Mail folder fonts for received email

In Outlook 2003, is there a way to globally change the font for all received
emails listings, not the font of the message?  I know how to change them
individually under VIEW, ARRANGE BY, CUSTOM and then change the fonts under
OTHER SETTINGS and AUTOMATIC FORMATTING.  When I make a change, it only
affects one folder, not all the others.  Should this be changing all, not
just the current one?

--
Neil

Create a custom view with your preferred font settings, and make it available
to all mail folders.  Then when you go to each folder, set that view.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

"Neil" wrote:

> In Outlook 2003, is there a way to globally change the font for all received
> emails listings, not the font of the message?  I know how to change them
> individually under VIEW, ARRANGE BY, CUSTOM and then change the fonts under
> OTHER SETTINGS and AUTOMATIC FORMATTING.  When I make a change, it only
> affects one folder, not all the others.  Should this be changing all, not
> just the current one?
>
> --
> Neil

Thanks, ... I can use this.  It'll help (My high pixil setting makes
everything in Outlook rather small even with the other tools).
:)
gil

<JocelynFiorelloMVPOutlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Create a custom view with your preferred font settings, and make it
> available
> to all mail folders.  Then when you go to each folder, set that view.
>
> --
> Jocelyn Fiorello
> MVP - Outlook
>
> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
> reply
> only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>

> "Neil" wrote:
>
>> In Outlook 2003, is there a way to globally change the font for all
>> received
>> emails listings, not the font of the message?  I know how to change them
>> individually under VIEW, ARRANGE BY, CUSTOM and then change the fonts
>> under
>> OTHER SETTINGS and AUTOMATIC FORMATTING.  When I make a change, it only
>> affects one folder, not all the others.  Should this be changing all, not
>> just the current one?
>>
>> --
>> Neil

0
gil400 (11)
9/4/2005 3:04:48 AM
you may find it's easier to reset the default view (Messages) and customize
that view -
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"gils usenet acct" <gil400@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Thanks, ... I can use this.  It'll help (My high pixil setting makes
> everything in Outlook rather small even with the other tools).
> :)
> gil
>

> "Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]"
> <JocelynFiorelloMVPOutlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Create a custom view with your preferred font settings, and make it
>> available
>> to all mail folders.  Then when you go to each folder, set that view.
>>
>> --
>> Jocelyn Fiorello
>> MVP - Outlook
>>
>> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
>> reply
>> only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>>

>> "Neil" wrote:
>>
>>> In Outlook 2003, is there a way to globally change the font for all
>>> received
>>> emails listings, not the font of the message?  I know how to change them
>>> individually under VIEW, ARRANGE BY, CUSTOM and then change the fonts
>>> under
>>> OTHER SETTINGS and AUTOMATIC FORMATTING.  When I make a change, it only
>>> affects one folder, not all the others.  Should this be changing all,
>>> not
>>> just the current one?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Neil

0
msnews1660 (730)
9/4/2005 1:33:54 PM
Thanks, ... I'll keep it in mind ... and if it's not working reasonably,
I'll try it.  :)
gil

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <diane.poremsky+msnews@gmail.com> wrote in message
> you may find it's easier to reset the default view (Messages) and
> customize that view -
> http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> "gils usenet acct" <gil400@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> Thanks, ... I can use this.  It'll help (My high pixil setting makes
>> everything in Outlook rather small even with the other tools).
>> :)
>> gil
>>

>> "Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]"
>> <JocelynFiorelloMVPOutlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Create a custom view with your preferred font settings, and make it
>>> available
>>> to all mail folders.  Then when you go to each folder, set that view.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jocelyn Fiorello
>>> MVP - Outlook
>>>
>>> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
>>> reply
>>> only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

0
gil400 (11)

re-downloading mail on Outlook 2003
I just upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2003. Using Outlook 97, my wife and I were able to use different computers but share one email account. The same mail was downloaded to each PC one time. Now, the same mail gets downloaded over and over again on each PC. I obviously can choose to delete the mail from the server so that it only gets read once, but then the second PC will never see it. How can I get the same behavior from Outlook 2003 that I used to have? Reading 500 messages every 10 minutes makes the upgrade really unusable. Try creating a new mail profile on each comput...

outlook not sending/receiving at startup
hello, When I open Outlook (2003), it does not automatically send and receive email. I have to manually enter "Send/Receive". Please help... I've tried everything. Thank you. You need to set an automatic polling interval in Send/Receive groups. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:397101c3e362$8ed28f90$a101280a@phx.gbl... > hello, > When I open Outlook (2003), it does not automatically send > and receive email. I have to manually > enter "Send/Receive". Please help... I've tried everything....

