Lost mail #2

I had a computer crash (power supply and motherboard).  I
installed my harddrive as a slave on my new computer and
have been able to retrieve my private directory files by
taking ownership.  Could someone tell me where and how I
could access my old outlook (same version as new
computer) contacts and emails.  I should have made hard
copies of important emails, but I didn't and now I
desperately need to find my old correspondances.  When I
open outlook it defaults to the master harddrive.

Dan

Dan <dorlowski1@cogeco.ca> wrote:

> I had a computer crash (power supply and motherboard).  I
> installed my harddrive as a slave on my new computer and
> have been able to retrieve my private directory files by
> taking ownership.  Could someone tell me where and how I
> could access my old outlook (same version as new
> computer) contacts and emails.  I should have made hard
> copies of important emails, but I didn't and now I
> desperately need to find my old correspondances.  When I
> open outlook it defaults to the master harddrive.

They're usually in the hidden folder
olddrive:\Documents and Settings\{user}\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook in a file <something>.pst
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

PF Replication #2
We have migrated NT/Exch 5.5 to W2K3AD/Exch2K3. We have 2 Exchange 2003 servers (clean installs) and are trying to remove the first one (weak transition hardware) following http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822931. However, we cannot get Public Folders to replicate. "Local Modified" is the status for the replica on the "new" server. It never goes to "In Sync" and the folder does not appear on the "new" server. We've tried pushing with Send Hierarchy and Send Contents also. No events are logged. What are we missing?...

Line Item Sequence Number #2
I have a question pertaining to the Line Items Sequence Number of an Order apposed to an Invoice. If an Order is Transferred to an Invoice in the GP SOP Trx Entry, does the LNITMSEQ Number stay the same from the Order to the Invoice? If a Item is LNITMSEQ value of 49152 on the Order will it be 49152 on the Invoice? or will it depend of the positioning on that Line on the Invoice? I am trying to report on Costs on Open Invoices from the SOP POP Link and have to use the ORIGNUMB/ORIGTYPE to relate to the SOP60100 Table but I want to be sure the LNITMSEQ is going to be right. Any help w...

outlook mail problem #2
i am running windows xp professional when i try to send a email a error comes up that says: does not recognize one or more names i recive mail find . can anyone help thanks gt gregg trenor <gt@irsauction.com> wrote: > i am running windows xp professional when i try to send > a email a error comes up that says: > does not recognize one or more names > i recive mail find . can anyone help thanks gt Please report, stating the exact text of the error messane, you Outlook version, and the type of account you're using. This isn't alt.psychic.read.my.mind -- Brian T...

2 Quick questions
Hello All, I have two questions. I currently have a 2003 Exchange Server on my network. The first question I have is this. We use a public folder for an e-mail box for a sales e- mail address. Users can go in a check to see if there are any messages thru out the day. I have cleared the "Maintain per user read info" box, but when someone checks the e-mail and reads it, no one else sees it as read. Second question is this. I have a user with Windows XP Pro and Outlook 2003. We use public folder calendars for appts. for our executive staff. When this user posts an appt, it is...

Linking Excel to a Access database #2
Thanks I am giving it a try, it retireves the data ok, but it i difficult to try and set the table up, there are too many differen categories in the data! I will try and see if I can work this one out though..... Otherwise is there anyway that Excel functions can count data in a Access database without importing it -- martin ridle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- martin ridley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=803 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26695 ...

Missing All Externally Received E-mail
Running Exchange 2003 in a clustered environment. User uses OWA exclusively. Mailbox had about 10,000 messages in the inbox. One day all externally sent E-mail was gone. Info store mounts and all E-mails from internal users are still there. This info is extremely important. Backups went back only 3 days (managed/hosted exchange provider). Has anyone ever experienced this? What "could" be the problem? STM file got hosed? Quarantined by AV? I'm hoping the file I need is still on the server but was moved after a corruption was found / storage limit was reached. ...

