get the following message:C:Windows\ApplicationData\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook ..pst could not be accessed...

Since Upgrade to 10.1.4, unable to open Visual Basic Editor
Hi! Since upgrading OfficeX to v.10.1.4, I keep getting the standard VBE error: "VBC could not be opened, etc: � not enough free memory � file may have been deleted or moved �VBE is not installed. Obviously this isn't a memory issue, and VBE is installed. Any suggestions? Peter Hi Peter, Try using Disk Utility First Aid to repair permissions on the affected startup disk. -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread. Thanks. About Microsoft MVPs: http://www.mvps.org/ Search for help with the free Google search Excel add-in: <htt...

Not able to send or receive with windows mail.
I have set up windows mail but are not able to send or recveive mail i have this error msg come up was wondering if someone might have some ideas on how i fix this prob. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'yahoo.com.au', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Thanks "Travnikk" <Travnikk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D31924D-1B29-49C6-AB8...

Incoming E-Mail
Good morning: If I send an e-mail from CRM, and the client responds, the e-mail ends up in my Outlook--not in CRM. Nor does a copy of the e-mail response end up in CRM. I have to tell the program "Track in CRM" even though it was sent from there originally. Is this by design or have I missed a mail routing rule/configuration setting? Thanks Hi Dave, If you look in closed activities, do you see the replied email? I seems to me that the exchange router simply creates a forwarding rule for the iser (the one sending and receiving email) that forwards incoming email with the...

Mails disappearing.
I tried to move a mail to a folder using "Right Click > Move to folder > OK" without selecting any folders. The default selection was "Personal Folder". Noted that this mail had moved from the inbox. But no idea where the mail has gone. Please help to find those mails. Best Regards Same. Then they are probably in the Outlook Today folder. See here how you can retrieve them; www.howto-outlook.com/faq/mailoutlooktoday.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office XP CD slip...