When I search for an old email using Outlook's Look for: box and specify
which folders to search in via the "Choose folders=>Search subfolders"
checking a folder does not actually cause any subfolders to be checked.
Unless there is some other setting and/or option hidden away somewhere, the
"Search subfolders" check box is not working.  I must manually check all the
desired subfolders.  What am I doing wrong?

--
Regards,

Peter Sale
Santa Monica, CA USA
To email me,  just pull  'my-leg.'

0
psale (7)

Populate BCC field with all Contacts within a Contact Folder
Hello I am a newbie on outlook VBA programing. So far i was able to create a new macro/code that will create me 2 new emails, populate Subject and add attachements automaticly. However now i have a problem in populating the BCC lists. I send this emails to all the contacts within a 2 especific contact folders. For example purpuses lets say Contact Folder 1 is Called "Newsletter1" and Contact folder2 is called "NewsLetter2". So for the 2 new emails that will pop up when i execute the macro i would like the macro to add in one all the emails in the contact fol...

Tutorial Search: Subforms
I'm having trouble getting some controls to work in my subforms and forms and all of the queries and subqueries that I've designed. Can anyone point to a good, concise tutorial that'll help with this. All I can find are very basic tutorials that are far short of something like this. Basically, I want to select a name from a drop down list. Once selected, I have 2 subforms that need to refresh and display the data related to that name. Then I need to change a few data fields, and have that data written to the correct table. And then do it over again. Thoughts? On Tue, 11 Mar 2...

Emails ending up in SPAM folders...
I have racked my brain over and over. I own a small independent I.T. company and most of my local and regional small business clients utilize free email accounts through Yahoo!, Hotmail GMail...etc and my emails are now ending up in their 'Bulk' or 'Spam' folders. I have done extensive research and find most are now utilizing Yahoo!'s domainkeys protocol for determining spam messages. Now I know what you may think, but no I am not a spammer. My clients have missed many many critical emails from my company and I need to know how to implement domainkeys in my Exchange...

IMAP in Outlook Express
IMAP accounts in OE have a special tab called IMAP. This tab enables by default special folders: Sent Items ("Sent Items path") and Drafts ("Drafts path"). But since there's just one checkbox, how can one enable just ONE of the special folders? Blank entries aren't accepted. That's it, that's the question. For those of you who might ask "who needs to enable just one folder?" instead of answering the question, I'll provide a real life example. Gmail's instructions clearly state: enable Drafts WITHOUT enabling Sent Items, a...

Cannot delete files or folders in Outlook 2007 on Vista desktop co
At some point recently, I lost the ability to delete files & folders in Personal Folders of Outlook 2007. I can add new files & folders without problems. I've checked on the web and most solutions point to running Scanpst.exe. When I run this app, I get an error saying that OMMAPI32.dll cannot be found, even though I can see it in the Office 12 folder. One suggestion was to run "regsrvr olmapi32.dll, but it fails, saying the module couldn't be loaded. Can anyone out there suggest what I might try to correct this problem. I know I'm not along, becaus...

Excel data search help
I am asking for some help I have a sheet which has full details of all the calls this month to the helpdesk I have a second sheet which has full details of all the systems on contract and service pack I need to find all the calls logged by contract customers and sp and split them out for my boss The only key that I can use (from what I can see) is the serial number of the machine as it appears in both sheets and is unique I am not sure how to do this can you help? Thanks alot Depending on how your data is laid out, you might be able to use VLOOKUP for this - the sought item needs to be ...

Change default search to Value, not formula?
Every time I start a word search, the default searches for fomulas instead of value. So everytime I have to open up the option button and change it to value instead of formula. How do I change that default setting? lbbss Saved from a previous post: Excel tries to help by remembering the last settings you used--except for the first search in that session. You can use that to your advantage. You could make a dummy workbook and put it in your xlStart folder. Have a macro in that workbook that does a find (and sets all the stuff the way you like). Then closes and gets out of the way. ...

