link from outlook to word bookmark opens doc but not at bookmark

I want to put a link into an email (Outlook 2003) to open a Word doc
right at a bookmark.

When I test the link (by sending the email to myself and clicking the
link), it opens the Word doc, but at the top of the doc, not at the
bookmark.

I know the bookmark works, because when I paste the link into another
Word doc and click it, it opens the target Word doc right at the
bookmark.

Any insight?

Yeah, this disappoints me too. I cannot make this work anywhere
except in the Word document.

Nikki

"JOH" <JOHolloway@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I want to put a link into an email (Outlook 2003) to open a Word doc
> right at a bookmark.
>
> When I test the link (by sending the email to myself and clicking the
> link), it opens the Word doc, but at the top of the doc, not at the
> bookmark.
>
> I know the bookmark works, because when I paste the link into another
> Word doc and click it, it opens the target Word doc right at the
> bookmark.
>
> Any insight?

outlook blocked access
getting the following message on one of our sales computers when a customer attempts to send a document signature_.pdf.url Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments. 1st what is a pdf.url ? some type of adobe document but what ?? How do i keep Outlook from blocking this ?? it could be a virus/worm. (they use a double tapped extension to fool the user into thinking that it is a safe attachment type like *.pdf) has the user written back the sender to confirm that it was something they sent to them? "m macon" <maconm@earthlink.net> wrote in m...

Problem Printing out Outlook Contacts
I'm using Outlook 2007 as part of Microsoft Office Small Business. Today I tried to print out a contact listing for the first time (installed only a couple of months ago so I don't know if this has been a problem the whole time or if my problem "just started") when I print out all my Contacts, Outlook is merging the names of some of my contacts and using the address of one of the contacts. Example: Mary Smith Mark Sutter 123 Main st. anytown , USA 12345 prints out when in fact Mary Smith and Mark Sutter are 2 separate contacts with 2 different addresses. ...

Change link between form and subform

Outlook 2003 name resolution
I have had a few people ask why one day all of a sudden, when they type in the first few characters, the auto name resolution just stopped responding. They type the first few letters, and usually the drop down appears with option, but now it doesnt. Any ideas? We are using OL2003 w. SP1 on WinXP boxes.... Thanks in advance.... Chris Chris <chrishoche@odysseylogistics.com> wrote: > I have had a few people ask why one day all of a sudden, when they > type in the first few characters, the auto name resolution just > stopped responding. > > They type the first few l...

linking #4

sharing outlook with 2 or more computers?
Hi I have 2 networked computers both running windows xp i want to share the same out look program and files is there any way of doing this?? ...

Linked Forms

Links not linking

outlook icon in status bar?
I have a small icon in the outlook status bar since 1 day. It is a harddisk connected to a network and there is a red cross thorugh the network. ANy idea what it means. Everything seems to be working fine. It probably means you're working offline. Try clicking "Work Offline" on the File menu to toggle back to Online mode. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:047e01c3cd30$c1da2850$a301280a@phx.gbl, robp wrote: > I have a small ico...

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

How do I import OE .dbx files into outlook?
Old machine crashed but had fortunately backed up data, including important OE .dbx files. How do I import these .dbx files into outlook (no longer have OE) so I can access the content? Simon wrote: > Old machine crashed but had fortunately backed up data, including important > OE .dbx files. > > How do I import these .dbx files into outlook (no longer have OE) so I can > access the content? Why do you no longer have OE on the old machine that crashed that we are to assume where you will reinstall the same version of Windows that before had OE? See http...

Location of outlook emails
Hello all, I am trying to retreive some messages from my outlook. I recently had a crash and have slaved my hard drive into another computer. Can anyone tell me where the email data is kept so I can pull off those old emails? Thanks in advance for your help! Jen search the drive for "*.ost" or "*.pst" "Jen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:263401c427de$a8478960$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hello all, > > I am trying to retreive some messages from my outlook. I > recently had a crash and have slaved my hard drive into &...

Outlook 2003 Marked as Read
When I ran Outlook/OfficeXP Pro - as I received email the new mail was highlighted in bold / black and after I scrolled thru it, clicked on it, or opened it, the message un-bolded. I migrated to Office Pro 2003 because Sharepoint is not integrated to XP Office (linked events, etc). Now new mail comes in and the envelope icon appears. I literally have to open it for it to be marked as read. Where is the option to have new mail in bold and marked as read without having to open it or physically click "Marked as read"? I looking for the mail option like I had in all prev...

Link To A Cell From Chart

Outlook Ldap distribution groups
Hello all, does anyone know how to setup distribution groups for Outlook in the LDAP directory. I am using corp LDAP and can create security and distribution groups in AD with email addresses associated with them, but when you select them from ldap list, they come back undeliverable. I have a couple of other posts on this and nobody seems to have the answer. Can anyone help?? ...

links

Linked Tables Over A LAN

outlook identity
I set up a new email account for my company, and i want it to be separated from my personal email, i think i have to look for identity, but it doesn't work. "Cristina" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15c401c499ac$9839dc90$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I set up a new email account for my company, and i want > it to be separated from my personal email, i think i have > to look for identity, but it doesn't work. > Outlook has profiles. Outlook EXPRESS uses Identities. ...

Outlook 2003: Hiding Folders
Ignorant Outlook user here... Outlook 2003. My office PC is potentailly viewable by many different people... Is there any way to either hide, or encrypt individual folders inside Outlook? Specifically folders in my Inbox? Any 3rd party apps if Outlook won't do it? Thanks, B Are you using an Exchange server? Do the others need to access your machine, or is it just that your machine is in a fairly public location? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post qu...

Office 2004: Word
Hi there, Anyone experiencing their Word 2004 running slow in OS X.10.3.4? I'm running on a G4 with RAM is 567 with plenty of HD space. Thanks for your help in advance. Cheers. What do you mean by running slow? Exactly what is slow? DM On 8/1/04 10:20 AM, "TKK" wrote: > Hi there, > > Anyone experiencing their Word 2004 running slow in OS X.10.3.4? I'm > running on a G4 with RAM is 567 with plenty of HD space. > > Thanks for your help in advance. > > Cheers. Hi Mitchell, After I type the word on the keyboard it then starts appearing on th...

email from outlook
bought laptop with Outlook already loaded. I can't email from my contacts. the outlook license page says "no email" how can i get the email.. thanks Have you added any mail accounts to your profile? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:009f01c3b134$10820cc0$a501280a@phx.gbl, capemey wrote: > bought laptop with Outlook already loaded. I can't email > from my contacts. the outlook license page says "no email" > ho...

Links

Word 2002 / Outlook 2003 email mail merge
Hi, This is driving me nuts. I'm trying to do an email mail merge in Word 2002. When it comes to executing the mail merge, not only does Word not offer which Outlook account to use, it also ignores my default account and instead uses some random account that does not appear in the Outlook Email Accounts list. I've tried deleting my Outlook accounts; deleting Outlook profile then recreating accounts.... to no avail. Where the hell is Word getting the random account info from and why is it ignoring my default Outlook account? Thanks a million in advance!! You can't use integra...

email links in Publisher pdf

Outlook 2002 Will Not Start
I just reinstalled my Outlook 2002 after my CDrive was reformated and XP was reinstalled. I just installed Service Pack 3 also. Now I cannot get Outlook 2002 to start. I get this message in a dialogue box: "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Unalbe to display the selected folder or item. Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid." I tried to reinstall Outlook 2002 again . shut down my computer and restarted it . no change . same message. help! Will I got it to start YEAH!!!!! ...