Line Wrapping Fix Not Working

I'm aware of Microsoft's registry changes to prevent line wrapping in
plain text messages:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=823921

However, it seems to not have any effect.  I'm running Outlook 2003 on
WinXP (with Office XP as the rest of my Office environment).  I'm
connecting to an Exchange 2003 server in Cached mode and have my
default message format changed to plain text.

Has anyone had any issues getting the registry change to go into
effect?  When replying to messages, the very strange line wrapping
behavior persists, even with the WrapLines key set to 0.  Any help
would be appreciated.

Hans

Excel 2003 Word Wrap Problem within cell
When I have a cell with a lot of text in it, for instance a 10 line paragraph, even with word wrapping turned on,Excel seems to cut off the sentence and doesn't show all the text that should be displayed in the cell. Anyone see this before? If I click on the cell I can see all the text in the formula area at the top of Excel, but it's just not being displayed correctly in the cell. I have tried copying the text into a new cell, a new workbook, etc. I have the text aligned to the top and to the left. I've also tried changing it to all other settings and the same result. I have f...

Converting Excel table with multi-line cells into Access DB
Hello ~ I need to export a MSWord table to an Access table. The original Word table contains multiple lines of text in each cell, separated with carriage-return(line return). .. I would like to retain these multiple lines within in each destination field in Access or Excel I have the following structure in my Word table: Column1: PhotoID (alphanumeric,single line) Column2: Image of the photos(jpeg/bmp) Column3: Description(text, multiline) Column4: Code#(alphanumeric, single line) Column5: Notes(text, multiline) In short, how do you tranfer those multi-line cells(with carriage-return...

Line Spacing and Line Justification
I am a Publisher novice. On a blank page I pasted a PowerPoint Presentation slide. Below the slide I drew a line and copied that same line multiple times. How do I make the spacing between theses lines of equal ditance? How do I align these lines so that they are basically at the same starting point on the left side of the page? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Regards, Mercury The best way would be to create guidelines. Select your created line, while holding the ctrl, (the cursor will turn into a + sign) pull the copy to the next guideline. If you go the copy route, ...

How to fix an incorrect conversion rate in a new entity in a/p sub
I set up a new entity in Great Plains, version 9. The only transactions I entered were to establish the A/P detail in the subsidiary ledger. The problem is that I used an incorrect conversion rate from Sterling to Euro. Is there a way to delete this activity and start over? I do not want to delete the new entity and then create a new one because I do not beleive you can use the same entity name. Thank you. Sorry, you're out of luck. Next time be more careful during setup. -- Darryl L. Miller "LH" wrote: > I set up a new entity in Great Plains, version 9. The only t...

Publisher and Word should work better together
When I cut and paste from Word to Publisher, or Publisher to Word. The formating becomes disorganized. It is difficult when you are working with people who are editing your document and they do not have Publisher. Even the page size comes across differently. It is very anoying when products from the same company don't play well with each other! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, fo...

Skipping a line by condition
Thanks for reading this. I have a report that is grouped by [positiontitle] in a two column report. It prints out ok. The thing is what I want it to do is when a new [positiontitle] comes up I want it to skip a line in the report. For example: Worker George Fred Non Worker Bill Tom The way it comes up now is: Worker George Tom Non Worker Bill Tom The [positiontitle] is located in the header of the report. Thanks for your help. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/2...

Outlook 2002 recover deleted items not working
Outlook 2002 "recover deleted items" not working when I access Tools, Recover deleted items. As soon as the deleted items show, an error message pops up saying that microsoft outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. The system is a Dell GX260 Optiplex running Windows 2000 Service Pack 3. I've installed Outlook 2002 service pack 1, still no luck. I've installed Outlook 2002 service pack 2, still no luck. I uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook 2002, sitll no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Step Line Charts
Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vertical. Hi Carrie, You Will need some form of extra data to get excel to create a step chart. Take a look at these methods. (http://www.andypope.info/charts/stepchart.htm) Carrie wrote: > Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vert...

