When I search for an old email using Outlook's Look for: box and specify
which folders to search in via the "Choose folders=>Search subfolders"
checking a folder does not actually cause any subfolders to be checked.
Unless there is some other setting and/or option hidden away somewhere, the
"Search subfolders" check box is not working.  I must manually check all the
desired subfolders.  What am I doing wrong?

--
Regards,

Peter Sale
Santa Monica, CA USA
To email me,  just pull  'my-leg.'

0
psale (7)

search in newsgroup
It seems to me at one time I did a search in here by date...ie all posts since a specific date; but I can't seem to do that now? It sure would be helpful when a person is trying to follow specific posts..especially since so many pages are created. Search newsgroup microsoft.public.money at http://groups.google.com??? "Suelyn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:754501c48405$16d2c070$a401280a@phx.gbl... > It seems to me at one time I did a search in here by > date...ie all posts since a specific date; but I can't > seem to do that...

Change Default Folder for a specific Template
Hi All, I am sure that this is a really simple question, but here goes. I hav a PO template that I want to always save to this folder S:\Purchas Orders\ENG POs when it creates an .xls . I cannot seem anyway just t change this one template's default directory. Is there a way? Thanks, SheGee -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, You could add an auto_open() macro to your template that will change the folder path. And a before_close() routine to reset it before closing. -- John johnf 202 at hotmail dot com "SheGeek >" <<SheGeek.zs364@excelforum-n...

IMF and IMF Companion
Happily using IMF and IMF companion for a while. Some non spam emails get caught and I 'unblock' them using the feature in IMF companion. This previously resulted in the email being delivered. However recently the unblocked email goes into the pickup folder and sits there and is not delivered. Anything I can check to see what is happening here? Thanks Paul, ...

Rules Not Working
We recently switched to a web server email program - and my email now goes to a different folder - not the personal folder inbox and I cannot get my rule to forward e-mails to work - we have office 2007 - What's really confusing is if I test the rule it will show the fwd arrow on the original message and a copy will appear in my sent folder however the receipients do not receive it. I am able to manually fwd the email with no problems. I have a similar problem, however it had been working but I had to remove all my accounts and reinstall them. My MSN account would not downl...

All my icons look the same (except IE8 and the recycle bin)
i cant open any windows...when i click on them the open with window pops up and wants me to pick wat i want to open it with...i can only get on the internet in safe mode with networking. and when i try to open...for example paint it says invalid bitmap, or its format is not currently supported and other windows wont even open. got any ideas on how i can fix this?? On Sun, 30 May 2010 06:54:01 -0700, xxkoreanxx wrote in message <news:999F2CE9-8E21-47DC-8BA4-BAC1F1329F6E@microsoft.com>: > i cant open any windows...when i click on them the open with window pops up > a...

Public Folder DST Question
I did run msextmzcfg and got the mailboxes in the text file. I also copied the nonexistant users to the mailbox file so it should also update those mailboxes when I run the batch file. My question is about the calendars that we have in our public folders. How do we go about updating those? Thanks, James THere is a video about PF's here: http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2007/02/21/435543.aspx "James" <acidflea@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OUMQ4o2VHHA.3948@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I did run msextmzcfg and got the mailboxes in the t...

Count the Number of Files in a Folder
I’m sorry if this is a repost, I posted the same question yesterday but it never appeared on the site. Could someone please show me an example or examples of how to return the number of files in a folder? I don’t need anything except the total number of files in the folder. I’d like to use VB but, I’m open to any solution… Thanks in advance, Jim Hi, something like this: strFile = dir("c:\*.*") do while len(strFile)>0 I=I+1 strFile=dir loop debug.print I -- Best regards, ___________ Alex Dybenko (MVP) http://accessblog.net http://w...

Outlook 2007 Instant Search Flaw
Using Outlook 2007's Instant Search feature, is there ANY WAY to make it start searching the newest messages first? If I use it on a large folder, it always returns emails that are years old before finding the most recent email (which I am usually looking for). This is a huge annouance and would GREATLY improve the feature. Any advice is appreciated! Jeff <Jeff.Thorn@gmail.com> wrote in message news:9548e94c-a3e8-4e86-8261-54d0af6abf68@c22g2000prc.googlegroups.com... > Using Outlook 2007's Instant Search feature, is there ANY WAY to make > it start searching the newest ...

