Look out- server dumping Outlook 2003 emails

My server is dumping Outlook 2003 e-mails before they are
finally sent to people on the same e-mail network.
Everyone else outside this server can recieve Outlook 2003
e-mails fine, but none on the server can? What's this
server doing to me?

Have anything to do with Outlook going to unicode?
0
anonymous (74717)

What mailserver are you using? Do you only have an Exchange account
configured?
Also contact your mail administrator to doublecheck your mailbox settings.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"Nick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My server is dumping Outlook 2003 e-mails before they are
> finally sent to people on the same e-mail network.
> Everyone else outside this server can recieve Outlook 2003
> e-mails fine, but none on the server can? What's this
> server doing to me?
>
> Have anything to do with Outlook going to unicode?

0
Roady

How to Restore the Outlook Icon to the Desktop
In Outook 2003, it does not place an icon on desktop. Does anyone knows how to work oround that? Copy the shortcut of Outlook icon on the top of the Start Menu (if you don't have it displayed go to Control Panel-> Taskbar en Start Menu) to your Desktop. This shortcut also holds the right-click functionality to easily access your mail settings. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Servic...

outlook slow over vpn
this is a fairly straight forward problem. A user of mine reports that his outlook client is slow across a dsl/vpn connection to the exchange server. He says it takes a long time for the preview to appear if the e-mail is large. I noticed that it takes extra long if the message has an attachment. Does the exchange server send the entire message (attachment included) to the client when the user views the message? The real enigma is that the user claims his outlook client is getting slower and slower as time goes on. This seems like a user education problem to me but if anyone has ...

All my icons look the same (except IE8 and the recycle bin)
i cant open any windows...when i click on them the open with window pops up and wants me to pick wat i want to open it with...i can only get on the internet in safe mode with networking. and when i try to open...for example paint it says invalid bitmap, or its format is not currently supported and other windows wont even open. got any ideas on how i can fix this?? On Sun, 30 May 2010 06:54:01 -0700, xxkoreanxx wrote in message <news:999F2CE9-8E21-47DC-8BA4-BAC1F1329F6E@microsoft.com>: > i cant open any windows...when i click on them the open with window pops up > a...

Windows Server Enterprise and/or x64 editions at RMS
Will it work? I'm running SBS 2K3 with 4GB RAM (OS Max) on a 3.6Ghz P4 Xeon and this thing is just hammered. The server hosts one Store Ops DB and the HQ DB, plus HQ server. It runs an automated backup and hosts Wildfire (a private IM service). That's it. I don't run MS Exchange, I do have one printer queue that's hosted by the server, but it might print 50 pages on a busy day--many days it's none or just a few. I do host about 10 users' My Documents folders on the server, but even that traffic should be pretty easy for the server to handle. If I buy a new ...

Looking for feedback
Hey everyone just started my own business doing consulting / training for Microsoft Outlook please check out my site www.outlookchallenged.com and provide any suggestions / feedback please. Any advice is good advice at this point. Thanks -- www.outlookchallenged.com Br Sense <outlookhelp@ftard.com> wrote: > Hey everyone just started my own business doing consulting / training > for Microsoft Outlook please check out my site > www.outlookchallenged.com and provide any suggestions / feedback > please. Any advice is good advice at this point. The best advice I have to offer ...

Outlook 2003: No "AND" "OR" operator in message rules
I just upgraded from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003, and found this issue to be particularly bothersome. In Outlook Express, I could save time by using the "OR" operator when I make rules where an action takes place if the message matches any one of the criteria I list. However, when I imported those rules (and made new ones) in Outlook 2003, there is only an "AND" operator when I have several criteria. Thus my mail doesn't sort correctly. Is there any way to regain the "OR" functionality? I know it exists within each criteria (for example, if th...

2 Exchange servers how to.
I have a 2003 Exchange server. I wan't to have another Exchange 2003 server off site connected to the office via VPN. I would like to have the Offsite server to have the same e-mail as the office server so if there is some kind of disater then users could access mail from offsite. Is there some docs on how to do this? Can Exchange 2003 always send new mail to another server? so mail can be read on both servers if needed? Thanks You will need third party software to help with this. If you can wait for E12, there will be some built in support for creating a disastery recovery ser...