How do you a mail message to everyone in your mail database
How do you sending a mail message to everyone is your mail database? I have switched internet dial-up links and need to send a message to everyone. -- Michael Felix felix@attglobal.net You can select all items in your Contacts folder (assuming they all have valid e-mail addresses -- if not, set a filter first so that only those with valid e-mail addresses are showing) and then click Actions | New message to contact. Of course, if you have a lot of contacts, your ISP may balk at sending to so many at once -- if so, you'll have to break up the list somehow. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP -...

create email newsletter with pictures and hyperlinks using publis
I want to create an email newsletter in publisher that will contain pictures and hyperlinks. Basically, I can do this right in my yahoo email but I can't get the fancy formats like those in publisher. What type of file should I save it as and then how do link it to the email. I've tried doing this several ways including saving it as a webpage or jpg file, publishing the page, and then copying it to the email text --- but that didn't work. What am I doing wrong here? "John Downing" <JohnDowning@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49470DF6-A4...

OL2003 unable to send mail
Hi In OL2003 when I try to send email I get; 'Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: .... None of your email accounts could send to this recipient.' The pc is connected to the internet via a router. Other pcs connected to the router can send mail fine. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards Do you require authentication to send email? check with your provider. "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23AzlAxUQFHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi ...

We should be able to enter an Intercompany receiving transaction.
Inter-company transactions cannot be processed in the receiving transaction entry screen. These transactions should behave similarly to payables transactions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGro...

Safe sendershould not go to junk mail
Hi, I have an web application sends email, I found outlook 2003 puts the emails to the junk mail folder if multiple emails were sent within a short period of time, about 1 minute. The initial one was ok went to inbox, while the followings went to junk mail. but if the gap between multiple emails sent time was longer, the problem went away. (each one went to inbox). This only happened for outlook 2003, not for outlook xp. The sender address is in the global address list, with the same domain with all my users. (so I think it qualified as safe sender.) Question: How can I turn off this filt...

multiple e-mails
Usin' Outlook or Outlook Express, for some reason I keep gettin' repeat emails. Somebody can send me one and I get the same message two or three times! What can I do, if anything, to cure this problem? Anybody had the same problem? Please don't tell me I'm the only one that has had this problem... Rayce texican@coastaccess.com ...

roadwarrior + principal + multigig e-mail + psts = ???
hi all, here's the deal. we have a principal who travels all the time. she gets an insane amount of legit e-mail with small to large attachments (we cap it at 15 MB, 5 MB is fairly common). her mailbox is capped at 700 MB. this is not enough. we have to archive for her every other month. she has almost 2GBs of PST archives on the network. she wants to have access to them all the time. so we have set up offline files to sync the pst folder. ick. sometimes she'll actually edit the psts on the road and when she gets back she's asked to choose between the network version and her loca...

e-mail #17
Microsoft Outlook does not respond to making it my default for e-mail. I have checked all that I know how to. It is checked as my default under "Other" Tab but it continues to send my e-mail to Outlook Express. Why? What am I doing wrong? Orville Cruea <ocruea@columbus.rr.com> wrote: > Microsoft Outlook does not respond to making it my > default for e-mail. I have checked all that I know how > to. It is checked as my default under "Other" Tab but it > continues to send my e-mail to Outlook Express. Why? What > am I doing wrong? What you are doi...

mails are not going out side of my domain
hi , i have an exchange 2003 (sp1) with windows server 2003(sp1) i have an smtp filter for exchange which filters the mails coming in my exchange server , the scenario is like that , first i have an router then pix firewall and then smtp filter then my exchange comes ,he domain controller and exchnage are on same machine. today i am getting a problem is that the mails from hotmail and yahoo are coming to my exchange but the mails from my exchange are not going outside ,the error i am getting is given below. "Your message with Subject: hi test mail could not be delivered to the fo...

Folder Permission behaviour in W2008
I need a help with NTFS folder permission behaviour. My file server is W2008 SP2. In folder structure exists some folder where is local Admin Group owner, but don´t have any permission. Acces in this folder have only special group. If some of local admins try to access this folder, appears window with information: "You don´t currently have permission to access this folder" "Click Continue to permanently get access to this folder" After using continue button user obtain all rights and inheritance is On. So only one button will add rights to next ...

Importing old MS Mail folders
I need to import the shared folders and global address book from an old MS Mail postoffice. I have seen some discussions concerning migrating mailboxes but very little at that. Can anyone point me in the right direction? THanx! ...

Counts for Mail Folders #2
I'd like to have the total number of messages in all the folders and subfolders of my mailbox to appear on the status bar. I don't think that's possible "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21235507-8D1A-49F6-8ACA-AEFF12922B79@microsoft.com... > I'd like to have the total number of messages in all the folders and > subfolders of my mailbox to appear on the status bar. ...

