Look out- server dumping Outlook 2003 emails

My server is dumping Outlook 2003 e-mails before they are
finally sent to people on the same e-mail network.
Everyone else outside this server can recieve Outlook 2003
e-mails fine, but none on the server can? What's this
server doing to me?

Have anything to do with Outlook going to unicode?
0
anonymous (74721)

What mailserver are you using? Do you only have an Exchange account
configured?
Also contact your mail administrator to doublecheck your mailbox settings.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"Nick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My server is dumping Outlook 2003 e-mails before they are
> finally sent to people on the same e-mail network.
> Everyone else outside this server can recieve Outlook 2003
> e-mails fine, but none on the server can? What's this
> server doing to me?
>
> Have anything to do with Outlook going to unicode?

0
Roady

Mapping Network Drive From Windows 7 to a Win2k Server
I cannot map a drive to a Win2k Server folder from Windows 7 Ultimate. (The OS was previously Windows 7 Home Premium and was upgraded to Ultimate.) The User Name and Password exists on the server and it is the same as the one on the Windows 7 computer. The User is a member of the group with rights to the shared folder. (I have no problems with all the other systems that are running the gamut of Windows versions) Initially I couldn't even map to a Windows 2000 computer (not a server) but was able to after adding the user specifically to the folder's Sharing->Permissio...

Outlook 2000 2GB PST file
I have a user that has exceeded the 2GB maximum file size. He ran SCANPST on the file but that doesn't help. I've search the and found the utility PST2GB that will remove some information from the PST file to bring it down to the 2GB limit. I'm now removing 200MB of information from the PST and when I run SCANPST on the new file it fails with this in the log file. **Beginning PST/OST recovery **Attempting to recover all top-level objects !!Message store missing PR_PST_PASSWORD !!Message store missing or invalid PR_RECORD_KEY Fatal Error: 80040116 I've disco...

Totally blank emails in Outlook 2007 03-12-10
I've searched and search for solutions to this issues but there is now despite lots of people reporting the same. Issue: I get totally blank emails sent to the junk mail of my Hotmail folders in Outlook 2007. The only thing (and I mean ONLY) is a date and time (no from, no to, no subject, no body text). If I delete them I get a whole new batch the next day. There was one suggestion that was too complex for me to do. I does not efefct anything, it's simply annoying so I need a quick fix. PLEASE HELP, GAZMAN Brian Tillman posted the following and it seems to have wo...

Outlook uninstalling/installing
Would it be possible to uninstall/install outlook express or microsoft outlook from their respective cds without deleting the whole package i.e. windows / office. How? 10x -- Thanks for your help. Keith wrote: > Would it be possible to uninstall/install outlook express or microsoft > outlook from their respective cds without deleting the whole package > i.e. windows / office. > > How? > > 10x Outlook is part of Office. You can uninstall it using add/remove programs, selecting Office, and modifying.... Outlook Express is not part of Office, it's part of IE &...

Saving as .html with comments in cell looks BAD....
The paste in below is from side-by-side fields (you can find an example at http://www.kloek.com/sun/Sun_Systems_Matrix.htm), where if I have a comment in the cell, the actual cell in the html version has the number overwriting the actual text in the cell. I've dug in the help and read through the topics currently in this group, and still haven't a clue. All I want is the text in the cells NOT to be overwritten by the comment indicator. does anyone have any ideas? The red triangle in the upper right hand corner in the actual spreadsheet is perfect, if I could somehow retain it in the we...

Everytime I email a spredsheet, the receiving end cannot open it
The person on the receiving end cannot open the spread because it is encrypted. I just upgrade to office 2007. I do I turn this feature off? Two known solutions: 1) Save the WB as "97-2003" (xls) instead of XLSX. 2) Ask the recipient(s) to install the Compatibility Pack: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466 Micky "mj61274" wrote: > The person on the receiving end cannot open the spread because it is > encrypted. I just upgrade to office 2007. I do I turn this feature off? ...

how do I turn off preveiw for junk email folder
While I am able to turn off the preveiw panel in Outlook for most folders It remains active in the Junk E-Mail folder. Is it possible to turn this off as well. What version of Outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use? h...

