Loss of Functionality #2

One of our clients recently upgraded from sp2 to sp3 for Outlook 2002. After
doing so, they noticed the following problem...

When inserting an attachment in an email, with Rich Text set and without
Word as the email editor, the client often needs to rename the attachments in
the body of the email by right-clicking on it, selecting properties, and
changing the Label name. This would then change the name of the attachment.
This worked great with Outlook 2002 sp2 but the attachment name fails to
change after upgrading to sp3. The function is still there but when you type
in a new name and press Enter, nothing happens. I've also noticed that this
function doesn't work in Outlook 2003. A simple function but very valuable to
this client since they send many different documents (forms) to various
customers and it would be to cumbersome and time consuming to have to rename
the actual document, attach it to an email, and then rename it again in order
to attach to another email. They used to just drag the 'standard' document
'form' into the body of the email, right-click, and type in the new name.

I've searched all over to see if anyone else has noticed this problem and
was unable to find anything about it on TechNet. Does Microsoft know about
this loss of functionality? Is there a fix?

Any information about this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
DMike
0
DMike (2)

GetClipBox #2
hi.. i am making a grid..and i am doin it like this for(int x = 10 ; x <= 2000 ; x += 10) { pDC->MoveTo(x, -10); pDC->LineTo(x, -1000/*pDoc->GetGridWidth() */); } for(int y = -10 ; y >= -1000 ; y -=10) { pDC->MoveTo(10, y); pDC->LineTo(2000, y); the grid is fine... i am uing a CScrollView and so when i scroll the whole thing blinks and looks bad... so i want to use GetClipBox.. if i use it..can someone pls help me out as to how should i implement it in my above code??? CRect clipBoxRect; pDC->GetClipBox(&clipBoxRect);//what should i do with it???...

Call a function in some sheets
Hello all I'm creating a code in sheet1, it works fine, but now I need to use the same code in sheet2 without write again the code. Also I need to change the name Sheet1 for another name. In other words, I need a code that can runs in any sheet. Thanks for your time and sugestions. henpat (Excel 2003 SP2) Is it a function in that workbook used in a worksheet? If so, precede with the book name ='my book.xls'!myFunc() -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "henpat" <henpat63@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eM16L8ZJG...

print 2 or 4 work weeks per page?
I can't seem to print multiple work weeks on the same page. Is this a printer option or is there something in Outlook 2002 that allows me to do this? I don't see any option available. ...

signature pad only #2
I only want to use singature pad for credit card sales. I was thinking of buying TOPAZ SIGLITE SIGNATURE CAPTURE PAD, 1 X 5, USB is this compatible with rms? does the signature shows in journal incase we have to send copy of singature to the card company? Any suggestion will be helpful thanks faiz the officially supported list doesn't include Topaz: HHP TT1500, TT3101, TT8810, TT8810 Hypercom Optimum L4100 NCR RealPOS 5992 I have gotten the Topaz SignatureGem 1x5 to work after installing the disk and then installing the OPOS driver from the website. The SigLite does not have...

vlookup function
I am doing grading using excel. For grade percentages, I would like to have the letter grade automatically calculated rather than figuring out each student individually. The grade percentages are broken into 10s, each one gets the next letter and after 60 is an F. How do I enter the formula to automatically process the letter grade. Any help you can give me is much appreciated. Thanks.:confused: ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Blinkerbox, I've ...

Weight loss line chart to monitor weight loss progress
Does anyone know how I can set up a database to log my weight loss and then create a line chart based on that information so I can see how well i'm doing?? 12 and a half pound so far in 6 weeks....i'm so pleased and would like to see it in the form of a graph... Please help You could look at it in terms of % loss or BMI. or actual loss. It's up to you. What do need to know? "S Fox" <S Fox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98DCE8CD-2FF0-4C15-8376-5D34E278524A@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how I can set up a database to log my weigh...

Outlook 2002 Client #2
when emailing a local distribution list some receipents can open and view list, while others only see attachmentname.msg and when attachment is opened nothing is displayed. What causes this and how can it be resolved? Hello, OL02 security. You cant opened mdb, exe, bat, com and and and But you could set them free in the registry. Or you use a programm to unlock OL Look here for it http://www.outlook-hilfe.de/tools-cat-2-80-titleA-10.html >-----Original Message----- >when emailing a local distribution list some receipents >can open and view list, while others only see >at...