How do you search within a document?
I am woundering how you search with in a saved document. I want to make a spread sheet for my buisness on my supplies, my cost, and my mark up cost but there is over 200 so I was woundering how i can go into this saved document and just type in the item I am looking for and have it pop up with out having to scroll throu the list? The first thing you should look at is Data>Filter. It may well do everything you want. If you need more help, post back. Regards, Fred "Me2020" <Me2020@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6B20D94-EBC2-49E6-9E4F-127...

publish Excel chart image to WebDav folder
Is it possible to publish gifs of Excel charts to a WebDav folder? I was using the following to publish to a file share but now need to go to WebDav. ChartItem.Export WebReport & ".gif", "GIF", False thanks LJB ...

Exchange 2003 Store Limit Warning does not work
Why does not the store limit warning work with Exchange 2003 ? The "prohibit send" works ok, but the warning does not. How can I make it work ? It would be very important to us. On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 18:33:26 +0300, "Petri Paunonen" <petri.paunonen@POISTAbrandtgroup.fi> wrote: >Why does not the store limit warning work with Exchange 2003 ? > >The "prohibit send" works ok, but the warning does not. How can I make it >work ? It would be very important to us. > What doesnt work about it? On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 18:33:26 +0300, "Petri Pauno...

public folders #19
i have Outlook 2003 & 2007. Can I create a shortcut for certail folders in public folders in OUTLOOK - maybe with an icon in the toolbar? Thanks, Raul Rego NJPIES You can drag them into the Favourites place in Public Folders - that puts them at the top of the Folder Tree so they are quickly accessible. You can also asd them to the Outlook Shortcuts, using Add New Shortcut button when viewing Shortcuts in the Navigation Pane. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Trainer and Consultant There are various articles about using Outlook here: www.judygleeson.com Canberra, Australia &quo...

Looking for feedback
Hey everyone just started my own business doing consulting / training for Microsoft Outlook please check out my site www.outlookchallenged.com and provide any suggestions / feedback please. Any advice is good advice at this point. Thanks -- www.outlookchallenged.com Br Sense <outlookhelp@ftard.com> wrote: > Hey everyone just started my own business doing consulting / training > for Microsoft Outlook please check out my site > www.outlookchallenged.com and provide any suggestions / feedback > please. Any advice is good advice at this point. The best advice I have to offer ...

Taskbar Envelope for Different Folders
Hi All, I have a POP email address downloading to the standard Inbox Folder (Gmail), the boring stuff is then filtered in Outlook to various other folders such as mailing list subscriptions. The important email stays in Inbox. The question is : can I do something with the envelope in the taskbar to distinguish which folder the new mail is in, for example a different colour for new messages in Inbox? I dont mind what the solution is - just something where I can look at my PC and see if I have new 'important' mail or not (ie stuff in the Inbox). Many Thanks Oliver SYSTEM: ...

Looking for CRM Solution
Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for residentail, multifamily property management? On Apr 28, 12:55=A0pm, MrB <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for > residentail, multifamily property management? The beauty of Microsoft CRM is that it can be customized for any business in any industry. It's ability to be customized using front- end tools (not within code) is , as far as I know, unparalleled by any other software package. You have the ability to create new entiti...

Generic name for User folder?
Word 2007 Vista Enterprise I have a macro that tests for a certain path; the path is something like: C:\Users\JohnSmith\Documents Other people in my organization might find this macro useful. Is there a generic way to designate the person's User folder (i.e., the "JohnSmith" folder in my example) in VBA, so I don't have to rewrite the path code for each person? Thanks. "wal" <ress6oy8@verizon.net> wrote: > Word 2007 > Vista Enterprise > > I have a macro that tests for a certain path; the path is something > like: > ...