I can't close folder (pst file). message "The operation failed. A.
When using microsoft outlook 2003. After open my pst file and want to close after that. I can't close folder (pst file). message box "The operation failed. An object coulnot be found." Our IT engineer cannot solve this problem and told me this is one of "microsoft bugs". How can i fix this problem. thanks and regards Aryo <Aryo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When using microsoft outlook 2003. > After open my pst file and want to close after that. > I can't close folder (pst file). message box "The operation failed. An > object couln...

Windows Search 12-05-09
I can't get Windows Search to work when I try to open it from All Programs. In Services it is "stopped" and I can't change it. Any suggestions? ...

External E-Mail Forwarding Not Working Properly
I have a situation where I need only certain people to be able to send and receive internet e-mail and I also need certain peoples e-mails to be forwarded to internet e-mail addresses. I've followed the instructions in this article for restricting internet e- mail access: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html As well as this article for forwarding e-mails: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF015.html The problem now, is that if someone in the "No Internet E-Mail" group tries to send an e-mail to a forwarder-enabled recipient, they receive an NDR and the m...

Auto Page Break not working.
I have a customer with two identical IBM Think Pads. They both run the Windows XP and have the same build of Excel 2002 installed. I've verified that the fonts being uses are the exact same version. If you overlap and hold printed pages from the two laptops up to the light, the text lines up perfectly. When printing a particular worksheet that was created on a third PC, to the same printer, one of the Think Pads prints correctly but the other doesn't. On the one that doesn't, the horizontal page break is set to one Row less pre page and the vertical page brake is set to one C...

Scheduling contingency via non-working time in calendar -problems
Hi all I'm scheduling a game software development. Notwithstanding , or ignoring inaccurate estimations for a moment, I'm assuming 3 weeks work and 1 week contigency in each working month. Experience tells me that contingency is about right over the space of a month due to slippage, change of spec or other game dev 'issues' that happen, but this rarely works if applied right down to individual task estimations or disciplines (of which there are many). In the calendar I've set the last week of each month as nonworking to layout the basic schedule. Now I...

CRM 3.0 Email Tracking doesn't work!!!
CRM user can send an email to contact, email title with token: cas00011000. But when the contact reply this email, the reply email can reach the server but it doesn't saved in the history(tracking doesn't work!) of CRM. The tracking function has been opened. We can't reinstall CRM server to fix this problem becasue there are many of customizations. we are having the exact same problem! did you ever get a solution?? thanks, "CEO" wrote: > CRM user can send an email to contact, email title with token: cas00011000. > But when the contact reply this email, t...

GP 10 [home -> Purchasing -> All Purchasing [search box]
A great new window in ‘sales transactions, and ‘ Purchase transactions’ offering a transaction view on the bottom of the page . The search feature [Type to Filter] only searches column headers. It would be extremely helpful if this search feature allowed searches for content on the document, e.g. ‘purchase order #, or item #. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to ope...

Display name of mail enabled public folder
Hi, I have problems with the mail enabled public folder adresses. In the AD, there is "My Company" security group where there are employers of the company, without any mail address. We have Public Folders\Unsorted folder, mail enabled, with address company@company.com and company@company.local. If you send a message from Outlook 2007 to company@company.local it is delivered into the Unsorted folder as it should. However, if you send a message to company@company.com it is translated as "My Company" by outlook and rejected by server as undeliverable....

Consolidating Personal Folders
I have somehow opened up 4 personal folders. How do I consolidate all of them into one personal folder and merge all the information. Next, how do I delete the other personal folders? I've read through a couple of books but I can't find the information. Any help would be very much appreciated Thanks MikeSellers Move the contents of the folders to the folder that you want to keep. You can disconnect from the other pst-files by rightclicking the root folder and choose Close. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook I...

Hyperlinks stopped working in Outlook 2007
I am using Outlook 2007 with Windows 7. Recently, hyperlinks in emails will no longer open - I have to copy and paste into a browser. I remember reading a fix for this, but now I can't find it. see http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Ariel" <Ariel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A8ACA2E-DB89-4D20-BE34-A7DFDC9FE7D1@microsoft.com... >I am using Outlook 2007 with Windows 7. Recently, ...