Link server Identity column insert question?
We have a link server I am tryinjg to connect and insert into a table that has a unique primary key index. Default server option is identity insert on. I tried chaging identity insert off via source server but it would not let me. Please let me know if you have any specific ideas on how I can make this work. SQL (texassqldba@gmail.com) writes: > We have a link server I am tryinjg to connect and insert into a table > that has a unique primary key index. Default server option is identity > insert on. I tried chaging identity insert off via source server but > it would not l...

Anyone tried Security Manager 2010 for Microsoft Outlook?
http://www.add-in-express.com/outlook-security/index.php "Need to disable Outlook security and remove such alerts? With Outlook Security Manager you can easily bypass security settings in MS Outlook and turn off an alert, or a pop-up message with just one line of code! Unlike similar tools, Outlook Security Manager doesn't transform OOM (Outlook Object Model) and CDO (Collaboration Data Objects) calls to Extended MAPI calls and doesn't make development more complicated by its own special objects." The "unlike similar tools" part sounds like a shot across...

on exchange server mime
on my exchange 2003 OWA when accessing it is showing that it wants to install the following file. I have blocked it But wants to know is it from microsoft. ? mime control version class mimectl.dll This is not the default behavior. Is this happening to all users? What browser do they have? Are you using Forms Based Authentication. Nue "Faisal" <Faisal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18BD91B9-2B63-48D2-AA37-283170D6A488@microsoft.com... > on my exchange 2003 OWA when accessing it is showing that it wants to > install > the following file. I have...

Outlook cached mode not synchronising with exchange
I have a user whose cached mailbox is not synchorinising properly with the exchange's version. She logs on to a terminal server from home (which uses outlook online mode), moves some emails from her inbox into a subdirectory of the inbox. When she comes into the office and opens Outlook 2003 cached mode, it says it has updated all folders, but the emails are still in the old location. I have tried removing the mail profile from her desktop through the control panel so that it resets itself. The problem still happens though. Her mailbox size is nearly 2GB. We are using Kaspersky Anti- Virus...

Blackberry Enterprise Server
Q: Is there a way to syncronize an Outlook 2003 "Contacts" folder (in a user's mailbox tree) with an Exchange 2003 Public Folder containing contacts? In other words, I want to populate a user's "Contacts" folder with all the contacts contained in a Public Folder of contacts. It would need to be continually synced so any changes made to the Public Folder would be reflected in the User's Outlook "Contact"s folder. Topology: Exchange Server 2003; Outlook 2003 on desktops. Reason: Blackberry Enterprise Server will not wirelessly sync Public Folders w...

Direct Email
I am trying to send direct email using a marketing list. When I pull up the list, the direct email button isnt available. When I go to accounts, I can send direct email to the list in a specific view. Can I add a list to "my view?" Try using a Quick Campaign. Mike Cross http://www.navint.com "SSimmons" wrote: > I am trying to send direct email using a marketing list. When I pull up the > list, the direct email button isnt available. When I go to accounts, I can > send direct email to the list in a specific view. Can I add a list to "my > view?&qu...

Outlook 2000 do not connect to exchange server
Hi, after installing a backup on a new machine outlook do not connect to the exchange server. It looks like that there is no network communication after starting outlook. The LAN Icon shows no packages send. Are there any ideas why outlook will not connect to the LAN and the exchange server ? Thanks ! peter ...

Portfolio Server
I am trying to figure out how I filter down my list of selected projects before I enter Optimizer. I have created a filter to select on a specfic workflow in builder, I apply it and it works correctly in Builder, but when I then select that portfolio to move forward into optimizer, it does not apply the same filter of the selected projects...so in essence I always get all of the project within a portfolio in optimizer. The documentation says it should work the way I have described...but it doesn't. Hello If you want to filter projects for optimizer you have to create the...

Looking for CRM Solution
Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for residentail, multifamily property management? On Apr 28, 12:55=A0pm, MrB <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for > residentail, multifamily property management? The beauty of Microsoft CRM is that it can be customized for any business in any industry. It's ability to be customized using front- end tools (not within code) is , as far as I know, unparalleled by any other software package. You have the ability to create new entiti...