Line colors in a bargraph
ColorNum and m_Array are set before entry which works fine except for all bars are outlined in black which is not a major problem, but would like to eliminate. How do I draw the line in the code below a different color than the bars? Below is a snip from my BarChart() routine: CBrush BlackBrush(RGB(10,10,10)); CBrush CyanBrush(RGB(1,39,229)); CBrush MagentaBrush(RGB(176,4,174)); CBrush YellowBrush(RGB(187,176,3)); CBrush GrayBrush(RGB(230,230,230)); if (m_Array.GetSize()) { // ***** THE PROBLEM IS HERE WHERE I WOULD LIKE THE DRAWN LINE TO BE LIGHT GRAY ***** MemDC.Sele...

Data validation does not seem to work with copy/paste
I have set up some data validation for each cell within a range. When manually enter invalid data in one of those cells, the data validatio works and an error message pops up. When I copy from one cell wit data to another cell, where the data validation results in false, i allows me to paste the value with no error message. Is there any wa to fix this -- LA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=965 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46802 ...

OWA - Hangs "Loading" Inbox
2 of our OWA servers have recently stopped functioning. The login appears ok and the interface starts to load, but the fonts are wrong (times new roman is shown) and the inbox doesn't load at all, showing "Loading..." I've searched the forums/web and can see many people had the same issue, but have found no fixes that work. "Error on Page" Line: 56 Char: 1 Error: Object expected. Any suggestions or help really will be gratefully received. Thanks I had this same issue except one of my owa boxes would work and the other one didn't. I don't have a KB ar...

Please help me .... (CListCtrl multi-line column)
Dear all, I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data displayed in the control contains multiple lines. By default, the control displays the multiple-line text in a single line. In the multiple-line text, it uses "\r\n" (CR-LF). How can I set the column of CListCtrl to display the column text in multiple line like the data cell in Excel? -- Kathy This is the nearest i can find. Hope it helps http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/controls/lists,treesandcombos/article.php/c2291/ "Kathy" wrote: > Dear all, > > I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data di...

Incoming SMTP not working
E2000 as part of SBS2000. Rebooted server last night. Now no mail coming in from outside (X400 working OK inside domain). Cannot telnet to server on port 25. Got these three errors in App Log on reboot: 2102 Process MAD.EXE (PID=3568). All Domain Controller Servers in use are not responding: 2104 Process INETINFO.EXE (PID=2896). All the DS Servers in domain are not responding. 8250 The Win32 API call 'DsGetDCNameW' returned error code [0x862] The specified component could not be found in the configuration information. The service could not be initialized. Make sure that t...

Line chart with value on the line
Hi, I have implement a line chart by thousands of data rows for a stock. Now I want to show values on 10 particular points with the lable E.g, one extra column for displaying the label. TradeDate Ticker Close Label 04/01/1999 1234 63.67 05/01/1999 1234 63 06/01/1999 1234 63 Mr. A buy 07/01/1999 1234 67.33 08/01/1999 1234 68.33 11/01/1999 1234 68.67 Mr. B buy Does anyone teach me how to do this ?? thanks Ginola "Ginola" <ginola@fake.email.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3fdc1aa6.8209734@msnews.microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have implement a line chart b...

removing black lines
Sometimes I type an underline bar across the page. At the end of the page I'll hit the return (enter) key. When I do, the underline bar turns into a big black bar. Then I can't get rid of it. It just stays there. How can I get rid of this black bar? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> &...

Microsoft Money has stopped working
I have MS Money 2003 Standard. I recently bought a new laptop with Windows Vista Business and when I load Money it seems to work fine with the blank Money file installed as standard. As soon as I try to open one of my files, it tries to update the database to the current version which seems weird as it is the same disc installation I was using on my XP machine. Just after the "update" starts it gives me the "Microsoft Money has stopped working" error and tries to contact Microsoft for a reason. No reason comes back so it restarts Money. Please help as I really need ...

want to filter out emails, with subjest line starting with a specfic sring
Hi All, I am using MS outlook 2003, I am trying to find out how can i create a rule to filter out emails with subject line starting with a specific string, but not to filter if that string is in the middle of subject line. i.e. lets take the sting as Foo Filer if Foo is in the starting don't filter if if the Foo is not in the starting. if any of you aware of the trick to make this happen please let me know, i tried to google it, but couldn't find anything related to it. Thanks Anand outlook doesn't offer anyway to build that sort of rule. If you can coun...

