Lost unread mail folder -- OL2003

for some reason my UNREAD Mail folder has disappeared from my favorites in
Outlook 2003. Any Ideas how I can get it back and to work as original?

Thanks in advance

Davis

0
rdavid47 (14)

The favorites is just a shortcut to the Search Folder. Rightclick it and
choose Add to Favorite Folders
If it's not there recreate it by righvtclicking Search Folders and choose
New Search Folder...

--
Roady [MVP]
www.sparnaaij.net

Tips of the month:
-Create your own fully customized Toolbar
-Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003
Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your
mailbox!
www.sparnaaij.net

(I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the
address when mailing)
-----
"RDavid" <rdavid47@nospam.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> for some reason my UNREAD Mail folder has disappeared from my favorites in
> Outlook 2003. Any Ideas how I can get it back and to work as original?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Davis

0
Roady
2/21/2004 8:10:55 PM
Start->run-> outlook.exe /resetfolders?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, RDavid asked:

| for some reason my UNREAD Mail folder has disappeared from my
| favorites in Outlook 2003. Any Ideas how I can get it back and to
| work as original?
|
| Thanks in advance
|
| Davis

0
MillyS5166 (1132)
2/21/2004 8:12:25 PM
Thank you very much....

David

message news:O%23dgwcL%23DHA.1052@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> The favorites is just a shortcut to the Search Folder. Rightclick it and
> choose Add to Favorite Folders
> If it's not there recreate it by righvtclicking Search Folders and choose
> New Search Folder...
>
> --
> Roady [MVP]
> www.sparnaaij.net
> Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News
> Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more...
>
> Tips of the month:
> -Create your own fully customized Toolbar
> -Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003
> Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your
> mailbox!
> www.sparnaaij.net
>
> (I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the
> address when mailing)
> -----
> "RDavid" <rdavid47@nospam.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > for some reason my UNREAD Mail folder has disappeared from my favorites
in
> > Outlook 2003. Any Ideas how I can get it back and to work as original?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Davis

0
rdavid47 (14)

outlook mail problem #2
i am running windows xp professional when i try to send a email a error comes up that says: does not recognize one or more names i recive mail find . can anyone help thanks gt gregg trenor <gt@irsauction.com> wrote: > i am running windows xp professional when i try to send > a email a error comes up that says: > does not recognize one or more names > i recive mail find . can anyone help thanks gt Please report, stating the exact text of the error messane, you Outlook version, and the type of account you're using. This isn't alt.psychic.read.my.mind -- Brian T...

deleted folder
Icannot empty my deleted box allo ar once only one at a time "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:221DFD33-3CC9-47F5-8A51-2E3058A64AA5@microsoft.com... > Icannot empty my deleted box allo ar once only one at a time Enable the spell checker please, and try again. mac Hello Tim, The options in PROBLEM ONE of the tutorial below may be able to help you get this sorted. http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62560-windows-mail-problems.html Hope this helps, Shawn tim;1209818 Wrote: > Icannot empty my deleted box allo ar...

Missing All Externally Received E-mail
Running Exchange 2003 in a clustered environment. User uses OWA exclusively. Mailbox had about 10,000 messages in the inbox. One day all externally sent E-mail was gone. Info store mounts and all E-mails from internal users are still there. This info is extremely important. Backups went back only 3 days (managed/hosted exchange provider). Has anyone ever experienced this? What "could" be the problem? STM file got hosed? Quarantined by AV? I'm hoping the file I need is still on the server but was moved after a corruption was found / storage limit was reached. ...

Public Folders using Outlook 97
We have several users still using Windows 98 running Office 97 connected to our Exchange server in Windows SBS 2003 server. How do I get the public folders to show up in this older version of Outlook? Thanks Ron If the user has permission to view the folders, they should appear in = the Folder List.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Ron Boetger" <rboetger@bblink.net> wrote in message = news:9je3511te7i986ampmsb8t...

