Lost folder

I seem to have lost an Outlook folder.  It contained e-
mail messages.  Does anyone know if there is a way to get
it back?
0
anonymous (74717)

If the folder resides in an Exchange mailbox then it is possible using
Exchange. If the folder is in a Persona Folder File (.pst) then the only
way to get it back is if it is in the Deleted Items folder. Otherwise we
have no way of retrieving the folder.

Robert Findlay
Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Setup
Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications

--------------------
>From: "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
>Sender: "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
>Subject: Lost folder
>Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 05:42:13 -0700
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook
>
>I seem to have lost an Outlook folder.  It contained e-
>mail messages.  Does anyone know if there is a way to get
>it back?

0
RFINDLAY (147)

deleted folder
Icannot empty my deleted box allo ar once only one at a time "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:221DFD33-3CC9-47F5-8A51-2E3058A64AA5@microsoft.com... > Icannot empty my deleted box allo ar once only one at a time Enable the spell checker please, and try again. mac Hello Tim, The options in PROBLEM ONE of the tutorial below may be able to help you get this sorted. http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62560-windows-mail-problems.html Hope this helps, Shawn tim;1209818 Wrote: > Icannot empty my deleted box allo ar...

Lost Formatting When tab is copied
My problem would seem to be very basic. I have a table that has values with dollars in columns and then a rate (i.e. one cell less another and then divide) in percentage format. When I copy an existing tab either into the same workbook or into a new workbook, many of my percent formats change to dollar format. This happens no matter what page I copy and it happens on pages that I am not even touching or copying. Often times these cells that lose their formatting are next to cells that are in dollar format that are pulling their data from pivot table. Could this have anything to do with it? ...

Public Folders using Outlook 97
We have several users still using Windows 98 running Office 97 connected to our Exchange server in Windows SBS 2003 server. How do I get the public folders to show up in this older version of Outlook? Thanks Ron If the user has permission to view the folders, they should appear in = the Folder List.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Ron Boetger" <rboetger@bblink.net> wrote in message = news:9je3511te7i986ampmsb8t...

Change Folder List order
I'm running OL 2003 SP2 under XP Pro. In my Outlook Folder List I have 4 open folders: MAIN, Archive 1995-2000, Archive 2000-2005, and Other. That's the order in which they appear. I'd like to move "Other" up into the 2nd position, but can't figure out how to change the order. How do I do this? you'll have to rename it - outlook puts the non-default folder sets in alphabetical order. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Task...

Shortcuts to folders: Outlook 2003 #2
Hi there, I have just started using Outlook 2003. In Outlook 2002 (XP?) it was possible to create a shortcut link to a folder in the file system into which emails could be dragged and dropped. This does not seem possible in Outlook 2003. Can this be done or not? TIA, Kim. Kim Bracknell <no_spam_please_kbracknell_at_foi.wa.gov.au> wrote: > Hi there, I have just started using Outlook 2003. In Outlook 2002 > (XP?) it was possible to create a shortcut link to a folder in the > file system into which emails could be dragged and dropped. This does > not seem possible in Outloo...

Opening other user's folder in Entourage X
Does anyone know how to open other user's folders, such as Calendar, in Entourage X (Mac version of Outlook)? Thanks for your assistance, John Try posting in a Mac Entourage group - the applications are very different. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, john smith asked: | Does anyone know how to open other user's folders, such as Calendar, | in Entourage X (Mac version o...

how to remove e-mail attachments from public folders
Is there way to configure public folders to strip and remove e-mail attachments, when users move emails from their inbox to the public folders? In my public folders I have setup a lets say projects folder for users to move e-mails they get from outside vendors involving different projects. The problem I have is this; E-mails come with file attachments and users forget to delete the attachments before they move the e-mails to the project folder. As result my public folder has grown too large. Is there a way I can set things up when an e-mail is moved from the users inbox to the public fo...