Line graph question
How do I get my date axes (the horizontal axes) to start at zero followed by the first day of the month. -- WH99 Hi, If your dates are entered in the spreadsheet as dates then you may have problems - Excel stores dates as numbers so today is 39594 and 0 would be January 0, 1900. This would tend to spread the x-axis out quite a ways. If your dates are not entered as dates then make the first entry 0,0 - that is put another entry in the data area whose date value is 0 and whose value is 0. There are potential problems with this approach - each entry will be spaced equidistant apart ...

how do i open old protected excel 98 spredsheet using works suite 2002
I have a excel 98 worksheet that was password-protected on a floppy disc. that i am trying to open with works suite 2002 spredsheet. when i try and open it i get a message to open it in the application it was saved in take off the protection resave it and then open it using xp, is there any other way thanks for your help I did not know that Works could open XL files. You cannot save xl files "in xp" unless you have XL. In any event XL files should never be opened from nor saved to a floppy. Save to HD first, then open/copy to floppy. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb....

reading line by line
Dear all, I have a big problem, but I don't known how excel can solve it. I have a sheet with like it: process process_line status values_USD 0255155 10 44 10 0255155 20 44 20 0255156 10 33 11 0255156 20 44 21 0256157 10 33 12 0256157 20 33 22 0256157 30 33 23 0256158 10 ...

Read Mail button in IE8 not working
I upgraded from IE6 to IE8 today, and find that the Read Mail button does not work. In Tools / Internet Options / Programs / E-mail is set as Outlook Express (same as it was in IE6, where the Read Mail button worked fine). Also checked Control Panel / Add-Remove / Set Programs Access & Defaults / Outlook Express is ticked. What else should I check or set? TIA, George P.S. Using Windows XP with SP3. Thanks for the quick reply, but tried that and it didn't work. "VanguardLH" <V@nguard.LH> wrote in message news:hsnr0n$p6...

Text wrapping 12-09-09
I need text to justify or align right within a right triangle. Even though I Text Wrap to create the hypotenuse of the right triangle,with which I want the text to align, the text still conforms to the original rectangular text box. I read about "Auto Shapes", but don't know how to get to it. How do I get this to work? Thank you! "Tom C" wrote: > I need text to justify or align right within a right triangle. Even though I > Text Wrap to create the hypotenuse of the right triangle,with which I want > the text to align, the text still confor...

Adding a line to the line/column chart?
Is there anyway I can add a second line to the line/column chart? Basically I have 3 sets of data that I want to plot vs. time on the same graph. 1 using the column format, the other 2 being lines connected by data points. Create the chart using all the data, right click on the one you want to change to a line and select chart type from the dialogue box and choose the type you want. There are a few restrictions on the mix you can have though. -- John MOS Master Instructor Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "Steven"...

Can I link timeline labels to a line chart?
I've been trying to do this for a bit and can't seem to find a way. I am trying to do a line chart of weekly sales for two product lines over several years (2 separate lines). What I would like to do is overlay labels for press releases (so you can see if they have an impact on sales) on the same chart, and have a line from the name of the press release to the correct corresponding point on the line chart that is "active", so as more points are added to the chart, the line indicating the unit corresponding to the date of the press release will move also. Additionally, the...

Converting Microsoft Works database
I have been attempting to convert an old Microsoft Works Database document so that I can open it with Microsoft Office. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Open the Works database in Works and save it in a format that Access can read (dbf, text, csv). Then open Access and import. -- Joan Wild Microsoft Access MVP "Michael" <michaellbashford@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5f3901c3776d$a2045780$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have been attempting to convert an old Microsoft Works > Database document so that I can open it with Microsoft > Office. A...