lotus notes and outlook 2003

I have outlook 2003

When someone sends me a request for an appointment from lotus notes, the
request breaks down into code and I cant decipher it.

Thanks
0
eyecare (3)

Notes support must be supported on the mail server as well. Do you connect
to an Exchange server? I don't have the details available at the moment but
I'm sute they can help you in the Exchange newsgroup.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"eyecare" <eyecare@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have outlook 2003
>
> When someone sends me a request for an appointment from lotus notes, the
> request breaks down into code and I cant decipher it.
>
> Thanks

0
Roady
10/20/2004 3:36:15 PM
Until recently, I had no problem recieveing theses requests. I had a windows
2000, with office 2000. I upgraded to Windows XP and Office 2003 and have
since had the problem.

Mail server is pop3, windows NT4 with M-daemon.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> Notes support must be supported on the mail server as well. Do you connect
> to an Exchange server? I don't have the details available at the moment but
> I'm sute they can help you in the Exchange newsgroup.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>
> -----
> "eyecare" <eyecare@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have outlook 2003
> >
> > When someone sends me a request for an appointment from lotus notes, the
> > request breaks down into code and I cant decipher it.
> >
> > Thanks

0
eyecare (3)

Exchange 2003 trust
Hi. Is it possible to share calendars on Exchange 2003 servers between 2 different domains via trust or is the only solution to make a common Root Domain? Thanks in advance for any answers! BR. Carsten if it's two different organizations, you can use the Interorg Utility. -- Omer Maydan MCSE,Security+ "Carsten" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:027701c48425$a6f5a7b0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi. > > Is it possible to share calendars on Exchange 2003 servers > between 2 different domains via trust or is the only > solution to mak...

Purchase Outlook 2007 ONLY!!!
I would like to purchase Outlook 2007 only, anyone know of a good site? www.amazon.com "CYP" <CYP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BF8BFE2-B47E-438A-9347-1FA3F816A9C0@microsoft.com... :I would like to purchase Outlook 2007 only, anyone know of a good site? Amazon often has the best pricing, but note that upgrading only outlook while keeping older versions of word means you'll lose some features. The standard version of office (upgrade) is usually about $50 more than buying only outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook ...

Lotus Transition
I have excel 2002 loaded on one of my computers. Being a former lotus user, I found it easy to shift to excel given that by going to tools-options-transition and clicking lotus help, I could press "/" and get the lotus help screen with all of the familiar commands. I just obtained a laptop that has 2003 excel installed. This option to make the "/" button bring up lotus help has been removed. Is there any add-on anyone knows up that will re-capture the ability to call up the lotus help screen that's a part of excel 2002? ...

Outlook Margin
Hi , I would like to insert picture as a margin in a new mail .how and wat are the options in Outlook 2003 ...

RSS Feeds in Outlook Express?
How can I add RSS Feeds to Outlook Express? I'd like to import those I have set up in Outlook. AFAIK, OE does not support RSS feeds. But you would be better served by asking in an Outlook Express group - this is not one of them. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Patricia Empson asked: | How can I add RSS Feeds to Outlook Express? I'd like to import those | I have set up in Outlook. On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 20:21:58 -0400, ...

Outlook and Outlook Express Simutaneously
Can I run both Outlook and Outlook Express at the same time? I've been using Outlook 2002 or 2003 for a year or so with my external (non corporate e-mail). Recently, my company switched to Lotus Notes to Outlook (FINALLY!!!). However, they locked down the profiles and when I go to add my external (non corporate) e-mail so I can have everything in one place, the Server Type screne is all greyed out (inactive). So, I've decided to move all my calendaring, contacts, and todos over to the corporate exchange server (utilizing exports of PSTs and imports into the new profile)...

word 2003 as email editor in outlook 2003
Hello I have word 2003 sp2, outlook 2003 sp2 and xp sp2 home edition. When I reply to an e-mail I'd like to use word 2003 as e-mail editor. So I checked "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages." in Tools > Options > Mail Format. But on clicking Reply button on the Standard toolbar I get the follwing message "Microsoft Word is set to be your e-mail editor. However, Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as Outlook. The Outlook e-mail editor will be used instead. An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correc...

