Lost my Sent items folder

I recently cleaned up the too many e-mails I had in my inbox by creating a
series of personal folders to organize and store them. So far so good.
Next I noticed that my sent items folder was a subfolder of my deleted items
folder (don't know why) Which I promptly emptied ..DOH!!  Now I do not have
a sent items floder, it vanished. My e-mail is going out OK but the mail
shows it is staying in the outbox folder.This is all new to me, and I
sincerely do not believe I messed with these folders (other than emptiying
deleted items)
I am running XP and Office 2003, and it is a corporate machine. I did check
under options and I do have save sent mail in the sent mail folder.
Any ideas what I might look at before I have to go through the old FedEx the
darned thing back to the IT people?
Thanks for your ideas.

0
sparkout (5)

Sparkout <sparkout@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I recently cleaned up the too many e-mails I had in my inbox by
> creating a series of personal folders to organize and store them. So
> far so good.
> Next I noticed that my sent items folder was a subfolder of my
> deleted items folder (don't know why) Which I promptly emptied
> ..DOH!!  Now I do not have a sent items floder, it vanished. My
> e-mail is going out OK but the mail shows it is staying in the outbox
> folder.

Start Outlook with the /resetfolders switch.  Cick Start>Run and, in the
Open box, enter:

"%ProgramFiles"\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe" /resetfolders

(include the quotes and spaces).  This should recreate any missing default
folders, of which Sent Items is one.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
> Sparkout <sparkout@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > I recently cleaned up the too many e-mails I had in my inbox by
> > creating a series of personal folders to organize and store them. So
> > far so good.
> > Next I noticed that my sent items folder was a subfolder of my
> > deleted items folder (don't know why) Which I promptly emptied
> > ..DOH!!  Now I do not have a sent items floder, it vanished. My
> > e-mail is going out OK but the mail shows it is staying in the outbox
> > folder.
>
> Start Outlook with the /resetfolders switch.  Cick Start>Run and, in the
> Open box, enter:
>
> "%ProgramFiles"\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe" /resetfolders
>
> (include the quotes and spaces).  This should recreate any missing default
> folders, of which Sent Items is one.
> --
> Brian Tillman

Brian, Thank you for the response. I tried the Start-Run- Open thing exactly
as noted. I also tried the extension as I found it by searching for
Outlook.exe which just replaced % w/ c:\. Anyway I tri it I get an error
screen saying the file is not found. Is there something I may be
overlooking?
Thanks for your consideration

Gregg

0
sparkout (5)
1/7/2005 12:34:53 AM
Sparkout <sparkout@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I tried the Start-Run- Open thing
> exactly as noted.

Yeah, well I typed the path wrong.  I accidently typed a quote instead of a
percent in the path.  The correct Open line should be:

> Sparkout <sparkout@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > I tried the Start-Run- Open thing
> > exactly as noted.
>
> Yeah, well I typed the path wrong.  I accidently typed a quote instead of
> percent in the path.  The correct Open line should be:
>
> "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe" /resetfolders
> --
> Brian Tillman

Brian,
Thanks very much for your help. You've been generous with your time and
knowledge and I appreciate that. Unfortunately, it has been determined there
is some sort of corruption of some sort on my machine. As I said it is a
corporate machine, so back it must go.
That being said,I did try the fix, and the new path you sent is was the
right one. Thanks for the effort, you have a nice community here.

0
sparkout (5)

Change Folder List order
I'm running OL 2003 SP2 under XP Pro. In my Outlook Folder List I have 4 open folders: MAIN, Archive 1995-2000, Archive 2000-2005, and Other. That's the order in which they appear. I'd like to move "Other" up into the 2nd position, but can't figure out how to change the order. How do I do this? you'll have to rename it - outlook puts the non-default folder sets in alphabetical order. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Task...

Shortcuts to folders: Outlook 2003 #2
Hi there, I have just started using Outlook 2003. In Outlook 2002 (XP?) it was possible to create a shortcut link to a folder in the file system into which emails could be dragged and dropped. This does not seem possible in Outlook 2003. Can this be done or not? TIA, Kim. Kim Bracknell <no_spam_please_kbracknell_at_foi.wa.gov.au> wrote: > Hi there, I have just started using Outlook 2003. In Outlook 2002 > (XP?) it was possible to create a shortcut link to a folder in the > file system into which emails could be dragged and dropped. This does > not seem possible in Outloo...

Line Item Sequence Number #2
I have a question pertaining to the Line Items Sequence Number of an Order apposed to an Invoice. If an Order is Transferred to an Invoice in the GP SOP Trx Entry, does the LNITMSEQ Number stay the same from the Order to the Invoice? If a Item is LNITMSEQ value of 49152 on the Order will it be 49152 on the Invoice? or will it depend of the positioning on that Line on the Invoice? I am trying to report on Costs on Open Invoices from the SOP POP Link and have to use the ORIGNUMB/ORIGTYPE to relate to the SOP60100 Table but I want to be sure the LNITMSEQ is going to be right. Any help w...