Ignore Other Applications #2
When you attempt to open a Microsoft Excel file from File Manager (or the Finder if you are using Microsoft Excel for the Apple Macintosh) or any program other than Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Excel is activated but the worksheet remains closed and/or you get Cannot find file error. The fix is 1. On the Tools menu, click Options. Select the General tab. 2. Clear the “Ignore Other Applications” check box and click OK. Now I have seen this Q/A many times in this discussion group, but I have different question WHY WOULD ANYBODY WANT TO USE “Ignore Other Applications”? It is there for some reas...

importing #2
cannot find a way to import messages from netscape 7.0.any suggestions? ...

Restaurant or renting functionality
Does RMS have any way of being configured to handle restaurant or renting business? -- FRB I'm sorry to say that you cannot easily, out of the box, accomplish either of theses tasks. You will find though that a number of people on this forum should be able to offer you this functionality through add-in, including us. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE) rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office) 320-230-1796 (Fax) "FRB" <fbigot@abs4u.net> wrote in message news:6A2FB267-1ED2-4919-9729-2D6...

Working with Different workbooks #2
Dear Receipient, I would like to know how to open two different excel files in two different workbooks, in other words... I want to see both files on the taskbar and not only one of them and the other is stacked somewhere behind it. Thanks and Regards, ...

Consignment Sales #2
We have a division in the company doing consignment sales. We receive a container of items from suppliers as a consignment and sell for them in the market price (the cost of items and sales price is not clear for us, we dont need to know). After finishing the items we deduct a commission percentage and expenses from the total sales and return the balance to the supplier. Ex: Total Sales 100,000 Custom Fees -2000 Labor Charge -3000 Commission -5000 Due to supplier 90,000 Also we have vice versa. it means we send good to customers to sell it as consignm...

IF Function Help #3
I have a project that requires me to calculate bonuses for employees. I am pretty sure that I need to use an IF function. Here is the question: If the project fees do not exceed estimates the manager receives an 100 bonus. Algebraically, this is Bonus=(actual-projected)*bonus rate if (actual-projected)>0, 100 otherwise. Create a formula that calculates the project manager bonus. This is a completely different language that I just can't seem to decipher. If anyone can help, that would be great! =if(actual - projected > 0, (actual - projected) * bonusRate, 100) -- HTH, Barb R...

Any way to use "standard" Excel functions inside VBA functions
I am new to this group, so don't mind if I ask somthing that is too easy for you. My question is whether I may use all "standard" Excel 2007 functions. I would like to find interval in which some function returns "#NUM!" although it must not, because all parameters are inside "permited ranges". My idea is to start with some interval [A, B] for which A is "acceptable" argument and B is "unacceptable" argument, and, by halving it (C=A+(B-A)/2.0) and asking : IF C is "unacceptable" argument THEN B=C ELSE A=C WHILE (B-A...

Upgrading to Exchange 2003 #2
Does anyone out there have any words of advice on upgrading to Exchange 2003 from Exchange 2000. Thanks in Advance Jon Hello Jon I always recommend joining the 2003 Server to the 2000 site first and migrating the mailboxes and Public Folders over. In place upgrades can be a "challenge". 821896 How to upgrade to Exchange Server 2003 by using the swing upgrade method http://support.microsoft.com/?id=821896 -- Isaac B. Carter MCSE Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided &quo...

How do I embed FIND function in a cell
I am creating a large excel file that has lots of info that several people will need to search through that have limited computer knowledge. To make it easier on them is there a way to embed the FIND function into a cell that is easy for them to find and use. They can't seem to remember that Ctrl+F gets them what they need and they seem to lose the icon from their tool bars every time I place it there. well you could always just make a BRIGHT RED cell that tells them how to find it. "fhires" wrote: > I am creating a large excel file that has lots of info that several ...

