Lost Outlook Express Folders

I transitioned from Pacbell DSL to SBC DSL about a year
ago. I just recently tried to reset up an existing email
address (not my primary address) with an SBC support rep.
During the process I lost all folders for my primary email
account. The support rep said all we did was remove and
add back the primary account, and delete temp files to
speed things up. According to her this should not cause
folders to be lost. I don't find any of the folders when I
search. How do I do all to recover these folders before I
just move on?
0
anonymous (74717)

Outlook 2001 on Mac
Suddenly for no reason I cannot open the program. I get an out of memory error. Reinstalling doesn't do it. I have tried everything I can think of. HELP! It's been a while since I've played with this. Have you tried right (control) clicking on Outlook, and selecting whatever it was (Get Info?) to where you were able to increase the memory usage? "KSchramm" <KSchramm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1899C2A-D54A-4ABE-9162-5ED275E02134@microsoft.com... > Suddenly for no reason I cannot open the program. I get an out of memory > error. Re...

IMAP Problems with Outlook Express 6 & Outlook 2003
Hello I have an urgent problem I'm having trouble resolving! I have an inbox on a courier-imap server running on Debian Linux 2.2.14 On an older PC running Outlook express 6, I get the following message when trying to access the mail inbox directory, and it wont display the contents of the inbox at all: * Folder could not be displayed. Outlook express could not open this folder. This could be due to: Low disk space Low memory I have also setup a newer laptop running Outlook 2003. This will download the messages in the Inbox, but then drop out and give me this message: Task 'Chec...

Public Folders using Outlook 97
We have several users still using Windows 98 running Office 97 connected to our Exchange server in Windows SBS 2003 server. How do I get the public folders to show up in this older version of Outlook? Thanks Ron If the user has permission to view the folders, they should appear in = the Folder List.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Ron Boetger" <rboetger@bblink.net> wrote in message = news:9je3511te7i986ampmsb8t...

Lost Formatting When tab is copied
My problem would seem to be very basic. I have a table that has values with dollars in columns and then a rate (i.e. one cell less another and then divide) in percentage format. When I copy an existing tab either into the same workbook or into a new workbook, many of my percent formats change to dollar format. This happens no matter what page I copy and it happens on pages that I am not even touching or copying. Often times these cells that lose their formatting are next to cells that are in dollar format that are pulling their data from pivot table. Could this have anything to do with it? ...

What is the Outlook 2007 "PST" file called and how do I find it?
In prior versions of Outlook, I could always find the Outlook user data by scanning for PST file type. I've got a machine in which an eval version was used and now expired. I want to save the data for the day when I might buy Outlook and pick up where I left off. I can't find a PST file. -- Al Dykes News is something someone wants to suppress, everything else is advertising. - Lord Northcliffe, publisher of the Daily Mail "Al Dykes" <adykes@panix.com> wrote in message news:helf5c$5ac$1@panix5.panix.com... > > > In prior ...

What was lost is found
Some of you may recall my frantic thrashing around here when I reinstalled my OS (Win XP) and had to reinstall Publisher 98 but could not find the installation disk. With a tweak here and a cludge there I was able to reinstall from the Publisher directory on the drive. (Don't ever install to the Windows/Program Files directory. Give each application its own root directory.) But the reinstall, though good enough to retrieve all my *.pub files and create new ones, lacks a few features, like hyphenation, spellcheck, etc. But today, what was lost is found. The installation disk turned ...

outlook pst #5
Does anyone know if there is a limit as to how many pst files you can have in outloook 2003? I take it you mean how many open? Are you perchance wishing to create a seperate pst for each Contact? "rob" <taylorrob@battelle.org> wrote in message news:207801c4ac7e$331dbc20$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if there is a limit as to how many pst > files you can have in outloook 2003? ...

Outlook crashing when replying to email
I have 1 user in my organization whose Outlook 12 crashes sometimes when he replies to another e-mail. There is no rhyme or reason to when this happens that I can find. I have done a repair on his outlook, tried disabling all ADD-INS and some other things. Here are the errors I am getting in my event viewer: Application log: Faulting application outlook.exe, version 12.0.6514.5000, stamp 4a89dc70, faulting module mso.dll, version 12.0.6425.1000, stamp 49d65443, debug? 0, fault address 0x00194e6d. MS Office Diagnostics log: ID: 6, Application Name: Microsoft Office Outloo...

Project and Outlook Communication
For the longest time we were using Lotus notes, but have now switched to MS Outlook. Does anyone know of advantages by having MS Project and MS Outook? are there any special ways these communicate or can be used that we could not do with Lotus? We are on MS Project Professional (including PWA) 2007 SP1 Thanks Steve SteveP -- When you move to Outlook from Lotus Notes, you will find there is an Project Server 2007 add-in for Outlook that allows a team member to import and report on PWA tasks from within Outlook. Before they can use the add-in, they must download and inst...

Restoring Outlook
Hi I loaded the new Microsoft XP Home software which I purchased on the weekend and now I cannot access my Microsoft Outlook programme. It asks for a disc which I don't have. Can anyone help? Can I find the link software on the web? Thanks a lot. Steven You cannot link, you need origonal cd of Office or OL "Steven" <sagdirect@telkomsa.net> wrote in message news:13df701c41b2d$33ab9e60$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > I loaded the new Microsoft XP Home software which I > purchased on the weekend and now I cannot access my > Microsoft Outlook programme. It asks for ...