Outlook 2003, Word 2007 email editor
Is it possible to use Word 2007 and the email editor in Outlook 2003? I don't think it is, however there may be a download that someone knows about. Thanls, Steve no. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging ...

Extender Notes
I created a Note in extender - linked it to the Item inventory transaction screen and it shows up, i can add notes, all looks good. But I can't get it to show up as a field choice in Smartlist. Is it possible to add Extender Notes to Smarlists? -- Thanks Knavas The Extender Notes window is a window and not a form and generally only data from Extender Forms is pushed into Smartlists. However, if you have SmartList Builder you can use the Extender Notes Table EXT00150 or the Extender Note KeyValues table EXT00151. Our new book on Extender, called Extending Dynamics G...

Send & Receive
At one time, all my incoming messages were visible when I start up Office Outlook 2007. I must have changed something because I now have to hit the "Send & Receive" button each time to see the list. How can I have Outlook display the incoming messages when Outlook is started? Hi, Gene. Please post your question to one of the many Office/Outlook Forums (or one of the few remaining newsgroups, if you can still find one). THIS Windows Mail newsgroup often can help with some "legacy" questions about Outlook EXPRESS, but Outlook (a part of Office) is a w...

Outlook not working HELP
I have opened a yahoo business account. When trying to set up email on outlook but will not allow me send or recieve. I can use Outlook Express with no problems so I am sure there is no problems with the set ups. Please help. MS Outlook would work much better for us. Thanks in advance, Deanna Deanna <dgoodwin@englishtransport.com> wrote: > I have opened a yahoo business account. When trying to > set up email on outlook but will not allow me send or > recieve. What error messages do you get? Does the Event Log contain anything? If you enable logging in Outlook, wha...

Outlook 2007 Calendar Question
I receive calendar meeting requests that are auto-accepting, is there anyway to turn this off? I already checked the setting in tools\options\calendar options\resource scheduling and they are not checked. Doesn't happen with every meeting request either. Anyone else have this issue? thanks. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

Ending program outlook.exe
I have been having this problem a long time and getting real tired of it. I close my outlook 2002 after using it and I can not re-open it untill I reboot the computer. When I reboot or shut down, it gives a pop up window that is labeled Outlook.exe ending program with a scrol bar, then it switches to a pop up window labeled outlook.exe not responding, with an end now or cancel option. End Now lets be continue shutting down or reboot the computer. How do I fix this? I'm thinking it is a missing DLL file but not sure how to fix. I have uninstalled and re- installed and it still the ...

Where does Outlook store names used in suggest names?
If you select suggest names while completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields in tools/options/email options/advanced email options; where does it store those names? More importantly, how can you edit them? If you get one in there that is incorrect, how do you get rid of it? Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting the entry when presented in the suggested names list (use your arrow key to migrate to the entry) and then hitting your Delete key before you tab out of the field. To clear the entire cache, follow the instructions here: http://support.microsoft.com/def...

Outlook 2003 questions
I purchased Office 2003 and have a couple question at this time on Outlook 2003 before I install Office 2003 in Windows XP Home Edition SP1: 1. Currently I have Office 2000 installed. What do I need to backup in Outlook 2000 to make sure all messages, contants, notes, etc. and all account settings? I will need to import all of this into Outlook 2003. 2. In Outlook 2003 I prefer the message view (Subject, From, Date, etc.) in a certain arragement. When I set this view for the Inbox, is there a way to apply this view to any existing and new mail folders? In Outlook 2000 I woudl click View ...

Lotus Domino
Were do you obtain an Outlook 2003 connector for Lotus Domino Server? ...

