LDAP Server

I have added an LDAP server as a service in Outlook. It
normally works fine, but the problem is when searching for
a name which is duplicated (common name), only the last
person is returned in Outlook.

I have captured packets and found that in one case 5
results are being returned, but only 1 is displayed in
Outlook.

I have tested this on both Outlook 2000 SP 3 and Outlook XP
SP 2.

Does anyone know why Outlook filters results and only
displays the last result from the query?

Thanks for your help

Sure I will email you with the info

Thanks, Mike

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:18:23 -0400, greg mansius [MSFT]
<gregmans@online.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Mike,
>
> Is this LDAP server something I could hit from my end of things? I would
> like to see a repro to better determine what might be going on.
>
> Thanks,

I tried emailing you but your address isn't working. Here is the info:

Our ldap server name is ldap.uconn.edu, search base is dc=uconn,dc=edu
Does not require a login. Try searching for matthew smith. You can verify
the problem by visiting phonebook.uconn.edu and doing the same search, or
by adding the account to Outlook Express and using Windows find people
function. Both of these produce correct results

Thanks again for the help Let me know if you need anything else

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:18:23 -0400, greg mansius [MSFT]
<gregmans@online.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Mike,
>
> Is this LDAP server something I could hit from my end of things? I would
> like to see a repro to better determine what might be going on.
>
> Thanks,

Great. I am very interested in learning what you find out

Mick

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 09:23:33 -0400, greg mansius [MSFT]
<gregmans@online.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Mick,
>
> I have repro'd the issue with the information you provided -- thanks.
> Now, I
> need to do some research into the issue.

Mick,

What I found is not necessarily good :-)

This behavior is apparently by-design in Outlook 2002 and I have tried every
trick in the book to get this to work as you hoped (like OE). What's the
chance of changing display names for the different "Matthew Smith" users.
For example, "Matthew A Smith" or "Matthew Smith (1)". If this can be done,
then I think Outlook 2002 will return all the different users whose name is
Matthew Smith.

--
Greg Mansius [MSFT]

"Mick DiGrazia" <mick.digrazia@uconn.edu> wrote in message
> Great. I am very interested in learning what you find out
>
> Mick
>
> On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 09:23:33 -0400, greg mansius [MSFT]
> <gregmans@online.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Mick,
> >
> > I have repro'd the issue with the information you provided -- thanks.
> > Now, I
> > need to do some research into the issue.

gregmans (163)
7/24/2003 4:18:04 PM
It's not likely that we can change the listings, as the server is getting a
feed from our business systems. I am surprised that this is done by design
in Outlook. Every other client I have tried works like you would expect.
Having duplicate display names in our directory does not seem to be an
issue only we would see - I would think many organizations would see this
as a problem

Mick

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:18:04 -0400, greg mansius [MSFT]
<gregmans@online.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Mick,
>
> What I found is not necessarily good :-)
>
> This behavior is apparently by-design in Outlook 2002 and I have tried
> every
> trick in the book to get this to work as you hoped (like OE). What's the
> chance of changing display names for the different "Matthew Smith" users.
> For example, "Matthew A Smith" or "Matthew Smith (1)". If this can be
> done,
> then I think Outlook 2002 will return all the different users whose name
> is
> Matthew Smith.

Server Lockdown
Hi, Can anyone let me know how i can effectively lock down my 2003 Exchange server to stop anonymous user access , smtp relay etc. What are industry secure standards. For the most part, E2K3 is pretty well locked down out of the box. It does not allow anonymous access to mailboxes or public folders by default and it does not allow SMTP relay by default. I wrote an eBook on Messaging security that might be helpful. http://nexus.realtimepublishers.com/ttgsm.htm Microsoft publishes a guide on Exchange 2003 Hardening guide, this might be helpful, too. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads...

5.5 Admin tool on Server 2003
My Veritas backup software on Server 2003 needs the Exchange 5.5 Admin tool installed to connect to Exchange 5.5 on NT. I've seen mentioned in other posts there is a 5.5 admin utility that comes on the Exchange 2003 cd. Anyone done this before? Did a custom install of Exchange 2003 and only installed System Management Tools. Exchange Admin 5.5 is one of them. It's all good. "bclay" wrote: > My Veritas backup software on Server 2003 needs the Exchange 5.5 Admin tool > installed to connect to Exchange 5.5 on NT. > > I've seen mentioned in other p...

Outlook not deleting mail on server
Hi I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003 on 3 computers, accessing 3 separate e-mail accounts at my ISP. All 3 were working fine until a cuple of days ago, now 2 are misbehaving and one is fine. The "misbehaviour" is, Outlook does not delete the mail from the server, so each time it goes to the server for received mail, it downloads (again) whatever was there previouslt plus any new stuff. "Leave a copy of messages on server" box in advanced settings is NOT ticked. If I do tick this box, then the messages are still left on the server, but duplicates are not downloaded. If I...