Countif function in the same row but in alter...
I am trying to carry out a countif function in alternate cells. For example count the number of cells contaning only the letter A in cells A1, A3, A5, A7 etc..Similarly for the letters B, C and D. John, Try this SUMPRODUCT formula =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10="A"),--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$10)-CELL("row",$A$1:$A$10),2)= 0)) -- HTH RP "John@finland" <John@finland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4D03A79-B98B-451F-BA9C-96557B2E39F2@microsoft.com... > I am trying to carry out a countif function in alternate cells. For example > count the num...

Exchange 2003 truncating SMTP data #2
Hello: I posted a message about this a while back and was not able to find a solution. We are running Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2, and have discovered a problem where if a message has a single dot "." by itself on a line, the message is truncated at that dot. This only happens for outgoing messages from our Exchange server to other outside servers via SMTP. Internal messages and incoming messages are fine and don't have this problem. I believe this has something to do with the SMTP end of data character being a dot ".", but we haven't been able to figure out w...

Loss of functionality
I installed a copy of Office 2000 pro on my new machine and I did all the updates for it and lost some email functionality. On the old machine, same version of office 9.0.0.6627 SP-3, I was able to set email properties in the contact window, for ex. Display Name, email address, and email type. On the new machine I am not able to same version 9.0.0.6627 SP-3. Is there something wrong or something I am missing. Is there an update someone knows about that i dont? How about an add-on, i tried several? ...

How to check if a certain function is used
Hi What's the best way to check if a certain spreadsheet function is used in a cell? For instance, we want to check if cell A1 uses SUM function considering that A1 may contain: 1. A1 ="Sum" 2. A1 =SUM(B1:B2) 3. A1 =If(A1="Sum","True",SUM(B1:B2)) These is not a complete list of possibilities. I just wanted to show that search a formula string for certain words is not the best solution. Any ideas? Kind regards IgorM Sub dk() MsgBox Range("B2").Formula End Sub Will give you the formula used in B2. "IgorM" &...

IF function + Wildcard question
I'm trying to locate any and all email addresses in column A using the IF function and the wildcard (*) =IF(A1="*@*", TRUE, FALSE) However, all function results appear as "FALSE" when it should be "TRUE" Any suggestions? Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Try this formula =NOT(ISERROR(FIND("@",A2)>0)) -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "illhawaiian" <illhawaiian.z9khy@...

delete permanently #2
Dear Sirs, I do not want to see some mail after deleting in Delete Items folder. Can I find any macro which can delete mail permanently? Best Regards Hi QT, please Press Shift + Del -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "QT" <web_tur@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:#0mbykcaEHA.3664@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Dear Sirs, > > I do not want to see some mail after deleting in Delete Items folder. Can I > find any macro which can delete mail permanently?...

Sort continous form by 2 colums
Hello everyone Is it possible to sort a continous form by more than one field I have this Private Sub SortAZ_Name_Click() Me.OrderBy = "Surname" End Sub But I would like something like this Private Sub SortAZ_Name_Click() Me.OrderBy = "Surname" and 1stname End Sub Is this possible Thank you for your help if you can offer any tips Jane From the Help file ........... The OrderBy property is a string expression that is the name of the field or fields on which you want to sort records. When you use more than one field name, separate the names...

Trim function #3
In cell A2, I use the trim function to trim cell A1 containing a date eg 1202/09, the result in A2 is 39856. However, this 39856 is text and not date value. I therefore cannot convert it back to date after the trimming. Can someone please help? Many thanks... -- exalan Just format the cell as date to display: 2/12/2009 -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200833 On Feb 14, 7:17=A0am, exalan <exa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In cell A2, I use the trim function to trim cell > A1 containing a date eg 1202/09, the result in A2 > is 39856. However, this 39856 is text an...

Duplicate Attachments #2
We have come across a problem whereby I have sent an email with several attachments, one being a word doc and another being a ..publisher doc. Having sent the email the recipients have reported that he word doc has duplicated itself. Even in my sent items the emails shows the word doc having duplicated even though I attached it the once. Other colleagues have reported the same problem whereby attachments are duplicated on an email. We are working in outlook 2002 and have just upgraded to Exchange 2000. Has anyone seen this problem before. Many Thanks Lisa ...