Lost Outlook email - I mean LOST!

A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see th
results, please visit http://www.outlookforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5370
Question: Am I hosed

- YE
- PROBABL
- MAYB
- N

I downloaded my email from the server, got a message that some of th
rest of my mail couldn't be retrieved, closed outlook, re-opened it
and the messages I had already retrieved disappeared. Outlook retrieve
the rest of my mail just fine. I also tried using the 'inbox repai
tool' and it said it encountered no errors. I searched all of m
folders for the missing messages (I knew what one of them had in th
subject line) and that also didn't find them. Is there anything else
can do or are they just gone? Thanks

P.S. - I'm using XP and Outlook 2000. THANKS!

Outlook 2001 on Mac
Suddenly for no reason I cannot open the program. I get an out of memory error. Reinstalling doesn't do it. I have tried everything I can think of. HELP! It's been a while since I've played with this. Have you tried right (control) clicking on Outlook, and selecting whatever it was (Get Info?) to where you were able to increase the memory usage? "KSchramm" <KSchramm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1899C2A-D54A-4ABE-9162-5ED275E02134@microsoft.com... > Suddenly for no reason I cannot open the program. I get an out of memory > error. Re...

Email Error 10-23-03

IMAP Problems with Outlook Express 6 & Outlook 2003
Hello I have an urgent problem I'm having trouble resolving! I have an inbox on a courier-imap server running on Debian Linux 2.2.14 On an older PC running Outlook express 6, I get the following message when trying to access the mail inbox directory, and it wont display the contents of the inbox at all: * Folder could not be displayed. Outlook express could not open this folder. This could be due to: Low disk space Low memory I have also setup a newer laptop running Outlook 2003. This will download the messages in the Inbox, but then drop out and give me this message: Task 'Chec...

Public Folders using Outlook 97
We have several users still using Windows 98 running Office 97 connected to our Exchange server in Windows SBS 2003 server. How do I get the public folders to show up in this older version of Outlook? Thanks Ron If the user has permission to view the folders, they should appear in = the Folder List.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Ron Boetger" <rboetger@bblink.net> wrote in message = news:9je3511te7i986ampmsb8t...

Adding an email Signature
Hi, are there any workarounds to adding an email signature in CRM except by going through exchange? I don't believe this is possible by default in CRM. You might look into user specific templates, but I don't know if this will solve it (or is workable). Maybe there are some 3rd party tools for this. Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlands "Kuvenp" wrote: > Hi, are there any workarounds to adding an email signature in CRM except by > going through exchange? There's no way to automatically add a signature, but each user can create a template for this purpose (To...

Lost Formatting When tab is copied
My problem would seem to be very basic. I have a table that has values with dollars in columns and then a rate (i.e. one cell less another and then divide) in percentage format. When I copy an existing tab either into the same workbook or into a new workbook, many of my percent formats change to dollar format. This happens no matter what page I copy and it happens on pages that I am not even touching or copying. Often times these cells that lose their formatting are next to cells that are in dollar format that are pulling their data from pivot table. Could this have anything to do with it? ...

Outlook crashing when replying to email
I have 1 user in my organization whose Outlook 12 crashes sometimes when he replies to another e-mail. There is no rhyme or reason to when this happens that I can find. I have done a repair on his outlook, tried disabling all ADD-INS and some other things. Here are the errors I am getting in my event viewer: Application log: Faulting application outlook.exe, version 12.0.6514.5000, stamp 4a89dc70, faulting module mso.dll, version 12.0.6425.1000, stamp 49d65443, debug? 0, fault address 0x00194e6d. MS Office Diagnostics log: ID: 6, Application Name: Microsoft Office Outloo...

What was lost is found
Some of you may recall my frantic thrashing around here when I reinstalled my OS (Win XP) and had to reinstall Publisher 98 but could not find the installation disk. With a tweak here and a cludge there I was able to reinstall from the Publisher directory on the drive. (Don't ever install to the Windows/Program Files directory. Give each application its own root directory.) But the reinstall, though good enough to retrieve all my *.pub files and create new ones, lacks a few features, like hyphenation, spellcheck, etc. But today, what was lost is found. The installation disk turned ...

excel font changes in email
Hi, We have just had office 2003 installed on one of our machines while the rest are still running on a previous version. We opened a template from our server changed it and re-saved to the server. Now when the files are emailed and opened by one of our original machines in another office they come out with a very different appearance in terms of layout and font. Anybody any suggestions, it´s driving us crazy. Thanks What were the before and after font names? If the font used on the "sending" pc doesn't exist on the "receiving" pc, then windows will do a su...

outlook pst #5
Does anyone know if there is a limit as to how many pst files you can have in outloook 2003? I take it you mean how many open? Are you perchance wishing to create a seperate pst for each Contact? "rob" <taylorrob@battelle.org> wrote in message news:207801c4ac7e$331dbc20$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if there is a limit as to how many pst > files you can have in outloook 2003? ...

