Lost Emails & Contacts

I have one user that has lost all of her Outlook information.  We're on a
Windows SBS 2003 network with roaming profiles.  I moved the system from one
desk to another and after rebooting the machine all the information is gone.
It sort of acts like Outlook somehow created a duplicate profile.  If I try
to change which address book it shows two different ones call contacts.  One
of them has her contacts and the other is empty.  When you click contacts on
the main screen it will not show the profile that has the information.
Also, all of the email folders are gone and are reset back to the new
account settings.  In Outlook Express I would re-import the old emails from
the Identities folder but I can't get that to work in Outlook.  Does anyone
have any suggestions where the information might be and how I can get it
back?

Thanks for the help!

0
jw2554 (5)

John W <jw2554@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have one user that has lost all of her Outlook information.  We're
> on a Windows SBS 2003 network with roaming profiles.  I moved the
> system from one desk to another and after rebooting the machine all
> the information is gone. It sort of acts like Outlook somehow created
> a duplicate profile.  If I try to change which address book it shows
> two different ones call contacts.  One of them has her contacts and
> the other is empty.  When you click contacts on the main screen it
> will not show the profile that has the information. Also, all of the
> email folders are gone and are reset back to the new account
> settings.  In Outlook Express I would re-import the old emails from
> the Identities folder but I can't get that to work in Outlook.  Does
> anyone have any suggestions where the information might be and how I
> can get it back?

Sounds like the mail profile is damaged.  Create a new one and point it at
your existing PST.  Do not use import.
http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
12/12/2007 3:38:06 AM
That solved my problem...thanks for the help!

> John W <jw2554@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> I have one user that has lost all of her Outlook information.  We're
>> on a Windows SBS 2003 network with roaming profiles.  I moved the
>> system from one desk to another and after rebooting the machine all
>> the information is gone. It sort of acts like Outlook somehow created
>> a duplicate profile.  If I try to change which address book it shows
>> two different ones call contacts.  One of them has her contacts and
>> the other is empty.  When you click contacts on the main screen it
>> will not show the profile that has the information. Also, all of the
>> email folders are gone and are reset back to the new account
>> settings.  In Outlook Express I would re-import the old emails from
>> the Identities folder but I can't get that to work in Outlook.  Does
>> anyone have any suggestions where the information might be and how I
>> can get it back?
>
> Sounds like the mail profile is damaged.  Create a new one and point it at
> your existing PST.  Do not use import.
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
jw2554 (5)

Lost Formatting When tab is copied
My problem would seem to be very basic. I have a table that has values with dollars in columns and then a rate (i.e. one cell less another and then divide) in percentage format. When I copy an existing tab either into the same workbook or into a new workbook, many of my percent formats change to dollar format. This happens no matter what page I copy and it happens on pages that I am not even touching or copying. Often times these cells that lose their formatting are next to cells that are in dollar format that are pulling their data from pivot table. Could this have anything to do with it? ...

Adding an email Signature
Hi, are there any workarounds to adding an email signature in CRM except by going through exchange? I don't believe this is possible by default in CRM. You might look into user specific templates, but I don't know if this will solve it (or is workable). Maybe there are some 3rd party tools for this. Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlands "Kuvenp" wrote: > Hi, are there any workarounds to adding an email signature in CRM except by > going through exchange? There's no way to automatically add a signature, but each user can create a template for this purpose (To...

Filtering outgoing emails
Hello, I has post this question before with no answer. I will try to explain it better. I have Exchange 2003. I have created a lot of Address Lists in Exchange based on AD users, contacts(with external addresses) and groups. Now I need to set up a filter to restrict all sended mails to permit send only to addresses of my Address Lists. I need to know if this is possible, if not I have to workarround other possibilities. Thanks. ...

undeliverable email to known email adresses
I noticed our exchange2000 server is rejecting emails sent to known email adresses within our company. As this is not happening all the time, I'm trying to find out what's going on. I'm sending al the ndr's to a specail email account to find out what's all being rejected. My question in this case is: has anyone heard of this strange behavior? And is there a way to let all email to unknown adresses in my domain (temporarely) go to a specific email address? Thanks in advance. My last company got hundreds of these per day - all were SPAM. Some were close to existing ...

can not send emails #2
i have outlook 2003 and can receive emails but not send. I get several different types of errors. One is 0x800ccc78. Sometimes the error says check the email address. Another time it says Server responded 530 Authentication required. I have tried to add my email again but nothing is working yet. I also have incredimail add in with my outlook. I also downloaded Business Contact manager. Help Check if you need POP befor SMTP settings. Make sure your Email Account settings from providor and Outlook 2003 settings http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287532 &quo...

