Loads of Mystery appointments (mysteriously deleted)?

Here's a wierd one... there are hundreds of deleted appointments in my
deleted items folder they are all scheduled for 'Tue 01/01/1980' and in
every other respect resemble an appointment that I was invited to about a
year ago.

The appointment is titled 'Michelle at Pearsons', and each one in deleted
items, has a partner called 'Updated: 'Michelle at Pearsons'.

But I haven't done anything with this appointment at all - for about a
year - I only discovered them recently when Google sync alerted me to the
fact that I'd deleted 12 appointments today. I hadn't actually deleted
anything, but these deleted appointments go back for months, 13 pairs - 26
appointments being deleted each day, all the same name and date - what's
going on?

It's a complete mystery to me - anyone shed any light on this?

"Michelle" <mh_londonNOJUNK@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> But I haven't done anything with this appointment at all - for about a
> year - I only discovered them recently when Google sync alerted me to the
> fact that I'd deleted 12 appointments today. I hadn't actually deleted
> anything, but these deleted appointments go back for months, 13 pairs - 26
> appointments being deleted each day, all the same name and date - what's
> going on?

Do you sync with a handheld device?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)
7/29/2009 7:50:03 PM
Yes, I do, I sync with an HTC Magic running the android (cup-cake)
operating system.

Could that be the reason?

Oh! I've just checked and it does go back to when I started sync-ing. You
are clever! is there anything I can do to stop it?

> Yes, I do, I sync with an HTC Magic running the android (cup-cake) operating
> system.
>
> Could that be the reason?
>
> Oh! I've just checked and it does go back to when I started sync-ing. You
> are clever! is there anything I can do to stop it?

Examine the settings on the Magic to see what kind of appointment retention
settings it might have.  For example, Blackberries have a default setting that
deletes appointments two weeks old and when you sync them, that removes the
corresponding appointment from Outlook as well.

Examine also the settings in whatever sync software you use.  What happens
with Outlook when you sync is completely controlled by that software.  Outlook
doesn't have any settings that control synching.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)

Deleting a macro
I am currently not well versed in Macro's for Excel. One thing I'd like to know how to do is delete a Macro that I essentially cannot find. Here's what I did: On an excel sheet I've been working with, went to: >> Tools >> Macro >> Visual Basic Editor. From there I went to Include >> Module [following the steps in Help]. But, I then cancelled out of it by clicking on the close button [the X in top right], and then closed the SpreadSheet [and saved when it asked]. But now when I start up it asks me if I want to enable Macros. When I do enable th...

SystemMailbox
I have Exchange 2000 running on Windows 2000 Server and ever since Exchange was installed there has been a SystemMailbox that has been getting emails. There are something like 1400 emails in the mailbox and I have no idea how to retrieve them or delete them. Any ideas? Thanks! -- Scott Slater ...

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01CA7D92.03F9F310 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi there, I get "loading network card information ...error provider load failure" = when I go and use systeminfo.exe . How can I fix this? Thanks, Gordon ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01CA7D92.03F9F310 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN&qu...

Automatic Deletion
My pop mail is autimatically deleting any message that is marked as read I can not figure out how to turn it off PLEASE HELP View | Current view | Show all messages Citrus wrote: > My pop mail is autimatically deleting any message that is marked as read I > can not figure out how to turn it off PLEASE HELP ...

OWA (Not Loading)
Does anyone know of any issues with Satellite Service and the right side of OWA not loading. The left side loads but the user cannot see anything on the right. OWA works from any other connection. Thanks, KG ...

SOS,how to load a invalid or damaged .gif file to create Image Object.
hi everyone. my question is this:how to load a .gif image file that is invalid or damaged image format? Notice,I want to load the invalid damaged image file to operate it. my code is below,but all of they are not correct. -------- 1.Image.FromFile(fileName);load from a file directly,it throws a OutOfMemoryException.In msdn,it's mean the file is a invalid image format. 2.Image.FromStream(stream);load from stream,it throws a ArgumentException. -------- ps:IE and Google Picasa can load and display the damaged .gif file correct. Or there is any other methods to operate the i...