Flexible Search and Wildcards
Hello all! I've created a flexible search like the one described by Allen Browne at http://allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html. It works great except that my supervisor just informed me that he would like to have the ability to use a wild card * as search criteria on the form. The textbox where he would be entering the criteria is called txtBillNo. Here is the snippit of code I'm using: 'Search by bill #. Searches for similiar characters anywhere in the field. If Not IsNull(Me.txtBillNo) Then strWhere = strWhere & "([Documents_Bill#] Like ""*" & ...

Deleting Spam folder
Hi, is there a way to have MS Outlook 2002 automatically empty my "Spam" folder into my "Deleted Items" folder after it gets filled with an X amount of spam emails? Gordy Gordon Byrne <gordyjb@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi, is there a way to have MS Outlook 2002 automatically empty my > "Spam" folder into my "Deleted Items" folder after it gets filled > with an X amount of spam emails? Outlook 2002 by itself doesn't have a "Spam" folder. If you see one, it's because either you have rules moving the messages there or y...

Hidden Folders
I am using Vista Premium, how can I view folders that are hidden? Thank you. "John Phan" <jlphan@live.com> wrote in message news:48B9ABBC-4A85-4152-A298-5F4BC2D22AD3@microsoft.com... >I am using Vista Premium, how can I view folders that are hidden? Thank >you. Is this a WM folders question or a general Operating System folder question? Please use a few extra words to tell us what you want to do exactly. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org/ The newsgroup to which you posted is dedicated to supporting the...

Where is 'Outlook 2002' download for 'Live Search Maps Add-In'
The only Download link I've found for this in the Ms domain is 2 years old, & broken. Any suggestions? Since Outlook 2002 is no longer supported, it's probably no longer available. "Passpartoo" <Passpartoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F017746-B7A5-443B-B7C8-8B32A0C1FA64@microsoft.com... : The only Download link I've found for this in the Ms domain is 2 years old, & : broken. : Any suggestions? : live maps was pulled 6 months ago - http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2009/up090507.htm#4 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tip...

Sometimes specific folder icons disappear
Hello all, I have Win XP Pro sp3 installed. Sometimes very specific folder icons in Windows Explorer are replaced with default icons, namely - the MyMusic, MyVideo, Favorites, Control Panel and some of the icons inside it (ex.Printers), DVD drive icons - the icons for *.txt and *.dll files When this happens, then if I try to use "Change Icon" for a desktop shortcut and choose an icon from SHELL32.DLL, then an error is issued stating that "file SHELL32.DLL does not contain any icons". Reboot does not solve the problem. Sometimes the problem can be solved by...

=COUNTA() with multiple look-up
Hi All, I would like to count the number of items that have a value "AAA" in column A and an amount >0 in column B. As I am not quite sure how to incorporate two look-ups in a counta formula I was wondering if anyone can give me the formula? Many thanks! Rgds, Robert Try something like this: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="AAA")*(B1:B100>0)) or....if there may be some text cells in B1:B100 interspersed with the numbers =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="AAA")*ISNUMBER(B1:B100)*(B1:B100>0)) Is that something you can work with? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP &...

Disable Search Function In Excel Worksheet
Hi Everybody, Can anyone help me in disabling search function (Control + F ) in Excel 2003? You should be able to assign that key combination to a command macro, which will take precedence over the default action. But why? <dc.dileep@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1159525344.784761.98210@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi Everybody, Can anyone help me in disabling search function (Control > + F ) in Excel 2003? > Can you pls tell me how? I juz wanted to disable the search function only for a particular work book. Thank you ! Stephen Bye wrote: > You should be ...

Online Stock Trading and How the Stock Market Works #3
Here you can learn more about investing, and some specifics about trading . You'll also find a wide range of investing products and services to help you plan toward financial independence - however you define it. http://flying-rugs.com/stock-market/ ...

can I edit a picture to look faded?
I want to edit my picture to be faded so I can use it as background with text over it. "deborahm" <deborahm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D93DD63-8553-447D-A0AC-44EE0E1BD9B3@microsoft.com... > I want to edit my picture to be faded so I can use it as background with > text > over it. In Publisher you can do it one of two ways. For both ways start by inserting the picture. Method 1, right click on picture and select Format Picture, click on picture tab, then click on the dropdown for Color under Image Control and select wash...