What is the Outlook 2007 "PST" file called and how do I find it?
In prior versions of Outlook, I could always find the Outlook user data by scanning for PST file type. I've got a machine in which an eval version was used and now expired. I want to save the data for the day when I might buy Outlook and pick up where I left off. I can't find a PST file. -- Al Dykes News is something someone wants to suppress, everything else is advertising. - Lord Northcliffe, publisher of the Daily Mail "Al Dykes" <adykes@panix.com> wrote in message news:helf5c$5ac$1@panix5.panix.com... > > > In prior ...

missing email messages
I get my incoming emails, open them to read them, and they disappear when I close them. Where are they going? What is set wrong to cause this? Do you have any view set on your in-box, such as unread messages? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding not answer: ls <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I get my incoming emails, open them to read them, and | they disappear when I close them. Where are they going? | What is set wrong to cause this...

Project and Outlook Communication
For the longest time we were using Lotus notes, but have now switched to MS Outlook. Does anyone know of advantages by having MS Project and MS Outook? are there any special ways these communicate or can be used that we could not do with Lotus? We are on MS Project Professional (including PWA) 2007 SP1 Thanks Steve SteveP -- When you move to Outlook from Lotus Notes, you will find there is an Project Server 2007 add-in for Outlook that allows a team member to import and report on PWA tasks from within Outlook. Before they can use the add-in, they must download and inst...

backup old emails
hi, i am going to format my hard drive so i can reinstall my operating system. i don't want to lose my outlook emails so i want to back up the old emails. i don't know where outlook stores the emails. where are they located? is there an easy way to backup the old emails? thanks. manpreet Simply copy the pst, in OL check properties of pst for location, or search to include hidden. "manpreet" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:607e01c492aa$f814e0f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > hi, > > i am going to format my hard drive so i can reins...

Restoring Outlook
Hi I loaded the new Microsoft XP Home software which I purchased on the weekend and now I cannot access my Microsoft Outlook programme. It asks for a disc which I don't have. Can anyone help? Can I find the link software on the web? Thanks a lot. Steven You cannot link, you need origonal cd of Office or OL "Steven" <sagdirect@telkomsa.net> wrote in message news:13df701c41b2d$33ab9e60$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > I loaded the new Microsoft XP Home software which I > purchased on the weekend and now I cannot access my > Microsoft Outlook programme. It asks for ...

Outlook 98 out of memory, pls help.
out of memory when save message as messages format. ...

Finding a deleting duplicate emails in OL 2007
How can I find and delete duplicate messages in Outlook 2007? Thanks Bruce Bruce, you wrote on Sun, 19 Aug 2007 11:00:57 -0700: > How can I find and delete duplicate messages in Outlook 2007? http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/remove_duplicates/ -- Best Regards Christian Goeller http://www.outlookfaq.net ...

2005 Deluxe
Upgraded from 2003. Seems like I've lost functionality. Can't find how to separate catagory entry between category and subcategory (all one entry now). Also can't find the MoneySide FollowUP Notes that I used to have on the home page. Am I not looking in the right place? Thanks. MoneySide has been gone since M04. You are, IIRC, the second person to post here having noticed. As to dual cat lists: see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. BTW, you are supposed to prefer single list. "Elliot" <Elliot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9082426-5...

Can I stop auto email deletion when switching between servers?
When switching between my work server during the day and then checking my work email at home in outlook it will transfer all my emails so I can view them but when returning to outlook using my work server the next day, all the emails will be deleted. How can I stop this from happening everytime I check email from home? What kind of mail server is being used in the office? If it's a POP3 mail server you can use the "Leave Mail on Server" option at home. "hansontrek" <hansontrek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23FFCCCE-1D1F-4498-B199-DC311B8...

Scanning a business card into outlook
Is there a software package or tool that can allow a business card to be scanned into outlook? You might want to check google for possibilities. Some card scanners come with software to create vCards. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Scott K asked: | Is there a software package or tool that can allow a | business card to be scanned into outlook? ...

Outlook disappears
When I open Outlook it comes up just fine, then immediately disappears. Any thoughts or suggestions? Obiviously, email responses won't be of any assistance. This may or may not help...are you using Google Desktop? I installed a Google Desktop and immediately started having problems with Outlook randomly closing. Not able to find anything else wrong and knowing I'd changed nothing else, I tried removing the Google product and my Outlook problems went away. At any rate, assuming Outlook ever worked properly for you, you might want to take a look at when the problem started AND...

Outlook 2003 signature grayed out
I am trying to remove a signature but under 'mail format' signature is 'grayed out'. My message format is html. Any ideas on what is wrong? thanks in advance. which editor are you using? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SU...

lost save file
I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas where I should look or what I need to do???? I really need the folders. Thanks Search for .eml files . . . . . "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:468CD94A-33D3-45C1-8F1E-1DD5ADC164F2@microsoft.com... > I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook > express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas > where...

Getting Outlook data from 2002 to Express
How do I get the Contacts, Tasks and Calendar data from Outlook 2002 to Outlook Express? Assuming you mean the copy of OE that is installed on the same machine as Outlook, either use the Import/Export wizard on Outlook's File menu, or the Import command on OE's File menu to copy the data. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:007001c3aeb3$37e21bd0$a101280a@phx.gbl, jl wrote: > How do I get the Contacts, Tasks and Calendar data from > Ou...

Outlook Connect
Is anyone familiar with Genius@Work's Outlook Connect which connects outlook to a database? If so, I have some specific questions. ...