Lost folders #3

One way or the other all the folders I added to my OUTLOOK 2000 are
gone. They can't even be found in de deleted folder.
Size of the PST file leaves me with some hope that they have not yet
been removed completely.

Anyone out there who can show me where they have gone?

Theo P

0
theo8870 (2)

deleted folder
Icannot empty my deleted box allo ar once only one at a time "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:221DFD33-3CC9-47F5-8A51-2E3058A64AA5@microsoft.com... > Icannot empty my deleted box allo ar once only one at a time Enable the spell checker please, and try again. mac Hello Tim, The options in PROBLEM ONE of the tutorial below may be able to help you get this sorted. http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62560-windows-mail-problems.html Hope this helps, Shawn tim;1209818 Wrote: > Icannot empty my deleted box allo ar...

Public Folders using Outlook 97
We have several users still using Windows 98 running Office 97 connected to our Exchange server in Windows SBS 2003 server. How do I get the public folders to show up in this older version of Outlook? Thanks Ron If the user has permission to view the folders, they should appear in = the Folder List.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Ron Boetger" <rboetger@bblink.net> wrote in message = news:9je3511te7i986ampmsb8t...

Lost Formatting When tab is copied
My problem would seem to be very basic. I have a table that has values with dollars in columns and then a rate (i.e. one cell less another and then divide) in percentage format. When I copy an existing tab either into the same workbook or into a new workbook, many of my percent formats change to dollar format. This happens no matter what page I copy and it happens on pages that I am not even touching or copying. Often times these cells that lose their formatting are next to cells that are in dollar format that are pulling their data from pivot table. Could this have anything to do with it? ...

Shortcuts to folders: Outlook 2003 #2
Hi there, I have just started using Outlook 2003. In Outlook 2002 (XP?) it was possible to create a shortcut link to a folder in the file system into which emails could be dragged and dropped. This does not seem possible in Outlook 2003. Can this be done or not? TIA, Kim. Kim Bracknell <no_spam_please_kbracknell_at_foi.wa.gov.au> wrote: > Hi there, I have just started using Outlook 2003. In Outlook 2002 > (XP?) it was possible to create a shortcut link to a folder in the > file system into which emails could be dragged and dropped. This does > not seem possible in Outloo...

Change Folder List order
I'm running OL 2003 SP2 under XP Pro. In my Outlook Folder List I have 4 open folders: MAIN, Archive 1995-2000, Archive 2000-2005, and Other. That's the order in which they appear. I'd like to move "Other" up into the 2nd position, but can't figure out how to change the order. How do I do this? you'll have to rename it - outlook puts the non-default folder sets in alphabetical order. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Task...

how to remove e-mail attachments from public folders
Is there way to configure public folders to strip and remove e-mail attachments, when users move emails from their inbox to the public folders? In my public folders I have setup a lets say projects folder for users to move e-mails they get from outside vendors involving different projects. The problem I have is this; E-mails come with file attachments and users forget to delete the attachments before they move the e-mails to the project folder. As result my public folder has grown too large. Is there a way I can set things up when an e-mail is moved from the users inbox to the public fo...

Opening other user's folder in Entourage X
Does anyone know how to open other user's folders, such as Calendar, in Entourage X (Mac version of Outlook)? Thanks for your assistance, John Try posting in a Mac Entourage group - the applications are very different. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, john smith asked: | Does anyone know how to open other user's folders, such as Calendar, | in Entourage X (Mac version o...

What was lost is found
Some of you may recall my frantic thrashing around here when I reinstalled my OS (Win XP) and had to reinstall Publisher 98 but could not find the installation disk. With a tweak here and a cludge there I was able to reinstall from the Publisher directory on the drive. (Don't ever install to the Windows/Program Files directory. Give each application its own root directory.) But the reinstall, though good enough to retrieve all my *.pub files and create new ones, lacks a few features, like hyphenation, spellcheck, etc. But today, what was lost is found. The installation disk turned ...

Customising Outlook defaults for new folders.
Is there a way to set the default settings for new Outlook folders? I am using Outlook 2003. I personally do not like the reading pane, I find emails sorted in group difficult to read and I also find the default ordering of the columns in the list of message quite unproductive for me. I appreciate the many may like the defalt order, however I would simply like to have the option of establishing the defaults I find most productive. Have I missed something in the Outlook set-up options? View->Current View->Customize. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the gro...

2005 Deluxe
Upgraded from 2003. Seems like I've lost functionality. Can't find how to separate catagory entry between category and subcategory (all one entry now). Also can't find the MoneySide FollowUP Notes that I used to have on the home page. Am I not looking in the right place? Thanks. MoneySide has been gone since M04. You are, IIRC, the second person to post here having noticed. As to dual cat lists: see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. BTW, you are supposed to prefer single list. "Elliot" <Elliot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9082426-5...

Can I remove the Favorites folder from the public folders tree?
The subject line pretty much says it all. thanks all. "Armin" <armin@musicarc.org> wrote: >The subject line pretty much says it all. > >thanks all. No. That folder is there for end users to synchronise public folders to their OST's. It's not on the exchange server, it's on the client. Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm & http:http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq.htm ...

Permissions on public folders
I want to lock down the public folders so that users cannot download the contact information they contain to handheld units. I also do not want them to be able to copy, cut, download, export, etc. this information, either from their desktop or using OWA. Outlook 2000, Exchange Server 2000. Thanks! Not really possible. You could have everyone use terminal services to access the server instead of running Outlook locally - this will stop them from syncing to a handheld, but you can't stop them from copying, forwarding, anything to which they have read access. Angie wrote: > I want ...