Outlook 98 Calendar and MS Exchange SBS2000
Whenever "User A" accepts an invitation made through the Calendar function of MS Outlook 98, the answer of course is sent back to the inviting person. But also 3 other users, without any apparent reason, receive the acceptation message. There are no "Outlook rules" set up at all, and the 3 receiving users don't belong to an existing group or alias. They have in common though that they all worked in a team headed by "User A" though, but there is no apparent IT related instance or setup reflecting that common aspect of them. How can we get rid of this ...

How do you import the outlook express address book into Outlook 20

sending bulk emails with pdf attachments
Version: 2008 Hi <br><br>I have a number of bulk emails to send in 15 groups. Each separate group requires a different PDF attachment - how do I do this? On 2/25/10 10:00 AM, JenCore66@officeformac.com wrote: > I have a number of bulk emails to send in 15 groups. Each separate > group requires a different PDF attachment - how do I do this? You're looking for something like a mail merge application, which Entourage supports when composing your message in Word. However, to the best of my knowledge, custom attachments are not possible with this mail merge...

Altsoft Xml2PDF Server 2007 beta
Altsoft announces beta release of its new Xml2PDF 2007 family of products, containing Xml2PDF Server 2007 (.NET API), Xml2PDF Hotfolder 2007 and Xml2PDF Workstation 2007. Altsoft Xml2PDF 2007 is a .NET-based formatting engine for converting various page layout formats into print-ready documents. The new key features and improvements are: -Significant refactoring and optimization. -Essential improvement of Xml2PDF API interface. -Improved XSL-FO 1.1 support including bookmarks, multiple flows, and floats. -XPS output support. -PostScript output support. -DocX and XAML (Word 2007) input suppo...

=COUNTA() with multiple look-up
Hi All, I would like to count the number of items that have a value "AAA" in column A and an amount >0 in column B. As I am not quite sure how to incorporate two look-ups in a counta formula I was wondering if anyone can give me the formula? Many thanks! Rgds, Robert Try something like this: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="AAA")*(B1:B100>0)) or....if there may be some text cells in B1:B100 interspersed with the numbers =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="AAA")*ISNUMBER(B1:B100)*(B1:B100>0)) Is that something you can work with? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP &...

Email in PDF from GP Report
Can this feature be enabled by using the free version of Adobe Acrobat? OR One needs to purchase the licensed version of Adobe to email directly from GP. Thanks, VJ This feature is only available if you buy Adobe Acrobat Standard or Professional, the free version won't do it. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "VJ" <rutvijrshah@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1184456621.309861.79070@o61g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Can this feature be enabled by using the free version of Adobe > Acrobat? OR One needs to purchase the licensed version...

Outlook 2003 Reminder for Past Appointments
This was a follow up on a previous post about reminders in outlook. I was looking for a way to turn off reminders for all items that I added prior to the current date and time (which was truely annoying). I could not find any setting that does this in outlook if you know of one please let me know! What I ended up doing is writing some code to turn them off when the appointment is added and I have listed it below for anyone else that is annoyed by this "feature". To use it just open outlook go to tools, macro, visual basic editor and paste the code in there. You will have to allo...

Access/jet to SQL Server
We have a client who has an urgent need for one of our "packaged" apps to be used with full SQL Server (not just MSDE) and not Jet and as we know nothing in this area we have some questions and any help is appreciated: 1. Our app uses Access Security with an mdw file for development which is not distributed as the app is accessed by the user's own system.mdw file as we have a couple of tables blocked (i.e. hold registration info etc) and only accessed by RWOP queries in the FE. Can this still be done with SQL? 2. Some of our tables start with "Usys" and it seems the wiz...

Where is 'Outlook 2002' download for 'Live Search Maps Add-In'
The only Download link I've found for this in the Ms domain is 2 years old, & broken. Any suggestions? Since Outlook 2002 is no longer supported, it's probably no longer available. "Passpartoo" <Passpartoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F017746-B7A5-443B-B7C8-8B32A0C1FA64@microsoft.com... : The only Download link I've found for this in the Ms domain is 2 years old, & : broken. : Any suggestions? : live maps was pulled 6 months ago - http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2009/up090507.htm#4 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tip...