Error loading CRM 3.0 Client with Outlook
I receive error message "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM Functionality" when starting Outlook with CRM 3.0 client installed. I have uninstalled CRM, Office, and cleaned the register using Register Mechanic. I am now getting the same error with an event error "A problem occurred initializing Microsoft CRM COM interopt". Anyone have any ideas? Thanks. I have the exact same issue has anyone found a solution to this? I am running all avialable updates on both Office 2003 and XP Pro, I DO NOT have the Business Contact Manager for Outlook installed. "rtop...

Delete duplicates
Hi, I have a list of numbers that contain lots of duplicates like the following: 133150 133150 133150 133154 133154 133154 133155 133156 133156 133156 198355 198355 198355 This list lives in column A. Is there a function I can use to get rid of the duplicates? It's okay if the list is transposed into another column. Thanks for any help. Hi Angie Try Data>Filter>Advanced Filter>Copy to another location>choose Copy To>Unique records only -- Regards Roger Govier "Angie M." <AngieM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Schedule Tasks/Appointments
On the 3rd Wednesday of each month I have to produce reports for one of my customers to be presented to the board of directors. The report is created and sent 2 days prior to the 3rd Wednesday so they have time to review them. How do I schedule this. I cannot use 3rd Monday of each month as for this month it would be a week late. (3rd Monday is 20th but 3rd Wednesday is 15th). I need to schedule before the 3rd Wednesday. Is there some way of scheduling it for 2 days before the 3rd Wednesday of each month? Craig Couldn't you schedule it for the 3rd Wednesday and set the noti...

deleted user
I have Exchange Server 5.5 sp3 loaded on a winnt server sp4 machine. I deleted a user and now when you send a message to ALL from the Global Address List it comes back with a message stating that the deleted user's name cannot be found...any ideas? "Jim Chesley" <jachesley@angolawire.com> wrote: >I have Exchange Server 5.5 sp3 loaded on a winnt server >sp4 machine. I deleted a user and now when you send a >message to ALL from the Global Address List it comes back >with a message stating that the deleted user's name cannot >be found...any ideas...

cannot delete condional formatting
I have applied several conditional formats and had some conflicting results. At this point, I would like to delete all conditional formatting and start over. When I go to edit > go to > conditional formatting to highlight all or same formatting, then go to format > conditional formatting, it is blank. It does show my previous conditional formatting settings if I only select one cell of the sheet that I know that it was applied to, so it is there. It is a huge sheet, so I would like a way to identify and remove it all at once. It almost seems that the "go to" method ...

Appointment Created in CRM not showing in Blackberry
Hello, Is anybody can tell me why the appointments created in CRM 3.0 is showing on the outlook client but it is not being carried over when using blackberry. Is there anything that we should do or set-up to make sure that all the appointments we created in CRM will also reflect with our blackberry? Please help. Thanks. There is a third party vendor who supplies a CRM Client for the BlackBerry, but it is not an option from Microsoft. -- Anne Stanton, MBSCP-CRM President, The Norwich Group Principal, GlobalBrain LLC The CRM Lady at www.CRMLady.com ------------------------------...

Cannot delete into deleted items
When I click a message, and then hit Delete, the only thing that happens to the message is it gets a StrikeTrough line on it and it stays in the inbox, just like that. I want it to completely move itself into the Deleted Items folder, just like it did in previous versions!! Can you help me? ...

loading web application project suddonly takes 5 mintues and says "Contacting server to open Web project.." wile it takes 5 minutes to load. how to fix? i tried reregistering asp.net and iisreset. no
loading web application project suddonly takes 5 mintues and says "Contacting server to open Web project.." wile it takes 5 minutes to load. how to fix? i tried reregistering asp.net and iisreset. no progres. ...

Outlook 2003 won't let me delete msg in Outbox
I have an email in my outbox that has a 6 MB attachment. Well, for whatever reason, Outlook was having issues sending the email, so after several hours, I decided to delete it. Pressing the delete button does nothing, no error. Trying to permenantly delete it (shift delete) and it gives me the error message "The item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied." It's a bizarre error. I'm only using Outlook as a pop3 email reader. There's no exchange on the backend. This is with Windows XP Professional. Any help woul...

recover emails deleted from deleted items folder
Hello, Can anyone help us recover emails deleted from deleted items folder in Outlook Express, using Windows XP? Please contact us if you can. Thank you, John NYGems@optonline.net <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone help us recover emails deleted from deleted > items folder in Outlook Express, using Windows XP? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup and visit http://www.oehelp.com/DBXtract/Default.aspx -- Brian Tillman ...

