Links in Outlook 2003 open Save As... dialog box

I'm not sure exactly when this started happening.
Whenever I click a link in Outlook 2003 now, it opens the
Save As... dialog box as well as the Website connected to
the link. It doesn't matter what type of link it is; the
dialog always shows up with the .exe file type selected.
Any ideas?
0
sixcolors (1)

Does it oen the Save As dialog or does it open the Locate Link Browser
dialog? In case of the last direct it to iexplore.exe

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Backup and Restore

-----
"Six" <sixcolors@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I'm not sure exactly when this started happening.
> Whenever I click a link in Outlook 2003 now, it opens the
> Save As... dialog box as well as the Website connected to
> the link. It doesn't matter what type of link it is; the
> dialog always shows up with the .exe file type selected.
> Any ideas?

0
Roady

outlook blocked access
getting the following message on one of our sales computers when a customer attempts to send a document signature_.pdf.url Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments. 1st what is a pdf.url ? some type of adobe document but what ?? How do i keep Outlook from blocking this ?? it could be a virus/worm. (they use a double tapped extension to fool the user into thinking that it is a safe attachment type like *.pdf) has the user written back the sender to confirm that it was something they sent to them? "m macon" <maconm@earthlink.net> wrote in m...

Problem Printing out Outlook Contacts
I'm using Outlook 2007 as part of Microsoft Office Small Business. Today I tried to print out a contact listing for the first time (installed only a couple of months ago so I don't know if this has been a problem the whole time or if my problem "just started") when I print out all my Contacts, Outlook is merging the names of some of my contacts and using the address of one of the contacts. Example: Mary Smith Mark Sutter 123 Main st. anytown , USA 12345 prints out when in fact Mary Smith and Mark Sutter are 2 separate contacts with 2 different addresses. ...

Change link between form and subform

Outlook 2003 name resolution
I have had a few people ask why one day all of a sudden, when they type in the first few characters, the auto name resolution just stopped responding. They type the first few letters, and usually the drop down appears with option, but now it doesnt. Any ideas? We are using OL2003 w. SP1 on WinXP boxes.... Thanks in advance.... Chris Chris <chrishoche@odysseylogistics.com> wrote: > I have had a few people ask why one day all of a sudden, when they > type in the first few characters, the auto name resolution just > stopped responding. > > They type the first few l...

linking #4

sharing outlook with 2 or more computers?
Hi I have 2 networked computers both running windows xp i want to share the same out look program and files is there any way of doing this?? ...

Linked Forms

Links not linking

Open a form in a subform depending on button.
Hi Sorry this is probably really simple but for the lfie of my can't find how to do it. I have a form with three buttons and an Unbound subform. I would like that when I click one of the buttons it opens another form in the currently unbound subform. I can work out how to open a form in another window but I want it to open in the subform. Also If I wanted it to open a query instead of another form in this subform would this change much? Thanks James On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 03:37:02 -0800, james <james@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Me.mySubformControl...

Excel 2003- Tabbing to a specific location in a cell
I have created a template and I want to be able to fill in parts of the template by just tabbing and the cursor to move to the next cell...and to a specific area in the cell...how do i set up my template to do this? THanks so much unlock the cells you want to tab to. leave the other cells protected. then protected the sheet. -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "monty the magician" <monty the magician@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD3728D8-E730-407E-B58A-FED2C6D9EA8A@microsoft.com... >I have created a template and I want to be able to f...

outlook icon in status bar?
I have a small icon in the outlook status bar since 1 day. It is a harddisk connected to a network and there is a red cross thorugh the network. ANy idea what it means. Everything seems to be working fine. It probably means you're working offline. Try clicking "Work Offline" on the File menu to toggle back to Online mode. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:047e01c3cd30$c1da2850$a301280a@phx.gbl, robp wrote: > I have a small ico...

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

How do I import OE .dbx files into outlook?
Old machine crashed but had fortunately backed up data, including important OE .dbx files. How do I import these .dbx files into outlook (no longer have OE) so I can access the content? Simon wrote: > Old machine crashed but had fortunately backed up data, including important > OE .dbx files. > > How do I import these .dbx files into outlook (no longer have OE) so I can > access the content? Why do you no longer have OE on the old machine that crashed that we are to assume where you will reinstall the same version of Windows that before had OE? See http...

