LPAD Directory

I just upgraded from Outlook 2000 to 2002 and the LPAD
Directory with user name/password comes up and user name
says Null. Why does this do this. I have been pressing
cancel.

I have received but am having trouble sending mail.

Any ideas how to bypass the LPAD thing.
0
heideloff (1)

Are you using an LDAP directory for address lookup?

If not, then use the Tools-Email accounts-Directories-View or Change to
delete this option.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
reading.

heideloff@hotmail.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked:

| I just upgraded from Outlook 2000 to 2002 and the LPAD
| Directory with user name/password comes up and user name
| says Null. Why does this do this. I have been pressing
| cancel.
|
| I have received but am having trouble sending mail.
|
| Any ideas how to bypass the LPAD thing.

0
MillyS1 (1480)

Parsing directories
Thank you to all who helped with the "Select Directory" dialog. I'm now faced with a new problem that I should have forseen. How do I get all of the file names in this directory (where the path is represented as a CString)? Sorry if this isn't an MFC question. Thanks, -Mike- Look at the splitpath function. AliR. "Debaser" <guest@unknown.com> wrote in message news:hg9k11h2r2fv64rrsfghp1f40vm6al0cb5@4ax.com... > Thank you to all who helped with the "Select Directory" dialog. I'm > now faced with a new problem that I should have forseen. ...

Global Address Book as a Company Directory
My users are screaming for a company directory (name, location, phones, manager, reports to, etc). When viewing the Global Address Book there is no way to get anything meaningful from this list. You cannot sort, and by default it is displayed by name. What can I do to make the data from the Global Address Book have a more meaningful and useful purpose? And please don't point me to SharePoint, we've tried it and well ... let's just not go there. You will need to evaluate the 3rd party app space......see http://www.webactivedirectory.com/ for one possibility. "ia...

Messages awaiting directory lookup
Hi PLEASE assit. We are running a mixed 2003 and 2000 domain and exchange environment. I have two DC's per site, and one GC per site, all are operational and are working. However, messages are queuing in the "awaiting directory lookup" queue in exchange. I ahve rebuilt the GC, the DNS is responding correctly, but this is happening and there is nothing else in the eventlog. All SP's and hotfixes have been applied... Please assist http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-%20us;823489&Product=exch2k On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 03:59:15 -0700, "scott" &...

Application Directory (Proj Directory)
NOBODY posted a link to an FTP example that I'm currently looking at. This is it: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/175179/EN-US/ The file to download and extract files from is VBFTP.exe. I extracted these files into a folder called VBFTP. I then opened the project from within that directory and attempted to run the program. It comes up with an error '53' that 'open.bmp' cannot be found. When I look in the directory, it is right there. The code is below. It stops at... Set imgI = ImageList1.ListImages.Add(, "open", LoadPicture("open...

Unable to obtain DNS hostname of Active Directory domain controlle
Hi , I am trying to use deployment Manager to upgrade trial license but whenever i am running Deployment Manager i get error Unable to obtain DNS hostname of Active Directory domain controller, I am using Full Domain Admin right for CRM Admin user, i done repair install without any issue but still having the same error, CRM server and SQL databases are install on the same server. There is no firewall installed. The server details are the following, Server = 2003 R2 SQL 2005 with SP2 CRM Server 4 Thanks Shakil Error on Deployment Manager. Server stack trace: at System.Directory...

Active Directory problems
I tried to create a new user for a new member of staff and up until now it has been fine but now I create the account using active directories and users but when I login to set this new users outlook it cannot find the name and it looks like it has not created it at all but when creating this user it said it would also create an exchange mailbox but it didn't. PLEASE HELP!!! See if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297801/en-us Nue "hannab2005" <hannab2005@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:600BAAAF-CF9B-4E77-A459-87D1BCDC8D92@microsoft.co...

LPAD Directory
I just upgraded from Outlook 2000 to 2002 and the LPAD Directory with user name/password comes up and user name says Null. Why does this do this. I have been pressing cancel. I have received but am having trouble sending mail. Any ideas how to bypass the LPAD thing. Are you using an LDAP directory for address lookup? If not, then use the Tools-Email accounts-Directories-View or Change to delete this option. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out r...