Automatic Receipt of email when Outlook is opened
I am having to select Send/Receive to get email and I think there is a way for email to automatically come into Outlook from the server without that selection. This is a home computer running XP Pro on a Cable Modem. It is possible to set this up. Here is a link to an article that should walk you through the steps to make this happen, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;829168. I hope this helps resolve your issue. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Setup Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications ------------------...

Exchange: Internal domain email address for external internet based email accounts
Hi, Management want to arrange it that affiliated individuals can have an email address alias from our domain, that will automatically be forwarded on to their internet based email accounts (hotmail, yahoo mail etc). I know I can do this by creating user accounts with mailboxes and then setting a forward to a contact containing their internet based email addresses, but this seems rather inefficient - there is no need for their mails to accumulate on mailboxes on our email servers. Is there a better solution, where outside users can email to an address that looks like it sits on our domain, bu...

repititive e-mails
Outlook 2002 in Office XP When sending, the mail does not leave the outbox and sends over and over again, never making it to the sent items folder. The recipients are getting it multiple times. How to fix? ...

Mail receiveing but not sending
Since setting up my mail to use SMTP instead of pop3 I can recieve mail fine but when I send mail it goes but doesn't turn up at the other end! I used the ICW in sbs 2003 to configure it. I've checked the queues on the exchange server but there all empty. My exchange Small Business SMTP connector Properties are set to forward all mail through a smart host. currently smtp.ozemail.com.au!! Not sure why this is happening! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Any help from SBS newsgroup? John wrote: > Since setting up my mail to use SMTP instead of pop3 I can > recie...

Unable to send e-mails, but can receive e-mail.
I have re-installed Windows Outlook 2000 but now I can not receive e-mails. My network configuration is correct. My IP address and server are correctly labeled, but I still can not receive e-mail. Everyone on the server are not having any problems. What should I do? Hi - which is it you're having a problem with? Your subject line & message content are contradictory... Are you connecting to an Exchange server? What kind of mail account are you having problems with? What errors do you get? GJimenez wrote: > I have re-installed Windows Outlook 2000 but now I can not > receive...

Fonts being corrupted
Situation: Restart computer and open Word, Excel, Power Point - no problems. Quit MS Stuff - all office 2004 Open Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop. Go back and open Word, Excel, Power Point - at the optimizing font part of the startup, it pops up a dialog box something about corrupted fonts. Several fonts are said to be corrupted. Restart and all works fine. Run updates from MS website - 11.1.0 Dumped prefs in ~/library/prefs/microsoft Restarting fixes the font problems and it works fine until we opening Adobe stuff. Brian ...

Replicate mail boxes?
is it possable to replicate mail boxes? I would like to do this while we migrate fully over to our new server? What are you trying to accomplish? replicate Stores? At byte and block levels using 3rd party products like NSI, or from storage vendors like NetApp (SnapMirror) and EMC. Exchange 12 is reported to have log shipping. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:e$ZlNv66FHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > is it possable to replicate mail...

Incoming mail server changes to "localhost" after windows is restarting
hi... this is the problem i am facing...can anyone help me "Incoming mail server changes to "localhost" after windows is restarting" pls reply in vijai@fourdtech.co.in" Thanks & Regards Vijay The most likely reason is that you have an antivirus solution installed that can scan e-mail as it is downloaded. You would need to disable the scanning of e-mail to get what you describe to stop. "vijai@fourdtech.co.in" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:146d01c4a20a$b5ca8e60$a301280a@phx.gbl... > hi... > > this is ...

delete blocked senders messages on receipt why junk mail them?
Why is it that after going to all the trouble of putting people onto a blocked senders list the filter still puts their messages into the junk mail folder for you to delete them? Or am I understanding the training wrong? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane....

Mailing in a test enviornment
I have a CRM ans SQL server configure on a single machine and the Domain controleer along with exchange Server on a seperate machine. Till some time back Mails could be sent via CRM and they could be seen in the history tab. Suddenly when i try to send mails vai CRM, it gives me the following error: Unexpected Error for more information contact your system administrator. I have checked all the necessary services required for the excahnge enviornment. The exchange router has been reinstalled as well. Still cannot figure out why I am getting this error. Thank for your help in advance Jus...

change mail format for contacts
For the iphone, attachments come over as winmail.dat and the solution is to change the mail format in options, mail format to HTML. Also the individual contacts needs to be changed by double clicking the email address and changing the internet format to Send Plain Text only. After these changes are made, the attachments come over fine. I have had problems with this issue with some contact before. I would love to be able to make this change globally instead of having to edit all contacts. Can this be done. It can be done with some VBA code, which you'll find here: ht...