What was lost is found
Some of you may recall my frantic thrashing around here when I reinstalled my OS (Win XP) and had to reinstall Publisher 98 but could not find the installation disk. With a tweak here and a cludge there I was able to reinstall from the Publisher directory on the drive. (Don't ever install to the Windows/Program Files directory. Give each application its own root directory.) But the reinstall, though good enough to retrieve all my *.pub files and create new ones, lacks a few features, like hyphenation, spellcheck, etc. But today, what was lost is found. The installation disk turned ...

Customising Outlook defaults for new folders.
Is there a way to set the default settings for new Outlook folders? I am using Outlook 2003. I personally do not like the reading pane, I find emails sorted in group difficult to read and I also find the default ordering of the columns in the list of message quite unproductive for me. I appreciate the many may like the defalt order, however I would simply like to have the option of establishing the defaults I find most productive. Have I missed something in the Outlook set-up options? View->Current View->Customize. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the gro...

2005 Deluxe
Upgraded from 2003. Seems like I've lost functionality. Can't find how to separate catagory entry between category and subcategory (all one entry now). Also can't find the MoneySide FollowUP Notes that I used to have on the home page. Am I not looking in the right place? Thanks. MoneySide has been gone since M04. You are, IIRC, the second person to post here having noticed. As to dual cat lists: see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. BTW, you are supposed to prefer single list. "Elliot" <Elliot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9082426-5...

Can I remove the Favorites folder from the public folders tree?
The subject line pretty much says it all. thanks all. "Armin" <armin@musicarc.org> wrote: >The subject line pretty much says it all. > >thanks all. No. That folder is there for end users to synchronise public folders to their OST's. It's not on the exchange server, it's on the client. Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm & http:http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq.htm ...

Permissions on public folders
I want to lock down the public folders so that users cannot download the contact information they contain to handheld units. I also do not want them to be able to copy, cut, download, export, etc. this information, either from their desktop or using OWA. Outlook 2000, Exchange Server 2000. Thanks! Not really possible. You could have everyone use terminal services to access the server instead of running Outlook locally - this will stop them from syncing to a handheld, but you can't stop them from copying, forwarding, anything to which they have read access. Angie wrote: > I want ...

Accessing documents in public folders slow after move
I originally had a single server Exchange 2000 orgnization and decided to upgrade to Exchange 2003 by adding a an Exchange 2003 server and performing the steps in kb art. 822931, "How to Remove the First Exchange 2003 Server Computer from the Site". I have not uninstalled Exchange from the original server yet, but it is turned off for a few days to see if any problems arise without it. The problem i observe is this: When opening documents that have been published in PF`s Outlook appears to hang, a 20k word document may take up to two minutes to load. Plenty bandwith avail...

lost save file
I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas where I should look or what I need to do???? I really need the folders. Thanks Search for .eml files . . . . . "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:468CD94A-33D3-45C1-8F1E-1DD5ADC164F2@microsoft.com... > I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook > express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas > where...

Mail preview in e-mail folders
Hi.... I've learned many years ago that the preview pane in email folders in outlook was a sin. The email had to be opened to be shown, and that could lead to the activation of malicious code. Even to day as I make new folders, the preview pane is automatically there. I have many, many email folders in my outlook 2007, all of which has gotten their preview pane reactivated after a recent hard disk crash. Now I wonder: Is using the preview pane lowering the security level? Is there an easy one step way to turn off the preview pane in all folders? Is there a way to prevent Outlook to ...

Lost Outlook email
----------------------------------------------------------------------- A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see th results, please visit http://www.outlookforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5370 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Question: Am I hosed - YE - PROBABL - MAYB - N ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I downloaded my email from the server, got a message that some of th rest of my mail couldn't be retrieved, closed outlook, re-opened it and the messages I had already retrieved ...