Lost Formatting When tab is copied
My problem would seem to be very basic. I have a table that has values with dollars in columns and then a rate (i.e. one cell less another and then divide) in percentage format. When I copy an existing tab either into the same workbook or into a new workbook, many of my percent formats change to dollar format. This happens no matter what page I copy and it happens on pages that I am not even touching or copying. Often times these cells that lose their formatting are next to cells that are in dollar format that are pulling their data from pivot table. Could this have anything to do with it? ...

Public Folders using Outlook 97
We have several users still using Windows 98 running Office 97 connected to our Exchange server in Windows SBS 2003 server. How do I get the public folders to show up in this older version of Outlook? Thanks Ron If the user has permission to view the folders, they should appear in = the Folder List.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Ron Boetger" <rboetger@bblink.net> wrote in message = news:9je3511te7i986ampmsb8t...

deleted folder
Icannot empty my deleted box allo ar once only one at a time "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:221DFD33-3CC9-47F5-8A51-2E3058A64AA5@microsoft.com... > Icannot empty my deleted box allo ar once only one at a time Enable the spell checker please, and try again. mac Hello Tim, The options in PROBLEM ONE of the tutorial below may be able to help you get this sorted. http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62560-windows-mail-problems.html Hope this helps, Shawn tim;1209818 Wrote: > Icannot empty my deleted box allo ar...

What was lost is found
Some of you may recall my frantic thrashing around here when I reinstalled my OS (Win XP) and had to reinstall Publisher 98 but could not find the installation disk. With a tweak here and a cludge there I was able to reinstall from the Publisher directory on the drive. (Don't ever install to the Windows/Program Files directory. Give each application its own root directory.) But the reinstall, though good enough to retrieve all my *.pub files and create new ones, lacks a few features, like hyphenation, spellcheck, etc. But today, what was lost is found. The installation disk turned ...

2005 Deluxe
Upgraded from 2003. Seems like I've lost functionality. Can't find how to separate catagory entry between category and subcategory (all one entry now). Also can't find the MoneySide FollowUP Notes that I used to have on the home page. Am I not looking in the right place? Thanks. MoneySide has been gone since M04. You are, IIRC, the second person to post here having noticed. As to dual cat lists: see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. BTW, you are supposed to prefer single list. "Elliot" <Elliot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9082426-5...

Delete Single item from multi select listbox
Afternoon all. I have searched far and wide for a solution to this. I have an unbound multi select listbox that i populate with a double click event from a list of items. I can add things just fine. I can also delete all the items that i have added to the list box. What i need help on is deleteing a single item from the listbox on doubleclick. If its easier to simply create a button that loops through the selected items and deltes them i can do that. But double clicking seems easier for the users. lstSelectedItems.RemoveItem (i) This code deletes the first item in the list. I ...

Occurances of items in a range.
Hello all, I have a large field of data about 17,000 rows. What I want to do it break it into increments of 500 and then have excel count the occurances of each increment and in another cell total it. Please, for purposes of your responses assume all original data is in sheet 1 Column "F" I want the ranges to look like this: -5000 to -4501 -4500 to -4001 -4000 to -3501 ............... 0 to 500 501 to 1000 ............... etc all the way to 4500 to 5000 Is what I'm asking even possible? and if so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Shhhh "Shhhh&quo...

line item void
Is it possible to track a line item void in RMS? This would be prior to tendering, if a cashier rings an item and deletes the item prior to tender. Thanks "Max" wrote: > Is it possible to track a line item void in RMS? This would be prior to > tendering, if a cashier rings an item and deletes the item prior to tender. > > Thanks > We really need this funtion if there isnt one yet. Your cashiers can rip you off all day long. You can prevent a cashier from being able to delete line items. it is an option in each cashier's rights setup. Marc "...

Deleted Items retention & cached mode
We have had Deleted Items Retention in place for a few years, but are now experiencing a problem with the introduction of Outlook 2003 into our organization with cached mode enabled. For example, I go into my deleted items retention and recover a message. The message, however, doesn't go into my deleted items folder until I get out of cached mode and restart Outlook. Is this just a limitation of running cached mode (can't work with offline files) or is it just a matter of refreshing my folder view after a certain amount of time (something a registry entry could fix)? ...

Outlook 2010 Error
Happened first with a computer I had office 2010 beta installed. Now I installed in a virtual machine, where no other office products were installed. Happens only in IMAP when attempting to move a file from inbox to say "my created folder". My exchange account in the same inbox is fine. I've even tried without the exchange account installed. Outlook 2007 does not have this issue. I've searched for two days off and on, without finding an answer. Well, I did see someone mention this issue in March 2010, but a mod stated this issue would be fi...