My reply emails are appearing unwanted in inbox
When I reply to any email, the same email I send out (the reply) also appears in my inbox. I do not know how to fix this. vandal <vandal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I reply to any email, the same email I send out (the reply) also > appears in my inbox. I do not know how to fix this. Using gmail by chance? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] What version of Outlook are you using? I ask because some versions are a bit different from others, and the instructions below would be better suited for you if I knew what version. However, I will go on the assumption that you hav...

Outlook Duplicate Email Remover from MAPILabs???
Has anyone used the Outlook Duplicate Email Remover from MAPILabs? I purchased it online and installed it - using it on Outlook XP. I have had problems since I installed it and I don't know if it has anything to do with this tool, or it is something else that is causing it. Has anyone heard of problems with using this tool or the company MAPILabs? My main Outlook folder got corrupted and I had to go back to a backup copy, since I had lost all my Calendar and many of my contacts info, and possibly some of my emails - after running an Outlook .pst repair using the Outlook repair tool...

What was lost is found
Some of you may recall my frantic thrashing around here when I reinstalled my OS (Win XP) and had to reinstall Publisher 98 but could not find the installation disk. With a tweak here and a cludge there I was able to reinstall from the Publisher directory on the drive. (Don't ever install to the Windows/Program Files directory. Give each application its own root directory.) But the reinstall, though good enough to retrieve all my *.pub files and create new ones, lacks a few features, like hyphenation, spellcheck, etc. But today, what was lost is found. The installation disk turned ...

Outlook crashing when replying to email
I have 1 user in my organization whose Outlook 12 crashes sometimes when he replies to another e-mail. There is no rhyme or reason to when this happens that I can find. I have done a repair on his outlook, tried disabling all ADD-INS and some other things. Here are the errors I am getting in my event viewer: Application log: Faulting application outlook.exe, version 12.0.6514.5000, stamp 4a89dc70, faulting module mso.dll, version 12.0.6425.1000, stamp 49d65443, debug? 0, fault address 0x00194e6d. MS Office Diagnostics log: ID: 6, Application Name: Microsoft Office Outloo...

excel font changes in email
Hi, We have just had office 2003 installed on one of our machines while the rest are still running on a previous version. We opened a template from our server changed it and re-saved to the server. Now when the files are emailed and opened by one of our original machines in another office they come out with a very different appearance in terms of layout and font. Anybody any suggestions, it´s driving us crazy. Thanks What were the before and after font names? If the font used on the "sending" pc doesn't exist on the "receiving" pc, then windows will do a su...

Adding Contacts #3
After saving my contacts, I can not find them when I search for them. I know it is there because when I sync with my Blackberry it appears Please help -- ljg A few questions: - are you looking at a filtered view of your contacts? - do you have multiple contact-type folders? "ljg" <ljg.4ae34de@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:ljg.4ae34de@outlookbanter.com... > > After saving my contacts, I can not find them when I search for them. I > know it is there because when I sync with my Blackberry it appears > Please help Vince Averello;315832 Wrote: &...

email sending to a group name error
I will be grateful for any help on the following. I have a short macro that sends an email message; the receipient’s address is held in a cell = s_Config.Range("Config_Email") When the receipient is a single address this works fine, but if it is sent to a group name;ie, several different people, then it errors out but usually the message is actually sent I show below the code I am using ESubject = Successful" Sendto = s_Config.Range("Config_Email") EBody = "Operation is successful" Set App = CreateObject("Outlook.Appli...

Outlook 2003
I used to use Outlook Express and was able to modify an email message's HTML source code. I can't seem to find a way to do that using Outlook. Does anyone know how that can be done? Am I missing a setting somewhere? Thank you, Tracy Outlook doesn't have a source editor. You can edit it in another html editor and paste into OL. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstic...

email #85
what does '550 relay not permitted' mean You can't send mail through a server to which you are not authenticated. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Alanmr asked: | what does '550 relay not permitted' mean ...