Lost Formatting When tab is copied
My problem would seem to be very basic. I have a table that has values with dollars in columns and then a rate (i.e. one cell less another and then divide) in percentage format. When I copy an existing tab either into the same workbook or into a new workbook, many of my percent formats change to dollar format. This happens no matter what page I copy and it happens on pages that I am not even touching or copying. Often times these cells that lose their formatting are next to cells that are in dollar format that are pulling their data from pivot table. Could this have anything to do with it? ...

CRM_FilterText #2
Hi I am in the process of creating a custom report for CRM using Visual Studio. I am not entirely familiar with the process and I have posted quite a few questions in the last few weeks with regards to custom report creation. I do not find the Reports Writers Guide to be very useful and I am really looking for practical examples. My report has been created and I am now trying to use CRM_FIlterText correctly. I have created a hidden parameter and inserted the expression =Parameters!CRM_FilterText.Value. The problem I am now having is my report displays Case: Customer: Equals ABC Shoes ...

how to remove e-mail attachments from public folders
Is there way to configure public folders to strip and remove e-mail attachments, when users move emails from their inbox to the public folders? In my public folders I have setup a lets say projects folder for users to move e-mails they get from outside vendors involving different projects. The problem I have is this; E-mails come with file attachments and users forget to delete the attachments before they move the e-mails to the project folder. As result my public folder has grown too large. Is there a way I can set things up when an e-mail is moved from the users inbox to the public fo...

SOT
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_012F_01C55179.E34527A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is it possible to use non-Exchange Mail servers with Outlook (I'm = thinking of the free Mercury that comes from Pegasus initially - are = there others?) and if so, are there any recommended web sites to tell me = both how to set up the mail server and also connect Outlook to it? Thanks --=20 Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ------=_NextPart_000...

Delivering mails to a distribution group separately?
Hello! I�m using an Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server. Our mail accounts are hosted by a provider. The Clients are receiving there mails directly from the provider by using POP. In order to send mails to external addresses we use a single SMTP account known by the Exchange Server. This works beautyfully for ditribution groups with less than 250 receipients. With larger distribution groups we have got the problem that they are blocked by our provider. Does anybody know how to force Exchange to deliver the mails separately or in packages smaller than a determined value? Many Thanks Bernd ...

What was lost is found
Some of you may recall my frantic thrashing around here when I reinstalled my OS (Win XP) and had to reinstall Publisher 98 but could not find the installation disk. With a tweak here and a cludge there I was able to reinstall from the Publisher directory on the drive. (Don't ever install to the Windows/Program Files directory. Give each application its own root directory.) But the reinstall, though good enough to retrieve all my *.pub files and create new ones, lacks a few features, like hyphenation, spellcheck, etc. But today, what was lost is found. The installation disk turned ...

How to configure outlook from internet only mail to corporate/workgroup mail
Hello all Can anyone help me please. I have configured my outlook to internet only email. I now need to configure it to use corporate/workgroup email. Can someone help me please For information on choosing a support version or changing to the other support version, look here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/choosingmode.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Mark Young" <ymark@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:07da01c3ba54$4b268260$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hello all > > Can anyone help me please. I have configured my outlook > to internet only email. I...

Countif if the value falls between 2 other values
Need to count values that fall between two limits: for example 462 997 569 122 Need to count values between 300 and 600. I can do if my desired value is over or under a target, but not within a range. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. =COUNTIF(A:A,">=300")-COUNTIF(A:A,">600") -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "les8" <les8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E83BE3D-E5A5-4114-AFDB-CC685F1DB5EF@microsoft.com... > Need to count values that fall between two limits: for example > 462 > 997 > 569 > 122 > Need to co...