Toubles with installing Security Groups for Active Directory
I have tried to run through the setup installation for CRM 3.0 on our Windows 2003 server, which hosts our Domain Controller. I am logged in as a Domain Administrator. I get an error during the prerequite setup, explaining that the security groups do not exist or have not be created. I thought that the setup would create the security groups. I have tried everything and don't know where I am going wrong. I have looked at article number 908984, and have tried to create a new config_precreate.xml file to work off and have even created the security groups at the root level of our a...

Using Reporting Services with Active Directory
Does anyone have a link to a good document that explains how to do this? I can seem to find one. thanks OriginalStealth Can you explain what are you trying to achive? "OriginalStealth" <OriginalStealth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:512AC6B9-8FBC-42AC-A57D-94071C1AAED9@microsoft.com... > Does anyone have a link to a good document that explains how to do this? > I > can seem to find one. > > thanks ...

Expandind Directories
Hi All, Sorry if this is simple or has been discused many times before, but I have searched Hi and Low for an answer to this. Problem is that I now use Outlook 2002, but did use a previous version. I do not know which because it is all wiped away. In the previous vewrsion, there was somewhere a checkbox that you could set that caused outlook to expand a directory tree if it moved a new email to a subdirectory of the main directory, as a result of applying a rule. So let's say I make a directory inside my Inbox, called 'Friends', and inside that I create directories for all my ...

LPAD Directory #2
When I open Outlook 2003, I get the following dialog box: ---------------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft LPAD Directory ---------------------------------------------------------------- I have to click Cancel or Ok to open Outlook. Am on a DSL connection so always connected to net. -- Thanks..........Bill Reply to NG only please And your question would be...? Assuming tat you don't actually want to use an LDAP service and want to remove it from your profile go to; Control Panel-> Mail-> button E-mail Accounts select the 4th option-> Next and ...

Exchange 2003 and Active Directory mailbox owner
Situation: Active Directory 2003 Exchange 2003 Users have been migrated using ADMT from NT to 2003 and associated mailboxes are 99.9% correctly associated with the correct AD ID But in Active Directory U and C Userid A has a mailbox associated with it but that mailbox belongs to Userid B. what is the simplest (or correct) way to get the mailbox associated with Userid B. so that when I look at ADU&C the exhange mailbox store has a mailbox listed for User B. Any help would be appreciated are you completely migrated to 2003? I would just make certain that you have mailbox retention conf...

Trouble with LDAP & Active Directory- does it even work?
I've been trying to make a connection between Outlook 2002, and our Active Directory (win2k3). have ldap server set to our DC, no auth, and the dc=mydomain,dc=org, etc... tried many variations of this. Is there a catch? [Follow-ups to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts] KB wrote: > I've been trying to make a connection between Outlook 2002, and our > Active Directory (win2k3). > > have ldap server set to our DC, no auth, and the dc=mydomain,dc=org, > etc... tried many variations of this. I've tried to set up an LDAP server (my university's) according to di...

FolderBrowserDialog does not display the directory structure.
I am using Microsoft Development Environment 2003 Version 7.1.3088 and .NET Framework 1.1 Version 1.1.4322 SP1. I have an MFC application that we have ported to .NET and have added the FolderBrowserDialog dialog to select a folder. This works fine if we do not preceed the dialog with a CString.Format call. When we have the call, the folder browser dialog has the buttons but not the folder tree. I am able to reproduce the problem by generating a default MFC dialog based application, changing it to use managed extensions, and adding a button to the default dialog to execute the following code. ...

Active directory Permissions
Having a bit of a problem getting AD permissions right. I created an ADUC snap-in so that one of our domain users can create contacts and manage distribution lists. The contacts and distribution lists are in the recipients container which is a sub-container of the users container. I'm trying to grant the user access to just the recipients container and nothing else in ADUC. I have tried various combinations of permit and deny permissions in the ACLs without much success. Right now when I logon with the users credentials I can access and modify anything and everything in ADUC. ...

Set default working directory in Publisher 2007
How do you set the default working directory in publisher 2007? The "2003" way does exist anymore... File, save as, browse to your working directory, right-click the save-in column, insert the working directory. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "evaughen" <evaughen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36FB3C7E-14AD-4923-923C-82E644CC65D0@microsoft.com... > How do you set the default working directory in publisher 2007? > > The "2003" way does exist anymore... ...