won't delete email
I'musing outlook 2000 and when i delete myemails from my inbox, only a line goes threw them. is tehre a way i can completey delete them from my inbox?? ...

can't delete a folder with a comma?
Outlook 2003 w/ SP2. A user has a folder called "IT,Etc" and we can't delete it. When he right-clicks and chooses "delete" it asks him to confirm, he presses ok and nothing happens. He's not using a PST, this is folder that's sitting on his exchange mailbox. We tried accessing the folder in Outlook Web Access but it gives a 1.1 500 error. Please help! Thanks! <jeff80@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1135268753.249237.207480@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Outlook 2003 w/ SP2. A user has a folder called "IT,Etc" and we can't >...

Selecting contacts from the appointment form
When linking to a contact through the appointment form, it brings up a box to select contact, and the default folder is the contact folder in my mailbox. Is there a way to get the default folder (Look in:) to go directly to a contact folder in the public folders directory? Thank you, No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Michelle Long" <Michelle Long@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4018B096-C342-421B-B...

delete item report
show all the delete items that has been delete from the pos rsms transactions, and who delete and the time and the transaction number. that way if somebody wants to steal the owner nows who is deleting and to whom. You could disable the deletion of items and only allow to certain individuals. i.e. the owner Rob "josenpos" <josenpos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:288F7347-A498-4800-9933-13B9CC1A89B9@microsoft.com... > show all the delete items that has been delete from the pos rsms > transactions, and who delete and the time and the transaction num...

What do I load ?
Hello. I'm trying to develop a web comsuming client using VS.NET 2003(VB), .NET Framework 1.1.4322, ASP.NET 1.1.4322, WSE2.0 on a WinXP Pro Sp2 comuter. If i comsume this web service: https://xatanet.net/xatanetwebservice/tripexportservice.asmx and do this operation: RetrieveArchivedTrips using: Dim strDate As Date = "2006-04-01" Dim endDate As Date = "2006-04-28" proxy.RetrieveArchivedTrips(strDate, endDate) What do I load when i use the following statements in my program: Dim doc as XmlDocument = new XmlDocument() doc.Load() Any...

Outlook 2007 using IMAP settings: Deleted files are disappearing
I am using Outlook 2007 (using IMAP settings) and Windows 7. When I delete an e-mail in Outlook, a line appears through the message and it disappears after a few seconds but the message does not get moved to the deleted (Outlook and IMAP) files folder. I have checked for the deleted message in my IMAP deleted files and/or trash folder via webmail as well as in the Outlook deleted folder. I have unchecked the auto archive and the option to purge the folder on exiting in Outlook. Can anyone tell me where these files have gone? Could it be something in my settings? Is this a...

Debug image fails to load.
Hi, I created an OS design with KITL, Kernel debugger enabled in Debug mode. But when i try to load the image to the CEPC it fails to boot. I am attaching the log here. ------ SERIAL PORT LOG starts ----------- Microsoft Windows CE Ethernet Bootloader Common Library Version 1.0 Built Dec 9 2002 18:35:13 Copyright (c) 2000-2001 Microsoft Corporation Microsoft Windows CE Ethernet Bootloader 3.3 for CE/PC (Feb 6 2003) Boot Args @ 0x1F136 and ucLoaderFlags is 1 PCI Device Configurations (3 PCI bus(es) present)... ======================================================== Bus, Devi...

Click on a link and a picture loads in cell depending on which link you have clicked
Hello If I have five links in cells A1:A5 with peoples names. How can get... e.g. If I click on Bill in A2 then a picture of Bill loads in cell D1 an then click Mark and a picture of Mark loads in D1. Thanks in advanc -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I'm not sure what you mean by link in A1 through A5, but I'd try it this way: Put all 5 pictures on the worksheet and position them where you want them. Name them to match the values in A1:A5. Select the picture for Bill and then type Bill in the name box (to the left of the formulabar) and hit enter. After all 5...

Hi I am logged on as Domain administrator and have installed Office 2000 twice over.. I am getting the following error, and I have put it into Microsoft Support but it comes up with nothing. The error is "Unknown Error 0xAF54011D You Do not have permission to log on" any Ideas thanks It helps telling where you get this error and where you are trying to connect to. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "News" <sasa@sdfad.com> wrote in message ...