Desktop Search recommendation?
Yes, I know... this is not a WLM question as such, but... I've never used a Desktop Search utility. After many hours of research, I've narrowed it down to Copernic, Google, or Windows Search. If I chose the latter, perhaps I'd be better off with the 3.0 (assuming I could find it) instead of the 4.0 version. I base this on what I could understand of a couple of comments by one of you guys. I'm also concerned that it might "take over" my computer... panic would set in... and then I wouldn't be able to uninstall it! I rely on System Restore poin...

How can extract all email addresses/ or send to all in a folder?
I have a folder of emails I have been collecting for the past 18 months. There are over 500 emails in there. I want to be able to extract all those email addresses, or send a message to all in that folder (eg, reply to all), but there appears to be no way to select all these emails, then export to excel or csv, or reply to all, or add all to contacts. No matter what method you choose, there appears to be no option to do this. I would have thought this would be a common function of any Mail program. This would be a fairly big limitation of winmail if one can't extract or combi...

Public folder replica NT authentication prompt
Hello friends, when users in our firm attempt to access a replica of public folder they are being prompted to enter username, password and domain, when they do enter the information they get invalid credentials message. The actual public folder resides in a different domain and we do not have trust relationship between our domain but we do have a site connector between us. By the way both are windows NT 4.0 domains and Exchange 5.5 servers. The users attempting to access the replica of the remote office Exchange server public folder have explicit rights to the public folder in question. And a...

Search and Replace #2
Greetings. Is this possible in Excel 2007 (beta)? I have four columns: A, B, C, and D (which is blank). If the word in a particular row in A is "hat," the word in the same row in B is "bug," and the word in the same row in C is "flower," I want to place the word "tree" in the same row in blank column in D. I want this to happen to all the rows with this particular combition (hat, bug, and flower). Of course, I will go through the spreadsheet row by row to fill in all the words. This is a translation exercise, with A (the Hebrew word), B (the ...

Can't close the Outlook Archive Folder
The archive folder was deleted but I can't close it (PST) from the OL by right click it. A error message "The Operation Failed. An object cannot be found". Please help. Thanks, You don't mention what version of Outlook, but the later versions (Outlook 2003/2007) may let you remove it via the mail applet in the control panel. If you can't remove it from there, your only option is to create a new mail profile (don't copy the existing one) and delete the old one. "Poon" <Poon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F275F8C-...

Auto complete stopped working
I have Outlook 2000. I love the auto-complete function for completing email addresses. But it stopped working. The appropriate boxes are checked under Options to enable this feature. Why is it not working now? It can't seem to find the address book ...I think. HELP! You have a bit more explaining to do. Outlook 2000 has no such feature. Explain why you think it does and what it is you think has stopped working. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Phillip" <morejam@burntbiskit.com> wrote in message news:nTZic.8822$3m2.7076@fe03.usenetserver.com... > I have Outlook 2000....

Work Week View
Have Outlook 2002. I use the 5 day Work Week view to manage my appointments. Until this week I would see the 5 days on the left and on the right would be the monthly calendar and a tasks. The monthly calendars disappeared and left only the Task view. In an attempt to kick it in the pants I used the mouse and expanded the Work Week view and the Tasks disappeared and now I cannot get the Tasks back and the months are still gone. I really need the months to show, as that allowed me to navigate to different work weeks. If I can't get the calendar back is there a way to navigate ...

Folder displaying incorrect item number
I've got a number of users who have a shortcut to a public folder on their outlook bar. This shortcut incorrectly displays the number of items in the folder. For example, there is one item in the folder but the shortcut shows 52. If there's 2 items then it shows 53. If I log onto the PC then it displays the item number correctly. I logged one of the users onto another PC but the problem was still there. I recreated her network profile and her outlook profile but no joy. Were using outlook XP and XP desktop. Any help is appreciated Thanks Jeff Have you seen if there is any filter ...