Locking The Outlook so user can not change the view.

Is there any way to lock Outlook 2000 and or Outlook 2003 so user can not
change the view setting under the View Menu? I have several user that keeps
changing the view and ask me to change it back. They will swear that they
did not change. I will to lock it down so they can not loose any toolbar or
anything else.

Thank you
Belmont

Can't see records on lookup windows (SFO)
Hi I installed CRM and SFO in a PC. When I try to generate a new CRM appointment or contact, when I go to regarding and the lookup windows apperas, it didn't show any record. No matter what search word, caracter or blank criteria I choose, no record is shown. In fact, I can create a New Contact from there (with the Quick Create), but this still doesn't appears in the lookup window. This only happens in SFO, in the web app works fine. Thanks -- Carlos ...

Microsoft Outlook #48
My Microsoft Outllook 2003 takes forever to load in after being logged off.. Is there any way to speed up the process? bluexah wrote: > My Microsoft Outllook 2003 takes forever to load in Does "load in" mean "startup"? The larger your message store and the move enabled add-ons you have installed will make Outlook take longer to startup. > after being logged off.. If you logoff your Windows session, all user processes are terminated. That includes Outlook. You can't run Outlook or other apps when you are logged out of Windows. > Is there any way to sp...

Outlook #296
I was using Outlook Express as my default email handler. I recently purchased Microsoft Office Student/Teacher edition. I set up my Outlook Today to be my default email handler. However, mail still goes to Express? How do I resolve this problem? Make Outlook the default for mail and remove your account from Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Al asked: | I was using Outlook Express as my defaul...

locking up
This might be more of a GDI question, but since I'm in MFC, I'll ask: Would BitBlt-ing to the screen repeatedly tend to lock up a program, after alt+tabbing to another application? If so, why? This seems to be happening to me, and I want to get to the bottom of the problem. What I have is either a fade loop or a screen-size redraw, both based on a timer and bitblt. Quite often, after I leave the program to go to another app, I cannot return and must "end task". "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message news:%23YFL5Ks%23F...

Desktop Alert Locks Computer
Greetings, I am seeing a little quirk on some of my desktops. It only happens occasionally, but it happens to different models of PC. Not all the time, but once in awhile, I have users that complain of their PC freezing. The only remedy is to do a hard reboot. I have noticed in these instances, that the desktop mail alert ( the preview that pops up by the system clock when you get a new mail) is showing when it froze. If I go into Outlook and turn off the desktop alert, then the PC freezing stops. So, I know that the Desktop Alert is the cause of the problem. Has anyone else ever seen this? Th...

synchronize home and work outlook accounts, possible?
Is it possible to synchronize Outlook on two computers over the internet, so a home machine and a work machine update one another whenever a message is sent, or read? Mike S wrote: > Is it possible to synchronize Outlook on two computers over the > internet, so a home machine and a work machine update one another > whenever a message is sent, or read? Stop using POP. Get an e-mail account that supports IMAP access. On 8/28/2010 10:25 PM, VanguardLH wrote: > Mike S wrote: > >> Is it possible to synchronize Outlook on two computers over the >> in...

Outlook Opens SLOWLY
My Outlook windows seem to open so much more SLOWLY than other windows. Could there possibly be something slowing it down? If so, what can I check and/or fix to take care of this? I have Outlook 2007 and Windows XP. Thanks in advance to whomever may be able to help. Candy Perhaps so. What antivirus software are you running? Has it always been slow or did this start recently? Do you have a LOT of data (emails, contacts, calendar, etc.) in it? What kind of machine do you have? How much RAM? Do you have a lot of other things running at the same time? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, ...

problems retrieveing currently logged-in user
how can i retrieve currently logged in user information ? i tried to used DefaultCredentials for BizUser.Credentials but it's not working i tried adding <identity impersonate="true" /> in web.config (not mscrm web.config, but external web application web.config) file, won't work either thx, henyung ...

Outlook 2007 - moving e-mails
In Outlook 2007 (& previously in 2003) if you move an e-mail from one folder to another, it will "remember" the destination folder. And, when you right click on the next e-mail and click on "move," it will, by default, select the prior destination folder.....it will "remember." Recently, my Outlook 2007 will no longer "remember." I've tried re-booting, running the Office "Diagnostics", but nothing seems to help. I've tried going into "Tools" and then "Options" but I can't find a solution the...

Lock formula to cell
I want a formula to lock to a cell so that when I add or delete a column the formula will always remain with say column H I know if the sheet is Password protected this will prevent this happening but that is no use when I have to unprotect the sheet to delete a column. Anyone got thoughts on this? regards Pat Hi Pat without using VBA you can't achieve this Frank Pat wrote: > I want a formula to lock to a cell so that when I add or delete a > column the formula will always remain with say column H > > I know if the sheet is Password protected this will prevent this >...

Which Outlook email account when replying to emails?
I'm using Outlook 2003 SP3 and have several different email accounts set up on it for different business purposes etc (ie just one .pst file); an Outlook Rule files incoming emails by address in their own folders on arrival. Normally, if I receive an email addressed to address "X", then it arrives through account "X" and if I reply to it, then my reply is directed through the same account and the reply email appears to come from addres "X" - which is how I want it. However I have a couple of addresses "E" and "F", for which instead ...