Location of outlook emails
Hello all, I am trying to retreive some messages from my outlook. I recently had a crash and have slaved my hard drive into another computer. Can anyone tell me where the email data is kept so I can pull off those old emails? Thanks in advance for your help! Jen search the drive for "*.ost" or "*.pst" "Jen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:263401c427de$a8478960$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hello all, > > I am trying to retreive some messages from my outlook. I > recently had a crash and have slaved my hard drive into &...

.NET Webservice Accessing Exchange 2003
I would like to setup a .NET webservice that will access an Exchange 2003 server and perform the following tasks: 1) Given a particular email address, return all headers/subjects that matches the TO or FROM field. The purpose would be to return all emails from a particular individual in order to enhance a home grown CRM system. It would have to search a select few exchange mailboxes. 2) Given the particular email, return the body of the email. Is this possible? If so, what kind of performance am I looking at here given upwards of 20,000 total emails in 3 or 4 mailboxes? If this is possib...

Outlook 2003 Marked as Read
When I ran Outlook/OfficeXP Pro - as I received email the new mail was highlighted in bold / black and after I scrolled thru it, clicked on it, or opened it, the message un-bolded. I migrated to Office Pro 2003 because Sharepoint is not integrated to XP Office (linked events, etc). Now new mail comes in and the envelope icon appears. I literally have to open it for it to be marked as read. Where is the option to have new mail in bold and marked as read without having to open it or physically click "Marked as read"? I looking for the mail option like I had in all prev...

Link To A Cell From Chart

Outlook Ldap distribution groups
Hello all, does anyone know how to setup distribution groups for Outlook in the LDAP directory. I am using corp LDAP and can create security and distribution groups in AD with email addresses associated with them, but when you select them from ldap list, they come back undeliverable. I have a couple of other posts on this and nobody seems to have the answer. Can anyone help?? ...

links

Linked Tables Over A LAN

open continuous form
How can I set continuous form to open showing top of recordset, rather than bottom? Switchboard manager opens to show empty new Add row, even when set to Open in Edit mode. Can scroll up to top, but when open form right from database window in a2003, opens form from top of recordset. thx! On Oct 31, 4:03 pm, nycdon <nyc...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I set continuous form to open showing top of recordset, rather than > bottom? > Switchboard manager opens to show empty new Add row, even when set to Open > in Edit mode. Can scroll up to top, but when open ...

Excel 2003 tries to Set Up
I have Excel 2002 loaded on my PC. Just recently, when I try to open an Excel file, it goes thru Windows Installer and comes up with MS Office 2003 setup window.....asking me for user name, initials, product key. In order to get around this, I have to open my Excel 2002 program first, then Open my file. Can anyone please tell me why this is happening all of a sudden? It is very annoying. thanks, Nelda Hi Nelda Not quite sure myself but may be that the Excel files you are opening were created in an earlier or later version of Excel and when you try and open them they search for that vers...

outlook identity
I set up a new email account for my company, and i want it to be separated from my personal email, i think i have to look for identity, but it doesn't work. "Cristina" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15c401c499ac$9839dc90$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I set up a new email account for my company, and i want > it to be separated from my personal email, i think i have > to look for identity, but it doesn't work. > Outlook has profiles. Outlook EXPRESS uses Identities. ...

Outlook 2003: Hiding Folders
Ignorant Outlook user here... Outlook 2003. My office PC is potentailly viewable by many different people... Is there any way to either hide, or encrypt individual folders inside Outlook? Specifically folders in my Inbox? Any 3rd party apps if Outlook won't do it? Thanks, B Are you using an Exchange server? Do the others need to access your machine, or is it just that your machine is in a fairly public location? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post qu...

email from outlook
bought laptop with Outlook already loaded. I can't email from my contacts. the outlook license page says "no email" how can i get the email.. thanks Have you added any mail accounts to your profile? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:009f01c3b134$10820cc0$a501280a@phx.gbl, capemey wrote: > bought laptop with Outlook already loaded. I can't email > from my contacts. the outlook license page says "no email" > ho...