Importing CRM 3.0 Workflows in CRM 4.0?
Is there anyway to do this? Thanks I believe that you should Upgrade them to the CRM 4.0 (can do on test system )and then import in your CRM 4.0 production system. ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ On Sep 4, 5:42 pm, Aamir Bashir <whatels...@gmail.com> wrote: > I believe that you should Upgrade them to the CRM 4.0 (can do on test > system )and then import in your CRM 4.0 production system. > > ------ > Aamir > > Blog =http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ u must do only upgradation.When u upgrade the workflows from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 some ch...

lost save file
I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas where I should look or what I need to do???? I really need the folders. Thanks Search for .eml files . . . . . "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:468CD94A-33D3-45C1-8F1E-1DD5ADC164F2@microsoft.com... > I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook > express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas > where...

Accessing documents in public folders slow after move
I originally had a single server Exchange 2000 orgnization and decided to upgrade to Exchange 2003 by adding a an Exchange 2003 server and performing the steps in kb art. 822931, "How to Remove the First Exchange 2003 Server Computer from the Site". I have not uninstalled Exchange from the original server yet, but it is turned off for a few days to see if any problems arise without it. The problem i observe is this: When opening documents that have been published in PF`s Outlook appears to hang, a 20k word document may take up to two minutes to load. Plenty bandwith avail...

Conversion from access 97 to 2002/ DAO 3.51 to 3.6
Hi, We recently upgraded an access 97 file to 2002. As a result all our code required DAO 3.6 to access the database. Our VB application seems to be reading fine, but our C++ dll is running soooo slowly in comparison. Any idea what it could be since both pieces of code are both using the same DAO 3.6 library. NOTE: both worked relatively fast in DAO 3.51 in access 97. Michael -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com "Michael Jones via AccessMonster.com" <forum@AccessMonster.com> wrote in message news:e791a0856e5e4054a616bebc5a048b4b@AccessMonster.com... >...

Mail preview in e-mail folders
Hi.... I've learned many years ago that the preview pane in email folders in outlook was a sin. The email had to be opened to be shown, and that could lead to the activation of malicious code. Even to day as I make new folders, the preview pane is automatically there. I have many, many email folders in my outlook 2007, all of which has gotten their preview pane reactivated after a recent hard disk crash. Now I wonder: Is using the preview pane lowering the security level? Is there an easy one step way to turn off the preview pane in all folders? Is there a way to prevent Outlook to ...

Lost Outlook email
----------------------------------------------------------------------- A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see th results, please visit http://www.outlookforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5370 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Question: Am I hosed - YE - PROBABL - MAYB - N ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I downloaded my email from the server, got a message that some of th rest of my mail couldn't be retrieved, closed outlook, re-opened it and the messages I had already retrieved ...

How to check Public Folder Content has fully replicated?
Hi, I am near the end of an Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 migration and have just created replicas of my public folders on the new Exchange 2003 public folder server. Is there any way I can check that the content for the public folders have fully replicated to the new 2003 public folder server? The Pub.ebd on both servers are different sizes (the exchange 2003 is bigger). We have over 7000 public folders, so it is not a realistic to check the size of each public folder on 5.5 then on 2003. Can anyone suggest a utility that will compare the number of messages on each server within the publ...

Lost security on modified reports
It appears that access has been lost to modified reports. I checked security and access to the appropriate modified reports is selected, but I can not access them, nor can other users. We work in a Citrix environment and all users access the forms and reports from the server, not local workstations. I have unmarked and marked access and logged out and back in, but with no luck. Any suggestions? Have you tried using Advanced Security's Verify Security feature to check that all the security records are correct, valid and undamaged? It is worth a try. PS: You can also use Advan...

[CRM 3.0] How to delete the MSDN licence
I have a customer where the MSDN 10 user CRM licence was installed instead of the trail licence. They now how the proper licence key - however - the licence manager wont let me delete or change the key. How do I delete the key? - so I can install the correct one. ...

lost portfolio dat
i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? In microsoft.public.money, mark wrote: >i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its >gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? You saved it as *.inv or "my portfolio Backup.mbf"? The group for MSN Money is microsoft.public.moneycentral. ...

Is this possible? #3
Hi, I have imported some telephone call data for our organisation. All the phone numbers appear as normal ie 01234567890 except for some which are prefixed by 162 (this is a necessary part of our setup) so that they appear 16201234567890. Is there any way of deleting the 162 part? I have tried a find and replace but didn't have the correct results. thanks ...

Moving from 3.0
Hi Have a production enviroment with one server running CRM 3.0 (32 bit) installation with a SQL 2005 db backend (32 bit SQL cluster) There's some existing customization, wf and import jobs. Now we would like to install CRM 4.0 on 2 64 bit servers (frontend with hardware LB) and with the same 2005 backend (a planned SQL upgrade to 64 bit are later in 2008) What are the step in this? - are this a straight forward process like: 1. Stop all the CRM Services 2. Backup the 32 bit Database 3. Restore Database to a New database (NewCrmDb) 4. Install CRM 4.0 on server 1 and 2 and point them t...

lost folders
A friend whose computer runs WinXP fully updated just lost her Outlook Express Inbox, Drafts, and Sent Items folders. She says it happened after this week's Automatic Update. She found the Inbox and Drafts in her Recycle Bin, but her Sent Items folder seems to have disappeared. She hadn't overloaded any of the folders. There were 38 messages in Sent Items. I had her check her Store folder just to make sure, and there is no Sent Items folder there. Prior to the update, and now as well, she has been getting a large number of messages wanting to compact her OE folders. Th...