Finding a deleting duplicate emails in OL 2007
How can I find and delete duplicate messages in Outlook 2007? Thanks Bruce Bruce, you wrote on Sun, 19 Aug 2007 11:00:57 -0700: > How can I find and delete duplicate messages in Outlook 2007? http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/remove_duplicates/ -- Best Regards Christian Goeller http://www.outlookfaq.net ...

2005 Deluxe
Upgraded from 2003. Seems like I've lost functionality. Can't find how to separate catagory entry between category and subcategory (all one entry now). Also can't find the MoneySide FollowUP Notes that I used to have on the home page. Am I not looking in the right place? Thanks. MoneySide has been gone since M04. You are, IIRC, the second person to post here having noticed. As to dual cat lists: see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. BTW, you are supposed to prefer single list. "Elliot" <Elliot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9082426-5...

backup old emails
hi, i am going to format my hard drive so i can reinstall my operating system. i don't want to lose my outlook emails so i want to back up the old emails. i don't know where outlook stores the emails. where are they located? is there an easy way to backup the old emails? thanks. manpreet Simply copy the pst, in OL check properties of pst for location, or search to include hidden. "manpreet" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:607e01c492aa$f814e0f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > hi, > > i am going to format my hard drive so i can reins...

missing email messages
I get my incoming emails, open them to read them, and they disappear when I close them. Where are they going? What is set wrong to cause this? Do you have any view set on your in-box, such as unread messages? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding not answer: ls <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I get my incoming emails, open them to read them, and | they disappear when I close them. Where are they going? | What is set wrong to cause this...

Error creating new message. May be due to incorrect email address.
Contact data imported into Contact of Outlook 2002 in *.csv format. Error goes away after the email Display As: information is deleted. Thanks, Jim ...

why does error 0x8007000E occur when receiving emails using outloo
currently when i use outlook for email for my business email address of aemerson@leggettaustralia.com.au i receive error message 0x8007000E saying my system is out of memory or system resources, and i should close other applications although i do not have other applications open. this error message only started to occur on friday 3rd march, before that outlook was working fine. i know i have receivied new emails but until i fix this issue outlook will not download them from the bigpond server. can someone please help me fix this problem. Alan Emerson <Alan Emerson@discussions.micr...

lost save file
I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas where I should look or what I need to do???? I really need the folders. Thanks Search for .eml files . . . . . "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:468CD94A-33D3-45C1-8F1E-1DD5ADC164F2@microsoft.com... > I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook > express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas > where...

Outlook, printing pictures in an Email
Problem: When I print an Email that has pictures in the Email, the pictures do not print. All I get is a frame where the picture is on the page. Outlook help files saids: Print frames in an HTML message On the File menu in a message, click Print. Under Print frames, select an option. The problem is this menu is greyed out and I can not choose any of the options. Both my work PC(has Outlook XP) and Home PC (has Outlook 2000) have the same problem. Does any one have a fix??? ...

Programmatically Send Email in CRM
Hello Is there a way to Programmatically send an email using CRM SDK? I tried Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.CRMEmail = new Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.CRMEmail(); But then, i dont know what to do after this. There are no methods to send email or set the Body text etc. Please advice. Thanks, Ruf try posting this question in microsoft.public.crm.developer "ruf" <maruf.dolani@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1110466388.600535.80360@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hello > Is there a way to Programmatically send an email using CRM SDK? I > tried > Microsoft.C...

Preventing users from emailing everyone in the GAL
I read Nuevo's response to Rickdvr73 about restricting access to the GAL. I am not an Exchange expert so I do not know if that is the best solution for us. My question is this: what is the best way to allow only certain users to email all users in the GAL and prevent the rest from doing the same? Thank you for your help. Chris The only way I know of to do this is through the Delivery Options settings on each recipient where you can restrict who can send to the user or contact. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Chri...

closing email--how do I get my emails back into yahoo
I'm new to Outlook. I set up my email account but decided to remove it. Now the emails that were in my yahoo inbox are in outlook and I want to get them back into yahoo. How do I do this after removing the email account? bella0003, you wrote on Fri, 15 Feb 2008 22:29:00 -0800: > I'm new to Outlook. I set up my email account but decided to remove it. Now > the emails that were in my yahoo inbox are in outlook and I want to get them > back into yahoo. How do I do this after removing the email account? Not at all, at least not in the original format. You would ha...