Mail preview in e-mail folders
Hi.... I've learned many years ago that the preview pane in email folders in outlook was a sin. The email had to be opened to be shown, and that could lead to the activation of malicious code. Even to day as I make new folders, the preview pane is automatically there. I have many, many email folders in my outlook 2007, all of which has gotten their preview pane reactivated after a recent hard disk crash. Now I wonder: Is using the preview pane lowering the security level? Is there an easy one step way to turn off the preview pane in all folders? Is there a way to prevent Outlook to ...

Accessing documents in public folders slow after move
I originally had a single server Exchange 2000 orgnization and decided to upgrade to Exchange 2003 by adding a an Exchange 2003 server and performing the steps in kb art. 822931, "How to Remove the First Exchange 2003 Server Computer from the Site". I have not uninstalled Exchange from the original server yet, but it is turned off for a few days to see if any problems arise without it. The problem i observe is this: When opening documents that have been published in PF`s Outlook appears to hang, a 20k word document may take up to two minutes to load. Plenty bandwith avail...

lost save file
I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas where I should look or what I need to do???? I really need the folders. Thanks Search for .eml files . . . . . "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:468CD94A-33D3-45C1-8F1E-1DD5ADC164F2@microsoft.com... > I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook > express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas > where...

Lost Outlook email
----------------------------------------------------------------------- A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see th results, please visit http://www.outlookforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5370 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Question: Am I hosed - YE - PROBABL - MAYB - N ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I downloaded my email from the server, got a message that some of th rest of my mail couldn't be retrieved, closed outlook, re-opened it and the messages I had already retrieved ...

How to check Public Folder Content has fully replicated?
Hi, I am near the end of an Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 migration and have just created replicas of my public folders on the new Exchange 2003 public folder server. Is there any way I can check that the content for the public folders have fully replicated to the new 2003 public folder server? The Pub.ebd on both servers are different sizes (the exchange 2003 is bigger). We have over 7000 public folders, so it is not a realistic to check the size of each public folder on 5.5 then on 2003. Can anyone suggest a utility that will compare the number of messages on each server within the publ...

Showing number series in query for grouped items
Hi, I have a stock table which has serial numbers for each item. I want a query which groups the item types and shows the first and last serial numbers for that item type along with how many. Eg. 10 x mobile phones first serial number = xxx1, last serial number = xx10. I tried the first, last, min and max functions but they continue to group and show each of the 10 items individually. Any ideas?? Thanks On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 04:27:01 -0800, Flanders <Flanders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a stock table which has serial numbers for each item. I want ...

Lost security on modified reports
It appears that access has been lost to modified reports. I checked security and access to the appropriate modified reports is selected, but I can not access them, nor can other users. We work in a Citrix environment and all users access the forms and reports from the server, not local workstations. I have unmarked and marked access and logged out and back in, but with no luck. Any suggestions? Have you tried using Advanced Security's Verify Security feature to check that all the security records are correct, valid and undamaged? It is worth a try. PS: You can also use Advan...

lost portfolio dat
i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? In microsoft.public.money, mark wrote: >i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its >gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? You saved it as *.inv or "my portfolio Backup.mbf"? The group for MSN Money is microsoft.public.moneycentral. ...

Why are my replies to emails not sent ?
I receive incoming email and log the ID of the sender into my Contacts. I then send a reply to the same ID - but get message - "Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Test Sent: 08/12/2004 17:14 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'email address of sender' on 08/12/2004 17:14 503 No recipient(s). What to do ? ...

Move public folders #2
Is there an easy way to move public folders from one Exchange 2003 server to another Exchange 2003 server? And, will the public folder contents overwrite the (now empty) public folders on the destination server? We are currently trying to replicate them and it isn't working. Thanks. David the best way go "move" public folders is to replicate them where you want them, then when everything is replicated, remove the instances where you don't want them...how is replication not working? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "David" <dlchase@lifetimeinc.com> wrote in m...

lost folders
A friend whose computer runs WinXP fully updated just lost her Outlook Express Inbox, Drafts, and Sent Items folders. She says it happened after this week's Automatic Update. She found the Inbox and Drafts in her Recycle Bin, but her Sent Items folder seems to have disappeared. She hadn't overloaded any of the folders. There were 38 messages in Sent Items. I had her check her Store folder just to make sure, and there is no Sent Items folder there. Prior to the update, and now as well, she has been getting a large number of messages wanting to compact her OE folders. Th...

Why do service items need to be assigned to a site?
Why do service items need to be assigned to a site if they're not maintained in inventory? I can't invoice a service item unless it's been assigned to a site. Can someone explain why this would be required? Thanks! -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 The simple answer is that the system was designed that way. It's been that way for many versions, if not from the beginning. It's not something that can be changed and I'd be surprised if MS changes the system to not require a site. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Bud"...