Lost Formatting When tab is copied
My problem would seem to be very basic. I have a table that has values with dollars in columns and then a rate (i.e. one cell less another and then divide) in percentage format. When I copy an existing tab either into the same workbook or into a new workbook, many of my percent formats change to dollar format. This happens no matter what page I copy and it happens on pages that I am not even touching or copying. Often times these cells that lose their formatting are next to cells that are in dollar format that are pulling their data from pivot table. Could this have anything to do with it? ...

Opening other user's folder in Entourage X
Does anyone know how to open other user's folders, such as Calendar, in Entourage X (Mac version of Outlook)? Thanks for your assistance, John Try posting in a Mac Entourage group - the applications are very different. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, john smith asked: | Does anyone know how to open other user's folders, such as Calendar, | in Entourage X (Mac version o...

SOT
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_012F_01C55179.E34527A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is it possible to use non-Exchange Mail servers with Outlook (I'm = thinking of the free Mercury that comes from Pegasus initially - are = there others?) and if so, are there any recommended web sites to tell me = both how to set up the mail server and also connect Outlook to it? Thanks --=20 Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ------=_NextPart_000...

how to remove e-mail attachments from public folders
Is there way to configure public folders to strip and remove e-mail attachments, when users move emails from their inbox to the public folders? In my public folders I have setup a lets say projects folder for users to move e-mails they get from outside vendors involving different projects. The problem I have is this; E-mails come with file attachments and users forget to delete the attachments before they move the e-mails to the project folder. As result my public folder has grown too large. Is there a way I can set things up when an e-mail is moved from the users inbox to the public fo...

What was lost is found
Some of you may recall my frantic thrashing around here when I reinstalled my OS (Win XP) and had to reinstall Publisher 98 but could not find the installation disk. With a tweak here and a cludge there I was able to reinstall from the Publisher directory on the drive. (Don't ever install to the Windows/Program Files directory. Give each application its own root directory.) But the reinstall, though good enough to retrieve all my *.pub files and create new ones, lacks a few features, like hyphenation, spellcheck, etc. But today, what was lost is found. The installation disk turned ...

How to configure outlook from internet only mail to corporate/workgroup mail
Hello all Can anyone help me please. I have configured my outlook to internet only email. I now need to configure it to use corporate/workgroup email. Can someone help me please For information on choosing a support version or changing to the other support version, look here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/choosingmode.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Mark Young" <ymark@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:07da01c3ba54$4b268260$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hello all > > Can anyone help me please. I have configured my outlook > to internet only email. I...

Delivering mails to a distribution group separately?
Hello! I�m using an Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server. Our mail accounts are hosted by a provider. The Clients are receiving there mails directly from the provider by using POP. In order to send mails to external addresses we use a single SMTP account known by the Exchange Server. This works beautyfully for ditribution groups with less than 250 receipients. With larger distribution groups we have got the problem that they are blocked by our provider. Does anybody know how to force Exchange to deliver the mails separately or in packages smaller than a determined value? Many Thanks Bernd ...

new to windows mail
i am purely trying to use this program to respond to ads in craigslist. I am new to this program and have no idea how to set it up. When i click on the address of the ad i would like to respond to an error message pops up saying "the host 'yahoo' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly." Well how do I change the server name. Honestly, I just want to get this thing working so please help this not so computer savvy person. You may be asking the wrong question. Do you really want to get Windows Mail working, or do you just...

ActiveSync and Ipaq to push e-mail?
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 SP2and would like to try the push feature of ActiveSync. I'm a noob on this, and we don't have any Windows Mobile phones yet. Can I use my IPAQ pocket PC via the Internet to do the same thing? I assume thats what a phone is doing? Thanks ...

2005 Deluxe
Upgraded from 2003. Seems like I've lost functionality. Can't find how to separate catagory entry between category and subcategory (all one entry now). Also can't find the MoneySide FollowUP Notes that I used to have on the home page. Am I not looking in the right place? Thanks. MoneySide has been gone since M04. You are, IIRC, the second person to post here having noticed. As to dual cat lists: see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. BTW, you are supposed to prefer single list. "Elliot" <Elliot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9082426-5...