How to check Public Folder Content has fully replicated?
Hi, I am near the end of an Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 migration and have just created replicas of my public folders on the new Exchange 2003 public folder server. Is there any way I can check that the content for the public folders have fully replicated to the new 2003 public folder server? The Pub.ebd on both servers are different sizes (the exchange 2003 is bigger). We have over 7000 public folders, so it is not a realistic to check the size of each public folder on 5.5 then on 2003. Can anyone suggest a utility that will compare the number of messages on each server within the publ...

Lost security on modified reports
It appears that access has been lost to modified reports. I checked security and access to the appropriate modified reports is selected, but I can not access them, nor can other users. We work in a Citrix environment and all users access the forms and reports from the server, not local workstations. I have unmarked and marked access and logged out and back in, but with no luck. Any suggestions? Have you tried using Advanced Security's Verify Security feature to check that all the security records are correct, valid and undamaged? It is worth a try. PS: You can also use Advan...

lost portfolio dat
i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? In microsoft.public.money, mark wrote: >i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its >gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? You saved it as *.inv or "my portfolio Backup.mbf"? The group for MSN Money is microsoft.public.moneycentral. ...

lost folders
A friend whose computer runs WinXP fully updated just lost her Outlook Express Inbox, Drafts, and Sent Items folders. She says it happened after this week's Automatic Update. She found the Inbox and Drafts in her Recycle Bin, but her Sent Items folder seems to have disappeared. She hadn't overloaded any of the folders. There were 38 messages in Sent Items. I had her check her Store folder just to make sure, and there is no Sent Items folder there. Prior to the update, and now as well, she has been getting a large number of messages wanting to compact her OE folders. Th...

lost authenticity number
I cannot find my authenticity number for my disk. Is there any way to get the number off of my computer? If you mean your Product Key, you can call Micorosft for it. I'm assuming you have to reload Publisher? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Amy Gentzyel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ecd01c48d27$cfcdaba0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I cannot find my authenticity number for my disk. Is > there any way to get the number off of my computer? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://w...

upgraded from MS98 to XP pro and lost emails in Outlook Express
I just did an upgrade from Windows 98 to Windows Xp pro. That went fine but when i checked my email in Outlook Express all my old emaisl were gone. How do i get them back? >-----Original Message----- >I just did an upgrade from Windows 98 to Windows Xp pro. >That went fine but when i checked my email in Outlook >Express all my old emaisl were gone. How do i get them >back? >. >I have just upgraded also, I have the problem when I export my mail and import to XP all attachments are gone! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Offi...

newsgroup access lost
Hi y'all, I set up access to Newsgroups by adding to the Go Menu as per on-line directions. I used the newsgroup and shut the program. Somewhere along the way it disappeared. I tried to set it up again, but now it's missing (completely). I tried a repair. No good. Any suggestions? Thanks. Robert Do a hard reset on the Toolbar by renaming outcmd.dat to outcmd.old. You should then be able to add it again. Also see the following for more options; http://www.sparnaaij.net/faq/news.htm -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outloo...

Lost Email after Uninstall
I uninstalled Outlook XP, then relized that I forgot to backup my emails. Did I really loose my email or did Microsoft's uninstall program leave the email file somewhere. I have looked for .pst and ..dbx files but can't find any. Thanks, strad Uninstalling never removes your PST file. Keep looking. Make sure you've enabled the display and search of hidden folders. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "strad" <stradwork@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c90a0f78.0310300748.3897db85@posting.google.com... > I uninstalled Outlook XP, then relized that I forgot to backup...

7MC Movie Folder Display
Back in the a kept my movies in neat little folders under the 'Video' group. I could click on video and see my shares, click on a share and see some movies and some folders, and dig through the file structure. Now. . . 7MC offers me a 'Movie' group and I moved my movies there, but now my file structure disolved and I lost the ability to sort on file date. Mmm. . . Any way to get that back? Bill? If you are listening. I don't mind that you decide for America how they should view their videos with your software, but it seems to me that it would be easier t...