Exchange 5.5 Advance Properties, Directory name field question.
I have a user that has a username which is "asdf01", this username works throughout the domain while signed in at work. When the user is at home connected from her home pc. She goes to our email website to retieve her email. She is not able too.... When researching this users account I found that she has a second username "asdf02" in the Advance Properties tab, Directory Name. I'm not able to change this field, it is greyed with the users name. In the users active directory account, thier is no sign if this second username. My question is: What is this ...

Active Directory & LDAP Directory
Import a list of email from ATT and cannot get rid of Active Directory. When I compose a new message and go to retrieve a address I receive the popup message "Can't contact LDAP Directory server (81)". Getting on my nerves. Any idea's. I tried everything and even Detect and Repair via the Help. If you don't connect to a LDAP you can remove it by going into Tools > Email Accounts > view or change existing directories or address books > highlight the LDAP and remove. "Bernie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E7244EB-B...

User deleted from active directory
All, Client deleted crm user in AD. Now, trying to reassign leads to any other crm from the crm user who's AD object was deleted causes an effor referencing that it can't find an object in AD... hmmmmm. Any suggestions appreciated. thanx The following KB article explains the issue and how to get a hotfix that fixes the problem. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=835319 Jagan Peri Microsoft Business Solutions CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "joem" wrote: > All, > > Client deleted crm...

Awaiting Directory lookup
Dear Colleagues, Urgently i need your help! My mail is queued into my exchange 2003 awaiting directory lookup forever, mails sent and mail recived are trapped into this queue! I've enabled extensive logging onMS transport and DSaccess and fond no indicationof a problem, what do you thing is the reason for that? Regards, WMO Any help from http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?spid=global&query=awaiting+directory+lookup&catalog=LCID%3D1033&pwt=false&title=false&kt=PHRASE&mdt=0&comm=1&ast=1&ast=2&ast=3&mode=a&x=14&y=4 WM...

Directory Structure
On my Exchange server (Exchange 2K3), there are a couple of directories that I would like to delete the contents of. The directories are in the following path: C:\program files\Exchsrvr\mailroot\vsi 1\old_badmail & badmail. Can I delete the contents of those two folders without messing my Exchange server up in any way? Regards and Thanks in Advance for Your Help. David On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 16:53:12 -0400, "Dave" <noone@nope.com> wrote: >On my Exchange server (Exchange 2K3), there are a couple of directories that >I would like to delete the contents of. The di...

Checking the directory
Hi I have an executable which is kept in a particular directory.In C ++ how do we check whether the directory in which the user is similar to the EXE's directory...........This has to be used in UNIX O Is there any function in C++ to cross check whether the dir is same as that defined by me .,.. As far as I know there is no platform-independent method of checking directory equivalence, especially in Unix where there are hard links and soft links that can really confuse things. And I have no idea what you mean by "similar to". They are either the same directory or different di...

Accessing LDAP directory from Exchange 5.5
Hi, we are running Exchange 5.5 and want to offer an external LDAP address book to our users in addition to the standard Exchange global address book. Has anyone done this before? I'm looking for suggestions on the best method to do this. The best solution would be that users wouldn't have to do anything (Exchange would do all the work). Any suggestions are appreciated! Anyone done this? On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:02:08 -0500, dap99@i-55.com wrote: >Hi, we are running Exchange 5.5 and want to offer an external LDAP >address book to our users in addition to the standard Exchange...

Synch users in BP with active directory
A client posted the following suggestion. When a name change is made in active directory, it does not sync with Requisition Management. So when we do a name change, we have to delete the old name out of RM and manually create a new one and do the same thing in the approval hierarchy. It would be nice if this synced with RM all the way down so we only have to do it once. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do...

macro to move from directory to directory
I am writing/recording a macro to make changes in 64 different spreadsheets in 64 different folders on a network. I am just learning vba. I don't know how to tell Excel to move through the 64 folders, test for the spreadsheet to be sure it's there, then make changes. Any suggestions? TIA Dave I would use a worksheet to help out. In A2:A65, I'd put the 64 folders to check. In B1, I'd put the filename to look for. Then something like this: Option Explicit Sub testme2() Dim myRng As Range Dim myCell As Range Dim myFileName As String Dim TestStr As String ...