Mail preview in e-mail folders
Hi.... I've learned many years ago that the preview pane in email folders in outlook was a sin. The email had to be opened to be shown, and that could lead to the activation of malicious code. Even to day as I make new folders, the preview pane is automatically there. I have many, many email folders in my outlook 2007, all of which has gotten their preview pane reactivated after a recent hard disk crash. Now I wonder: Is using the preview pane lowering the security level? Is there an easy one step way to turn off the preview pane in all folders? Is there a way to prevent Outlook to ...

Exchange 5.5 disable mail relay
Hi, I have an Echange 5.5 server SP4 running on Windows 2000 server. I disabled relay but still get about 200 spam e- mails in my queue. I can delete all files under the out folder restart IMC and with 1 to 2 minutes my queue is full. I configured IMC for inbound messages until I find a fix. Please advise on what I need to do next Is the group account enabled - if it is disable it. The guest account allows mail to be sent anonymously even if relaying has been prohibited SColville "nathan@v-1.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5b4f01c3ad28$c...

Accessing documents in public folders slow after move
I originally had a single server Exchange 2000 orgnization and decided to upgrade to Exchange 2003 by adding a an Exchange 2003 server and performing the steps in kb art. 822931, "How to Remove the First Exchange 2003 Server Computer from the Site". I have not uninstalled Exchange from the original server yet, but it is turned off for a few days to see if any problems arise without it. The problem i observe is this: When opening documents that have been published in PF`s Outlook appears to hang, a 20k word document may take up to two minutes to load. Plenty bandwith avail...

lost save file
I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas where I should look or what I need to do???? I really need the folders. Thanks Search for .eml files . . . . . "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:468CD94A-33D3-45C1-8F1E-1DD5ADC164F2@microsoft.com... > I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook > express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas > where...

How do I unlock e-mail?
I am using trial version and can only read e-mail. How do I unlock the documents to make modifications? if the trial expired, you'll need to buy a copy of office and enter the cd key to unlock it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "MS ...

Lost security on modified reports
It appears that access has been lost to modified reports. I checked security and access to the appropriate modified reports is selected, but I can not access them, nor can other users. We work in a Citrix environment and all users access the forms and reports from the server, not local workstations. I have unmarked and marked access and logged out and back in, but with no luck. Any suggestions? Have you tried using Advanced Security's Verify Security feature to check that all the security records are correct, valid and undamaged? It is worth a try. PS: You can also use Advan...

POP3 Access for Postini Mail Filtering
I am trying to setup Postini Mail Filtering for my companys exchange servers. Postini connects to mailboxes by using POP3 to confirm that users credentials are authentic. The only problem is that Postini connects using full email address and password where exchange will only work with with user account and password. Is there a way to get exchange to accept authentication for a user in the following way "user@domain.net" instead of "domain\user" In news:393A86B2-9C72-45C5-8E68-0C4B1802E4C5@microsoft.com, Derek <Derek@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I am...

Lost Outlook email
----------------------------------------------------------------------- A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see th results, please visit http://www.outlookforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5370 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Question: Am I hosed - YE - PROBABL - MAYB - N ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I downloaded my email from the server, got a message that some of th rest of my mail couldn't be retrieved, closed outlook, re-opened it and the messages I had already retrieved ...

lost portfolio dat
i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? In microsoft.public.money, mark wrote: >i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its >gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? You saved it as *.inv or "my portfolio Backup.mbf"? The group for MSN Money is microsoft.public.moneycentral. ...

problem setting up yahoo mail on ms outlook 2003
Hello, when setting up yahoo mail on ms outlook 203 or express we still get a poping window asking for username and password. We tried to connect directly though yahoo webmail and it was ok. so the password should be ok. we have no problems to setup any other account thant yahoo. Any ideas? Thanks, Mike, <hanii@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1129018744.137992.51040@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com > Hello, > > when setting up yahoo mail on ms outlook 203 or express we still get a > poping window asking for username and password. > > We tried to connect directly ...