How to change size of a drive on Exchange Server
I have a RAID 5 setup and have divided the space into 4 drives (C, E, F, G). One of the drives is too big (G), and I'd like to reclaim the space and give it to one of the other drives (F). The drive that is too big contains only Exchange transaction logs. Is there a way that I could stop Exchange, temporarily move the transaction logs to F, delete the partition that was G, enlarge drive F (which contains the Exchange database), and then redefine a smaller G partition for the transaction logs, all without losing data? Thanks very much in advance. On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 16:36:02 -0...

SQL replication after movin MS CRM 1.2 to another new server
I'v done it rather easy, and it works ok online. However can not make data available offline. SQL relication is not configured on my new server. How should I do it? Manualy? Thanks in advance Nerijus Hey: I recommend talking directly to your MBS support Reps. Replication turned on Manually screwed up our CRM program for 4 months... Best to do it all with the help of those that know best... --Dodd "Nerijus" wrote: > I'v done it rather easy, and it works ok online. > However can not make data available offline. SQL relication is not > configured on my new s...

renaming exchange server
I want to rename my exchange server, netbios name and dns name. I am thinking of setting up a new server, and moving the mailboxes over. but what do i do with the mx record? i would not be able to move everything over at one time. so the old server need to be up and running and still receiving mail while i move mailboxes over. currently my server dns is aaa.bbb.com, netbios name aaa123 it is receiving mail as aaa.bbb.com i want to setup a new server test.bbb.com mx record - aaa.bbb.com help "tony" <none@none.com> wrote in message news:OlYz9Vc5FHA.3592@TK2MSFTNG...

Exchange Server 2007
Hi, Does anyone know when exchange 2007 RTM will be available for download on the msdn subscriptions site? And is it true that MS will only release a 64 bit version? Thanks, R Hi, The official launch of product was done by Steve Ballmer on 30th Nov. the RTM is expected to be out by this month end at the max. And you can install E2K7 on 32 bit machines as well; but only for testing and for production only 64 bit machines needs to be used. PSS will NOT support E2K7 installed only 32 bit machines. -- Cheers, Bhalchandra, MCSE-Messaging "rs" wrote: > Hi, > > Do...

Outlook and Exchange Server
Can you set up public folders in Outlook using a peer to peer network system? I'm not sure how the exchange server comes into play. I need a public folder for our contacts so as to enter them only one time and everyone can have access to them. We plan to purchase a server in the future but until then can this be accomplished through a peer to peer? No, Public Folders are an Exchange term, and Exchange requires a dedicated server & a domain model. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm . I've heard some good stuff about OutlookFolders (third party app) Or, if you a...

Restore of custom fields Proj Server 2007
Hi everyone, In our environment we have about 20 custom fields. I tried rebuilding the reporting db by performing a backup/restore of these custom fields. The backup jobs went ok, three restore jobs were also ok, but the "Reporting Database Refresh" job is in status "Waiting to be Processed (Sleeping)" for 3 hours now. This job is in queue position 2. Isn't this quite a long time for this job to be sleeping? As I read that I shouldn't do anyhting to a sleeping job - I haven't but still I wonder if there is anything I can do make the job execute ...

LDAP #3
Migrating from Netscape to Outlook. Set up LDAP in Outlook. I am getting message: "Insufficientrights to browse this directory" I can access this directory from outlook express but not Outlook XP. What gives? ...

Distributed Processing Server
We are using eEnterprise 6.0 with SQL 2000 with Dexterity version 59. Now we have a need to use Distributed processing server I can't run it because the dps.exe is created with Dexterity 40. The dps.exe is not part of the service pack DexM59 (Dexterity v59). I am guessing it is part of other service pack.I looked on the Great Plains Web site without much luck. We are not moving to 8.0 until the end of this quarter. Please let me know If any one has this copy are link from where I can download this program. Thank You, Vishnu ...

Problems with Outlook 2003 with Exchange Server
I have Outlook attached to an Exchange Server and setup with a POP3 account. Whenever I send mail to an internet adressee I receive a message back from the Exchange server that the message delivery is being delayed, although it should not go through the Exchange server, it should go out using my SMTP setting with my POP3 account. After the delay I receive a message that the mail was not sent. The problem seems to be that the mail is going to Exchange Server instead of though my Internet Mail account. Does anyone have any solutions? ...

Setting the Server Status in OL2003
Hi everyone, to simplify future attempts (and searches for it) I just wanted to outline how the 'server status' flag of Eudora can be simulated using Outlook. Eudora can leave all mails on a POP3 server but delete a specific mail if the server status is set to 'delete next time a check for new messages is performed'. This comes in handy if you leave your mails on the POP3 by default (e.g. to acess them from somewhere else) but delete the really large ones although you want to keep even those on your local machine. By default a boolen User Property called server is added to e...

Log Resets from Automatically Grow to Fixed Size in SQL Server 200
In SQL Server 2005, changed the log for the CRM database from a fixed size to automatically grow, saved changes, went back into SQL Studio, and was set to fixed size again. Need to be able to save this change and make it effective. -- Thanks, Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Ag...