ActiveSync and Ipaq to push e-mail?
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 SP2and would like to try the push feature of ActiveSync. I'm a noob on this, and we don't have any Windows Mobile phones yet. Can I use my IPAQ pocket PC via the Internet to do the same thing? I assume thats what a phone is doing? Thanks ...

new to windows mail
i am purely trying to use this program to respond to ads in craigslist. I am new to this program and have no idea how to set it up. When i click on the address of the ad i would like to respond to an error message pops up saying "the host 'yahoo' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly." Well how do I change the server name. Honestly, I just want to get this thing working so please help this not so computer savvy person. You may be asking the wrong question. Do you really want to get Windows Mail working, or do you just...

2005 Deluxe
Upgraded from 2003. Seems like I've lost functionality. Can't find how to separate catagory entry between category and subcategory (all one entry now). Also can't find the MoneySide FollowUP Notes that I used to have on the home page. Am I not looking in the right place? Thanks. MoneySide has been gone since M04. You are, IIRC, the second person to post here having noticed. As to dual cat lists: see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. BTW, you are supposed to prefer single list. "Elliot" <Elliot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9082426-5...

Drop Down Menus #2
I recently saw a worksheet that used a "drop down menu" in one cell. This drop down menu is a list of months of the year to choose from. I noticed that the only way to see that the cell had a drop down was when I highlighted the cell. How does one create such a drop down menu by using this one cell? I am using MS Excel 200 and Windows 98SE. Signed: lsmft -- lsmft ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lsmft's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30678 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.p...

Mail preview in e-mail folders
Hi.... I've learned many years ago that the preview pane in email folders in outlook was a sin. The email had to be opened to be shown, and that could lead to the activation of malicious code. Even to day as I make new folders, the preview pane is automatically there. I have many, many email folders in my outlook 2007, all of which has gotten their preview pane reactivated after a recent hard disk crash. Now I wonder: Is using the preview pane lowering the security level? Is there an easy one step way to turn off the preview pane in all folders? Is there a way to prevent Outlook to ...

Shared Mailbox #2
We have an Exchange 5.5 Server and Outlook 2003 clients and want to create a shared mailbox called 'Secretary' for two secretaries. Currently we have one secretary with a named mailbox (let's say Jane Doe) I am going to rename Jane's mailbox to Secretary and add the new secretary (Let's say Julie Citizen) to the permissions. I want the following to be able to occur: 1) Both Jane and Julie use the single shared mailbox 2) External Users can email either "Secretary" or Jane or Julie by name (jane.doe@company.com) and the mail will go to this single mailbox 3) Inte...

Exchange 5.5 disable mail relay
Hi, I have an Echange 5.5 server SP4 running on Windows 2000 server. I disabled relay but still get about 200 spam e- mails in my queue. I can delete all files under the out folder restart IMC and with 1 to 2 minutes my queue is full. I configured IMC for inbound messages until I find a fix. Please advise on what I need to do next Is the group account enabled - if it is disable it. The guest account allows mail to be sent anonymously even if relaying has been prohibited SColville "nathan@v-1.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5b4f01c3ad28$c...

lost save file
I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas where I should look or what I need to do???? I really need the folders. Thanks Search for .eml files . . . . . "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:468CD94A-33D3-45C1-8F1E-1DD5ADC164F2@microsoft.com... > I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook > express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas > where...

POP3 Access for Postini Mail Filtering
I am trying to setup Postini Mail Filtering for my companys exchange servers. Postini connects to mailboxes by using POP3 to confirm that users credentials are authentic. The only problem is that Postini connects using full email address and password where exchange will only work with with user account and password. Is there a way to get exchange to accept authentication for a user in the following way "user@domain.net" instead of "domain\user" In news:393A86B2-9C72-45C5-8E68-0C4B1802E4C5@microsoft.com, Derek <Derek@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I am...

How do I unlock e-mail?
I am using trial version and can only read e-mail. How do I unlock the documents to make modifications? if the trial expired, you'll need to buy a copy of office and enter the cd key to unlock it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "MS ...