Check queue on mail relay server?
Hi! I have a separate server to relay my e-mails to the outside world. The problem is that I can't see the queue on that server like you can if you have Exchange installed on it. Enviroment: Mailserver: Win2k Server with Exchange 2000 Relay: Win2k server with SMTP relay Reg J�rgen Persson Look for the Queue folder that is under the webroot I believe. there is no graphic user interface that you can view this with. You must view the folder where it is stored. this will show the e-mail in queue. if look around you can also find a bad mail folder that you might want to look at ...

Outlook Express Removes Attachment
Outlook Express removes the Access Snapshot file type .snp when this file is attached to an email. Is there a way around this?? Thanks, ET Sherman Tools->options->security --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, ET Sherman asked: | Outlook Express removes the Access Snapshot file | type .snp when this file is attached to an email. Is | there a way ...

Formatting a number to look like a Percent without a percent sign
We often want a column of decimals to have a percent sign only on the first number in the column, so: ..553 ..554 (.345) need to be formatted to look like 55.3% 55.4 (34.5) where all the decimals align vertically. I can't figure out how to do this without multiplying the second and third cells by 100, which is a bad solution. Any ideas? Thanks. format custom 0.0 "David Iacoponi" wrote: > We often want a column of decimals to have a percent sign only on the first > number in the column, so: > .553 > .554 > (.345) > need to be formatted to look like &g...

Exchange 2003 and Undeliverable messages
We have just migrated from 5.5 to 2003. On the 5.5 system any mails that were sent to the wrong address used to get forwarded on to the administrator email account for one of us to forward on to the correct person as a attachment but with 2003 we just have a send again option and it does not note the original senders email address. How can I configure the system to do this function like 5.5 used to? You can configure Exchange to send a copy of all NDR's to a specific account. This is done on the properties of the SMTP Virtual Server, Messages tab. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP ...

Deploying Outlook 2003 seperate of the Office 2003 Systems suite
Our company is moving to Exchange 2003 and are going to implement Outlook 2003 in order to take advantage of the benefits of running them together. However, we are not ready to make the jump (we are currently on Office 2000) to Office 2003 because of the large number of custom VBA applications that are in our offices that have not been tested yet. Has anybody done this yet? If so, how did it go? Are there any known issues with doing it? What is the general opinion on doing this? Thanks in advance for any input you have on this subject. Chris You can pretty much kiss outlook int...

Trying to import Outlook 2003 pst file into Outlook 2002
Trying to import Outlook 2003 pst file into Outlook 2002 but get an invalid file format. You would think that being only one version apart that it would be no problem. Any ideas? TIA Hi, You are correct. OL 2003 uses an entirely different file format called as the Unicode which the OL 2002 cannot recognize. But if u really need to get the data in the OL 2003 pst into OL 2002, you can do this. File --> New --> Outlook Data File --> Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folders File (.pst ) Then, export the data from the OL 2003 pst into this new pst and then you can get the data from this...

SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2008
Hi, I have SQL Server 2000(32 bit) on the Win2008 Server, if I would like to promote it to the SQL Server 2008 on the same machine, is it possible? One more question, will the connection string in our client's .Net application need to change as well? Thanks for help. Jason 1. Backup your databases. 2. Uninstall SQL SVR 2000 completely 3. Install SQL SVR 2008 4. Restore your databases Nothing else will change except for the provider name in the connection string. It is now SQLOLEDB.1 - it is as easy as that unless you did some low level selects into system dat...

"Cannot start Outlook" error after sync'ing PDA
I hope that someone can tell me that I'm not completely stuffed here, but I do fear the worst. Sync'd PDA using Avantgo, and had problems with all the elements that required Outlook. (Inbox, Tasks, Contacts). After combining the entries and deleting duplicates, all seemed to be well. Computer shut down and rebooted. The computer then went through a 30 minute Checkdisk whilst it corrected many many errors - I was already feeling uncomfortable. Once booted, I tried to start Outlook and received an error like.. Cannot start Outlook, PATHNAME Outllok.pst is not a valid pst file. Wh...