I can't send emails 04-29-10
What can I do? "Papi Abu" <santosvic2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OvPw5y55KHA.5676@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > What can I do? I see that you posted here with a Yahoo address. Is this a free US based Yahoo address? If so it will not allow POP3 access, so it will not set up in WM. If you are trying to set up a different account then please copy & paste any complete error message that WM produces. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org/ http://www.microsoft.com/uk/citizenship/safeandsecure/parentadvice/defa...

Outlook 2003
I have created several active mail accounts in MS Office Pro 2003 Outlook. I wish to create a rule that sends a message addressed to a certain one of the accounts to a specific folder. The problem is, when creating the rule and selecting the account I wish the rule to apply to everything is fine until I click OK or Apply. Then the account is changed by Outlook to a different account. (Neither of the accounts in question is the default account) Try as I might I cannot get Outlook to accept the account I wish to use the rule with. It is a valid account and receives mail without a probl...

links fail: Outlook Express 6/Windows XP

locked excel File ??
Hi . I am working with my colleges with one Excel file in a shared file system. Sometime - when I open the file, there is the message "locked from College" - but he is definetly out of office and shut down his PC. We are using Excel 2003 + Excel 2007. What can I do?? THnks for help Susan ...

Locked out of database
Not sure what happened but get a message saying "database has been converted from a prior version of Access by using DAO compactdatabase and is now in a partially converted state." It says I should be able to import tables into a new data base but when I try this it just gives the same message about converting and the data base just doesn't open. Please help because lots at stake, have to do a report based on these tables so am waiting with anticipation!!!x Hi Pete, Usually this means you are opening an earlier version of Access in a new version. Make a copy of the data...

Outlook is freezing
I have a user using Outlook 2003 on a Win XP machine. She can open it fine without a problem, however when she closes Outlook and then attempts to reopen, nothing happens. (THe cursor changes for a few seconds as if it will open, but then resorts back to an arrow cursor.) She cannot open via shortcut or .exe file unless she reboots. It is not user specific - anyone who uses this machine has the same problem. I have uninstalled MS Office completely and reinstalled - several times. WIn XP has all critical updates. I am completely stuck!!! ANy ideas would be greatly appreciated. ...

I thought I was "cleaning" Outlook
Somehow I just erased my Outlook 2003. Now, when I open Outlook, I am asked for all new information! How can I restore my Outlook and all the information??? what did you do to 'clean' it? The email account information is stored in the registry. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchang...

Read Only User Mailbox
How can I setup an existing users mailbox so that that user can't send internal/external email on my Exchange 2003 SP2 Server...? They should only be able to read/delete it. Thanks, Tom... I had this issue on one project a ways back and the only process that I came up with was to force ALL mail to go through an SMTP connector and block the user at that point. I'd be interested in any other method that would insure that NO mail got sent. Not sure if this will do what you want, but you could set their quota (prohibit send) down to 0 (or something very low). -GT "Tom K&quo...

SELECT SQL, can you have two
I have a report which i need to report two sets of number on it from different table, example strSQL = "TRANSFORM CCur(Nz(Sum([Amount]),0)) AS X" strSQL = strSQL & " SELECT [" & TempVars![Display] & "] as SalesGroupingField FROM [Sales Analysis] " strSQL = strSQL & " Where [Year]=" & TempVars![Year] strSQL = strSQL & " GROUP BY [" & TempVars![Group By] & "], [" & TempVars![Display] & "]" strSQL = strSQL & " Pivot [Sales Analysis].[Quarter] In...

Outlook XP to 2007
I am trying to copy my contacts and calendar appointments from a computer with Outlook XP to my laptop with Outlook 2007. What do i need to do to copy them over? Mike D. Michael Dobony wrote: > I am trying to copy my contacts and calendar appointments from a computer > with Outlook XP to my laptop with Outlook 2007. What do i need to do to > copy them over? > > Mike D. take a look here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA010771141033.aspx more info here: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm HTH --...

Script error when tyring to create new crm contact with outlook
I have just installed CRM and web interface works ok, now I started installing outlook client and it wen't ok, only needed to install xml core separately. Everything looked great until I started testing from Outlook client, I made new crm appointment and then I tried to add new contact, I click from button labeled regarding, then from window that opened I have tried to choose account and also contact, error is same, anyway after choosing contact or account I click New... soon new window opens labeled quick create account/contact, then Internet Explorer script error box opens readin...

Outllook2007 to open my Outlook2002 Win7 says files locked.
I'm following 2002 to 2007 instructions step by step. When I point Outlook to my ..pst file, I get access restriction messages. How do I make sure these files can be accessed by Outlook 2007? Thanks. Which exact steps are these? From your Outlook 2002 machine, copy the pst-file to your Outlook 2007 machine and place it in a convenient location such as My Documents\Outlook\ In Outlook 2007 you can then reconnect to the pst-file via; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Robert Sparnaai...

outlook express #190
hi can anyone tell me whwre outlook express stores mails and under what file extension. Best regards Mohammad shamsi mohammad@shamsi.com ..dbx. Your best resource for Outlook Express questions will be a group for that program. This group is for Outlook from the Microsoft Office suite of business productivity programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has no relation to Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will b...

Idle user time-out for GP clients
Does anyone know of a way to automatically logout users that have been idle for a certain length of time? We have a 15 user license but occasionally run short for a time. Some users login just to hold their spot and that means other get locked out. I know we can spend more $$ and get more licenses but it would be nicer if we could prevent users from holding sessions open for long periiods who are not actually doing anything. -- Bruce Elniski IT Manager The DoorStore of Alberta Take a look at the Omni Tools available from Rockton software www.rocktonsoftware.com The module within Omn...