Problem on SBS 2003
I get signficantly through the CRM installation and I receive the following error - Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ImportDefaultDataAction failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070003): The system cannot find the path specified Any ideas on what is happening? Thanks Hi, Are you installing on a real server or a virtual machine? Have you tried using different media? Where in the installation do you get the error? //Gustaf "Ted Giesler" wrote: > I get signficantly through the CRM installation and I receive the following > error - > > Mi...

outlook not good
Help: Since I loaded Outlook on Thursday (as part of an Office 2003 upgrade) I have not been able to find (or receive?) e-mails on Outlook whereas I still receive and find e-mails easily on Outlook Express (which came with my Comcast broadband service) ... any clues as to what I'm doing wrong regarding Outlook e-mail? Thank you in advance for your help. any clues? - not really you dont give any error msgs or? Tried, in OL, Importing yr mail settings from OE? David "william" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:391701c3e297$a9268980$a401280a...

Outlook 2003 setup question
I was hoping someone could help me set up my outlook to keep my three email addresses seprate. I have three emails going to one inbox and instead of looking at each one then moving them to folders I would like them to be sent to seprate inboxes. If you can help please inform my semi-computer literate self! Thanks in advance You cannot; You can create folders then define rules to move specific msgs to the specific folder on receipt "djcaezer" <djcaezer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:321FDE12-5B6C-4E5F-A514-8EB78CBE81B4@microsoft.com... >...

SBS 2003 CAL's
Hi Our customer needs a 5 license user CAL pack for his SBS 2003 Server. Is it correct that I now have to buy 2008 and backgrade it? If so, the place we purchase our IT stuff from, has the following T74-01214 - Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 - version upgrade licence Is this not what they need? Thanks Neil Licensing is confusing (to say the least)... T74-01214... those are the "Volume Upgrade" CALs used when you are upgrading from SBS 4.0, 4.5, 2000 to SBS 2003. You'll need to buy the Volume License or Retail SBS 2008 CALs. If Volume Licen...

Outlook 2002 and keeping messages on Exchange Server
OK. This may be a really dumb question but I have tried everything to fix this problem. I have created a Personal Folder on my computer. I have 2 POP mail accounts that download my mail from the ISP into my .pst file. No problem there. I recently added another Microsoft Exchange account to the list of email accounts and though I have tried everything I can think of Outlook downloads my mail off the Exchange server into my .pst file. I want to keep the Exchange files on the server but download the POP mail into the .pst file. I know this feature is available but WHERE??? Any h...

When Must Lotus be imported To Lotus Before/After
This question is complicated, but one that I will need to do very shortly. I currently have an operating system of Windows 98, and I am wishing to upgrade to Windows XP, Home Edition. Now the complicating part, on Windows 98, I have Lotus SmartSuite 9.0 and the end result is that I wish to have Excel on Windows XP. Must I install a Excel version onto Windows 98 and import my Lotus Files into it, before upgrading, or must this all be done after upgrading? I have a second question as well, and that is must I get Lotus SmartSuite 9.8 which is compatible with Windows XP in order to s...

Resending Messages in Outlook Express
Is there a way to send a message again in Outlook Express? This is easy to do in Eudora, which I used to use. Any tips or workarounds would be appreciated. Thank you. Robert J <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to send a message again in Outlook > Express? This is easy to do in Eudora, which I used to > use. Any tips or workarounds would be appreciated. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the d...

Exchange outlook with two account
Dear All, I need to configure outlook to use two different account and I need to switch from one to the other so that I can answer to a receive message with the first account and in some other case answer to receive message with the second account. Any one can suggest me the configuration? Best regards. <todeschini.fabrizio@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1156233131.099905.78580@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com... > Dear All, > I need to configure outlook to use two different account and I need to > switch from one to the other so that I can answer to a receive message > wit...

Migrating from Juno to Outlook 2003
A client wishes to migrate from the Juno mail program to Outlook 2003. It looks straightforward enough to set up an Outlook POP3 account, but how do I go about importing her extensive existing Juno address book and saved messages into Outlook? All the Juno interface seems to provide is the ability to export a single message as a text file, and Outlook import knows nothing of Juno. Juno's online help is not helpful. I'm willing to get her data into Outlook by way of Outlook Express if necessary, but unwilling to install Netscape or Eudora as an intermediary. Thanks in advance...