Password protect emails in Outlook
How do I password protect my emails on my home computer from eavesdropping eyes? I am running ME. Thanks You can put a password on your PST file in Outlook. There's no way to secure Windows ME. John L wrote: > How do I password protect my emails on my home computer > from eavesdropping eyes? I am running ME. > > Thanks Thanks, but I am a novice and need a little more info on putting a password on mu PST file. John L >-----Original Message----- >You can put a password on your PST file in Outlook. There's no way to secure >Windows ME. > >John L wrote:...

Rehome Public Folders from one E2K3 to another E2K3 server
Hi We have just installed a new Windows Server 2003 with Exchange 2003 and we need to move all the data fra the old server running Exchange 2003, but we are having some problems. We can easily move each users mailbox but we can't get it to move the Public Folders. The new server is part of the same domain as the original E2K3 server. All the documentation we have found on this subject informs us that we should do the following: 1. Right click the first Public Folder and select Properties. 2. Select the Replication tab. 3. Add the server where the Public Folders should be moved to. 4...

Bar Charts created in Excel 2003
For certain charts that I create within Excel 2003 (usually bar charts), I use a font size of 8 (eg for data labels, axis labels, and scale). If I close the file and then re-open it, all these fonts will have become size one (title and legend are not effected). Oddly, if I have created a bar chart and made several copies of it within a worksheet, it will only be the original and not the copies that are affected by this. If anyone can shed any light on why this may be happening and how it could be fixed, I would really appreciate it. I've also posted this in the excel group so apologies to ...

Where to look??
G'Day All; I have a user here whose Sent Items go back to April 2003. While I believe he has not deleted any why might they be missing and whereabouts can I look? Thanks much. Does he have AutoArchiving enabled? Right-click the Sent Items folder, choose Properties, then click the AutoArchive tab. Also check the global AutoArchive settings in Tools | Options | Other | AutoArchive. The folder-specific settings override the global, but global must be enabled for any folder to be AA'd. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be a...

Erratic Connections to Email Servers
I use Outlook2000 for all email activity. I connect to several different email servers daily. Everything works fine except for one account (hosted by register.Com). After connecting to the email server, incoming mail works fine, but outgoing mail is "strange". Mail in my Outlook Outbox created in a previous session goes out fine. But mail in that same Outbox created during the current session "just sits there". The workaround is to close the session after completing new and replies and restart Outlook. Register.com support admits that there are problems wit...

Exchange 2003 as a Fall back server
Hello, Can someone point me in the right direction to configure Exchange 2003 to be a fall back mail server for another domain other than the one it is hosting. I would like to have it queue the mail for ETRN. Thanks, Chris DeFreitas ...

Looking for a consultant
I am looking for someone to help me configure my Microsoft Money. I have all my accounts in, but need training on how to best get financial information back out. Is there a list of accountants/bookkeepers who help with this? I am in the Birmingham, Alabama area. Thanks, Jeff ...

No Ribbon in Outlook 2007
My Microsof Office Outlook 2007 (12.0.6212.1000) SP1 MSO (12.0.6213.1000) does not have ribbon. But the training on-line (http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RP101153551033&CTT=6&Origin=RC101153581033) is based on ribbons. Something is wrong with the software or with the online training. -- Director of Technology K-12 School Colombia South America The ribbon does not appear on the main Outlook Screen, it only appears in open messages. Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- &q...

web mail and exchange server 2003
Dear friends, we recently installed exchange server 2003 in our department and web mail feature does not work. Specifically it asks for user name and password and then it returns an error message: the page cannot be displayed. there is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed (HTTP 500 - Internal server error) we have followed all the instructions and we were not given the option to setup webmail or not could you please help thanx George "George Kagadis" <kagadis@med.upatras.gr> wrote: >Dear friends, > >we recently instal...

Lost all my data in out look 2003
Very Urgent Situation I have Microsoft Outlook 2003 - Windows XP Pro part of Microsoft Outlook Small Business On the menu bar, I went on HELP then clicked on Detect and Repair. I had a few problems and thought that it would resolve it. Instead after this process, I reopened Outlook and found a fresh new copy of outlook and my all data where vanished. I lost everything: -All my contacts addresses, -All my data appointments etc. on my calendar -All my recent e-mails and saved one and differents created folders in fact everything. How can I retrieve and restore just like it was few hours...