Outlook 98 out of memory, pls help.
out of memory when save message as messages format. ...

2005 Deluxe
Upgraded from 2003. Seems like I've lost functionality. Can't find how to separate catagory entry between category and subcategory (all one entry now). Also can't find the MoneySide FollowUP Notes that I used to have on the home page. Am I not looking in the right place? Thanks. MoneySide has been gone since M04. You are, IIRC, the second person to post here having noticed. As to dual cat lists: see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. BTW, you are supposed to prefer single list. "Elliot" <Elliot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9082426-5...

Scanning a business card into outlook
Is there a software package or tool that can allow a business card to be scanned into outlook? You might want to check google for possibilities. Some card scanners come with software to create vCards. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Scott K asked: | Is there a software package or tool that can allow a | business card to be scanned into outlook? ...

Can I remove the Favorites folder from the public folders tree?
The subject line pretty much says it all. thanks all. "Armin" <armin@musicarc.org> wrote: >The subject line pretty much says it all. > >thanks all. No. That folder is there for end users to synchronise public folders to their OST's. It's not on the exchange server, it's on the client. Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm & http:http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq.htm ...

Outlook disappears
When I open Outlook it comes up just fine, then immediately disappears. Any thoughts or suggestions? Obiviously, email responses won't be of any assistance. This may or may not help...are you using Google Desktop? I installed a Google Desktop and immediately started having problems with Outlook randomly closing. Not able to find anything else wrong and knowing I'd changed nothing else, I tried removing the Google product and my Outlook problems went away. At any rate, assuming Outlook ever worked properly for you, you might want to take a look at when the problem started AND...

Accessing documents in public folders slow after move
I originally had a single server Exchange 2000 orgnization and decided to upgrade to Exchange 2003 by adding a an Exchange 2003 server and performing the steps in kb art. 822931, "How to Remove the First Exchange 2003 Server Computer from the Site". I have not uninstalled Exchange from the original server yet, but it is turned off for a few days to see if any problems arise without it. The problem i observe is this: When opening documents that have been published in PF`s Outlook appears to hang, a 20k word document may take up to two minutes to load. Plenty bandwith avail...

lost save file
I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas where I should look or what I need to do???? I really need the folders. Thanks Search for .eml files . . . . . "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:468CD94A-33D3-45C1-8F1E-1DD5ADC164F2@microsoft.com... > I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook > express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas > where...

Outlook 2003 signature grayed out
I am trying to remove a signature but under 'mail format' signature is 'grayed out'. My message format is html. Any ideas on what is wrong? thanks in advance. which editor are you using? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SU...

Getting Outlook data from 2002 to Express
How do I get the Contacts, Tasks and Calendar data from Outlook 2002 to Outlook Express? Assuming you mean the copy of OE that is installed on the same machine as Outlook, either use the Import/Export wizard on Outlook's File menu, or the Import command on OE's File menu to copy the data. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:007001c3aeb3$37e21bd0$a101280a@phx.gbl, jl wrote: > How do I get the Contacts, Tasks and Calendar data from > Ou...

Outlook Connect
Is anyone familiar with Genius@Work's Outlook Connect which connects outlook to a database? If so, I have some specific questions. ...

Lost Outlook email
----------------------------------------------------------------------- A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see th results, please visit http://www.outlookforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5370 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Question: Am I hosed - YE - PROBABL - MAYB - N ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I downloaded my email from the server, got a message that some of th rest of my mail couldn't be retrieved, closed outlook, re-opened it and the messages I had already retrieved ...

Outlook 2003: Problem in sharing contacts
My company uses Outlook 2003 within an Exchange environment. My 9-person department wishes to create a common contact list of all the vendors we use. I created a Contacts folder called "Department contacts" and shared it with all department members giving each "Editor" permission. However, when a department member clicks on "Open Shared Contacts" and clicks my name, my personal contacts appear instead. I examined the properties of my personal contacts and there is no sharing. I again checked the properties of department contacts and they show that I am attempting...

Where are Outlook files kept?
I want to transfer my Outlook files and folders from my current HD to my new one. I'll do this by burning CD-R discs and after installing the new HD, copying them to the new drive. I can't find any folders called "Mail", "Inbox", or any of the folders I created in Outlook by searching My Computer. Dell Inspiron 600m; Win XP; Outlook 5? (Details discloses that Outlook is version "10.0.4510.0"). Thanks, -- Please, no "Go Google this" replies. I wouldn't ask a question here if I hadn't done that already. DaveC me@privacy.net Thi...

Outlook not opening, previous suggestions don't work
Hi I'm having problems with Outlook 2k AND Outlook 97, neither of which will open on my Windows XP system. I have run Outlook 2k for some time now with no problem until a session of installing some Hotfixes. The next day it wouldn't open. I tried '97 on the offchance that would work but got the same problem. I have a 2 PC network and I link to the .PST file on the other PC (outlook is fine on there). I have tried the suggestions to the other people on this list but to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated as I just can't get to the bottom of it. Many thanks Mark Wh...

outlook 2003 to 2007
I have Outlook 2003 on an XP machine with large PST file - multiple accounts, many folders etc. Next to it is Outlook 2007 on a W7 machine with new, empty PST file. What's the best way to get my large PST file in the right place on my W7 machine?. I can see the location of the PST file on W7 via search but can't seem to get there via Explorer because the folder 'AppData' isn't visible on the folder list under my username app data is a hidden folder - it should open if you type %appdata% in the start search field and press enter. You can put the pst anywhere...