MOSS SP and Project Server 2007 SP
When installing Project Server 2007 in a MOSS 2007 instance that has had SP2 already applied do I need to re-apply SP2 to update for the new instance of Project Server 2007? I have searched Microsoft.com and not found a suitable answer to this question. -- Dominic You would install SP2 again to leverage the updates that pertain to MOPS only and not MOSS. Might as well do a CU and kill 2 birds with one update since SP2 is included in the AUG and OCT CU releases.. -- Project Consultant REJ Company Support@rejcompany.com "Dominic" wrote: > When ins...

server manager not displaying the Server summary
Hi, I'm using Windows server 2008 R2 x64. My server manager not displaying the values in server summary. Only displays the label. Is it a symptom for virus. I'm using Mcafee enterprises. I doesn't detect any virus. Or should I change something. Anyone please help me Vijay chandar ...

Install Microsoft.Jet.oledb.4.0 in server 2003
Hi, Can anyone please let me know how to install Jet.oledb.4.0 in server2003. I already have SP1 in my server. thanks, Vinamraa ...

free newsgroup servers?
Being it appears that "eternal-september.org" has gone off the air are there any suggestions as to another free news server to replace it, and to help Forte Agent APN news server? ***************** Thank You kgsAT@msbx.net To reply to this email please remove the AT after the kgs in the reply to address as shown above. "Can't we all just get along" Quote from Brett G http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=free+news+servers&aq=f&aqi=g8g-m2&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=bd61394807512b3c KG wrote: > Being it appears tha...

Not enough server storage is available to process this command
I have Exchange 2000 and have enabled journaling to another mailbox. This journal mailbox has about 850,000 messages in it currently. I tried to log in to this mailbox the other day with Outlook Express 6 (tried both POP3 and IMAP) and it did not work. It reported an error back saying: "Not enough server storage is available to process this command" There is loads of server storage available. Is there a mailbox limit where Outlook Express can't access it? or is there another problem? Thanks. "Stephen Aldous" <steve@stephenaldous.com> wrote in message news:4...

how to find sql server name in the local network
i am working for a program that needs to know which SQL servers are running cross over the local network.i don't know how to get these SQL servers' names.can anybody help me? thanks a lot! best regards, kywoo http://www.codeproject.com/database/serverenum.asp Enumerate SQL Server using SQL DMO "kywoo" <kywoo@tongji.edu.cn> wrote in message news:%23FLxBMtjDHA.1728@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > i am working for a program that needs to know which SQL servers are running > cross over the local network.i don't know how to get these SQL servers' > names.can...

MSExchangeSA wont start on FE Ex2k3-SP2 server
Hi, I am receiving the following error when the MSExchangeSA service starts: Event ID 1005 Unexpected error Access is denied. Facility: Win32 ID no: c0070005 Microsoft Exchange System Attendant Occured Sitting in a DMZ, all required ports are open. Matthew Are you using an account other than System to run the SA? Oliver Hi, No, all under Local System. Matthew I also noticed that sometimes when starting the SA it comes back saying the endpoint mapper has no end ports available. Are you 100% sure this FE in the DMZ can talk to a GC correctly? "Matthew M (UK)" <...

Adding 2nd Exchange Server
Hi, we are currently running a single Exchange 2003 Server in our domain. Now we tried to add a second Exchange server. the Exchange System Manager recognzies both of the servers. The first server works fine, however, the two servers don't seem to communicate to each other. If I try to send an email from one server to the other, they get stuck in the queue and i get the following messages: The queue on server one (name: server2.domain.com) says "An SMPT-Error occured." the queue on server two (name: server1.domain.com) says "The connection was dropped by the remo...

Replace Exchange Server #2
I need to replace my Exchange Server. What's the best way to do this? Is there a way that I can do this and still maintain the name of my current server on the new server (obviously not at the same time). Andy On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 08:29:02 -0700, Andy Siegel <AndySiegel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to replace my Exchange Server. What's the best way to do this? Is >there a way that I can do this and still maintain the name of my current >server on the new server (obviously not at the same time). > >Andy Replace it with what? I am actually...

SQL server problem
Customer just installed Sophos Anti Virus software on their SBS 2003 server that was running CRM, and now there is a problem with the SFO clients. The Sophos software installs a SQL svr instance. Is there any way of connecting the SFO clients to find the default crm sql svr instance on the server. When I try to run the server sql instance from the client sql svr manager, I get an "access denied" error - presumably because it is unable to cope with the second sql svr instance on the server. I recommended the Sophos to the customer - so don't want to have to now uninstall...

sql server report 2008 formatting options
The following two questions pertain to format questions I have about sql server 2008: 1. When I export some of the sql server 2008 tables to either word or PDF, and the table goes to two or more pages, there is a complete empty page break. Basically I will see the table, followed by a blank page, the table is continued to another page, there is another empty page, the table is continued to another page, there is another empty page. Thus can you tell me how to make certain there are not all the empty pages I just listed above? 2. I am thinking of creating 1 table...